Bible verses contrasted with false teacher/s' doctrines

Jesus ascended into heaven and will return by descending from heaven. Not being born in a body as innumerable deceivers have claimed including Anthony John Hill

"9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and ua cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two women stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” acts 1

JoChris

Superstar
This issue is a good litmus test for if the teacher actually believes the bible. If they cannot believe God can perform incredible miracles such as how Jesus did come to be born, then they will dismiss anything they do not find plausible to them.

Whole passage: Luke 1:26-38

1675200618615.png

The miraculous account of Mary's impregnation via the Holy Spirit should be readily believed by all who believe in an all-powerful God. If He created the universe out of nothing, He certainly could do this!

Amazingly some false teachers over the centuries have tried to dismiss the important account completely and created their own theories.
Ebion and Cerinthius both "argued that God adopted Jesus at his baptism, thus rejecting his preexistence and virginal conception. " https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/essay/christological-controversies-in-the-early-church/

The Church of the Latter Day Saints claimed God the Father actually had sex with Mary!!!
"...
Second President, and Prophet of LDS Church, Brigham Young:

When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, the Father had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by the Holy Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family; and when he took a tabernacle [body], it was begotten by his Father in heaven, after the same manner as the tabernacles of Cain, Abel and the rest of the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve. . . . (Journal of Discourses [hereafter, JD], 1:50; emphasis added).

Liberal scholars in more recent times have cast serious doubt on the virgin birth. The average Christian hears very little about the Jesus Seminar, but its influence on academia was huge. Christianity Today (1994) - Virgin Birth under dispute

JoChris

Superstar
Jesus ascended into heaven and will return by descending from heaven. Not being born in a body as innumerable deceivers have claimed including Anthony John Hill

"9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and ua cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two women stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.” acts 1

A true Christian teacher will never claim Jesus came secretly e.g. via reincarnation and born in Sussex UK, 1948.

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
If you're asking if JAH obeys ALL of God's Commandments, then the answer is YES.
Jah IS God... tbh, I'm baffled by this statement.

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name:​
cast up a highway for him that rideth​
through the deserts; his name is JAH;​
and exult ye before him.​
Ps. 68:4

Who is JAH to you?
Sadly, humans (who are incapable of understanding anything spiritual) interpret the verse above as yet another excuse to break The Law, claiming that no one is capable of keeping The Law, which is obviously a LIE (Matt. 5:17-20, 5:48, 19:26) resulting from a total lack of faith.
:)
No sarcasm or offense intended... perhaps you were just typing too quickly to notice the wording above-- but you do consider yourself human, correct?

One more question-- you cited Matthew 5:17:

Do not think that I have come to abolish​
the Law or the Prophets; I have not come​
to abolish them but to fulfill them.​

What does it mean to you that Jesus fulfilled
the Law
..?

TokiEl

Superstar
What does it mean to you that Jesus fulfilled
the Law
..?
This is such an important question so it is best the shepherde answers.

When we read the next verse we see Jesus state that until heaven and earth pass away... not a jot nor a tittle will by no means pass from the law until all is fulfilled. Then He urges us to be more righteous than the scribes and pharisees by surpassing the letter of the law. For example do not even be angry with our brother without a cause and do not even look at a woman with lust concerning adultery etc etc.

So Christ urges christians to not only obey His commandments externally but even internally.

Elsbet's Ire

Rookie
This is such an important question so it is best the shepherde answers.

When we read the next verse we see Jesus state that until heaven and earth pass away... not a jot nor a tittle will by no means pass from the law until all is fulfilled. Then He urges us to be more righteous than the scribes and pharisees by surpassing the letter of the law. For example do not even be angry with our brother without a cause and do not even look at a woman with lust concerning adultery etc etc.

So Christ urges christians to not only obey His commandments externally but even internally.
Are ye the "shepherde," my friend? ☺

You and I go round (and around) on this point a few times per year-- typically (in the final analysis), I think we agree.

BUT... you didn't answer the question.

Just saying. : )

A Freeman

Superstar
And what does this summaries?
In summary, the cited passages state that anyone and everyone that has not been reborn as their true, spiritual self (born from above, from God), cannot see nor understand ANYTHING spiritual, and thus has INVERTED VISION, seeing everything upside down and backwards, through HUMAN eyes. If one cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth, which is inside them and all around them (Luke 17:21; Thom. 1:6), how can they possibly enter it?

