“The Bible was purposely edited and written to conform to the prophecy.”

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think that before any claims of cruelty and injustice be attributed to God, validation of the very text used to condemn Him should be assessed. Thanks to @Camidria who introduced me to this particular video that shined a light on exactly where the bible comes from as well as some rather interesting coding structures that I personally think are far too complex to have been constructed by man (not to mention the exponentially insignificant chances of a far smaller number of these phenomena being present in the original autographs), particularly in those times. The full video is brilliant but for those who want a brief summary skip ahead to around 2:01:14.
Chuck Missler was so intelligent! I have got a tremendous amount from his teaching over the years and I would second your recommendation of that video. If the OP is a genuine question, what has the questioner got to lose by considering a response?

justjess

Superstar
Another question: if man really did manipulate the bible for their own gain and tailored prophecy to suit an agenda . . . Then why do the prophecies result in the ultimate destruction of earthly kingdoms belonging to the very power players suspected to have put these propechies there in the first place?
Obedience control and complacency. If the Bible assures you that god will take care of it himself then you have no reason to rise up personally.

justjess

Superstar
There’s no “magical change” option. It’s historical fact that the early church picked and chose which books to include in official cannon - and left out many other possibilities as well as literally burying/burning many others.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There’s no “magical change” option. It’s historical fact that the early church picked and chose which books to include in official cannon - and left out many other possibilities as well as literally burying/burning many others.
I don’t have an issue with this inasmuch as many gnostic texts were churned out along with those that would be later considered canonical. From my reading of apocryphal and gnostic style texts, their message is clearly qualitatively different from the ones that ended up in the 66.

If you look at this forum, it gives an echo of this. Many voices and accounts published together. Some contradictory, all expressed through various personalities, most claiming to be telling the truth yet logically not all could possibly be doing so.

justjess

Superstar
I don’t have an issue with this inasmuch as many gnostic texts were churned out along with those that would be later considered canonical. From my reading of apocryphal and gnostic style texts, their message is clearly qualitatively different from the ones that ended up in the 66.

If you look at this forum, it gives an echo of this. Many voices and accounts published together. Some contradictory, all expressed through various personalities, most claiming to be telling the truth yet logically not all could possibly be doing so.
Why do you trust that imperfect men chose the right books? Have you read the ones left out?

There are many subtly ways to shape discourse to serve your own desires and I don’t trust any man (or woman) to be above that natural human impulse.

Also @Red Sky at Morning i will say this, you keep i insinuating that you somehow know me or know something of me based on “forum history” and you do not. Whatever you think you know about me is based on a whole bunch of lies and rumors fed to you by someone you believe to be your sister in Christ who truly is not. You can’t trust what she says about me. And while I doubt you will ever chose to believe me on that it is the truth.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
If that was the case then why would they have worked against the book they claim to follow ("they" referring to those who made use of violent conversions and such to consolidate power). Why would the early RCC have employed the Dark Ages to ensure no one could read the bible and killed anyone who possessed an English copy (the Reformers were killed as well)? Surely there would've been no threat from a controlled political plot device?
Control the discourse, control the outcome. You are trusting the same church that committed these atrocities to have been honest and unbiased in what books they chose to include? How do you make that mental leap?

That Bible was read to people at church, they weren’t allowed to read but most couldnt anyway. And you are now speaking of the Protestant reformation which is something entirely different than the process of selecting the original bible. The Catholic church had a reason to try to suppress the reformation, to squash opposition and consolidate power. The very same motivations they had behind compiling the “official bible” to begin with.

You guys don’t trust men in one breath and then explicitly trust them in the next. It doesn’t make sense. The church was the equivalent of politicians in those days. We don’t trust politicians now do we?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Why do you trust that imperfect men chose the right books? Have you read the ones left out?

There are many subtly ways to shape discourse to serve your own desires and I don’t trust any man (or woman) to be above that natural human impulse.
I think that Christians over the years have also been indwelt with the Holy Spirit. There is peace, discernment and unity in that state.

Of course, individuals who claim to be Christians can seek to promote an interpretation but that same Spirit who we first began to hear at salvation gives us insight into the intentions of speakers and writers we encounter.

TokiEl

Superstar
Sprinkled throughout the Scriptures is the promise of the restoration of Israel.

After about 2000 years of wandering while withering away and a third of them burnt up over Europe... Israel is back.

Three or four times muslim nations tried to invade while the world watched.. but Israel still stands.

Defiant like a lion among pussycats.

Is the Hebrew Bible the same as Old Testament? The answer is no. It was adjusted to fit with Jesus being the messiah ( among other things ).

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Bible_interpolation

And the reason the church wouldn’t allow anyone to read it for so long is that people would see the contradictions and just how ridiculous it is.

@justjess is far from alone in being the only person to read it and have a change of heart, indeed reading it is probably the biggest reason not to believe it.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I think that Christians over the years have also been indwelt with the Holy Spirit. There is peace, discernment and unity in that state.

Of course, individuals who claim to be Christians can seek to promote an interpretation but that same Spirit who we first began to hear at salvation gives us insight into the intentions of speakers and writers we encounter.
It was a political process. I can’t trust that someone with something to gain honestly assembled things without being influenced by their own interests. You have emperors and bishops and church leaders who all had their own motivations to make the Bible read how it read and a society who at large could not even read and therefore had to trust that what they were told was accurate. Those are perfect conditions for tampering.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Is the Hebrew Bible the same as Old Testament? The answer is no. It was adjusted to fit with Jesus being the messiah ( among other things ).

And the reason the church wouldn’t allow anyone to read it for so long is that people would see the contradictions and just how ridiculous it is.

@justjess is far from alone in being the only person to read it and have a change of heart, indeed reading it is probably the biggest reason not to believe it.

One thing that usually escapes these discussions is that the message which critics infer may have been inserted on a micro level is also the same message that is contained on a macro one. No doctrine is dependant on one verse but is present in various places, both explicit, implicit and in types and shadows.

Of course, RationalWiki will not like this observation...

From a future prophetic understanding level, this talk demonstrates the principle of the broad “macro” brush that compliments the fine “micro (proposed interpolation)” details.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
The hebrew bible was translated into greek in the 3rd century bc. It's called the septuagint.

Judaism rejected Jesus and also after the crucifixion and resurrection judaism still rejected Jesus. Pride prejudice lovers of money and sons of satan won't nothing to do with Christ.