why Christians reject Roman Catholic church

QMQS

Established
Because one Pope does something bad doesn’t mean the papacy is “satanic”

look into traditional Catholics vs modern Catholics

finally less than 2% of priests have ever been accused of anything to do with child abuse so maybe learn the facts before spouting nonsense

One Pope?

Pope Sergius III, John XII, , Pope Boniface VII, , Pope John XV, Benedict VIII, Benedict IX, Innocent III (promoted the Inquisition..) all corrupt and/or murderers , all highly immoral...and the list goes on and on. It makes me physically sick.

SnowFall

Veteran
One Pope?

Pope Sergius III, John XII, , Pope Boniface VII, , Pope John XV, Benedict VIII, Benedict IX, Innocent III (promoted the Inquisition..) all corrupt and/or murderers , all highly immoral...and the list goes on and on. It makes me physically sick.
Lol how where they corrupt? Talking nonsense

QMQS

Established
Pope Benedict IX was not exactly beloved. St. Peter Damian, for one, called him a "demon from hell in the disguise of a priest." In his third book of Dialogues, Pope Victor III wrote of Benedict IX as having a "life as a pope so vile, so foul, so execrable, that I shudder to think of it." No wonder Benedict IX decided to stick it to all of them, resigning in 1045 — and becoming the first man in history to sell the papacy. The buyer: the priest John Gratian (Pope Gregory VI). Benedict IX later refused to face charges of simony and was excommunicated.
This is just one example, there are so many more. But I think even if the Pope would kill someone right in front of you, you would still defend him. You are on a very dangerous path. I will pray for you.

QMQS

Established
Literally nothing satanic there
Just Jesus Christ (so they claim) rising or rather being destroyed by a nuclear bomb. Yeah, not satanic at all.

Besides it is well known what happens if you mirror the right side. But yeah, just a coinkidink I suppose.

1669991241018.png

Let's not forget that the Pope was friends with Adolf Hitler before ww2 started and the Vatican is hiding all the gold stolen by the Nazis . Plus Hitler was a Catholic. Also people have been blackmailed because of things they confess to in the confession booths Catholics run. Who in their right mind would go into a confession booth and reveal their dark secrets to child molesters. Maybe that is what inspired Epstein to make career out of blackmail? I have a movie called The Man Who Was Called Thursday that I got at Dollar Tree that explored this subject.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Imagine there are people who think Jesus would be angry for venerating His mother or believing she was assumed into Heaven.

Oh wait ...
I think that elevating a human being to a status she didn’t have, and deceiving others into venerating her inappropriately would bring the wrath of God because such behaviour is simply idolatry.

Lyfe

Star
I would say that the vast majority of the protestant churches don't adhere to the biblical model either. Colossians and Hebrews speaks directly to the futility of religiousity and one can't help but, think of the vain practices of the rcc when reading those books. If the emphasis is on traditions of men and religious procedures and not on discipleship and being conformed to the fullness of Christ(with the presence of the holy spirit to minister) then it's not a biblical model church. Conformed in both doctrine and expression. Churches should be a place where every saint is encouraged to discover the gifts that God has given them and grow in them, it should be a place of discipleship. It should be a place that encourages good works, self denial, and evangelism. In acts they had all things in common and should be a place where fellowship takes place. It should be a place where after adequate time spent there you have become a fuller and mature expression of the likeness of God on earth.

I came to Christ and not once did the holy spirit lead me in that direction. The ministry of the holy spirit is focused on magnifying God and the work of Christ through good deeds. If church becomes centered on religious practice and rites this is missing the mark. If a church isn't focused on equipping people in such a way where they can live out Isaiah 61 then it's not led by the spirit in my sincere opinion. Churches have become too sermon centered and not a building where people can actually learn God's ways and become equipped as a man of God and kingdom soldier here on earth.

I think that elevating a human being to a status she didn’t have, and deceiving others into venerating her inappropriately would bring the wrath of God because such behaviour is simply idolatry.
The wrath of a demiurge or YHWH maybe. Good thing Christ transcends their pettiness.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
It's in reference to Tsjernobyl, I think, not a nuclear bomb. Not my cup of tea this "art", but it's not satanic.
The wrath of a demiurge or YHWH maybe. Good thing Christ transcends their pettiness.
It was actually Christ who the Israelites had tempted in the wilderness and were destroyed as a result.

1 Corinthians 10:1-16
King James Version

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

Let's not forget that the Pope was friends with Adolf Hitler before ww2 started and the Vatican is hiding all the gold stolen by the Nazis . Plus Hitler was a Catholic. Also people have been blackmailed because of things they confess to in the confession booths Catholics run. Who in their right mind would go into a confession booth and reveal their dark secrets to child molesters. Maybe that is what inspired Epstein to make career out of blackmail? I have a movie called The Man Who Was Called Thursday that I got at Dollar Tree that explored this subject.
No and no. The “Nazi pope” was not a friend of the nazis. It’s a myth from John Cornwell’s book. Pius XII did a lot to save Jews from nazi persecution, so much so that the chief rabbi of Rome Israel Zolli converted to Catholicism and changed his name to that of the “Nazi pope”: Eugene Maria.

And Hitler might have been born Catholic, his nazi ideology hated it.

Lyfe

Star
Jesus said that he will build his church. What qualifies someone as being part of his church is the true circumcision of the holy spirit. The holy spirit gives us our connection to God and unifies us with Christ so that we are one with him. We are spiritually nourished and fed through him to bear good fruit and live as an expression of Christ and God's kingdom here on earth. It was never about vain religious traditions but about loving one another. If the focus is on religious procedures and not this then it's something that needs to be reevaluated and brought under the scrutiny and exposure of scripture.

Lyfe

Star
It's vitally important to understand that as a Child of God we are loosed from the law to serve in the newness of the spirit. I only bring up the law here, because in Hebrews it makes mention of the futility of carnal ordinances and their inability to perfect the worshipper (in a way that pleases God). Carnal ordinances and traditions are at the heart of every religion. Christ perfectly fulfilled the obligations of the law and all it's ordinances that we could be freed from them to to walk with God in a new and living way. We need to flee from every appearance of religion and walk in the spirit. If we yield to the holy spirit he will just naturally bear his fruit through us. God's desire is to use his people as vessels to reach and bring light and life to the world. The focus is on God and others and if an assembly fails to bear this in mind and places emphasis on empty traditions then it's one step closer back to the law which is something that Christ died for and gave us his spirit to set us free from. We are called to walk in the spirit. To live in the spirit. We are called to worship God in spirit and in truth.