If you would like a very simple example of how this works, look at what YOU are doing right now. All that was personally done to invoke your venomous attack was to cite two passages straight out of Scripture, for everyone's benefit, including your own. Instead of HUMBLY considering the passages, which are life and death serious, you allowed your ego/self (that both Christ and Paul plainly state MUST be crucified DAILY - Luke 9:23; Gal. 2:20) to launch yet another totally irrational personal attack.

A personal attack (ad hominem) is the weapon of choice for the ego, because it intentionally deflects attention from the subject matter and message being discussed to the messenger delivering it. It's among a lengthy list of logical fallacies routinely employed by the ego to prevent the truth from getting past it to the real you: the spirit-Being (Soul). Please feel free to look it up, and see and study for yourself why it is totally illogical.

Other then your using the scripture to give a false messiah meaning?
Because you are suffering from inverted vision, seeing things upside down and backwards, what your ego has conned you into believing is false is actually true, which means you are literally and foolishly attacking the TRUE Messiah/Christ and the TRUTH about His Second Coming.

Have you ever met JAH? No. Has JAH ever done anything to you personally? No. Have I, His Disciple done anything personally to you other than to share the truth with you in the hope that you awaken from your spiritual slumber before it's too late? No. And yet you and the other so-called "Christians" here -- who couldn't be less Christ-like -- cannot simply and rationally discuss what should be the most important and joyful subject in all of Christendom: the return of Christ right before Judgment Day, when ALL of us are due to be judge by Him (John 5:22). Instead, your minds are FILLED with hatred and arrogance, which invariably blinds you to the truth, even when it is right before your eyes.

This is quite simple to end How did CHRIST leave after HE resurrected? Answer would be from any follower of HIS is he ascended right?
Correct. Acts 1:9-11.

So with that nowhere does it say i'm coming as a reincarnate what ever that be from toast to this AJH guy, nor did it say he would be a what?
Except that it DOES tell us that just before Judgment Day, Christ will return in a NEW BODY (from Joseph-Ephraim - Gen. 49:10; 22-24), with a NEW NAME (Rev. 2:17; 3:12; 19:12), to explain the mystery of God to us (Rev. 10:7-10) exactly as Christ promised His Disciples he would do 2000 years ago (John 16:25).

Two dozen prophecies concerning Christ's Second Coming may be found at the following link for anyone who is interested in the truth about this subject:-

https://gibraltar-messenger.net/jahtruth/the-scriptural-marks-of-christ/

The LOGICAL way to approach the review of these prophecies, for anyone who genuinely loves and wishes to serve Christ, would be to study them thoroughly and objectively, and then (afterwards) see if they fit any specific individual, exactly as all of the prophecies very obviously fit The Messiah/Christ inside of Jesus 2000 years ago.

We are very plainly told that Christ's Second Coming will be like a thief in the night for most.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10 But The Day of The Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the Earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

A thief comes in the night, when it is dark and everyone is asleep, so that he can take whatever he wishes by surprise, undetected by those who are asleep. If Christ was coming again in the body of Jesus, there would be no need for a NEW NAME, would there?

So why would Christ's Second Coming be described that way and what would He be coming to gather and take? The Elect, i.e. those who haven't been duped by satanic organized religions (which Christ condemned along with their leaders) and who hear and recognize The Shepherd's Voice.

Christ will enlighten the "House of Israel", aka the Elect, during His Second Coming, right before Judgment Day, exactly as prophesied. And when will Christ then be seen by ALL of the tribes and kindred of the Earth? AFTER He sheds the body that He's currently using (Matt. 24:28) to show us plainly about the Father and is THEN seen coming in the "Clouds", with the heavenly host and with great glory, exactly as He departed in Acts 1:9-11.

Matthew 24:30-31
24:30 And then shall appear the Sign ("Star") of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall ALL the tribes of the Earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the "Clouds" of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels (Rev. 12:7) with a great sound of a trumpet (7th.), and they shall gather together his Elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with "Clouds"; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the Earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

A thief in the night is obviously NOT seen by everyone, and Christ MUST fulfill ALL of the prophecies about His Second Coming, so it should be self-evident that Christ WILL be here before Judgment Day to fulfill those prophecies describing where He will be and what He will be doing during the greatest oppression/tribulation this world has ever seen (which we are currently experiencing).

