Woke Watch - TV shows + movies

Anyone mentioned this new rom com movie.
1666222955632.png
A romcom with gay men. The trailer keeps popping up on discovery + in which they joke about ''do you remember straight people.'' ''yeah they had a nice run''
Its not very popular and the director has accused people of being homophobes if they don't watch it

Try and stomach the trailor. Its funny though looking at the comments on the video. I think the LBGTKKDJFKDDK!"1 spell is dying. Even gay people hate it

1666306072561.png1666306081521.png

She hulk. No idea if someones pointed this one out. It tells women and girls to be promiscuous, Drink excessively, hate your parents even when tehy are good people, and that the only way for women to get anywhere is to be a diversity hire. But mostly the ending teaches girls and women that they should not be responsible for their actions, that committing crimes s ok if you are a woman. But the opposite for men

free2018

Star
I do not understand why every single show must have a sodomite or a Gomorrahite. Especially when it has nothing to do with the show.

And once again I am watching a show with a minor that has magically turned homosexual.

^I meant I am tired of this…

Call the midwife is on the woke bandwagon now. A show based in the 1950s-60s has a doctor who is pro gay and now we have the racism storyline in the new season. Lecturing the evil whites on racism

AlcyoneSong

Established
Willow:
  • Horrible casting and script
  • Weak characters reliance on nostalgia and tokenism
  • Forced awkward lesbian pairing
  • Cringy lines
Poor motivations possibly due to bad acting or horrible script

Netflix: Dead End: Paranormal Park

Quite a few but one in particular could be a good article here as it has a lot to unpack.
The main protagonist is an older teenage trans girl to boy who is gay. They are old enough to get a job but struggles to keep one. He is coded with the customary blue hair and earring in left ear. He doesn’t behave like a campy gay but struggles with his self-esteem and trauma from his grandmother who is portrayed as a “religious zealot” because she wants him to dress like a girl. He gets a job at a theme park based around a Marylin Monroe type character Pauline Phoenix voiced by “Miss Coco Peru” a drag Queen YouTube personality out of LA?
The first episode covers the main character leaving home and running away to live in the haunted mansion of the theme park, where they meet a demon as the mansion happens to have a portal to hell. A satanic ritual goes wrong and the main characters pug (because what the hell) is possessed by a demon king. While the show has a N7 rating, it pushes the boundaries with the content from promoting a passive attitude toward demonic activity normalizing ritual and gender fluidity to selfish attitudes disguised as “personal truth”. A good lie always has some truth to it. The thing that has me conflicted is the characature of the parents and family dynamic. It is a cleverly constructed view that puts the protagonist as the “victim” removing any shred of personal responsibility and agency to defend his choice. While a dialogue happens near the end, it is only due to the trauma his baby brother endures being chased and terrorized by a demonic entity. In other words sacrificed.
I watched the first season but I’m not sure about season two. It’s more of the same. However, the show has gotten quite a bit of recognition for its agenda and story.
There is more to unpack here and I’m typing this on a phone so… I am going to leave it here.

The Witcher: Blood Origin

Cringey woke garbage show since Cavill is gone.
Even the critics gave it a 35% on Rotten Tomatoes with 9% from the audience.

"Diverse strong female" lead: Checked
White men portrayed as dumb: Checked
Utter shit writing: Checked

The start of the first episode was filmed UPSIDE DOWN. How effing stupid is this. Then some character says "fuckity fuckity fuckity..." like he just discovered the word fuck.

This one is going to get cancelled as well and the showrunners will scream racism and misogyny again.

sandonthebeach

Established
The Witcher: Blood Origin

Cringey woke garbage show since Cavill is gone.
Even the critics gave it a 35% on Rotten Tomatoes with 9% from the audience.

"Diverse strong female" lead: Checked
White men portrayed as dumb: Checked
Utter shit writing: Checked

The start of the first episode was filmed UPSIDE DOWN. How effing stupid is this. Then some character says "fuckity fuckity fuckity..." like he just discovered the word fuck.

This one is going to get cancelled as well and the showrunners will scream racism and misogyny again.
At this point, it's obvious they're not doing these sort of garbage for money.
Stop watching TV or any streaming media channels, they're full of rubbish.

free2018

Star
Once again with one season almost finished with Alice in Borderland, they need to “ add insult to injury” and add a tranny subplot no one asked for.

They added an obvious tranny to a show already full of hidden trannies.

Simka

Established
Once again with one season almost finished with Alice in Borderland, they need to “ add insult to injury” and add a tranny subplot no one asked for.

