Dr. William Campbell destroyed by Dr. Zakir Naik on scientific errors in the Bible MUST WATCH!!

phipps

Star
How do you explain the trinity, though?

Do you believe it is possible for humans to understand the trinity doctrine or do you believe it is beyond human understanding?

I simply do not see how 1 can equal 3.

Also, does the trinity doctrine have Biblical support? I am not really aware of any verses in the Bible that seem to explicitly spell out the trinity doctrine... I think it came from the church if I'm not mistaken. I'm from a Christian background but my memory of the Bible is sort of foggy.
I and other Christians explained the trinity in prior posts in this very forum. I refer you to them. The trinity is not beyond human understanding. If its in the Bible, its meant to be understood. The Christians on this forum understand it.

I also repeatedly said that to understand the Bible, you need to be spiritually discerned. We have to pray for understanding and to hear what God is telling us. If we try to read the Bible with our own feelings as the interpreter and want it to tell us what we want to hear, want it to say what we want it to say, we will never understand it. That won’t work—imposing ourselves on what we read rather than allowing God’s Spirit to impose on us what we need to understand. 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”

The Trinity has biblical support. Its just the word "Trinity" is not used in the Bible. The Bible talks about God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and how they are one, united in their purpose of saving man. It is not from any Church. Its directly from the Bible.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
I also repeatedly said that to understand the Bible, you need to be spiritually discerned. We have to pray for understanding and to hear what God is telling us. If we try to read the Bible with our own feelings as the interpreter and want it to tell us what we want to hear, want it to say what we want it to say, we will never understand it. That won’t work—imposing ourselves on what we read rather than allowing God’s Spirit to impose on us what we need to understand. 1 Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”
You are trying to convince others that your interpretations of the Scriptures are infallible.

Are you serious ? Are you a woman ?

The trinity in itself as it was originally mentioned in scripture was not false at all.

ie the Transcendence God is Immanent in the Macrocosm (ie ALL things) and is Immanent in the microcosm (ie in the spirit of Man).

the problem is when dumb romans started interpreting mystical truths pertaining to the Immanence of God, they took em literally to in effect declare that ALL 3 are 'co equals' in Godhead
ie that the Son and the holy spirit are also equally God both Trancendent and Immanent.

then later more stupidity came into it when they substituted the Son (as in the Logos, Divine reason) with Jesus the man whereby Jesus also became 'fully God both Transcendent and Immanent).

this stuff is easily proven wrong because Jesus himself said that the holy spirit is not better than the Son ie the holy spirit takes from whatever belongs to the Son./

As for islam, islam easily teaches us these truths but it is told in a way that allows us to keep to the unity of God.
Bismillah IrRahman IrRaheem, it is exactly the same idea...

of course this requires at least some basic understanding of the metaphysics behind the logos and holy spirit..rather than just being another moron who doesnt know anything about it, so attacks it.

Etagloc

Superstar
Corinthians 2:14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”
Does this mean that Christianity is against human nature? Is human nature inherently wrong? Is nature wrong?

Etagloc

Superstar
The trinity in itself as it was originally mentioned in scripture was not false at all.

ie the Transcendence God is Immanent in the Macrocosm (ie ALL things) and is Immanent in the microcosm (ie in the spirit of Man).

the problem is when dumb romans started interpreting mystical truths pertaining to the Immanence of God, they took em literally to in effect declare that ALL 3 are 'co equals' in Godhead
ie that the Son and the holy spirit are also equally God both Trancendent and Immanent.

then later more stupidity came into it when they substituted the Son (as in the Logos, Divine reason) with Jesus the man whereby Jesus also became 'fully God both Transcendent and Immanent).

this stuff is easily proven wrong because Jesus himself said that the holy spirit is not better than the Son ie the holy spirit takes from whatever belongs to the Son./

As for islam, islam easily teaches us these truths but it is told in a way that allows us to keep to the unity of God.
Bismillah IrRahman IrRaheem, it is exactly the same idea...

of course this requires at least some basic understanding of the metaphysics behind the logos and holy spirit..rather than just being another moron who doesnt know anything about it, so attacks it.
Again, this is stuff you made up.