Therefore, IF you diligently search for and study the prophecies to find Christ -- again exactly as Christ instructed His Followers to do (John 5:39).

usurper? Come on really. Do you really think he would have to tell charles to come into a cave and give him the title of king HE IS THE KING OF KINGS already so no need.
As previously explained (and apparently ignored by you) Christ doesn't have to tell Charles anything, just as I don't have to explain all of these things to you, which will most likely fall on the spiritually deaf ears of most who frequent this section of the forum.

THE CROWN AND THRONE OF ISRAEL HAS ALREADY BEEN PROMISED TO CHRIST BY GOD HIMSELF (Ezek. 21:25-27; Luke 1:31-33), WHO ALWAYS SAYS WHAT HE MEANS AND MEANS WHAT HE SAYS.

It therefore should be self-evident that the fulfillment of this PROMISE/PROPHECY FROM GOD requires NOTHING from Charles. It is a final offer graciously being made to Charles for his benefit (should he choose to accept to help Christ rather than continue working against Him), and to awaken those who are still spiritually asleep (Dan. 12:1-2; Eph. 5:14).

Of course to those who are among the spiritually "dead" (Matt. 8:22), who are NOT written in the Book of Life (Rev. 13:8) because of their lack of faith (Luke 18:8), all of this will be seen upside down and backwards, as folly, through their human eyes.

HE already has it all its HIS creation back satans on borrowed time to show a point is all and to bring in the Fullness of HIS GRACE & MERCY.
If Christ already had the Crown and the Throne, then why would Father need to give it to Him? Agreed about Satan being on borrowed time, which is rapidly running out for all of us.

Again i will say not going to be a guy that gets arrested thats already been done 33ad look it up its history.
Christ will ALWAYS be hated and persecuted here in hell (planet Earth), because 99.99+% of this world's population has no love for the Truth.

John 3:19-21
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that Light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than Light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the Light, neither cometh to the Light, lest his deeds should be revealed.
3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the Light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 15:19-23
15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world HATETH you.
15:20 Remember the Truth that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they WILL also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not Him that sent me.
15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

So as Acsended HE will Descend (see what i did there same tact as you but this one matters) HE will return BOLDLY not meekly we are to be the meek ones not HIM. HE will come in HIS full glory. So did this anthony guy come in his full glory if not then would say this is a false messiah thats just one point want more.?
As above please. There would be no way for Christ to return as a thief in the night, i.e. meekly into this dark and evil world where virtually everyone hates Him AND be seen by everyone at the same time. When everyone sees Christ coming in the "Clouds" with great glory, immediately AFTER the body He is currently using dies, it will be too late for anyone to repent/do anything to change their fate, as Judgment Day will be upon us all.

This should be a VERY sobering thought to motivate anyone who is truly awake spiritually, to wisely use what little time we have left to get their own house in order, rather than pretend that they have a "get out of jail free card" to play after willfully refusing to stop their sinful/selfish/evil ways.

Peace be upon you.

A Freeman

Superstar
Its the whole of the lets make islam fit with christianity is just just well come on but a little late to the party actually...wasn't this a push about 25 years ago the chrislam movement?
Do you think God doesn't have as much compassion for the roughly 2 billion "Muslims" who have been deceived by their fanatical organized religion as He does for the roughly 2 billion "Christians" who have been deceived by their organized religion?

The Old Covenant was given to us so that we know the rules here and could learn both from The Law and from the historical example what we need to do and what happens (the blessings) when we do obey and when we don't obey God (the curses/punishments). Instead of learning from it, and keeping the Covenant, we invented an evil, organized religion so we could feel better about continuing our selfish, evil ways.

The New Covenant was given to us to remind us of our promise to do God's Will which begins with obeying His Law, and to soften our hard hearts after witnessing the suffering and sacrifice Christ made on our behalf because of our refusal to keep our Promise/Covenant with God. It was also meant to correct our errant ways and get rid of organized religion and government, which murdered Jesus. But instead of accepting correction and learning, we invented another evil, organized religion so we could feel better about continuing our selfish, evil ways.

The Koran/Quran was given to us to again correct the errant ways that Roman Catholicism was teaching and to return us back to the Bible Law and Gospel. But instead, we invented yet another evil, organized religion so we could feel better about continuing our selfish, evil ways, and further divide the world up by sect/cult/denomination, etc., to make it easier for Satan to control and conquer us.

