What is spirituality?

Lyfe

Star
The heart is not deceitful, it's a wonderful thing! Your bible has given you a very lousy attitude if you ask me. All you're hearing is the ravings of some bronze age priests trying to control the primitive masses. You think that old stuff still applies. I left it and never looked back.
You dont even really need a Bible for one to acknowledge that their heart has led them astray and into bad situations more times then they can count. Pride keeps people from humbling themselves to acknowledge this reality.

Alanantic

Star
You dont even really need a Bible for one to acknowledge that their heart has led them astray and into bad situations more times then they can count. Pride keeps people from humbling themselves to acknowledge this reality.
That's what a conscience is for!

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing Good and Evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?" -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

“I dwell in the heart of everyone.” -- Bhagavad Gita, [37.15.15]

“… I, the SELF, dwell in the heart.” -- Uddhava Gita, Dialogue 15. 29

Maldarker

Star
The heart is not deceitful, it's a wonderful thing! Your bible has given you a very lousy attitude if you ask me. All you're hearing is the ravings of some bronze age priests trying to control the primitive masses. You think that old stuff still applies. I left it and never looked back.
Yeah its a wonderfully deceitful thing....if it wasn't there would be no selfishness.
Seems GOD's word is more prevailent then ever before.

But hey you do you...You where given warnings heedings etc but the distance to the cliff ends sooner then later.

Alanantic

Star
Yeah its a wonderfully deceitful thing....if it wasn't there would be no selfishness.
Seems GOD's word is more prevailent then ever before.

But hey you do you...You where given warnings heedings etc but the distance to the cliff ends sooner then later.
Are you threatening me with eternal damnation for rejecting your Bronze Age god?

"A Christian telling someone they're going to Hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from Santa." -- Ricky Gervais

Maldarker

Star
Are you threatening me with eternal damnation for rejecting your Bronze Age god?

"A Christian telling someone they're going to Hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from Santa." -- Ricky Gervais
I'm not the one threating you...your threating yourself....I would be remise if i don't give you heed of the end of the road the cliff coming etc
and since i have then hands are washed clean of not warning you...

And guess will have to see how funny that joke will actually be at the moment not so much just a small chuckle maybe it wil be a full blown laugh or maybe it will be a oh crap type joke ....

Alanantic

Star
I'm not the one threating you...your threating yourself....I would be remise if i don't give you heed of the end of the road the cliff coming etc
and since i have then hands are washed clean of not warning you...

And guess will have to see how funny that joke will actually be at the moment not so much just a small chuckle maybe it wil be a full blown laugh or maybe it will be a oh crap type joke ....
Yes, please, wash your hands. We've got viruses floating around.

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine

Listen to yourself! MY god threatens no one. Nature has the rules I try to follow. Nature is indifferent to Good/Evil. In my opinion, your rules are unnatural.

Lyfe

Star
That's what a conscience is for!

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing Good and Evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?" -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

“I dwell in the heart of everyone.” -- Bhagavad Gita, [37.15.15]

“… I, the SELF, dwell in the heart.” -- Uddhava Gita, Dialogue 15. 29
The heart and the conscience are separate and often oppose each other.

Alanantic

Star
The heart and the conscience are separate and often oppose each other.
Exactly what point are you trying to say? I see goodness in all people. It's there if you look hard enough. If you look at others as material-seeking beasts, do you consider yourself different?

Lyfe

Star
Exactly what point are you trying to say? I see goodness in all people. It's there if you look hard enough. If you look at others as material-seeking beasts, do you consider yourself different?
The majority of people are indeed carnal and do love mammon. That is merely the truth and a fair observation. Does that mean I look down upon other humans or think I am better? Absolutely not! Christ through the holy spirit has actually given me a more sincere and deeper love for people. Love is patient and kind. Im no better and and am by no means righteous apart from the righteousness that comes from faith in Christ. This is not to boast, but currently there are two individuals staying with me. I would not have welcomed them into my home if it were not for the love of Christ and the work of the holy spirit in my heart. It just would not have happened. There is a love that goes beyond our human capacity to love. The love of God.

Maldarker

Star
Yes, please, wash your hands. We've got viruses floating around.

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine

Listen to yourself! MY god threatens no one. Nature has the rules I try to follow. Nature is indifferent to Good/Evil. In my opinion, your rules are unnatural.
Who says GOD is cruel? That would be you not? I haven't nor in essence has GOD or do you know HIM that well that you can say HE's cruel? Seems when SHTF its always place blame on GOD he's so cruel he did this or that when in fact its probably he/shes own actions that make it look like its cruel.

Alanantic

Star
The majority of people are indeed carnal and do love mammon. That is merely the truth and a fair observation. Does that mean I look down upon other humans or think I am better? Absolutely not! Christ through the holy spirit has actually given me a more sincere and deeper love for people. Love is patient and kind. Im no better and and am by no means righteous apart from the righteousness that comes from faith in Christ. This is not to boast, but currently there are two individuals staying with me. I would not have welcomed them into my home if it were not for the love of Christ and the work of the holy spirit in my heart. It just would not have happened. There is a love that goes beyond our human capacity to love. The love of God.
I don't believe that, and I don't think it's healthy to do so. Let's just agree to disagree
Who says GOD is cruel? That would be you not? I haven't nor in essence has GOD or do you know HIM that well that you can say HE's cruel? Seems when SHTF its always place blame on GOD he's so cruel he did this or that when in fact its probably he/shes own actions that make it look like its cruel.
I just did.

"The Tao(God/Nature) is not humane, it treats the 10,000 creatures (of which we are merely one) as straw dogs" (ie. expendable units). -- Lao Tzu

Lyfe

Star
I don't believe that, and I don't think it's healthy to do so. Let's just agree to disagree

I just did.

