What the Bible teaches about the God Head.

phipps

Star
“Another dangerous error, is the doctrine that denies the divinity of Christ, claiming that he had no existence before his advent to this world…If men reject the testimony of the inspired Scriptures concerning the divinity of Christ, it is in vain to argue the point with them; for no argument, however conclusive, could convince them.” The Great Controversy, 524.

A Freeman

Superstar
Prince Michael/Christ, God's Eldest/Firstborn Son -- The IMMORTAL Spiritual-Being Who is NOT of this world -- very obviously was brought into existence ("begotten"/made/created) by God BEFORE the world was made. God made the worlds through/by Prince Michael/Christ (Heb. 1:1-6), thereby showing and teaching Prince Michael/Christ everything in the process (John 5:19-20).

John 8:14 (KJV 8:23) And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I AM NOT FROM THIS WORLD.

-
communicated by The Messiah/Christ through the mouth of Jesus

Hebrews 1:1-6
1:1 God, Who at sundry times and in diverse manners spoke in time past unto the fathers by the Prophets,
1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [His] Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds;
1:3 Who being the brightness of [His] glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by The Word of His power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of His Majesty on high;
1:4 BEING MADE so much better than the angels, as he hath BY INHERITANCE obtained a more excellent name than they.
1:5 For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art My Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to Me a Son?
1:6 And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

John 5:19-20
5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do NOTHING of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that Himself doeth: and He will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Jesus -- the mortal human son of the virgin body of Mary - descended from the kingly line of David and born in Bethlehem in Judea, here on Earth, very obviously wasn't the first human born on Earth, nor did Jesus exist prior to his birth. Jesus was therefore definitely of this world, as he was born on Earth, and was crucified and died here on Earth and was then raised from the dead by God (Acts 4:10-12), after being dead and buried in the heart of the earth for three days AND three nights.

Prince Michael, The Messiah/Christ (The One Whom God Anointed) very obviously is DIVINE, i.e. He came FROM God, hence the designations Son OF God. But that does NOT mean that The Messiah/Christ is somehow God, nor does it mean that The Messiah/Christ existed BEFORE the beginning of time, i.e. before God created Prince Michael/Christ (which was the first act/beginning of God's Creation - Rev. 3:14).

These are the FACTS according to Scripture, and they are CERTAIN.

Of course for those who have had their minds poisoned by the pagan, Babylonian mystery religion and its pagan 3=1 deity, found nowhere in all of Scripture, no mountain of Scriptural facts/evidence, regardless of how conclusive it may be, will ever convince them.

"...they are the blind leading the blind..."

- Prince Michael/Christ, through the mouth of Jesus, as recorded in Matt. 15:13-14

phipps

Star
Jesus claimed to be God.

Jesus never directly said He was God, but He claimed to do things only God can do. In the four Gospels there are many passages that reveal that this is how Jesus understood Himself.

Jesus spoke of the angels of God and the Kingdom of God as His, "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness" (Matthew 13:41).

He claimed to forgive sins, "When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.” And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts, “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts? Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’? But that you may know that the Son of Man has [a]power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic..." (Mark 2:5-10).

Jesus claimed the power to judge the world, " 'When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: ..." (Matthew 25:31-46). Who else but God could, rightfully, do that?

The Jews seemed to understood what Jesus was saying about Himself as well. They asked, “Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?” (Mark 2:7). In John 10:33, "The Jews answered Him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God."

At His trial, one accusation against Jesus was that He claimed to be the Son of God:

John 19:7, "The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.”

Matthew 26:63-65, "But Jesus kept silent. And the high priest answered and said to Him, “I put You under oath by the living God: Tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God!” Jesus said to him, “It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.” Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, “He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy!"

If Jesus did not regard Himself as God, this was a critical opportunity for Him to correct a mistaken impression. Yet, He did not. In fact, it was at His trial before Caiaphas that He affirmed His own deity under oath. Hence, we have powerful evidence from the Bible of the deity of Christ.

One of the most profound self proclaiming statements that Jesus made was, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58). If this were an ordinary sentence then it would be bad English but Jesus was claiming divinity by applying the divine name to Himself. He was answering a question concerning His age. Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them,`The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me,`What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel,`I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:13-14).

Jesus is God and anyone who denies this truth, rejects the Word of God and Jesus Christ Himself just like the Jews did.

phipps

Star
How did Paul, once a rigid Pharisee, talk about the deity of Christ?

Philippians 2:6, "who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God."

For a Pharisee grounded in the Old Testament teaching of the Oneness of God, this is an astonishing statement, because it reveals Paul’s deep commitment to the deity of Christ.

The book of Hebrews—written to Jews who were strong monotheists, as was Paul—contains potent statements underscoring the deity of the Son of God. In Hebrews 1:8-9, Christ’s divine nature is powerfully and explicitly expressed. "But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

A Freeman

Superstar
Jesus claimed to be God.

Jesus never directly said He was God
And yet the core doctrine of "Christianity", in virtually all of its sects/cults/denominations, etc. ASSUME that Jesus is/was God, even though Jesus NEVER said that.

1688650399606.png

but He claimed to do things only God can do.
No, he didn't.

John 5:19-20
5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, THE SON CAN DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that Himself doeth: and He will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Matthew 24:36 But of That Day and Hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father ONLY.