"Chrislam", even though it begins to acknowledge Christ's central role in the Koran, cannot resolve the differences between the corporate fictional organized religions of "Christianity" and "Islam", and has become yet another organized religion.

What we NEED to do is to destroy ALL organized religion and learn to trust God (a show of Faith) by DOING what we have been COMMANDED to do for thousands of years for our own benefit, to protect us from evil and to set and keep us free from oppression.

The very reason that we are presently suffering from the greatest oppression/tribulation of all time, is precisely because we haven't kept God's Law, which would UNITE all of God's Children in the doing of His Will, bringing freedom, justice, peace, prosperity and the safety and security that only God can provide.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
As in:

Philippians 2:12-13“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.”

Perhaps the key question is “how does a person arrive at a position that God works in them?”

A Freeman

Superstar
As in:

Philippians 2:12-13“Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.”

Perhaps the key question is “how does a person arrive at a position that God works in them?”
It BEGINS with Keeping God's Law/Commandments, exactly as we are told consistently and repeatedly throughout Scripture. There is no other way to eradicate sin, to make our Temple fit for God to dwell in us.

John 14:15-24
14:15 If ye love me, KEEP my COMMANDments.
14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
14:17 [Even] the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I Live, ye shall live also.
14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
14:21 He that hath my COMMANDments, and KEEPETH them, HE it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
14:22 Jude saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will obey my words: and my Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
14:24 He that loveth me not obeyeth not my sayings: and the Truth which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Maldarker

Star
In summary, the cited passages state that anyone and everyone that has not been reborn as their true, spiritual self (born from above, from God), cannot see nor understand ANYTHING spiritual, and thus has INVERTED VISION, seeing everything upside down and backwards, through HUMAN eyes. If one cannot see the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth, which is inside them and all around them (Luke 17:21; Thom. 1:6), how can they possibly enter it?

If you would like a very simple example of how this works, look at what YOU are doing right now. All that was personally done to invoke your venomous attack was to cite two passages straight out of Scripture, for everyone's benefit, including your own. Instead of HUMBLY considering the passages, which are life and death serious, you allowed your ego/self (that both Christ and Paul plainly state MUST be crucified DAILY - Luke 9:23; Gal. 2:20) to launch yet another totally irrational personal attack.

A personal attack (ad hominem) is the weapon of choice for the ego, because it intentionally deflects attention from the subject matter and message being discussed to the messenger delivering it. It's among a lengthy list of logical fallacies routinely employed by the ego to prevent the truth from getting past it to the real you: the spirit-Being (Soul). Please feel free to look it up, and see and study for yourself why it is totally illogical.

Because you are suffering from inverted vision, seeing things upside down and backwards, what your ego has conned you into believing is false is actually true, which means you are literally and foolishly attacking the TRUE Messiah/Christ and the TRUTH about His Second Coming.

Have you ever met JAH? No. Has JAH ever done anything to you personally? No. Have I, His Disciple done anything personally to you other than to share the truth with you in the hope that you awaken from your spiritual slumber before it's too late? No. And yet you and the other so-called "Christians" here -- who couldn't be less Christ-like -- cannot simply and rationally discuss what should be the most important and joyful subject in all of Christendom: the return of Christ right before Judgment Day, when ALL of us are due to be judge by Him (John 5:22). Instead, your minds are FILLED with hatred and arrogance, which invariably blinds you to the truth, even when it is right before your eyes.

Correct. Acts 1:9-11.

Except that it DOES tell us that just before Judgment Day, Christ will return in a NEW BODY (from Joseph-Ephraim - Gen. 49:10; 22-24), with a NEW NAME (Rev. 2:17; 3:12; 19:12), to explain the mystery of God to us (Rev. 10:7-10) exactly as Christ promised His Disciples he would do 2000 years ago (John 16:25).

Two dozen prophecies concerning Christ's Second Coming may be found at the following link for anyone who is interested in the truth about this subject:-

https://gibraltar-messenger.net/jahtruth/the-scriptural-marks-of-christ/

The LOGICAL way to approach the review of these prophecies, for anyone who genuinely loves and wishes to serve Christ, would be to study them thoroughly and objectively, and then (afterwards) see if they fit any specific individual, exactly as all of the prophecies very obviously fit The Messiah/Christ inside of Jesus 2000 years ago.

