BTS discussion thread

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
No I think the most narcisist is Jimin
I feel like what we see of them is scripted and largely not their true selves for sure. As for most narcissistic I’m not sure, but I also don’t think it’s a contest either lol. I don’t think it’s small thing that Yoongi has sung about wanting to be king though, lol.

e-Enoch

Superstar
I dont even think that they are serving in the army
Probably all lies (fiction/scripted)
They are all probably underground/ice wall
Yes, they are doing their military service for real. Jin & Jhope currently in active military duty...Suga is in social service...The incoming ones RM, Jm, V, & JK will be in active duty as well...

Lol...This SK government's mandatory military service CANNOT BE SCRIPTED... it's ridiculous to even consider that... Anyone can even verify the exact military station/address where they are assigned...except for Suga, for security reasons they are not disclosing it (coz social service offices are more accessible to the public)...

In fairness to the BTS members...they are doing their military duty to honor their country's requirement.

e-Enoch

Superstar
For all we know, it’s possible they are enlisted by reports only. I trust very little about BTS to actually be true.
"...enlisted by reports only..." lol! That's tantamount to saying that the South Korean government is violating its own requirement for Mandatory Military Service for its able-bodied citizens...who include BTS members...

They may "lie" on everything else...but not on this one...

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
"...enlisted by reports only..." lol! That's tantamount to saying that the South Korean government is violating its own requirement for Mandatory Military Service for its able-bodied citizens...who include BTS members...

They may "lie" on everything else...but not on this one...
Maybe they are enlisted, lol. I never said they weren’t enlisted for a fact. But it’s naive to assume too much about how the government operates on all levels. I just take reports, especially when it comes to celebs of BTS’ status, with a heavy grain of salt. I know there are code words elites can give to certain parts of government in the US and receive all kinds of breaks, exceptions and special treatment.

Truthteller

Veteran
Maybe they are enlisted, lol. I never said they weren’t enlisted for a fact. But it’s naive to assume too much about how the government operates on all levels. I just take reports, especially when it comes to celebs of BTS’ status, with a heavy grain of salt. I know there are code words elites can give to certain parts of government in the US and receive all kinds of breaks, exceptions and special treatment.
They will probably get special treatment in the military.

Saw this on my feed

The only country that drags its celebrities to diplomatic events. They will give them special rights in return.

Last edited:

minnie82

Superstar
Yes, they are doing their military service for real. Jin & Jhope currently in active military duty...Suga is in social service...The incoming ones RM, Jm, V, & JK will be in active duty as well...

Lol...This SK government's mandatory military service CANNOT BE SCRIPTED... it's ridiculous to even consider that... Anyone can even verify the exact military station/address where they are assigned...except for Suga, for security reasons they are not disclosing it (coz social service offices are more accessible to the public)...

In fairness to the BTS members...they are doing their military duty to honor their country's requirement.
yes they do , but they are priviliged compared to regular korean guys that serving in the military ..

minnie82

Superstar

e-Enoch

Superstar
Of course, it's a given that every country's government does have layers of "anomalies..." It's equally naive to assume that citizens are too "naive" not to be aware of this... Didn't SK have a lot of debates regarding BTS' military exemption/enlistment before? Until Jin decided once and for all that he would enlist...to end all speculations...

There are matters which are obvious facts...and those that may be taken with a "grain of salt..." Whichever, a deeper research may be helpful in finding the difference...

Hav3_U_H3ard

Established
Of course, it's a given that every country's government does have layers of "anomalies..." It's equally naive to assume that citizens are too "naive" not to be aware of this... Didn't SK have a lot of debates regarding BTS' military exemption/enlistment before? Until Jin decided once and for all that he would enlist...to end all speculations...

There are matters which are obvious facts...and those that may be taken with a "grain of salt..." Whichever, a deeper research may be helpful in finding the difference...
I assume citizens are aware of anomalies, and I posted about the anomalies just to clarify that this is why I maintain a level of skepticism. I will admit too, (as you can probably guess) I haven’t researched into SK military service, requirements, etc at all. Not even the Jin situation you brought up. So I know nothing about those matters, lol. Should I do research or learn further info about these things, I am very open to changing my mind and forming a new opinion.

e-Enoch

Superstar
yes they do , but they are priviliged compared to regular korean guys that serving in the military ..
That's the common impression because they are "celebrities..." To the contrary, they are actually "under pressure" to live up to "expectations..." They aren't considered "regular" so they have to "perform better..." What do you think are their privileges in the military?

