Beer

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man.
Last time i checked, wine isn't something natural. It's fabricated through fermentation. Try weed if you want a better alternative. God Knows Best though. I ain't advocating weed. It's just a better option imo if you have to choose between alcohol and it. Either way, nothing can even give you gladness of heart except God.

Those who believe, their hearts being at rest in God's remembrance -- in God's remembrance are at rest the hearts. Qur'an Chapter 13, Verse 28

Thunderian

Superstar
Last time i checked, wine isn't something natural. It's fabricated through fermentation. Try weed if you want a better alternative. God Knows Best though. I ain't advocating weed. It's just a better option imo if you have to choose between alcohol and it. Either way, nothing can even give you gladness of heart except God.

Those who believe, their hearts being at rest in God's remembrance -- in God's remembrance are at rest the hearts. Qur'an Chapter 13, Verse 28
Fermentation is a natural process.

Aren't Muslims promised wine in Heaven? Why is it OK there but not here on earth?

Fermentation is a natural process.

Aren't Muslims promised wine in Heaven? Why is it OK there but not here on earth?
Simply because here you have to abide by rules.

We can't see God but we have to believe in Him.

It's tempting to sin, but it's actually more rewarding to abstain from it. The rewards for not sinning is another matter and will be enjoyed in Heaven.

The negative effects of alcohol are more than its positive effects.

They will question thee concerning wine, and arrow-shuffling. Say: 'In both is heinous sin; and uses for men, but the sin in them is more heinous than the usefulness.' They will question thee concerning what they should expend. Say: 'The abundance.' So God makes clear His signs to you; haply you will reflect; Qur'an Chapter 2 Verse 219

These scenes from the Breaking Bad series clearly demonstrates how alcohol unleashes the worst traits out of men, that is, ingratitude, anger, selfishness, pride, arrogance, to say the least minus the health issues as shown in the second video. Sorry for the bad quality of the first video. Enjoy nonetheless!

TMT

Star
Now a days I just drink Miller High Life by the case, used to mess around with different craft brews but I got bored with it, and it felt pretentious after a while.

Thunderian

Superstar
Simply because here you have to abide by rules.

We can't see God but we have to believe in Him.

It's tempting to sin, but it's actually more rewarding to abstain from it. The rewards for not sinning is another matter and will be enjoyed in Heaven.
Drinking alcohol is not a sin.

The negative effects of alcohol are more than its positive effects.
Alcohol abuse can leave a lot of wreckage, it's true. That's why the Bible warns against drunkenness.

These scenes from the Breaking Bad series clearly demonstrates how alcohol unleashes the worst traits out of men, that is, ingratitude, anger, selfishness, pride, arrogance, to say the least minus the health issues as shown in the second video. Sorry for the bad quality of the first video. Enjoy nonetheless!
For every drunken jackass there are a thousand people enjoying alcohol like responsible adults. Just because Muslims can't hold their booze doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer, does it? ;)

Drinking alcohol is not a sin.

Alcohol abuse can leave a lot of wreckage, it's true. That's why the Bible warns against drunkenness.

For every drunken jackass there are a thousand people enjoying alcohol like responsible adults. Just because Muslims can't hold their booze doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer, does it? ;)
Says who that it's not a sin but you?

You said it yourself that alcohol abuse can leave a lot of wreckage. Imo, that alone should deter anybody from its consumption if one really cares for anybody. I mean, we didn't ask to be given the bodies we've been given so why do we take it for granted and why do we assume that we have a right to anything without there being consequences when moreover you're being cautioned against it?

Let me also tell you where you're wrong from a spiritual point of view. You're saying Muslims can't hold their booze, right? But really who can?

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." Mark 10: 18

If Jesus is saying that he himself is not good and that only God Is Good, can you even conceive of him saying that he can hold his booze, nevermind the obvious fact that he wouldn't even ever touch alcohol?

Nobody can do anything unless God Wills him to. That's the essence of that saying of Jesus. Nobody can even exist, unless God Wills him to. That being said, can anybody ever boast? Like really, can i ever say that i am better than you? How can i be better than anything when i cannot even exist on my own?

True World Order

Established
I have no idea what most of these drinks you guys are talking about are, I have drank Corona which was mentioned on the first page, that's a good smooth Mexican beer. Most people around here drink Stella...

Beer isn't all that great, it makes you feel bloated and need a piss all the time (which is why I think it is called "getting pissed"). A few swigs on some whiskey or rum gives you the nice warm buzz you are after a lot faster. A few Prophets drank wine and my favourite alcoholic drink is mead, one of the oldest drinks going. Wine made from honey, I have no doubt there is a river of mead in heaven.

Thunderian said:
Just because Muslims can't hold their booze doesn't mean the rest of us have to suffer, does it? ;)
LOL that was pretty funny.

As for whether it is a sin or not, there are worse sins but alcohol can definitely open the door to sinful and stupid behaviour, most people lean towards drinking being a bad thing for this reason. Muhammad (pbuh) hated the devil's sauce and never drank a drop in his life. The wine in heaven doesn't even get you drunk, apparently.

Prohibition never works, whether the authority is earthy or heavenly. I don't understand why Allah tells us there is any benefit at all if he doesn't want us to do it so badly. I also don't understand why there is so much suffering in the world (which kind of makes the booze feel necessary sometimes) as well as music and alcohol if God supposedly hates these things so much...