Alao the Quran itself attacks the trinity. But you're not going off the Quran. The Quran attacks the trinity but you try to make it sound as though Islam supports the trinity.

You make stuff up and then call it "Islam".

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Does this mean that Christianity is against human nature? Is human nature inherently wrong? Is nature wrong?
Perhaps the way to put it would be to say that two dimensions cannot imagine a third. If our entire existence had been of a flat piece of paper, the notion of a real 3D object would be absurd, illogical and inexplicable in terms of the flat page...

Again, this is stuff you made up.

Alao the Quran itself attacks the trinity. But you're not going off the Quran. The Quran attacks the trinity but you try to make it sound as though Islam supports the trinity.

You make stuff up and then call it "Islam".
The Quran says 'do not say Allah is THREE'
I have never said Allah is three
I have said Allah is ONE but He certainly has 3 aspects of His manifestation

He is Trancendent.
He is Immanent.....but His Immanence is EVERYWHERE and also INSIDE US

Immanence is not to be confused with Trancendence hence i'm not obv claiming Allah is inside His creation. His Immanence refers to attributes..and in islam this attribute is Rahma.

In islam we believe Allah has 99 attributes but due to posessing sound tawheed we do not go around claiming 'Allah is 99' do we?
There is a huge difference here in mentality where in islam we emphasise the Oneness of Allah, whereas the christians go way too far and are theologically making it up too which i've highlighted.

The trinitarian doctrine did come from somewhere, it was based on an underlying idea that as i said is exactly the same as the words Bismillah IrRahman IrRaheem
rather than accuse me of 'making things up' you should ask me where i got these ideas from.

You are one of the most delusional idiots ive come across online btw.

eg
You: we need to become comminist because it's anti-west/capitalist and that is evil
me: nah its just a jewish scam, learn something

a year later

you: OMG YOU ARE A COLONIAL PUPPET, YOU SUPPORT ISRAEL AND AMERICA, YOU ARE NOT EVEN MUZLIMZEZ.

This is how you think. You don't posess even an ounce of common sense.

Etagloc

Superstar
Perhaps the way to put it would be to say that two dimensions cannot imagine a third. If our entire existence had been of a flat piece of paper, the notion of a real 3D object would be absurd, illogical and inexplicable in terms of the flat page...
Is Christianity out to change human nature?

This here is proof of what im saying ie that Allah is Immanent in all things and in the spirit of man
.......not to be confused with His transcendence and does not mean Allah is 'inside the creation' literally.

(2) Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, would say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit Me. He would say: O my Lord; how could I visit Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine was sick but you did not visit him and were you not aware of this that if you had visited him, you would have found Me by him? O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed me. He would say: My Lord, how could I feed Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? He said: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine asked food from you but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side? (The Lord would again say: ) O son of Adam, I asked drink from you but you did not provide Me. He would say: My Lord, how could I provide Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Such and such of servant of Mine asked you for a drink but you did not provide him, and had you provided him drink you would have found him near Me. (Book #032, Hadith #6232)

of course
https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/sufi-muslims-and-gnosis.566/page-5#post-26032
The Quran basically is sorcery. Repeat these incantations in Arabic a bunch of times a day..... I used to repeat them. I even felt like I was doing sorcery. I don't think it's a proper way of prayer. With the Bible, you can pray in whatever language it is you use. And you can pray how you like. You're not mechanically repeating things in another language. It's very witchcraft-like.
the same guy who quotes christians when they attack me

dodgy twat.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Is Christianity out to change human nature?
I'm not for the quick answer @Etagloc - In Romans 6, 7 and 8 things fall into their right relationship. There is so much I could say to your question but it would be a very poor reflection of how Paul puts it in his letter to the Roman Christians.

TokiEl

Superstar
This here is proof of what im saying ie that Allah is Immanent in all things and in the spirit of man
.......not to be confused with His transcendence and does not mean Allah is 'inside the creation' literally.

