What the Bible teaches about the God Head.

phipps

Star
Q. Why does this term/word baptism always reminds me of baphomet ?
I have no idea because they are un-related words with completely different meanings.

As I mentioned in the previous post the word "baptism" comes from the Greek word "baptizo" which means to "submerge," "plunge under," or "immerse." Biblically when a person is baptised by water they have to be completely submerged, or buried, in the water. When they are baptised by the Holy Spirit they will filled with the Holy Spirit.

I do not know where the word baphomet comes from. All I know is its a pagan/occult symbol of a goat that represents a demon I think.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Nature of the Holy Spirit

Here we enter upon a subject where we have—like Moses in the wilderness—to take off our shoes. The Lord tells us by His servant: "It is not essential for us to be able to define just what the Holy Spirit is. Christ tells us that the Spirit is the Comforter, 'the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father.' It is plainly declared regarding the Holy Spirit that, in His work of guiding men into all truth, 'He shall not speak of Himself.' John 15:26; 16:13.

"The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery. Men cannot explain it, because the Lord has not revealed it to them. Men having fanciful views may bring together passages of Scripture and put a human construction on them, but the acceptance of these views will not strengthen the church. Regarding such mysteries, which are too deep for human understanding, silence is golden."Acts of the Apostles, pp. 51-52.

Often the Holy Spirit is referred to as a power proceeding from the Father and the Son—a power working in and through human beings (Micah 3:8; Luke 1:35; 4:14; 24:49; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:4).

Still the nature of the Holy Spirit remains to us a mystery. We should accept the following advice from Deuteronomy 29:29: "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

phipps

Star
How does the Godhead work together?

Have you ever been on a winning team? A team of students at school raising money, a team of co-workers trying to meet a sales goal, a community sports team—it’s fun to be on the winning side. A team has a common goal. While each person may fill a different role, they all work together to accomplish the mission.

The triune God may be compared to a winning team. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit work together in ways that a human team would never be able to for a common goal. While each person of the Godhead has a distinct role in the plan of salvation, they unite in their mission.

Paul writes to the church at Corinth: “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all” (2 Corinthians 13:14).

Like a winning team, each person of the Godhead has a different role. They each have a special relationship to humanity. God the Father sustains and supports us. God the Son saves us from sin and shows us a better way to live. God the Holy Spirit guides us in the way of righteousness. All three work together for our salvation. In the doctrine of the Godhead, we see God’s love revealed.

The book of Jude mentions this teamwork, “Beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life” (Jude 20-21).

Like the ultimate winning team, the trinity works together for us. They will do everything possible to bring you to salvation. Like a teacher in school who gives her all to help her students succeed, the Godhead works together to make salvation understandable. They want us to experience salvation.

Paul, the apostle, tells how the Godhead work together to bring us salvation. In the third chapter of his letter to Titus, he highlights their teamwork:

God the Father, in His mercy, has offered us a way to experience salvation. Paul says, “But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us” (Titus 3:4-5).

God the Son was in agreement, so He gave His life so that we could choose salvation.

“Whom He [God the Father] poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life” (Titus 3:6-7).

God the Holy Spirit, working to bring us salvation, offers to renew and remake us into the image of God. Paul continues:

“Through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5).

This is God’s goal. All three members of the Godhead are working together to make it possible for us to be heirs of eternal life. There truly is a “dream team” ready to sustain us, guide us, and redeem us.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Biblically no one has seen or spoken to the Father.

John 1:18, "No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him."

John 6:46, "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except He who is from God; He has seen the Father."

The above verses seem contradictory because for example we do read about God speaking to Moses face to face on more than one occasion and others too:

Exodus 33:11, "So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle."

Exodus 24:9-11, "Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity. But on the nobles of the children of Israel He did not lay His hand. So they saw God, and they ate and drank."

Numbers 12:6-8, "Then He said, “Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision; I speak to him in a dream. Not so with My servant Moses; He is faithful in all My house. I speak with him face to face, Even plainly, and not in dark sayings; And he sees the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant Moses?”

John 9:29, "We know that God spoke to Moses; as for this fellow, we do not know where He is from.”

