Beer

rainerann

Star
Tbh, I don't mind...let threads go where they're going to go. But I see your point, with the number of religious people on this board it probably is best to keep it somewhat contained.

Back on topic, Midas Touch is still available and there's a habanero sculpin that I'm drooling over.
I love habanero's and everything spicy. I will have to look for that one. I tried their Pineapple sculpin by Ballast Point the other day. It was good, but I wanted it to be a little sweeter and have the hint of pineapple you mentioned in the opening post. I will have to look for the brand. You have good taste.

Lurker

Star
I love habanero's and everything spicy. I will have to look for that one. I tried their Pineapple sculpin by Ballast Point the other day. It was good, but I wanted it to be a little sweeter and have the hint of pineapple you mentioned in the opening post. I will have to look for the brand. You have good taste.
Thank you.

floss

Star
Up The Creek is a hoppy behemoth of a beer with its 12.5% ABV well hidden under heavy layers of malt. The hops come through powerfully in the mouth, with rich roasted malt, sweet caramel, and a burst of vinous fruit. The finish is malty sweet and fruity, while the hops dissipate. Use caution or you’ll be Up The Creek!

Style: Imperial IPA
Color: Red Mahogany
Malts: 2 Row Pale, Caramel 20, Special B, Caramel 120
Hops: Warrior, Nugget, Amarillo, Willamette
ABV: 12.5% IBU: 143 Original Gravity: 26.80° Plato

williejonesjr

Veteran
I've drank spilled beer before. Bud, Bud Light. I like both. Ice got into some epic rights with my brother after lapping up that beer. He threw me plum off the front of the couch once! Yep. Sure did. He kicked all the pillows off the couch, arranged them on the floor & it was on!

Good times. Good times.

Venus

Rookie
Back on topic, Midas Touch is still available and there's a habanero sculpin that I'm drooling over.
Midas touch is great! I'm not into spicy drinks, or fruity beers.

Up The Creek is a hoppy behemoth of a beer with its 12.5% ABV well hidden under heavy layers of malt. The hops come through powerfully in the mouth, with rich roasted malt, sweet caramel, and a burst of vinous fruit. The finish is malty sweet and fruity, while the hops dissipate. Use caution or you’ll be Up The Creek!
That sounds like an interesting beer, dark sweet malty beers are nice in winter.

The strongest beer I have ever had is Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA is something between 15-20 AVB, good stuff but more than one and those 120 minutes can become dangerous :eek:

TC1968

Established
I may be the odd one here but I love craft beers and cheapo beers equally.
I love some of the beers from Narrows Brewing, American Brewing, and Red Hook. Oregon has Full Sail that brews the Session beers (kind of an inbetween craft and lawnmower beer). I'm partial to amber and dark ales, of course I love my stouts.

I still like my cheapos too, even though in most cases they are priced 20 cents less than most craft beers due to state taxes here in WA St. When it starts getting in the high 60s and early 70s I can't drink craft beers so I start grabbing Hamms, PBR, Moosehead, Oly, and Rainier. Around mid October when its cold and wet I start hitting the ales and stouts again.

Lurker

Star
lawnmower beer
Ha!
Hamms, PBR, Moosehead, Oly, and Rainier
I like Moosehead. You can keep the Hamms and PBR. I've heard of/seen Oly and Rainier (never tried them).

I tried Dragon's Milk from New Holland Brewing the other day. It's a bourbon barrel-aged stout. 11% ABV. Dark, as a stout should be. Smooth and not heavy at all. Can taste the bourbon with notes of vanilla. I enjoyed it and will save the last bottle for a cold night.

TC1968

Established
Ha!

I like Moosehead. You can keep the Hamms and PBR. I've heard of/seen Oly and Rainier (never tried them).

I tried Dragon's Milk from New Holland Brewing the other day. It's a bourbon barrel-aged stout. 11% ABV. Dark, as a stout should be. Smooth and not heavy at all. Can taste the bourbon with notes of vanilla. I enjoyed it and will save the last bottle for a cold night.
Rainier and Oly are poundable but nothing special. When they were brewed here in Washington State they tasted much better.
Moosehead is a great underrated beer that seems to be making a bit of a comeback as of late