Common Myths About Catholicism

Please address the myths, debunked or not, only.

Lisa, you've been warned. :D
Unfortunately what he says and what they actually do, are 2 different things. I was raised a catholic, my uncle is a catholic who believes in end times. However the first thing he says that it ALL centres around Jesus is simply not true.

My Uncle has placed the virgin mary where Jesus should be, and has done for decades, he believes as "prophecied" by the appearances of Mary the church endorses. - Fatima and Medjugorge. That she is the one "to crush satans head"

The old Catholic Encyclopedia defends the Vulgate text of this passage thusly:

The reading “she” (ipsa) is neither an intentional corruption of the original text, nor is it an accidental error; it is rather an explanatory version expressing explicitly the fact of Our Lady’s part in the victory over the serpent, which is contained implicitly in the Hebrew original. The strength of the Christian tradition as to Mary’s share in this victory may be inferred from the retention of “she” in St. Jerome’s version in spite of his acquaintance with the original text and with the reading “he” (ipse) in the old Latin version. (emphasis added)
This is under the guise that she is co-redemptrix etc, and its her AND JESUS, but in practice and reality, what this actually does is place emphasis on her to anyone who FEELS more alligned to her, disregarding the truth of Christ alone.

My uncle, has been on pilgrimages to fatima and medjugorge, he says THE ROSARY, as a means of combatting the devil. He talks of a "divine will", he reads more of the additional literature which completely misconstrues a coherent exogesis, and basically goes by these very strange teachings of these channeled writings that have been "sanctified" by the church.

Basically what is happening is rather than have the TRUTH, catholics are being fed breadcrumbs of distorted truths, that lead them away from true end time prophecy, and Im pretty much convinced these secrets of fatima will be used to usher in an acceptance, of a universal religion. I wonder will my uncle fall for it? possibly because he has no relationship to Jesus, he holds Mary in his heart, and the way he speaks, reduces Christs atonement, and personhood to the "Cross" he has no relationship to the saviour simply acknowledges it as a work that was done that everything comes through.

Come to think of it I never hear him talk of Jesus much he quote him occassionally but its always the light and mary, to do spiritual battle he says u must do the rosary, he visits church every sunday, and truly believes the catholic church is the one true church, he does not think however Francis is a true pope but again uses these sources of other catholics, in which I think btw is a deception within a deception. I do not think my uncle is an outlier what so ever. And unfortunately as much as its wrapped up as " we dont do this"

They do, and at the very least make it very reasonable to take away from your relationship with Christ.

It actually breaks my heart to see.

floss

Star

Please address the myths, debunked or not, only.

Lisa, you've been warned. :D
Not exactly a debunk but my Catholics friend does not want to be call Christians, he's a proud Catholics.

Mary and the Saints cannot make intercession.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Yes, you can know FOR SURE of your salvation.

Art, you're too smart to be a Catholics, come out of her now brother.

Not exactly a debunk but my Catholics friend does not want to be call Christians, he's a proud Catholics.

Mary and the Saints cannot make intercession.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus

Art, you're too smart to be a Catholics, come out of her now brother.
I'm not a Catholic, never been.

I'm confused, what is the point of this thread then? I watched half of the video and the guy doesn't know what he is talking about...
The point is pretty straightforward. There are common myths about Catholicism. This wannabe friar addresses them, as far as I'm concerned, correctly.

floss

Star
The point is pretty straightforward. There are common myths about Catholicism. This wannabe friar addresses them, as far as I'm concerned, correctly.
So you agreed with this wannabe friar, however you're not Catholics? You agreed that being gay is not a sin?

Lisa

Superstar
That's the official tunic for friars, Lisa.
It’s a dress with a cord tied around it..it’s comical, I can’t take him serious in that getup and...he doesn’t know what he’s talking about for most of it.