In these passages, we see that God communicated directly with Moses, who was the leader of God’s people, and also with Aaron, his two sons, and the 70 elders of Israel. We also know that Moses was in direct communication with God when he received the Ten Commandments. God also spoke and was seen by other prophets and patriarchs in the Bible.

We may begin to understand how all this is possible from Jesus’ response when Phillip said to Him, “Show us the Father” (John 14:8). Jesus’ answer is recorded in verses 9 and 10, "Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works." From these verses, we understand that Jesus represents the Father, and Jesus is God. So when it says that God spoke to Moses or to Abraham and others, we understand that it was Jesus. Whenever God communicated with anyone especially in the Old Testament, it was always Jesus the Son, not the Father. For no man has ever seen or spoken to the Father at any time.

Some Christians think that Jesus waited 4,000 years to personally intervene in the affairs of man. Not so! Though it is true that the incarnation occurred 4,000 years after man's fall, God the Son has been personally involved in the history and affairs of His people. This is why Jesus said; "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad" (John 8:56). Jesus appeared personally to Abraham when the Patriarch interceded for Lot (Genesis 18:26).

What a wonderful truth that Jesus, God's eternal Son, has ever been actively occupied in watching over, providing for, and protecting His children! He spoke face to face with Abraham and Moses and wrestled with Jacob. He led the Israelites through the wilderness, providing food and water and victory against their enemies.

YokeFellow

Established
It’s impossible to wrap our finite minds around this infinite concept.
No, it is not impossible. It is quite simple actually
How does the doctrine of the Godhead work?
Romans 1:20 describes the Godhead perfectly...

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

The Godhead is understood by the 'things that are made'. Whatever our eyes see is made up of the Godhead.

What are things made of that consist of a Trinity? A child could answer that one.
How can there be one God, but three Persons?
Simple...

John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

God is the Information Field that manifests our Reality. The 'Word' is God as the 'One'. This Word manifests into the Godhead mentioned in the previous verse. In other words, the Word of God is what creates ordinary matter.

Think of Software running a Simulation. It is the same concept.

YokeFellow

Established
"The nature of the Holy Spirit is a mystery.
Incorrect. It is not a Mystery.
Men cannot explain it
Incorrect. The Nature of the Holy Spirit has been quantified in exquisite detail.
Often the Holy Spirit is referred to as a power...
Yes. That is the Key. What is Power according to Scripture?
What was the color of the Whirlwind Ezekiel saw?
We should accept the following advice from Deuteronomy 29:29: "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."
The second part of the verse is relevant here.

;)

A Freeman

Superstar
The Godhead is very clearly described in Scripture:

God, The Supreme Spiritual-Being and King of the Universe (John 4:24), is THE HEAD of everyone, including Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you KNOW, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and THE HEAD OF CHRIST [IS] GOD.

When the ONE True God created His FIRST CREATION/FIRSTBORN SON -- Prince Michael/Christ (Rom. 8:29, Col. 1:12-15, Rev. 3:14) -- He became Father (Matt. 23:9). Father then created the universe, with all of the worlds, and the rest of the spiritual-Beings/Souls/Angels THROUGH His Firstborn Son (Heb. 1:1-4).

This is why we find not one single mention of a "trinity" or 3=1 nonsense ANYWHERE in all of Scripture. Not one.

This is why Prince Michael/Christ, incarnated INSIDE of Jesus (The Word made flesh -- John 1:14), repeatedly referred to himself ONLY as the SON OF God, and NEVER as God Himself.

50 references to Christ as the CREATED Son of God:
Matthew (9): 4:3, 4:6, 8:29, 14:33, 16:16, 26:63, 27:40, 27:43, 27:54

Mark (5): 1:1, 3:11, 5:7, 14:61, 15:39

Luke (7): 1:32, 1:35, 4:3, 4:9, 4:41, 8:28, 22:70

John (11): 1:34, 1:49, 3:18, 5:25, 6:69, 9:35, 10:36, 11:4, 11:27, 19:7, 20:30

Acts (2): 8:37, 9:20

Books with single references (5): Galatians 2:20, 2 Corinthians 1:19, Romans 1:4, Ephesians 4:13, Revelation 2:18

Hebrews (4): 4:14, 6:6, 7:3, 10:29

1 John (7): 3:8, 4:15, 5:5, 5:10, 5:12, 5:13, 5:20

Also, three of the references to Christ being the literal Son of God refer to Him as the Son of THE Most High or THE Highest. Further, there are at least three more references made by Father to His Anointed (His Christ) as His Son.