(2) Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Verily, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, would say on the Day of Resurrection: O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit Me. He would say: O my Lord; how could I visit Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine was sick but you did not visit him and were you not aware of this that if you had visited him, you would have found Me by him? O son of Adam, I asked food from you but you did not feed me. He would say: My Lord, how could I feed Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? He said: Didn't you know that such and such servant of Mine asked food from you but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side? (The Lord would again say: ) O son of Adam, I asked drink from you but you did not provide Me. He would say: My Lord, how could I provide Thee whereas Thou art the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He would say: Such and such of servant of Mine asked you for a drink but you did not provide him, and had you provided him drink you would have found him near Me. (Book #032, Hadith #6232)

Hadith is to Islam as the Talmud is to Judaism right ? Traditions of men...

Etagloc

Superstar
I'm not for the quick answer @Etagloc - In Romans 6, 7 and 8 things fall into their right relationship. There is so much I could say to your question but it would be a very poor reflection of how Paul puts it in his letter to the Roman Christians.
I looked up the verses and I definitely think there's a Platonic influence on Paul.

Etagloc

Superstar
I've never read the Talmud, so I don't know about the Talmud.

But from what I understand, the Talmud came from rabbis. The saheeh hadith came from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

If I had to make a comparison, I would say the hadith are more like the Analects of Confucius, written down by the disciples of Confucius. Or maybe even similar to how Plato wrote down the teachings of Socrates.

But Confucius wasn't a prophet. And Plato mixed the teachings of Socrates (who also wasn't a prophet) with his own ideas.

So I don't really know of anything which is like the hadith.

If the Talmud came from people writing down the sayings of Moses (PBUH)- maybe the comparison would make sense. But the authentic hadith transmit teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), not imams or rabbis.

I think a better comparison would be to the New Testament accounts of Jesus (PBUH). However, I'm not sure how saheeh the accounts are.

phipps

Star
Of course Christianity is not against human nature but sadly after humanity fell after that first temptation in the garden, it lost the pure loving motives with which it had been originally created. Selfishness took its place, and the result has been devastating. Jeremiah 17:9, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Our hearts are full of deceit that we even deceive ourselves. Sin has made us hopelessly wicked. Romans 8:7 says, Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. Our minds are hostile to to God and we refuse to accept His law. We are prideful and that makes it hard for us to admit we have done wrong. We can do nothing to save ourselves from the power of sin. The gospel shows us that Jesus is willing and able to cleanse our lives from wrong doing if we are willing to rely on Him and are obedient to His law. If we acknowledge our sins, confess and repent of our sins and turn from them and forsake them, God will forgive us and cleanse us. That was all made possible because of Jesus' sacrifice for our sins on the cross. Jesus re-creates our hearts, He makes them pure so that the Holy spirit who will give power when temptation comes can live there. We say NO with a strong voice and mean it. We need God to overcome our carnal nature. Without Him its impossible.

the Quran says that Allah revealed the Scripture AND the Wisdom ie to Moses, Jesus and of course to our prophet SAW.
It is important to understand that wisdom is something that can easily be lost. When i often talk about the mythos of religion, there is wisdom inherent in even a contradiction between 2 scriptures..
look at the verse in my sig.

As for hadith here's my overall issue...i don't generally have problem with hadith unless i suspect they were politically or sectarian motivated
eg
when the Ummayads and Abbasids were in power, their rivals were primarily the shia who had their own political leanings and their own sources of hadith. Now it is most certainly a fact that the actual bloodline of the prophet were shia..and they were also imprisoned and killed BY the Ummayads and Abbasids yet despite that I still do believe the syeds (the bloodline of the prophet) who became shia were 'wrong' because they elevated their own lineage with the implication being that they should be running things because they're a special bloodline. get it? they were turning into israelites/jews with that attitude. islam is not about that, every man has his own merit.
However that doesnt mean the ummayads and abbasids were good, some were some weren't.
The game changer were the hadith collections producted in the abbasid era. The abbasids ruled from persia..the hadith imams were all persia. Imam Bukhari, Imam Muslim, al Tirmindhi, Abu Dawood
here's the list
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kutub_al-Sittah

an example of a politically motivated hadith is one where we're told the Imam Mahdi will have an army from KHOROSAN who will carry the black flags.
At the time the Abbasids were that army, they carried black flags and ruled Khorosan (present day iran/afghanistan).
It also was a zoroastrian prophecy (in the bahman yast) of a righteous leader with an army who would carry black flags and come from iran.