minnie82

Superstar
That's the common impression because they are "celebrities..." To the contrary, they are actually "under pressure" to live up to "expectations..." They aren't considered "regular" so they have to "perform better..." What do you think are their privileges in the military?
don't know maybe they give them more permissions than the others

theartbook35

Veteran
All I know about special privileges idols have received, was G-Dragon was sick or something like that, and during his recovery he got his own special room separate from anyone else in the infirmary. I remember him getting criticism for it, and the people supporting him arguing that idols are popular in the SK military and maybe they separated him to give him privacy. It is plausible that's why, however, I think it's more likely that he got a special room cause he's famous, probably even gave them money to give him that.

e-Enoch

Superstar
All I know about special privileges idols have received, was G-Dragon was sick or something like that, and during his recovery he got his own special room separate from anyone else in the infirmary. I remember him getting criticism for it, and the people supporting him arguing that idols are popular in the SK military and maybe they separated him to give him privacy. It is plausible that's why, however, I think it's more likely that he got a special room cause he's famous, probably even gave them money to give him that.
The "curious case of GDragon..." Apart from the "hospital controversy" there was also an issue about him not getting timely promotion...Apparently he did not get any "special favors" regarding his promotion...

But here's an article that discussed more on the "hospital issue..."

cadiz

Star
well they are all enlisting at the end of the year

i guess they realised they only work as a group.....people in the commments are saying this is a "shame" for JK....but after the bad reviews his album got, I'm not really surprised

[theqoo] RM, JIMIN, V, JUNGKOOK, ENLIST IN DECEMBER.. BTS, RETURN AS A FULL GROUP IN 2025

Comments:

4. Jungkook is in his prime right now, what a shame

5. If you don't think it's a shame for Jungkook to enlist, you're not an all-fan. If you are, then of course you will feel like it's a waste of his career. I feel like if Jungkook was my bias, I'd be throwing up blood. Even so, since this is his decision, I'll have to accept this as an all-fan.

6. It's indeed a waste for Jungkook but it seems like he values his team promotion more. I'm not a fan but I support Bangtan. They're cool

cadiz

Star
Yea KPop will end, but before that happens I imagine something triumphant happening with BTS beforehand- likely in 2025. But who knows.
i think they will probably have a "big comeback" in 2025, but they dont have the same popularity anymore

the last hope was JK but I guess Hybe gave up on him now, because they are sending him to the Army, after all the money they invested in his promo and solo album

besides , I imagine that after 2025, some of them maybe will be getting married, having kids...
they are grown men now so they cant do those childish variety shows forever

e-Enoch

Superstar
well they are all enlisting at the end of the year

i guess they realised they only work as a group.....people in the commments are saying this is a "shame" for JK....but after the bad reviews his album got, I'm not really surprised

[theqoo] RM, JIMIN, V, JUNGKOOK, ENLIST IN DECEMBER.. BTS, RETURN AS A FULL GROUP IN 2025

Comments:

4. Jungkook is in his prime right now, what a shame

5. If you don't think it's a shame for Jungkook to enlist, you're not an all-fan. If you are, then of course you will feel like it's a waste of his career. I feel like if Jungkook was my bias, I'd be throwing up blood. Even so, since this is his decision, I'll have to accept this as an all-fan.

6. It's indeed a waste for Jungkook but it seems like he values his team promotion more. I'm not a fan but I support Bangtan. They're cool
They signed another contract with Bang...so they need to "abide" by the timeplan/workplan of the company... There's no choice but to enlist this year if they target to reconvene as a complete group by June, 2025... Yes, they prefer to work as a group again...coz that's their "brand..." and want to keep it that way... It's their "safe zone..."

Whereas, as individuals, the company wants to "project" that they are "successful" also...But truth is, with all the "manipulations" behind the scenes in terms of charts, sales, and awards...it's all just a "semblance" of it... Not sustainable...

With the coming "absence" of the group...what Bang worries about now, is the investors' sentiment and behavior...

sandonthebeach

Established
Whereas, as individuals, the company wants to "project" that they are "successful" also...But truth is, with all the "manipulations" behind the scenes in terms of charts, sales, and awards...it's all just a "semblance" of it... Not sustainable...
They have tried to boost their individual careers, but I think the only one who has been more or less successful, it's Suga. The rest, not so much, maybe JHope could be next, but the rest...

Btw, Has someone heard about V's album? Well, they claim:

They didn't invest as much money and resources with RM. Does someone remember his latest album?

Is it me or JHope with each passing day, looks more like FtM?