Mark 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son OF the Most High God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Luke 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son OF the Highest: and THE LORD God his Father shall give unto him the Throne of David:

Luke 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

And in Psalms, where Father (God, the Most High) refers His Anointed (His Christ) as His Son: Psalm 2:7, 2:12, Dan. 3:25.

This is also why Jesus, the human son of the virgin Mary that Christ incarnated, was referred to as "the Son of man", to make it crystal clear to everyone that Jesus was not, and never could be, God (Num. 23:19, 1 Sam. 15:28-29, Hosea 11:9), AND that the Father-Son relationship in "the Son of God" works exactly the same in Heaven as it does here on Earth, i.e. the Father and the Son are NOT two parts of the same individual.

Jesus referred to as "the Son of Man" over 80 times:
This is also why Christ plainly stated that His Father is GREATER than ALL, including Christ (John 10:29, John 14:28). "Greater than" does not, nor can it ever mean "equal to" under ANY circumstances.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get to know Father, THE One True God AND to get to know His Son, Christ the Saviour while believing in the pagan Babylonian "trinity", which has absolutely NOTHING to do with God nor His Anointed One (the One Whom God Anointed: The Messiah/Christ).

And without getting to know Both Father and Christ, Whom Father sent, eternal life isn't attainable.

John 17:3 And THIS is Life Eternal, that they might KNOW Thee the ONLY True God, and Christ the Saviour, whom Thou hast sent.

phipps

Star
No, it is not impossible. It is quite simple actually

Romans 1:20 describes the Godhead perfectly...

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

The Godhead is understood by the 'things that are made'. Whatever our eyes see is made up of the Godhead.

What are things made of that consist of a Trinity? A child could answer that one.

Simple...

John 1:1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

God is the Information Field that manifests our Reality. The 'Word' is God as the 'One'. This Word manifests into the Godhead mentioned in the previous verse. In other words, the Word of God is what creates ordinary matter.

Think of Software running a Simulation. It is the same concept.
We do not as human beings understand everything about God fully. I don't even think the angels do. We do not know most things about anything in this world let alone about God. However what He has revealed to us we are supposed to understand if we submit to Him and let Him into our hearts fully.

For example how did God create the World with His spoken Word? If you say, "let there be light", will light just appear as it did with God?

How does God save us? The plan of salvation is supernatural and impossible for us to understand fully. That the Creator of everything that was made (John 1:1-3) would come down to this earth and be “manifested in the flesh” then offer Himself as a sacrifice for the sins of humanity, entails mysteries that will probably never be fully comprehended by any of the creation. Even angels study to understand the mystery of why Jesus came to earth (1 Peter 1:12). Nevertheless, what they do know causes us all to praise the Lord for His glory and goodness (Revelation 5:13).

Job 11:7, "Can you search out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limits of the Almighty?"

Job 36:26, "Behold, God is great, and we do not know Him; Nor can the number of His years be discovered."

Isaiah 55:8-9, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts."

Romans 11:33-34, "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out! “For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?”

Last edited:

phipps

Star

Incorrect. The Nature of the Holy Spirit has been quantified in exquisite detail.

The second part of the verse is relevant here.

;)
Remember this is about what God's Word says and we have to read all of it on this subject and not just some scripture to completely understand what the Bible says.

It is correct. in fact all the God head is a mystery.

The word “mystery” means puzzling, obscure, unknown, unexplained, or incomprehensible. There are some mysteries about God we are meant to understand if we submit to Him and study His Word and live according to His will. But there are some mysteries about God that we cannot fully comprehend no matter how hard we try as human beings. We know only as much as revelation and Scripture reveal.

No it hasn't and that is true of God the Father and Son too.