We are very plainly told that Christ's Second Coming will be like a thief in the night for most.

1 Thessalonians 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the Day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

2 Peter 3:10 But The Day of The Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the Earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

A thief comes in the night, when it is dark and everyone is asleep, so that he can take whatever he wishes by surprise, undetected by those who are asleep. If Christ was coming again in the body of Jesus, there would be no need for a NEW NAME, would there?

So why would Christ's Second Coming be described that way and what would He be coming to gather and take? The Elect, i.e. those who haven't been duped by satanic organized religions (which Christ condemned along with their leaders) and who hear and recognize The Shepherd's Voice.

Christ will enlighten the "House of Israel", aka the Elect, during His Second Coming, right before Judgment Day, exactly as prophesied. And when will Christ then be seen by ALL of the tribes and kindred of the Earth? AFTER He sheds the body that He's currently using (Matt. 24:28) to show us plainly about the Father and is THEN seen coming in the "Clouds", with the heavenly host and with great glory, exactly as He departed in Acts 1:9-11.

Matthew 24:30-31
24:30 And then shall appear the Sign ("Star") of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall ALL the tribes of the Earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the "Clouds" of heaven with power and great glory.
24:31 And he shall send his angels (Rev. 12:7) with a great sound of a trumpet (7th.), and they shall gather together his Elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with "Clouds"; and every eye shall see him, and they [also] which pierced him: and all kindreds of the Earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

A thief in the night is obviously NOT seen by everyone, and Christ MUST fulfill ALL of the prophecies about His Second Coming, so it should be self-evident that Christ WILL be here before Judgment Day to fulfill those prophecies describing where He will be and what He will be doing during the greatest oppression/tribulation this world has ever seen (which we are currently experiencing).

Therefore, IF you diligently search for and study the prophecies to find Christ -- again exactly as Christ instructed His Followers to do (John 5:39).

As previously explained (and apparently ignored by you) Christ doesn't have to tell Charles anything, just as I don't have to explain all of these things to you, which will most likely fall on the spiritually deaf ears of most who frequent this section of the forum.

THE CROWN AND THRONE OF ISRAEL HAS ALREADY BEEN PROMISED TO CHRIST BY GOD HIMSELF (Ezek. 21:25-27; Luke 1:31-33), WHO ALWAYS SAYS WHAT HE MEANS AND MEANS WHAT HE SAYS.

It therefore should be self-evident that the fulfillment of this PROMISE/PROPHECY FROM GOD requires NOTHING from Charles. It is a final offer graciously being made to Charles for his benefit (should he choose to accept to help Christ rather than continue working against Him), and to awaken those who are still spiritually asleep (Dan. 12:1-2; Eph. 5:14).

Of course to those who are among the spiritually "dead" (Matt. 8:22), who are NOT written in the Book of Life (Rev. 13:8) because of their lack of faith (Luke 18:8), all of this will be seen upside down and backwards, as folly, through their human eyes.

If Christ already had the Crown and the Throne, then why would Father need to give it to Him? Agreed about Satan being on borrowed time, which is rapidly running out for all of us.

Christ will ALWAYS be hated and persecuted here in hell (planet Earth), because 99.99+% of this world's population has no love for the Truth.

John 3:19-21
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that Light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than Light, because their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the Light, neither cometh to the Light, lest his deeds should be revealed.
3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the Light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

John 15:19-23
15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world HATETH you.
15:20 Remember the Truth that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they WILL also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not Him that sent me.
15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.
15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

As above please. There would be no way for Christ to return as a thief in the night, i.e. meekly into this dark and evil world where virtually everyone hates Him AND be seen by everyone at the same time. When everyone sees Christ coming in the "Clouds" with great glory, immediately AFTER the body He is currently using dies, it will be too late for anyone to repent/do anything to change their fate, as Judgment Day will be upon us all.

This should be a VERY sobering thought to motivate anyone who is truly awake spiritually, to wisely use what little time we have left to get their own house in order, rather than pretend that they have a "get out of jail free card" to play after willfully refusing to stop their sinful/selfish/evil ways.

