Favorite Quran Verses

DesertRose

Superstar
114 There is no good in much of their private counsels, except for him who advocates charity, or kindness, or reconciliation between people. Whoever does that, seeking Allah’s approval, We will give him a great compensation.

115 Whoever makes a breach with the Messenger, after the guidance has become clear to him, and follows other than the path of the believers, We will direct him in the direction he has chosen, and commit him to Hell—what a terrible destination!

116 Allah will not forgive that partners be associated with Him; but will forgive anything less than that, to whomever He wills. Anyone who ascribes partners to Allah has strayed into far error.

117 They invoke in His stead only females. In fact, they invoke none but a rebellious devil.
118 Allah has cursed him. And he said, “I will take to myself my due share of Your servants.”

119 “And I will mislead them, and I will entice them, and I will prompt them to slit the ears of cattle, and I will prompt them to alter the creation of Allah.” Whoever takes Satan as a lord, instead of Allah, has surely suffered a profound loss.

120 He promises them, and he raises their expectations, but Satan promises them nothing but delusions.
121 These—their place is Hell, and they will find no escape from it.

122 But as for those who believe and do righteous deeds, We will admit them into gardens beneath which rivers flow, where they will abide forever. The promise of Allah is true—and who is more truthful in speech than Allah?

123 It is not in accordance with your wishes, nor in accordance with the wishes of the People of the Scripture. Whoever works evil will pay for it, and will not find for himself, besides Allah, any protector or savior.

124 But whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, and is a believer—those will enter Paradise, and will not be wronged a whit.

125 And who is better in religion than he who submits himself wholly to Allah, and is a doer of good, and follows the faith of Abraham the Monotheist? Allah has chosen Abraham for a friend.

126 To Allah belongs what is in the heavens and what is on earth, and Allah encompasses everything.

DesertRose

Superstar
11 We created you, then We shaped you, then We said to the angels, “Bow down before Adam;” so they bowed down, except for Satan; he was not of those who bowed down.
12 He said, “What prevented you from bowing down when I have commanded you?” He said, “I am better than he; You created me from fire, and You created him from mud.”
13 He said, “Get down from it! It is not for you to act arrogantly in it. Get out! You are one of the lowly!”
14 He said, “Give me respite, until the Day they are resurrected.”
15 He said, “You are of those given respite.”
16 He said, “Because you have lured me, I will waylay them on Your straight path.
17 Then I will come at them from before them, and from behind them, and from their right, and from their left; and you will not find most of them appreciative
18 He said, “Get out of it, despised and vanquished. Whoever among them follows you—I will fill up Hell with you all
19 And you, Adam, inhabit the Garden, you and your wife, and eat whatever you wish; but do not approach this tree, lest you become sinners.”
20 But Satan whispered to them, to reveal to them their nakedness, which was invisible to them. He said, “Your Lord has only forbidden you this tree, lest you become angels, or become immortals.”
21 And he swore to them, “I am a sincere advisor to you.”
22 So he lured them with deceit. And when they tasted the tree, their nakedness became evident to them, and they began covering themselves with the leaves of the Garden. And their Lord called out to them, “Did I not forbid you from this tree, and say to you that Satan is a sworn enemy to you?”
23 They said, “Our Lord, we have done wrong to ourselves. Unless You forgive us, and have mercy on us, we will be among the losers.”
24 He said, “Fall, some of you enemies to one another. On earth you will have residence and livelihood for a while.”
25 He said, “In it you will live, and in it you will die, and from it you will be brought out.”
26 O children of Adam! We have provided you with clothing to cover your bodies, and for luxury. But the clothing of piety—that is best. These are some of Allah’s revelations, so that they may take heed.
27 O Children of Adam! Do not let Satan seduce you, as he drove your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their garments, to show them their nakedness. He sees you, him and his clan, from where you cannot see them. We have made the devils friends of those who do not believe.
28 And when they commit an indecency, they say, “We found our parents doing this, and Allah has commanded us to do it.” Say, “Allah does not command indecencies. Are you attributing to Allah what you do not know?”
29 Say, “My Lord commands justice, and to stand devoted at every place of worship. So call upon Him, and dedicate your faith to Him alone. Just as He originated you, so you will return.”
30 Some He has guided, and some have deserved misguidance. They have adopted the devils for patrons rather than Allah, and they assume that they are guided.
31 O Children of Adam! Dress properly at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but do not be excessive. He does not love the excessive.
32 Say, “Who forbade Allah’s finery which He has produced for His servants, and the delights of livelihood?” Say, “They are for those who believe, in this present world, but exclusively theirs on the Day of Resurrection.” We thus detail the revelations for people who know.
33 Say, “My Lord has forbidden immoralities—both open and secret—and sin, and unjustified aggression, and that you associate with Allah anything for which He revealed no sanction, and that you say about Allah what you do not know.”
34 For every nation is an appointed time. When their time has come, they cannot delay it by one hour, nor can they advance it.
35 O Children of Adam! When messengers from among you come to you, relating to you My revelations—whoever practices piety and reforms—upon them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
36 But as for those who reject Our revelations, and are too proud to accept them—these are the inmates of the Fire, where they will remain forever.
37 Who does greater wrong than he who invents lies about Allah, or denies His revelations? These—their share of the decree will reach them. Until, when Our envoys come to them, to take their souls away, they will say, “Where are they whom you used to pray to besides Allah?” They will say, “They have abandoned us,” and they will testify against themselves that they were faithless.