"The Tao(God/Nature) is not humane, it treats the 10,000 creatures (of which we are merely one) as straw dogs" (ie. expendable units). -- Lao Tzu
Why is it unhealthy? To the contrary I would say that denial of ones true condition is whats really unhealthy. It comes from pride. Your hindering one from receiving the help they need if they have an infirmity but keep telling them they are ok. Lies and self deception harms others.

Alanantic

Star
The majority of people are indeed
Why is it unhealthy? To the contrary I would say that denial of ones true condition is whats really unhealthy. It comes from pride. Your hindering one from receiving the help they need if they have an infirmity but keep telling them they are ok. Lies and self deception harms others.
Each being on this planet is a unique expression of God. I can't picture myself ever saying, "The majority of people are indeed ...".

Alanantic

Star
And thats why you have a limited picture.
What do you think is my problem? You obviously think I'm on some fool's errand You must picture some awful demise for me. If I'm so narrow-minded, what do you think I'm missing? I've been a Christian. I felt nothing. I wish I did! I'd love to be a blissful Christian like my sisters. They can't wait to get their grand reward after death, Eternal Happiness. I always thought seeking Truth was more important than my own happiness. I guess I outgrew those eternal desires.

Maldarker

Star
What do you think is my problem? You obviously think I'm on some fool's errand You must picture some awful demise for me. If I'm so narrow-minded, what do you think I'm missing? I've been a Christian. I felt nothing. I wish I did! I'd love to be a blissful Christian like my sisters. They can't wait to get their grand reward after death, Eternal Happiness. I always thought seeking Truth was more important than my own happiness. I guess I outgrew those eternal desires.
Your flighty like a hummingbird go to and fro from this feeling to the next feeling of supposed truth....

The whole of what is the crux is your statement i've been a christian heard that alot....Question would be where you actually?....Not a demonination memeber not a christian cuz... but a follower of CHRIST....(I don't think that your on a fools errand i think your on the same journey as i was)(I liken it to ransomware on a sys affecting the source code if i had the password that would allow you to get a rebuild of your source to get rid of the ransom would i not be remise to not give that good news to someone?)

Alanantic

Star
Your flighty like a hummingbird go to and fro from this feeling to the next feeling of supposed truth....

The whole of what is the crux is your statement i've been a christian heard that alot....Question would be where you actually?....Not a demonination memeber not a christian cuz... but a follower of CHRIST....(I don't think that your on a fools errand i think your on the same journey as i was)(I liken it to ransomware on a sys affecting the source code if i had the password that would allow you to get a rebuild of your source to get rid of the ransom would i not be remise to not give that good news to someone?)
Christianity and Jesus simply fall short for me. You've made Jesus into a God/idol, and gave up your conscience for some priest Bronze Age rules. I consider it backward and rather primitive. Like I said. I outgrew it.

Maldarker

Star
Christianity and Jesus simply fall short for me. You've made Jesus into a God/idol, and gave up your conscience for some priest Bronze Age rules. I consider it backward and rather primitive. Like I said. I outgrew it.
Well to each his own....:cool:

A Freeman

Superstar
Has anyone considered that our present situation is the direct result of our individual and collective thoughts (i.e. spiritual energy)?

We have just gone through almost 3 years of the planned and executed voluntary poisoning of the majority of the global population, under the guise of an imaginary fear of an imaginary virus that many imagined would make their body sick and cause it to die. And this imaginary fear drove them to accept an imaginary solution in the form of real injection of an unknown poison (unknown to the public, with its long-term, deleterious effects unknown to everyone).

During that time we have witnessed the most blatant example of election fraud in what was supposed to be the epicenter of "democracy" and "freedom", which should have proven to everyone that public elections are held for public amusement, to create the illusion of choice.

At the same time, we've entered the next phase of the gender confusion, introducing a seemingly endless stream of imaginary categories to replace male and female, complete with rewritten dictionaries with imaginary terms and imaginary pronouns for these imaginary categorizations. We literally have conned people into believing we can no longer look down our own underwear to determine what gender our body is.

At the same time, the rampant p***philia that goes on inside the halls of our corporate, fictional governments has been exposed at an unprecedented rate. And simultaneously, the acceptance and promotion of every sexual perversion has multiplied exponentially.

Of course we blame the leaders of church and state for all of this, even though many people still play the imaginary game and vote for these pedophiles and sell-outs, and/or promote them, let them sin with impunity, and then wonder why the world is in the mess that it's in. Yes, these evil leaders will be held accountable for their actions at some point, but truth be told, if you looking for the guilty party, you need only look into a mirror.

It is the collective sum of our individual, selfish and evil thoughts, words and actions that have brought us to this place in time, and to the brink of the third world war which, along with the lethal injection program, will kill BILLIONS. And every word and action began with a thought, so the evil that we now find manifested in a world FILLED with hatred and violence all began with selfish and evil thoughts.

THAT is how the spiritual manifests itself into this physical world, which should illustrate exactly how powerful the spiritual realm (our true reality) really is.

Alternatively, we could revolutionize our thought process, and begin TODAY to think not of ourselves, or about how great it would be to be rich and famous or powerful, etc. -- as all evil people do -- but instead to think of what we could be doing to benefit the greater, common good, i.e. loving our neighbor as much or more than ourselves.

THAT is what it means to do God's Will. And it all begins with a thought from God (Good), and giving that thought the spiritual energy to grow inside of the real you (the spirit-Being/Soul).

Alanantic

Star
"All these sufferings are man-made and it is within man's power to put an end to them. God helps by facing man with the results of his actions and demanding that the balance should be restored. Karma is the law that works for righteousness; it is the healing hand of God." -- Nisargadatta