it was easily feasible that the abbasids were aware of various prophecies/beliefs that were prevalent amongst those people and basically 'took on that role' in a way and maybe people even believed they were going to fulfill it.

here's an example of shia vs sunni
the shia believe in 12 imams all from THE bloodline of the prophet ie from his daughter and grandsons.
the sunni believe in 12 rulers all from Quraysh

i believe the Aisha hadith is another major one because Aisha is universally hated by shia and they accused her of being, promiscuous to sa the least. So how would the sunni side defend her? easy
give her child bride status.

people like Mufti Abu layth are being attacked wholesale by salafist types for delving deep on various hadith far better than i can (because he's actually a qualified mufti)

YET even he doesnt reject hadith, he rejects certain narrations and his attitude is based on the extent of knowledge he has on them
he, like i do on a very small level compared to him, looks at hadith like historical sources that should be scrutinused.

Then there are people who be like
"well there was an imam called imam Suyuti and he was also a mufti, but he was wayyyy better and he didnt disagree with hadith"
but it's fair to say way back in the day im sure muslims were often, not perturbed by what they read like we are. We are challenged far far more because we live in an extreme age where all sorts of wild shit goes on. people think our age is more enlightened but it isnt. people went doing honour killings back then and there would not have been a need for it (btw im talking about the 15th century, so only 500 years back) like there is now. people are obv more aware now and do challenge things. perhaps if imam suyuti did challenge hadith in his own time it could have been dangerous in other ways...it is stupid for people to refer to previous imams/muftis etc because they're not here today and it is a way of discrediting abu layth without directly confronting the core topics he criticises that are from hadith.

Btw, as i said, the word in the Quran is 'scripture AND WISDOM'
wisdom.....
not 'sunnah'
these people have changed the meaning to 'Quran and sunnah'
and furthermore sunnah refers to the traditions of our prophet SAW which is not a bad thing, but the hadith became the defacto standard of 'sunnah' which is wrong because sunnah is what the prophet actually did...and hadith are historical sources of information that attempt to record the sunnah and hence the wisdom.

Now in the Quran in one instance it says

Pickthall: For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth.

this is not in the bible, it's in the Talmud.
this is actually an angle that lends credibility to hadith just like it would to the Talmud
of course most muslims who've ever mentioned the talmud previously inc myself, are usually verynegative

that says a lot doesnt it?

ie certain wisdom given to a prophet may not be recorded in scripture but known through the oral tradition.

Btw take it from me, as someone who is very much a believer in bible prophecy..the hadith prophecies are one of the most impressive things about islam as a whole. guys like colgate don't realise ive been reading Sahih Bukhari hadith since i was 10, i have the whole collection in the room next door that my dad purchased when i was a kid.

A guy who last year said the Quran is sorcery, is supposed to tell me about my own religion?
can you please take him? i don't want these type of entities in my religion, we have enough of them already.

TokiEl

Superstar
I've never read the Talmud, so I don't know about the Talmud.

But from what I understand, the Talmud came from rabbis. The saheeh hadith came from Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

If I had to make a comparison, I would say the hadith are more like the Analects of Confucius, written down by the disciples of Confucius. Or maybe even similar to how Plato wrote down the teachings of Socrates.

But Confucius wasn't a prophet. And Plato mixed the teachings of Socrates (who also wasn't a prophet) with his own ideas.

So I don't really know of anything which is like the hadith.

If the Talmud came from people writing down the sayings of Moses (PBUH)- maybe the comparison would make sense. But the authentic hadith transmit teachings of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), not imams or rabbis.

I think a better comparison would be to the New Testament accounts of Jesus (PBUH). However, I'm not sure how saheeh the accounts are.
Aha so Sharia come from the mouth of Muhammad. A man like me. As in not God but man.