Straight from the mouth of Jesus we have it that neither Christ nor Jesus is/was all-powerful at all times, even though God IS All-Powerful (Omnipotent) at ALL times (Num. 23:19).

Straight from the mouth of Jesus we have it that neither Christ nor Jesus is/was all-knowing, even though God IS All-Knowing (Omniscient).

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth ALL things.

phipps

Star
Problematic texts in the Bible that make people think Jesus is not God.

1. Jesus, “the Beginning of God’s Creation.”

Revelation 3:14, “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God."

It is claimed that Jesus was God’s first work of creation.

The Greek word (archē) can be translated “beginning,” “origin,” “first cause” or “ruler.” The Father Himself is called the “beginning” in Revelation 21:6. The same title is used for Jesus in Revelation 22:13. Jesus is not the first created being but is Himself the Creator.

2. Jesus, “the Firstborn of All Creation.”

Colossians 1:15, "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation."

Since Jesus is called the “firstborn,” it is argued that he was born.

According to verse 16, "or by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him", everything is created by Jesus. Therefore, He cannot Himself be a created being.

The Bible writers sometimes use “firstborn” in a special way. David, though youngest, is called the firstborn (Psalm 89:20, 27). The second line of the parallelism tells us that this title means “most exalted king.” The firstborn was the leader of a group or tribe, the priest of the family, and received twice the inheritance of his brothers. Sometimes, the idea of being born first did not play a role. Jacob (Genesis 25:25-26 and Exodus 4:22) and Ephraim (Genesis 41:50-52 and Jeremiah 31:9), though not born first, are also “firstborn.”

More crucial than birth order was the special rank and dignity of the person given the title “firstborn.” Jesus, is called firstborn not because He was the firstborn of Mary but because of all creation, His is the birth that matters most and because He holds the exalted position of King of kings over all creation.

3. Jesus as God.

John 1:1-3, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

It is claimed that there is a distinction in quality between God the Father, who is the Almighty God, and Jesus, who is only a god. John 1:1 reads: “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with hot heos, and the Word was theos.”

The Greek term for God–theos–is found with the article (ho theos–“the God”) or without the article (theos–“a god” or “God”). In John 1:1-3 the Father is named ho theos whereas the son is called theos. Is it justified to claim, based on this observation, that the Father is God Almighty whereas the Son is only a god?

When the term theos is used for the Father, it is not only used with the article but often times also without the article–theos (even in the very same chapter: John 1:6, 13, 18; see also Luke 2:14; Acts 5:39; 1 Thessalonians 2:5; 1 John 4:12; and 2 John 1:9). Jesus is also the God, theos with the article (Hebrews 1:8-9; John 20:28). In other words, whether “God” has the article or not has nothing to do with their nature as deity.

Had John always used the definite article with theos, it would mean that there is only one divine person: the Father would be the Son. In John 1:1, in order to talk about two separate persons of the Godhead, John had no other choice than to use ho theos (God with the article) and the next time to employ theos without the article. The absence of the article is not a valid argument against the equality and unity of the Father and the Son.

4. Jesus, the One and Only Son.

John 1:14, 18, "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. ...No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him."

John 13:16, 18, "Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. ...“I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.’ "

1 John 4:9, "In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him."

It is suggested that the word monogenēs points to a literal begetting of Jesus and should be translated “only begotten.” Like “firstborn,” it is important to see the word’s range of meaning.

The same term occurs also in Luke 7:12; 8:42; 9:38 and points to an only child.

Isaac is called Abraham’s monogenēs son in Hebrews 11:17. While Isaac was not Abraham’s only son, he was unique as Abraham’s “son of promise.” In light of these verses, together with the references in John and 1 John (the only other verses in the New Testament that use the Greek term), we conclude that “only” or “unique” is better than “only begotten” as a translation of monogenēs.

The normal term for begotten, gegennēka, is found in Hebrews 1:5 and points either to Christ’s resurrection or incarnation.

Perhaps the other evangelists did not use monogenēs because agapētos “beloved” is another way to translate the same Hebrew word (see Mark 1:11 in connection with Christ’s baptism). The two words may sometimes be close in meaning.

Conclusion.
Jesus is God as the Father is God. We understand Him to be equal with the Father in quality but not in function. The Son is to be honored as the Father is honored, "that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him" (John 5:23). A wrong understanding of the Son can lead to misunderstanding the way of salvation (1 John 4:1-3).

Had God offered even his best created being as a sacrifice for lost humanity yet not offered Himself, humans, angels, and the inhabitants of the universe might question His love and misunderstand the real motivation for obedience. In giving His Son, the Father also gave Himself because Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are eternally one. Understanding the nature of Jesus helps us to understand how we are saved and why we must accept Him as our Savior and Lord.

phipps

Star
This is a prophecy from the book of Isaiah about Jesus that tells us He is God.

Isaiah 9:6, "For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

phipps

Star
Jesus is, was and always will be God for all eternity.

Isaiah 45:15, "Truly You are God, who hide Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior!"

John 10:30-33, "I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”
He was man and God.

Titus 2:11-13, "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ."
He is God and Saviour.

Hebrews 1:8, "But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom."
He is Son and God.

phipps

Star
1701036124880.png
John 16:7-14, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you."