Peace be upon you.
LOL that's not what that means as a thief in the night means you won't know exact time of his appearance in the clouds with a shout - EVERYONE AFTER THAT POINT WILL KNOW HE HAS RETURNED. no of this his body has to die etc ad nausem bro come on...CHRIST was raised once and only once what don't you understand about that? He will not rise again thats done over with he comes in GLORY not as some bum as false messiah that this guy clearly is. Lets see some signs then....Lets Thomas this does he have holes from the nails? If not then hes false. Thats all ya need. Right there is what the apostles saw and what did thomas do? Those don't disappear those where earned and HE will have those when HE returns.

Wigi

Veteran
It BEGINS with Keeping God's Law/Commandments, exactly as we are told consistently and repeatedly throughout Scripture. There is no other way to eradicate sin, to make our Temple fit for God to dwell in us.
This is wrong, it doesn't begin like that :

"Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also."
Matthew 23:26

Keeping God's commandments without having your inner self first cleaned is moot, it doesn't eradicate sin.

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
John 8:24

Once you've received Jesus, God is cleansing your inner self enabling you to walk in accordance to His commandments.
The problem is I know you deny Jesus is the Word of God to begin with, I pray you may be freed from this spiritual blindness.

TokiEl

Superstar
Are ye the "shepherde," my friend? ☺
Yes i am of course not the Archshepherd also known as the Good shepherd.

No i'm just a shepherde among shepherde sheep goats and wolves.

BUT... you didn't answer the question.

Just saying. : )
Have heaven and earth passed away ? No. So not a jot nor a tittle will by no means pass from the law until all is fulfilled.

We are urged to surpass the letter of the law and establish it in our lives.

Not the laws of scribes and pharisees but God's law as taught by Jesus.

TokiEl

Superstar
As in:

Paul addressed christians who always obeyed.

Sure God works in children of obedience.

Lyfe

Star
The old covenant was based off of the law. The new covenant is not. Indeed not one jot or precept will ever pass away under the old covenant, because the terms for that specific covenant became set and binding once the Israelites stood before Sinai and agreed. The terms when the old covenant was established were binding and everyone under that covenant law is bound to them, because those were the terms given.

Jesus came to fulfill the law. He is the fulfillment of the law and everyone who has been redeemed and ransomed by him is brought under the terms of the covenant that he came to establish. The law and the prophets all pointed to Christ. He is the fulfillment of the law and the promised conclusion and reality of the old testament shadows.

If I entered into a specific city I am bound to it's laws. If I leave that city and enter into a new one then I am bound to the laws of the new one. Does that make sense?

if I did for whatever insane reason want to become an old testament Jewish citizen I would be bound to those rules and they could never change. Not one precept will ever change under that covenant. However if I entered into a covenant with Christ then I am not bound to the rules and precepts of the former law which is set in stone. Jesus lived under the old covenant rules and regulations and when he was given for our sins it opened up the way for a new covenant.

TokiEl

Superstar
Jesus urges us to surpass the letter of the law. And Paul states that we establish the law.

We agree that faith supersedes... but law and good works ought to follow faith.

We don't do contrary to God's law when we have faith.

Faith does not stop us from good works.

TokiEl

Superstar
Today a lot of christians are living in sins.

Anybody know why ?

Can it be because of this rabid rejection of God's law ?

Lyfe

Star
Jesus urges us to surpass the letter of the law. And Paul states that we establish the law.

We agree that faith supersedes... but law and good works ought to follow faith.

We don't do contrary to God's law when we have faith.

Faith does not stop us from good works.
What does it mean to establish the law?

I always use the law to point out to people that this is the standard in which they will be judged by. It is to demonstrate what sin is as well as affirm what is right and wrong. It gives people a sense of understanding of what God expects. The law and adherence to the law doesn't save someone though. It doesn't even make one righteous before God.

TokiEl

Superstar
What does it mean to establish the law?

I always use the law to point out to people that this is the standard in which they will be judged by. It is to demonstrate what sin is as well as affirm what is right and wrong. It gives people a sense of understanding of what God expects. The law and adherence to the law doesn't save someone though. It doesn't even make one righteous before God.
Just because the law doesn't save someone... we're not rejecting the law L0L.

Lyfe

Star
Just because the law doesn't save someone... we're not rejecting the law L0L.
The law is not made for the righteous person. After receiving the holy spirit and becoming a new man by the power of God are you seeking perfection through the law?