What is spirituality?

A Freeman

Superstar
January - God Calling.

Between the Years. - January 1

Our Lord and our God. We joy in Thee. Without Thy Help we could not face unafraid the year before us.

I stand between the years. The Light of My Presence is flung across the year to come - the radiance of The Sun of Righteousness. Backward, over the past year, is My Shadow thrown, hiding trouble and sorrow and disappointment.

Dwell not on the past - only on the present. Only use the past as the trees use My Sunlight to absorb it, to make from it in after days the warming fire-rays. So store only the blessings from Me, The Light of the World. Encourage yourselves by the thought of these.

Bury every fear of the future, of poverty for those dear to you, of suffering, of loss. Bury all thought of unkindness and bitterness, all your dislikes, your resentments, your sense of failure, your disappointment in others and in yourselves, your gloom, your despondency, and let us leave them all, buried, and go forward to a new and risen life.

Remember that you must not see as the world sees. I hold the year in My Hands - in trust for you. But I shall guide you one day at a time.
Leave the rest with Me. You must not anticipate the gift by fears or thoughts of the days ahead.

And for each day I shall supply the Wisdom and the Strength.

Flarepath

Star
Thread title- What is spirituality?
-------------------------------------------------

We could also ask what is NON-spirituality, and the bible answers that nicely..:)-
"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
Thread title- What is spirituality?
-------------------------------------------------

We could also ask what is NON-spirituality, and the bible answers that nicely..:)-
"Ungodly...These men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed.." (2 Peter 2:12)
:oops:
This is worse, f-path... dont you think?
I believe it's about false prophets who intentionally mislead people; or become vessels for those who mislead. Iow, a reference to the fallen. As in Jude -> for whom it is reserved, the blackness of darkness forever.
-

Flarepath

Star
Many male actors kiss kids in their films, I'd never say they were peedos without proof, but it certainly raises eyebrows..;)

yuk2.jpg

A Freeman

Superstar

Spirit Sounds. - February 27

Take time for prayer. Take more time to be alone with Me. So only will you prosper.

Realize that the hearing of Spirit Sounds is more than the hearing of all Earth's noises. I am with you. Let that content you, nay, more, let that fill you with rapture.

Seek sometimes not even to hear Me. Seek a silence of spirit-understanding with Me. Be not afraid. All is well. Dwell much on what I did, as well as what I said.

Remember, I touched "her hand and the fever left her." Not many words, just a moment's contact, and all fever left her. She was well, whole, calm, able to arise and "minister unto them."

My touch is still a potent healer. Just feel that touch. Sense My Presence, and the fever of work and care and fear - just melts into nothingness and health, joy, peace, take its place.

Perfect Work. - February 28

Spend more time alone with Me.

A Strength and a Joy come from such times that will add much to your friendship, and much to your work.

Times of prayer are times of growth. Cut those times short and many well-filled hours of work may be profitless. Heaven's values are so different from the values of Earth.

Remember that from the point of view of The Great Worker, one poor tool, working all the time, but doing bad work, is of small value compared with the sharp, keen, perfect instrument, used only a short time but which turns out perfect work.

I LOVE this article:

"Creativity as a spiritual practice
I believe that we are all creative beings, and I believe that women especially are constantly called upon to create, or to birth, so to speak. It’s in our DNA, it’s part of our nature, it’s one of those things that makes us human: our imagination and what we do with it.
I also believe that we are spiritual beings, and I believe that we are all in search of purpose, and want to be part of something greater than ourselves. You know, the search for the meaning in life.
In my own quest for meaning and purpose, and in the discovery of my own creativity and my imagination, I have come to realize that being creative is, or at least definitely can serve as, a spiritual practice. I believe that creativity is a powerful force that is greater than us, moves through us, and creates with us. Creativity takes us beyond our own limits and beyond ourselves in a way that can be called spiritual.
The creative process seems to emerge inside of us, from a place of knowing that is difficult to grasp, and yet connects with life and the human experience in incredible ways. As such, listening to the creative call, and allowing it to express itself through you, requires you to slow down and listen. And in the world we live in, that’s a hard thing to do.
To me, this type of contemplative awareness is what a spiritual practice is all about. It’s a search for greater meaning in your life, it’s a pause that asks you to think about the mystery of life, and it’s a way to create space for stillness and for a different kind of human experience.
But what makes creativity a spiritual practice? Or better yet, how can you use creativity as a spiritual practice?
I believe it begins with breaking out of the limits that our world forces onto us. Limits about ourselves and who we are, limits about what is possible in the world, limits about who we believe we can be and what we believe we can achieve. And to break out of those limits, you have to allow yourself to think differently. And to do that, I believe you need to trust your imagination and allow it to go to many different places.
Cultivating such a wandering mind, where possibility is the word of the day, requires you to unleash the power of your imagination. Again, a very hard thing to do in a media-driven world that doesn’t ask you to really think at all, but rather loves to serve you its preferred version of everything instead.
So, it’s hard to do, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. And it is something that can be achieved through the creative process.
1. Don’t be afraid to create.
Imagination is unleashed through the creative process, not through the final product. It’s about expressing yourself in new and different ways, and learning new creative languages. In a way, a spiritual practice is the same. It’s the journey that matters, for there is no destination.
2. Use the creative process to learn about yourself.
What comes easy to you, and what is hard? These are pathways to discovery about who you are and what you stand for. In a spiritual practice, the same happens. You might find it really hard to meditate, or to not feel frustrated with something or someone. These events tell you new things about yourself (and not about others, as we often believe!), so use them to dig deeper and find out more about who you truly are.
3. Use your creative practice to connect with something bigger than yourself.
One of my spiritual mentors taught me the benefits of discipline, and how having a consistent spiritual practice and doing the work can forge a relationship between me and that which is greater than myself. I believe the same is true of a creative practice. By surrendering over and over again to creative impulses that ask to be unleashed, it becomes easier to connect with the divine, the life force, the mystery that makes everything possible. And this is precisely what a spiritual practice aims to do, as well.
Finally, besides being a spiritual practice, creativity is also a way to live a richer and more colorful life – a life of exploration and discovery, a life of change and growth.
So, don’t miss out, and especially not by thinking you’re not an artist or that you’re not the creative type. Creativity and imagination run through all of us. Just like the divine mysteries of life. All it takes is for you to pay attention."

(source)

A Freeman

Superstar
The "creative force" is, very obviously, a gift from our Creator, working through us.

We often believe ourselves to be clever, when the answers to our questions, solutions to issues, and designs to the things we build are given to us ("out of the blue"), rather than thanking our Creator for working with us and through us.

Having been through designing and building hundreds of projects over the years, the best part of every project is getting together with Father (our Creator) to mull over what needs to be done and how best to go about doing that. It's always amazing to see what He comes up with, particularly when others claim what's being contemplated is impossible.

He's waiting to work with each and every one of us, and through us, if we allow Him to do so (free-will). And going through the thought processes that are actually direct communication with Him are absolutely the kind of spiritual practice that we could all be enjoying day in and day out, all day long.

Thank Him for everything.