7:11-37

DesertRose

Superstar
Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the East or the West,
but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets
and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help],
and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah;
[those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle.
Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

2:177

If every wrongdoer were to possess everything in the world,
they would surely ransom themselves with it.
They will hide remorse when they see the torment.
And they will be judged in all fairness,
and none will be wronged.
Surely to Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth.
Surely Allah’s promise is true,
but most of them do not know.
He gives life and causes death,
and to Him you will be returned.
O humanity!
Indeed, there has come to you a warning from your Lord,
a cure for what is in the hearts,
a guide,
and a mercy for the believers.
Qur'an, Surah 10:54-57

A Freeman

Superstar
Sura 7:157-158
7:157. Those who follow The Apostle, the unlettered Prophet (John 7:15), whom they find mentioned in their own (Scriptures - the Bible),- in The Law (The Torah) and The Gospel (New Testament - Covenant);- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); he releases them from their heavy burdens (Matthew 23:1-4) and from the yokes (Matt.11:28-30) that are upon them. So it is those who believe him, honour him, help him, and follow the Light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper (John 8:3)."
7:158. Say: "O men! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of "I AM", to Whom belongeth the Dominion of the heavens and the Earth: there is no god but He: it is He That giveth both life and death. So believe in "I AM" and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet (John 7:15-19), who believeth "I AM" and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided (by "The Way" - John 14:6)."

A Freeman

Superstar
Sura 43:57-61
43:57. When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
43:58. And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
43:59. He was no more than a servant ("I came not to do mine own will, but the Will of Him that sent me" - John 6:38): We granted Our favour (Christ) to him (Sura 4:171), and We made him the Example to the Children of Israel (John 14:6).
43:60. And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the Earth.
43:61. And (Christ the Mahdi) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) The Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about The (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is The Straight Way.

DesertRose

Superstar
ذَلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ ۛ فِيهِ ۛ هُدًى لِّلْمُتَّقِينَ
This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil) (Al Baqarah 2:2)

يُخَادِعُونَ اللَّـهَ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَمَا يَخْدَعُونَ إِلَّا أَنفُسَهُمْ وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ
They think to beguile Allah and those who believe, and they beguile none save themselves; but they perceive not (Al Baqarah 2:9)

كَيْفَ تَكْفُرُونَ بِاللَّـهِ وَكُنتُمْ أَمْوَاتًا فَأَحْيَاكُمْ ۖ ثُمَّ يُمِيتُكُمْ ثُمَّ يُحْيِيكُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ
How can ye reject the faith in Allah? Seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return (Al Baqarah 2:28)

ولَا تَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
And cover not Truth with falsehood, nor conceal the Truth when ye know (what it is) (Al Baqarah 2:42)

وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَارْكَعُوا مَعَ الرَّاكِعِينَ
And be steadfast in prayer; practice regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship) (Al-Baqarah 2:43)

أَتَأْمُرُونَ النَّاسَ بِالْبِرِّ وَتَنسَوْنَ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَأَنتُمْ تَتْلُونَ الْكِتَابَ ۚ أَفَلَا تَعْقِلُونَ
Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget (to practice it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye then no sense? (Al-Baqarah 2:44)