Clearly, he wants these things to exist otherwise they wouldn't.

Thunderian

Superstar
Says who that it's not a sin but you?

You said it yourself that alcohol abuse can leave a lot of wreckage. Imo, that alone should deter anybody from its consumption if one really cares for anybody. I mean, we didn't ask to be given the bodies we've been given so why do we take it for granted and why do we assume that we have a right to anything without there being consequences when moreover you're being cautioned against it?
I am not assuming anything. Yes, the Bible cautions against drunkenness, but does not forbid alcohol. I already quoted a verse from Psalms that praises God for wine that makes our hearts glad, and there are numerous other instances where alcohol is mentioned in a way that is not negative. Forbidding alcohol is not one of the laws that God ever made. It's a purely Islamic restriction.

Let me also tell you where you're wrong from a spiritual point of view. You're saying Muslims can't hold their booze, right? But really who can?
I was making a joke.

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone." Mark 10: 18

If Jesus is saying that he himself is not good and that only God Is Good, can you even conceive of him saying that he can hold his booze, nevermind the obvious fact that he wouldn't even ever touch alcohol?
Now you're making a joke. Jesus is not saying he isn't good. He is saying that he is God. This is just another example of a verse that is misunderstood by people who don't know the Bible. If Jesus was saying he isn't good, why did he refer to himself as the Good Shepherd? And if he wouldn't even ever touch alcohol, why was his first act after getting baptized the making of a big batch of wine? How do you explain his drinking of wine at the last supper?

Clearly, he wants these things to exist otherwise they wouldn't.
Of course, yet they also do exist since He Knows the temptation will, at start, be difficult to overcome but the spiritual benefits of abstention from them will outweigh the material benefits by far.

I don't understand why Allah tells us there is any benefit at all if he doesn't want us to do it so badly.
The Qur'an is universal and is easy for everybody to understand. The message is clear and simple. We can't go around judging every person consuming alcohol and condemn them straight away. There's room to be made for understanding our brothers in humanity. Alcohol can also be used as a medicine in some cases so that also strengthens the case concerning the Universality of The Qur'an.

Now you're making a joke. Jesus is not saying he isn't good. He is saying that he is God. This is just another example of a verse that is misunderstood by people who don't know the Bible. If Jesus was saying he isn't good, why did he refer to himself as the Good Shepherd? And if he wouldn't even ever touch alcohol, why was his first act after getting baptized the making of a big batch of wine? How do you explain his drinking of wine at the last supper?
I think the message is pretty straightforward. If Jesus is saying that only God is good, i think it pretty much means how any layman would understand it at first read. Only God Is Good. Jesus, being born of a virgin, only makes him special but that certainly does not make him God Almighty. Adam was Created without any male or female intervention and you don't deify him for that now, do you?

I think that verse of the Bible is actually very easy to understand and i don't get why you people deify Jesus when it is pretty clear that whatever takes birth cannot be other than the same as you and me, mere mortals and therefore, not God Almighty. Other than your text, i doubt you have any other proof concerning his making a big batch of wine after getting baptized. Please don't base your arguments off customs and traditions that you've come to associate with your faith. It's quite baseless and illogical.

God Is One. Only God Is Good. Only God Existed. Every other thing cannot be anything except If He Wills. The screen cannot be radiating light only if The Light Permits it to, God Being The Light, The Source of every light that Extinguishes every kind of darkness. The earth isn't solid on its own. Granted it's its natural state of matter but it's also true that If God Wills, the earth can instantly become liquid.

Likewise, water cannot drown any particle of matter heavier than its elements on its own. If God Wills, water can become solid and you can be enabled to walk on it. It's all a question of consciousness and awareness concerning all that's around us being God-Dependent. Again, that's the essence of Jesus saying that Only God Is Good. Nothing existed. Only God Existed. God Created everything. He Ascribes any attribute to any thing He Wills. If He Wills, fire can become as cool as snow and still be fire in appearance. That's the sacred wording. There's no god but God. Nothing can be any thing except if God Wills.

Last edited:

True World Order

Established
Why did Jesus call himself the Good Shepherd if that verse means what you say it does?
Context, my friend.

When Jesus (pbuh) calls himself the good shepherd, it is in reference to the lost sheep of Israel whom he was sent to guide back to the path. We all know how that turned out, so perhaps he would say "why do you call me good?"

Why did Jesus call himself the Good Shepherd if that verse means what you say it does?
A shepherd guides his sheep, doesn't he? And a guide isn't anything but good by God's Will too, isn't he? It's pretty much understandable for anybody who believes in God that every thing is dependent on God at each and every second for whatever qualities or attributes they may have, whether these be attributes of existential quality, material quality, and/or spiritual quality.

I believe mention had to be made concerning that particular episode when Jesus had to mention that only God Is Good since he could clearly perceive that person to be believing that Jesus is good on his own. It's out of humility that even for Muslims, it's actually a sin to enjoy praise since they all say Alhamdulillah, meaning All Praises and Thanks are in reality due to Allah, reason being simply that nothing ever existed to begin with. So what right does anybody really have to be enjoying any praise of any form without giving credit to The One Responsible for it all to begin with? The One Responsible for every atom of oxygen that we are all taking for granted, let alone mere existence itself.

Tatilina

Star
Shouldn't religion be kept in the religion section? You should it move it there where Thunderian has made a thread instead of spamming this one. Just saying!