Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) through fresh eyes

Karlysymon

Superstar
I've been thinking about this topic lately but from a different angle. So instead of me starting a new thread,which was my intent, i'll just put my thoughts here.

Ofcourse, the big talk nowadays revolves around vaxxed zombies/people losing their freewill and becoming automatons....controlled by a puppet master from a distance. So i've been wondering about the spiritual implications the loss of freewill/cognitive impairement.
I remember arguing with someone on here who said that freewill is a problem and God somehow made a mistake in giving it to us and i responded by saying that people complain all the time about freewill but i don't see them getting in line to relinquish it. Well, the day of reckoning has arrived.

So let's imagine for a moment that all this (vaccine rollout) is happening while Moses is around and Israelites are wandering around in the desert. What would it all mean for the sanctuary service especially the Day of Atonement? A person who has lost their freewill subsequently has lost their ability to tell right from wrong. It become legally impossible to sin (willfull disobedience). So everything described in Leviticus 16 would become meaningless: Aaron's office as the High Priest, the cleansing of the Sanctuary (vs 16), the scapegoat on whom the sins are transferred (vs 21-22) etc.

So, if it is true that TPTB have embarked on a project to rid man of his freewill, his ability to recognize and commune with his Creator, then iam afraid that it is something that Heaven will have to respond to. I don't see how Christ, as our High Priest, can continue His office when the people He lives to intercede for cannot sin....in the truest sense of the word. I know we all want to hope for brighter & better days ahead and for "normal" to return but Christ, like Aaron, has to cease His intercession at some point.

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us has entered on our behalf. He has become a High Priest forever in the order of Melchizedek." Hebrews 6:19-20

"God, seated on His throne to judge the world, at the same time Judge, Pleader, Expert, and Witness, openeth the Book of Records; it is read, even man's signature [name] being found therein. The great trumpet is sounded; a still small voice is heard; angels shudder, saying, this is the day of judgment. . . .On the Day of Atonement, it is sealed who shall live and who shall die."—"The Day of Atonement," [The Jewish Encyclopedia.]

Some prayers uttered on the Day of Atonement read like this:

"Justify me in the judgment. . . .O silence the accuser, and suffer the advocate to take his place . .. and in consequence of his pleading, declare, I have pardoned. . . . O blot out the transgression of the people that have been saved. . . . He, the Ancient of Days, sits as Judge.... In the book of life . . . may we be sealed by Thee."

Lyfe

Star
Well,

Biblically speaking,

Free will to choose between doing good and evil doesnt exist as man is a slave to sin by his very nature. I believe man can turn to Christ and receive the gift of salvation, but only when the holy spirit is present to illuminate a person to their sinful condition and need for repentance. Jesus said he will send the comforter(the holy spirit) to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

I cant speak to any degree of mental impairment that would hinder proper understanding the gospel, but we see in the scriptures that natural man wasnt even able to understand the gospel apart from a work of the holy spirit anyways. It will be the same holy spirit that will work in the heart and mind of those who would otherwise struggle to understand. I really dont have an answer beyond that other than God helps people that are otherwise unable.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Well,

Biblically speaking,

Free will to choose between doing good and evil doesnt exist as man is a slave to sin by his very nature. I believe man can turn to Christ and receive the gift of salvation, but only when the holy spirit is present to illuminate a person to their sinful condition and need for repentance. Jesus said he will send the comforter(the holy spirit) to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

I cant speak to any degree of mental impairment that would hinder proper understanding the gospel, but we see in the scriptures that natural man wasnt even able to understand the gospel apart from a work of the holy spirit anyways. It will be the same holy spirit that will work in the heart and mind of those who would otherwise struggle to understand. I really dont have an answer beyond that other than God helps people that are otherwise unable.
My understanding is that while Man is born with an inclination for evil (like a child whose mother drank throughout the pregnancy is born with an inclination for intoxicants), he retains freewill. All intelligent beings have freewill. Intelligence & freewill are two sides of the same coin…you can’t have one without the other.

Now, if powerful forces pharmacologically move upon the rest of the population to deprive it of freewill and independent thought, that has huge implications for the criminal-justice system. The relevance of courts, laws, prisons, even the law profession itself, comes into question. If you are incapacitated to the point where you can’t rebel against any authorities, then technically you can’t commit a crime against your neighbor and by extension you cannot commit a crime (sin) against God. The latter will then have reverberations through the heavenly court system (if I can call it that)…of which the Day of Atonement is pivotal.
1632135246305.png
“As I looked,

Thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took His seat. His clothing was a white as snow; the hair of His head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire and its wheels were all ablaze. A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before Him. Thousands upon thousands attended Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated and the books were opened.Daniel 7:9-10

“Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high…...on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend”
Job 16:19-21

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
My understanding is that while Man is born with an inclination for evil (like a child whose mother drank throughout the pregnancy is born with an inclination for intoxicants), he retains freewill. All intelligent beings have freewill. Intelligence & freewill are two sides of the same coin…you can’t have one without the other.

Now, if powerful forces pharmacologically move upon the rest of the population to deprive it of freewill and independent thought, that has huge implications for the criminal-justice system. The relevance of courts, laws, prisons, even the law profession itself, comes into question. If you are incapacitated to the point where you can’t rebel against any authorities, then technically you can’t commit a crime against your neighbor and by extension you cannot commit a crime (sin) against God. The latter will then have reverberations through the heavenly court system (if I can call it that)…of which the Day of Atonement is pivotal.
“As I looked,

Thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took His seat. His clothing was a white as snow; the hair of His head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire and its wheels were all ablaze. A river of fire was flowing, coming out from before Him. Thousands upon thousands attended Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. The court was seated and the books were opened.Daniel 7:9-10

“Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high…...on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend”
Job 16:19-21
Thats the unfortunate reality with us finite beings. We are given a time to repent and then one day that oppurtunity is no longer there. These people had a chance to hear the gospel and an oppurtunity to react to it at some point and time with their free will. It is sad their free will could possibly be taken away by a debilitating injury, but its no diff then when someone loses their free will or ability to repent at the moment of death. At some point we all lose free will to accept Christ. Idk how God will judge acts where no free will is involved, but it wont stop him from judging that persons actions before they lost their free will. We will be without excuse. We all need to repent and turn to the living Christ while today is still today and while we have the free will to do so, because tommorow our free will may be taken away. Unless these people become instantaneously brain dead its probable they will be able to discern the rapid decline in their health and hopefully the awareness of their dwindling mortality leads them to repent when it still counts.

YokeFellow

Established
Yes.

The Scapegoat represents those that will Reincarnate.

The sins of their past lives are placed on their heads to reap what they sowed. Like Karma.

Thus, the Reincarnated are the 'Scapegoats' paying the price for the crimes someone else committed... except that someone was them.

Judgement Day is all about tallying up the crimes of the Unsaved in order to hand out the proper sentence for the Scapegoat.