They added an obvious tranny to a show already full of hidden trannies.
I finally started watching this series (I thought I'd never find a guide to pair my remote, but I was lucky to find it on this site). I'm only on the 3rd episode, so I can't say for sure about the whole season, but I find this TV show to be pretty intense. I read that some people liked it more than Squid Game.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
ok, so i got through quite a bit of series this winter/early spring.

heres the rundown:

the old man: 4. borefest.
UK line of duty: 8.5. very good police drama! towards the end of the series, it got a little woke, but overall, i give it my recommendation.
severance (season 1): 9.3. HIGHLY recommended. yes, there is a touch of gay stuff in it, but the show does not dwell or focus on it.

from (S1): 7.3. not woke. just not very exciting.
the bear: 5. its diverse, but not woke, and the diversity is fitting. however, the show goes nowhere.
under the dome: episodes 1-3: 7.5. after: 3. typical stephen king style: starts off with a great premise and then falls completely flat on its face. early wokeness as a girl is in town with her two mothers, but then that story thread ends.
siberia: 3.5. not woke. just ridiculous.
booth at the end: 5.5. not woke. very anticlimatic.
dark sky: 6.5. woke. episode 1 starts out very good then the show drags along.
american rust: 7.2. lots of homosexual junk in it thats totally unneccessary, BUT... the story keeps the viewer interested despite this.
under the banner of heaven: no idea. i was stoned each night i watched this series and had no clue at all what was going on. i might as well have watched a david lynch film. something about mormons and its 100% NOT woke.
slow horses: episode 1 was so repulsive to me that i turned it off. within the first 20 min or so, they were talking about these "far right extremists" and how one guy was evil because he wanted to keep england english. dont even bother unless you can get past that.
24: 7.0 old series. wasnt really bad, but nothing too exciting, either. predictive programming mixed in, with a black president (before obama) and a virus being spread. woke? id say no.
barry: 7.8. this show was written with my sense of humor-- you know, that half-stupid, half-silly style. entertaining and clever, definitely, but i didnt care for the ending.
tokyo vice: 7.8. great drama set in japan. very enjoyable but make sure you get it with english subs.
the killing: 8.6. recommended. i liked this one a lot-- the characters are very well cast, and the viewer really cares about linden and her partner. excellent job with this police show.
unbelievable: 6.2. woke. girl gets raped but flip flops her story several times so the police dont believe her, but theyre men... blah blah blah... skip this.
vice principals: 7.6. that danny mcbride guy from eastbound and out is the lead in this-- matter of fact, its just like that series. amusing and non-woke. but not outstanding.
virtues (4 parter, irish) 8.5. recommended. brillant acting in this drama.
chance (2 seasons): 7.2. not woke. its OK. nothing fab.
homestead rescue (S1): 7.4. this is a reality type off the grid show. im convinced it is fake because off gridders couldnt be this stupid. examples: family moves to the nevada desert onto land with no source of water.... another family living in cold, rural pennsylvania in what appears to be a shed with zero insulation and the father has to burn many loads of wood per day to keep them warm (and they have no garden or livestock).... however, i liked seeing how these people (fake OR real) were trying to make it. id go for S2 just to satisfy my curiosity.
essex serpent: 6. wow, claire danes got old! (made me wonder if people who havent seen me in years think the same thing...) weak story, but that late 19th century english setting appeals to me, so the score was buoyed up. the show needed a lot more serpent.

polymoog

Superstar
Little Mermaid Sinking at International Box Office

6 minutes.

the chinese arent feeling this movie. at all.

GREAT line in the article: "the controversy surrounding disneys forced inclusion of minorities in classic film is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy."

peridot

Established
Little Mermaid Sinking at International Box Office

6 minutes.

the chinese arent feeling this movie. at all.

GREAT line in the article: "the controversy surrounding disneys forced inclusion of minorities in classic film is not about racism, but its lazy and irresponsible storytelling strategy."

Thanks for mentioned this, @polymoog -- saved me the trouble.

Every since this new little mermaid movie was public knowledge, I have had to re-evaluate my stance on this.
The fact that I'm doing here should already lead you to where I'm going with this:
kinda feels like a psy-op
and a testing of the masses

peridot

Established
When I first heard about this, my initial response was: why change everything endearing about the first one?"
Then it finally hit me: "WHICH first one?"

peridot

Established
One of the reason I began reading fairy tales is because I saw movies or cartoons about the, and Disney was one of the most well known media groups that did fairy tales. But I quickly realized that Disney significantly changed the stories of almost EVERY fairy tale it made, some times making the original almost unrecognizable.

One of the topics in the forums is about the Mandela Effect. But in this case, this has been Disney's bread and butter for years without any extras.

While Disney is probably the best known for this, all of these fairy tales often have multiple versions by myriads of authors or publishers. So when you complain that you didn't like X's version of fairy tale Y, it really become a matter of finding a version you DO like because there is probably at least 10 different ones out there, somewhere. Or do what these authors did: write your own.