“Read this Next” - The Return of the gods

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have the ebook. Its very interesting and seems very real although I've always been skeptical of the author.
Most people I have met have feet of clay, but I do think there is something of the spirit of Elijah in what he says. Once you see it, you can’t “unsee” it either!

A Freeman

Superstar
Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Matthew 22:29-32
22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.
22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the "Dead", have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the "Dead", but of the Living.

Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you (your spirit-Beings - John 4:23-24) [are] children of the Most High.

John 10:34-36
10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, I said, Ye are gods?
10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the Word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken;
10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Revelation 12:7-9
12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (Lucifer); and the dragon fought and his angels,
12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out to the Earth, and his angels (all of us - Luke 9:55) were cast out with him (Matthew 25:41).

Maldarker

Star
Deuteronomy 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Matthew 22:29-32
22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.
22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the "Dead", have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the "Dead", but of the Living.

Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you (your spirit-Beings - John 4:23-24) [are] children of the Most High.

John 10:34-36
10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, I said, Ye are gods?
10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the Word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken;
10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Revelation 12:7-9
12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon (Lucifer); and the dragon fought and his angels,
12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out to the Earth, and his angels (all of us - Luke 9:55) were cast out with him (Matthew 25:41).
Whats your point other then we know you can copy and paste.

llleopard

Established
. Once you see it, you can’t “unsee” it either!
[/QUOQUOTE
just read the book. He doesn't reference well enough for me - compare Cahn's number of sources to something by Michael Heiser. Although it was an interesting read, I felt very unsatisfied. For instance, if pride, same sex attraction etc are all of Ashtoreth, what advice would he give to gay Christians? Felt like he plonked the ideas out there but didn't follow them through. And the same way people say 'the devil made me do it' to avoid acknowledging their own evil desires, how much of society's ills are simple sowing and reaping? I think he gives too much credit to the gods, when it's just mankind's evil.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
[/QUOQUOTE
just read the book. He doesn't reference well enough for me - compare Cahn's number of sources to something by Michael Heiser. Although it was an interesting read, I felt very unsatisfied. For instance, if pride, same sex attraction etc are all of Ashtoreth, what advice would he give to gay Christians? Felt like he plonked the ideas out there but didn't follow them through. And the same way people say 'the devil made me do it' to avoid acknowledging their own evil desires, how much of society's ills are simple sowing and reaping? I think he gives too much credit to the gods, when it's just mankind's evil.
A fair point - I think the lawyers favourite phrase “including but not limited to” applies to this context. There is indeed free will and the possibility of evil choices flowing from the heart out there. The example of Pharaoh comes to mind where he hardened his heart against God, then at a certain point, God hardened his heart (or strengthened his resolve). I don’t think “the gods” can override people’s free will and make them do anything, but I do think there are malevolent, undying spiritual forces who add power and a hardening to those who glory in the sins they embrace. I don’t think Jonathan’s book was written in the same way as Heissers material - it’s a discernment which readers will either resonate with or reject.

Literally the best book you will read this year! I actually listened to it on SCRIBD but I would say everyone in the world needs to hear this message. Not only is it prophetic by God, but it will wake people up to what is going on. The masses are under hypnosis and these spirits are controlling ppl left and right among other things. I pray the blood of Jesus Christ over anyone that is afflicted! May God protect you and your loved ones. Blessings to all!

llleopard

Established
A fair point - I think the lawyers favourite phrase “including but not limited to” applies to this context. There is indeed free will and the possibility of evil choices flowing from the heart out there. The example of Pharaoh comes to mind where he hardened his heart against God, then at a certain point, God hardened his heart (or strengthened his resolve). I don’t think “the gods” can override people’s free will and make them do anything, but I do think there are malevolent, undying spiritual forces who add power and a hardening to those who glory in the sins they embrace. I don’t think Jonathan’s book was written in the same way as Heissers material - it’s a discernment which readers will either resonate with or reject.
Fair! It's interesting too, to think about indigenous perspectives. Like in NZ, the polytheistic Maori religions were suppressed and legislated against. Maori are now reclaiming their language, traditional knowledge and religion. I wonder where this would fit with the Return of the Gods idea, thinking of the indigenous peoples of America. He's very America focused.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Fair! It's interesting too, to think about indigenous perspectives. Like in NZ, the polytheistic Maori religions were suppressed and legislated against. Maori are now reclaiming their language, traditional knowledge and religion. I wonder where this would fit with the Return of the Gods idea, thinking of the indigenous peoples of America. He's very America focused.
I found it interesting from my own reading how certain false “gods” echo through cultures and times. Their names change but their core characteristics remain very similar.

I wouldn’t have thought as much about it had I not noticed that the “bad guys” were also aware the same pattern…

Maldarker

Star
[/QUOQUOTE
Ever hear of seducing spirits and being given over to their lusts? Evil desires are what attracts so....

JoChris

Superstar
[/QUOQUOTE
I read it a while back. IMO it is a mixed bag. It is well written and he makes some good arguments in many places.
Understandably it was very US centric so I tried to make allowances for that.

Towards the end it felt repetitious and there were some over-the-top interpretations of end time signs here and there.
However I am familiar with all the feminist/ gay propaganda so a lot was very unsurprising to me.

You make a good point about Christians who are still struggling with LGBT+ related temptations and personal sin in general.