Forum Update Dec 2019

Lalas

Star
Hello,
A major forum upgrade was installed this week. It fixed a long list of bugs and improved its looks and usability. Also, you will now find profile posts on the sidebar of forums. With this increased visibility, an already existing forum rule will be enforced for profile posts:

I hope you enjoy this upgrade and feel free to post questions or comments in this thread.
I can't post in my threads. Who do I contact to find out what the problem is?

Lalas

Star
Strange, have you tried using a different browser? Some browsers can block basic functionality of various websites.
"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console. "
Why would my browser block the forum? It's possible, I don't know...

Lalas

Star
Weird. I just left a one word comment in your thread Here
Yes. But right now I have one long (as much as everyone else, no more) comment with links and photos and not posting it to me. I cut it into small and smaller and smaller pieces and still refuses to publish it. I don't know.

Stucky

Star
Yes. But right now I have one long (as much as everyone else, no more) comment with links and photos and not posting it to me. I cut it into small and smaller and smaller pieces and still refuses to publish it. I don't know.
Will it allow you to post the entire comment here then if it does just delete it and try your thread again?

Last edited:

Lalas

Star
The same.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.
Well.. It's an unpleasant story, but I won't cry much. :) What to do, I'll look for another forum or I don't know what. Maybe the problem is with me. If I think more conspiratorially, these two topics are the only (I assure each) two places on the English-speaking Internet with detailsabout Great Reset in Russia; I haven't come across others So.. everything is possible, who knows; Maybe it's something stupid that I don't understand.

Maybe my browser. Bad, I don't know anything about fixing browsers. :)

Stucky

Star
The same.

Well.. It's an unpleasant story, but I won't cry much. :) What to do, I'll look for another forum or I don't know what. Maybe the problem is with me. If I think more conspiratorially, these two topics are the only (I assure each) two places on the English-speaking Internet with detailsabout Great Reset in Russia; I haven't come across others So.. everything is possible, who knows; Maybe it's something stupid that I don't understand.

Maybe my browser. Bad, I don't know anything about fixing browsers. :)
Try starting a new thread and leave a link to your other thread(s)

Daze

Superstar
There are a lot of minor issues that can break things.

If you never clean your browser and have a ton of cookies, it can cause problems. You might be using a certain add-on that might break some functions. You might have privacy settings that block 3rd party cookies, browser fingerprinting and so on.

Some browsers like Brave blocks certain scripts out of the box. So on and so forth..

If the browser is the problem, it doesn't hurt to try another.

Lalas

Star
Strange, have you tried using a different browser? Some browsers can block basic functionality of various websites.
"Reset settings and cleanup." ?
There are a lot of minor issues that can break things.

If you never clean your browser and have a ton of cookies, it can cause problems. You might be using a certain add-on that might break some functions. You might have privacy settings that block 3rd party cookies, browser fingerprinting and so on.

Some browsers like Brave blocks certain scripts out of the box. So on and so forth..

If the browser is the problem, it doesn't hurt to try another.
What do you suggest I try with my browser? - "Reset settings and cleanup." ?
What could go wrong? (from a person who barely understands anything about browsers...)

*By the way, I enter through the (funny, actually non-anonymous) incognito mode. So I don't have a "story" and cookies. If it matters.
Browser is google chrome, windows 7 :)

Daze

Superstar
"Reset settings and cleanup." ?

What do you suggest I try with my browser? - "Reset settings and cleanup." ?
What could go wrong? (from a person who barely understands anything about browsers...)

*By the way, I enter through the (funny, actually non-anonymous) incognito mode. So I don't have a "story" and cookies. If it matters.
Browser is google chrome, windows 7 :)
It was only a suggestion. Not everyone is savvy with computers. For example, if you always use the same tab and never clean your browser, it's not going to take long before problems begin to pop up.

Everyone has different levels of knowledge. For example, I am an electrician by trade. There is a special plug in used in wet areas called a GFI. You almost certainly have one in your own bathroom. These things can "break" for an average person, and he will pay an electrician $50 to "fix" it. When the fix is literally pushing the reset button.

So I just suggested something basic that might solve your issue, and that was using another browser. This avoids "getting under the hood" trying to find the issue. If the problem disappears, then you have a better idea where to look to solve it. If not then odds are high its not on your end.

Personally, I’m not a big fan of Google, that includes chrome. Sadly, 80% of the globe uses this browser and a time is fast approaching where websites will only work with chrome due to coding for the average user. Giving Google more control over the internet, when what they already have, is beyond excessive.

You know I'm anti-Israel!! :D :D
So you're saying you're human. Thats good to hear, as we have multiple people here who aren't.

Lalas

Star
@Zakat, I apologize if I offended you with anything, but I guarantee 100% that I may be tactless and stupid, but I am not ill-intentioned. I'm really interested in Mauritius, it's some magical distant place for me. But I do not deny that (well-intentioned) presenting the question in the form of an unsuccessful attempt at a (well-intentioned) joke may have been stupid and tactless. :)

Daze

Superstar
@Zakat, I apologize if I offended you with anything, but I guarantee 100% that I may be tactless and stupid, but I am not ill-intentioned. I'm really interested in Mauritius, it's some magical distant place for me. But I do not deny that (well-intentioned) presenting the question in the form of an unsuccessful attempt at a (well-intentioned) joke may have been stupid and tactless. :)
Somehow I doubt he is / was offended. He gets along with everyone.

Stucky

Star
@Zakat was responding to a Q asked by @delusion.everywhere in another thread on how to delete one of her own threads

Zakat

Star
I am sorry for missing your post. :)
I am equally sorry if ever I offended you too, and thank you for being well-intentioned. :D
@Daze :)
@Stucky thanks for alerting me. I am wondering how I could have missed this notification. Anyway, nevermind. :)