.وَقَالُوا لَن تَمَسَّنَا النَّارُ إِلَّا أَيَّامًا مَّعْدُودَةً ۚ قُلْ أَتَّخَذْتُمْ عِندَ اللَّـهِ عَهْدًا فَلَن يُخْلِفَ اللَّـهُ عَهْدَهُ ۖ أَمْ تَقُولُونَ عَلَى اللَّـهِ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ
And they say: “The Fire shall not touch us but for a few numbered days:” Say: “Have ye taken a promise from Allah, for He never breaks His promise? Or is it that ye say of Allah what ye do not know?” (Al-Baqarah – 2:80)

وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ أُولَـٰئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَنَّةِ ۖ هُمْ فِيهَا خَالِدُونَ
And those who believe and do good works: such are rightful owners of the Garden. They will abide therein (Al-Baqarah – 2:82)

وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا
Treat with kindness your parents (Al-Baqarah – 2:83)

وَبِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَانًا وَذِي الْقُرْبَىٰ وَالْيَتَامَىٰ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ
Treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need (Al-Baqarah – 2:83)

وَقُولُوا لِلنَّاسِ حُسْنًا
And speak kindly to mankind (Al-Baqarah – 2:83)

أَفَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِبَعْضِ الْكِتَابِ وَتَكْفُرُونَ بِبَعْضٍ
Then is it only a part of the Book that ye believe in, and do ye reject the rest? (Al-Baqarah – 2:85)

أُولَـٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ اشْتَرَوُا الْحَيَاةَ الدُّنْيَا بِالْآخِرَةِ
Such are those who buy the life of the world at the price of the Hereafter (Al-Baqarah – 2:86)

Indeed, We gave the Scripture to Moses
—so let there be no doubt that you are receiving revelations
—and We made it a guide for the Children of Israel.
We raised from among them leaders, guiding by Our command,
when they patiently endured and firmly believed in Our signs.
Indeed, your Lord will decide between them
on the Day of Judgment regarding their differences.
Is it not yet clear to them how many peoples We destroyed before them,
whose ruins they still pass by?
Surely in this are signs.
Will they not then listen?
Do they not see how We drive rain to parched land,
producing crops from which they and their cattle eat?

Will they not then see?
Qur'an, Surah 32:23-27

Indeed, Allah will fulfil His Messenger’s vision in all truth:
Insha'Allah, you will surely enter the Sacred Mosque, in security
—heads shaved and hair shortened
—without fear.
He knew what you did not know,
so He first granted you the triumph at hand.
He is the One Who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth,
making it prevail over all others.
And sufficient is Allah as a Witness.
Muḥammad is the Messenger of Allah.
And those with him are firm with the Kuffar
and compassionate with one another.

You see them bowing and prostrating,
seeking Allah’s bounty and pleasure.
The sign on their faces from the trace of prostrating.
This is their description in the Torah.
And their parable in the Gospel is that of a seed that sprouts its branches,
making it strong.
Then it becomes thick, standing firmly on its stem,
to the delight of the planters
—in this way Allah makes the believers a source of dismay for the Kuffar.
To those of them who believe and do good,
Allah has promised forgiveness and a great reward.

Qur'an, Surah Fath 27-29:

DesertRose

Superstar
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
O humanity! Be mindful of your Lord Who created you from a single soul, and from it, He created its mate, and through both, He spread countless men and women. And be mindful of Allah—in Whose Name you appeal to one another—and ˹honour˺ family ties. Surely Allah is ever Watchful over you.
4:1

O believers! Be mindful of Allah in the way He deserves, and do not die except in ˹a state of full˺ submission ˹to Him˺.
3:102

O believers! Be mindful of Allah, and say what is right.
He will bless your deeds for you, and forgive your sins. And whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, has truly achieved a great triumph. 33: 70-71

Indeed, when Satan whispers to those mindful ˹of Allah˺, they remember ˹their Lord˺ then they start to see ˹things˺ clearly.
7:201

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
He will forgive your sins, and delay your end until the appointed time.1 Indeed, when the time set by Allah comes, it cannot be delayed, if only you knew!”
71:4

Daze

Superstar
1689649192672.png

Note how it says the spiders house is the weakest of structures. for the longest time i thought this was because a spider's web is flimsy and weak.

Today i learned after the female spider has given birth, she kills the male and throws him out.
When the children grow up they kill the mother and throw her out.

There is no better example of a weaker shelter.

DesertRose

Superstar
"Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west,
but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , (The One God)
the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, and the Prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it,
to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help],
and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah;
[those who] fulfill their promise when they promise;
and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle.
Those are the ones who have been true,
and it is those who are the righteous."
[Quran 2:177]