There is more to the Holy Spirit than just being a power as I posted in this thread.

The second part of the verse is relevant here
Let me repost the passage again.

Deuteronomy 29:29: "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

The key part of this verse is the part I underlined. "those things which are revealed". That means God has not revealed everything to us and our children has He? What He has revealed to us in His Word is enough for us to get to know Jesus Christ and be saved.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
The Godhead is NOT a mystery. THE God and Father of Christ IS The Head of Christ, just as Christ is the head of every man.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you KNOW, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and THE HEAD OF CHRIST [IS] GOD.

John 17:3 And THIS is Life Eternal, that they might KNOW Thee the ONLY True God, and Christ the Saviour, whom Thou hast sent.

phipps

Star
I'm reposting this here for those who do understand the order of authority of the Godhead and why it exists. This does not mean any of the three Persons of the Godhead outrank or have more authority than each other.

The Bible also tells us that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit each have a different role, and each has a different personality, and each has different characteristics as I posted in this thread. They work together to save mankind.

I urge people to study most or all scripture on this subject in the entire Bible. One or two verses will not give anyone the answer to this entire subject. Please pray and ask God through the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of the subject to you.

Who Outranks Whom?

Let us now venture a little deeper onto sacred ground. As we consider the mysteries of the Godhead, we notice that there seems to be an order of authority concerning the three Persons in the Godhead. Keep in mind that while all three are the same in properties and attributes, and equal in power and glory, it appears that the Father is recognized as the ultimate authority. “And ye are Christ’s; and Christ is God’s” (1 Corinthians 3:23). “But I would have you know, that … the head of Christ is God” (1 Corinthians 11:3). The Son constantly receives His glory, power, throne, and prerogatives as Judge from the Father (John 3:35; John 5:22). Indeed, it was God the Father that “gave” the Son. In fact, while it might not be wrong, we are never told to pray to Jesus or the Spirit - but instead to the Father in the name of the Son. Yet just because the Father seems to have supreme authority, it does not in any way diminish from the divinity of Jesus and the Spirit. That would be like saying that a corporal is less of a soldier than a sergeant.

Among the three members of the Godhead, we do not see a clamouring for pre-eminence, vying for recognition, or revelling in power. Instead, the exact opposite is true. In fact, the Father, Son, and Spirit always seem to be trying to out give and glorify each other. The Father wants to glorify the Son. The Son lives to glorify the Father, and the Spirit lives to glorify the Father and Son:

John 17:1, 5, "Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, ... And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

John 16:14, "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you."

John 13:31-32, "So, when he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified, and God is glorified in Him. If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately."

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
God, our heavenly Father, GAVE Christ His Life, His Anointment, and appointed Christ to be HEIR of all things, including the "Elect".

There aren't 3 members of the TRUE Godhead; The ONE True God - the Father - is the Head of us ALL, including Christ, exactly as it says throughout Scripture.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than He that sent him.

References in the Gospels to Christ being sent by God (52):-

Matthew (3): 10:40, 15:24, 21:37
Mark (2): 9:37, 12:6
Luke (6): 4:18, 4:26, 4:43, 9:48, 10:16, 20:13
John (41): 3:17, 3:34, 4:34, 5:23, 5:24, 5:30, 5:36, 5:37, 5:38, 6:29, 6:38, 6:39, 6:40, 6:44, 6:57, 7:16, 7:28, 7:29, 7:33, 8:7, 8:9, 8:17, 8:20, 8:33, 9:4, 10:36, 11:42, 12:44, 12:45, 12:49, 13:16, 13:20, 14:24, 15:21, 16:5, 17:3, 17:18, 17:21, 17:23, 17:25, 20:21

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.

Please note well: Greater than does NOT mean "equal to" nor is a father the same thing or same individual as the son. Father (God) CREATED Christ (Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:1-6; Rev. 3:14).

Anyone claiming otherwise is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in them.

A Freeman

Superstar
Christ tells us that His Father IS His God:-

Matthew 27:46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me? (Eno. 89:20; Psalm 22; Isaiah 52:13 to 54:1; Sura 4:157-8.)

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] MY God, and your God.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in The Temple of MY God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of MY God, and the name of the city of MY God, [which is] New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from MY God: and [I will write upon him] my NEW name.

Peter confirms that Father is Christ's God:-
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Christ the Saviour, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Paul confirms that Father is Christ's God:-
2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Christ the Saviour, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

There is no "trinity", which is a totally unscriptural, pagan deity that originated in BABYLON.

phipps

Star
Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

1 John 5:7,
"For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

I count three Persons of the Godhead in these verses. They are one, equal to each other with different roles.

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
Matthew 28:19, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

I count three Persons of the Godhead in this verse. They are equal to each other with different roles.
Where in that verse does it say that those three are the "Godhead" please?

And further, that verse in its original text, did not even include that wording.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them with the Holy Spirit: in my name (The Saviour),

Please note well: the COMMAND was to make disciples (NOT "Christians" of all nations, and to baptize them WITH the Holy Spirit in the Name of The Saviour.

How can we be absolutely certain of that?

Because if that verse did originally have the "trinitarian" wording in it, then every single disciple and apostle disobeyed that COMMAND, as not one single one of them baptized in the "name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit".

Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 8:12 “But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:16 “For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48 “And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 19:5 “When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 22:16 “And now why tarriest you? arise, and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:3 “Know you not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1 Corinthians 1:13 “Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were you baptized in the name of Paul?” [Implied]

Galatians 3:27 “For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

So should Matthew 28:19 read “baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.” or “baptizing them in My name.

And based on your conclusion, which of the following is correct?

Colossians 2:12 “Buried with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in baptism, wherein also you are risen with them through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised them from the dead.

or

Colossians 2:12 “Buried with him in baptism, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who has raised him from the dead.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is NONE other NAME (singular) under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Only The Truth can set you FREE.

phipps

Star
There is one God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, a unity of three coeternal Persons. God is immortal, all-powerful, all-knowing, above all, and ever present. He is infinite and beyond human comprehension, yet known through His self-revelation. God, who is love, is forever worthy of worship, adoration, and service by the whole creation.

Genesis 1:26, "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Isaiah 6:8, "Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me."

2 Corinthians 1:21-22, "Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2 Corinthians 13:14, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”

1 Peter 1:2, "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

phipps

Star
The three Persons of the Godhead are equal.

The three divine persons are equal but not identical. There is no hierarchy or subordination suggested by an unchangeable order in the presentation of their names:

1 Corinthians 12:4-6, "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all."

2 Corinthians 13:14, “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”

Ephesians 4:4-6, "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

All three are involved in our salvation. Thomas Oden is right: “If God were only one person, it could not be proclaimed that God both sends and is sent; that God could be both lawgiver and obedient to the law; that God could both make atonement and receive it; that God could both reject sin and offer sacrifice for it.” Thomas Oden, The Word of Life (San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1989), p. 77.

Careful reflections on the triune God can come only from a heart and mind trained in humility. Speaking adequately of God is a daunting task. Scripture must be the primary source of our knowledge of Him. Christians manifest their avowed dependence upon this Book, which contains many affirmations of the deity of the three divine Persons. “The historic formulation of the Trinity . . . seeks to circumscribe and safeguard this mystery (not explain it; that is beyond us), and it confronts us with perhaps the most difficult thought that the human mind has ever been asked to handle. It is not easy; but it is true.” J. I. Packer, Concise Theology: A Guide to Historical Christian Beliefs (Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House, 1993), p. 40. (Italics supplied.)

A Freeman

Superstar
Who are you trying to convince of this 3=1 nonsense? Yourself perhaps?

If the "trinity" was true, Jesus would have told us about it, prayed to it, and made it a point to teach it.

He didn't do any of those things, instead praying to Father (Who IS God), referring to his Father as his (Christ's) God, and teaching everyone else by giving all the glory to Father, with Whom Christ-Jesus could do absolutely nothing.

OUR Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be THY Name
THY Kingdom come. THY Will be done, in earth as [it is] in heaven.
- Christ, through the mouth of Jesus (from Matt. 6:9-10)

There is ONE God. It is only the ARROGANCE of humans that blinds them to such a simple truth: ONE MEANS ONE.