Healing A Transexual, Possible?

Trenton

Veteran
I encourage reading the article below to better understand my questions for this thread.

https://bible.org/article/transgender-truth-and-compassion

" Dr. Paul McHugh, former director of the department of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Hospital, candidly regrets his institution’s complicity with sex-change surgeries. He believes, as the field of medicine has known for a century, that being transgender is not a healthy state. “We psychiatrists… would do better to concentrate on trying to fix their minds and not their genitalia,” he writes. “We have wasted scientific and technical resources and damaged our professional credibility by collaborating with madness rather than trying to study, cure, and ultimately prevent it.”  7"

I want to ask here, hoping to read others thoughts or ideas...

If there was a way to make a transgender person feel mentally like their biological sex's gender, how would this be achieved?

Do you think it is possible?

Do you think it's not possible?

If you do think it is possible, how can it be accomplished?

Another question, do you believe the supposition of this chart is accurate?

Screenshot_20170513-233349_1.jpg

And if so... Regarding transexual individuals... How can you change a concious and subconscious perception someone has of their gender?

mecca

Superstar
Well it's been proven that you can't turn a homosexual into a heterosexual so I don't think it's possible to turn a transgender person into a cisgender person. But idk.

Trenton

Veteran
I'm not sure if sunconcious/concious identity is real or not. But it does sound plausible. So it could be accurate.

I highly doubt homosexuals can be changed to heterosexual. I haven't seen anyone change into a heterosexual before, nor read about any success that seemed genuine.

However I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been proven they cannot change.

In my heart I don't believe it's likely though.

I honestly do wonder if there would be some kind of (obviously non coercive or cruel) way to coach or therapy someone I to being comfortable being born male or female.

If an intersex individual can percieve their gender, even after being "incorrectly" assigned male or female at birth, and find it incongruent later in life to their gender identity...

I believe it is just as innate how a transgender person can be sure of their internal sense of gender.

However, I would never rule out the possibility that someone is genuinely confused about "how" they "should" feel about their gender.

All cases I've read about where a transexual regretted their reassignment surgery... Were clearly doing it for the wrong reasons or out of confusion.

I wouldn't know but I've read that many transexual people are indeed, still unhappy after gender reassignment.

My thoughts are, they are most likely unhappy because they will never 100% be the sex of the gender they feel.

I doubt the ability to make someone, say a male for instance, who feels like a woman, to fully embrace that they are male, and be comfortable living as a man.

Neither could you do this for a female who feels like a man.

I didn't decide to start medical gender transition until last year. I have been very aware that I felt like a man internally since before I started puberty. So I allowed myself after the age of 15 to dress and identify as male.

I gave up trying my hardest to be a girl. I just could not do it. It was so uncomfortable. I felt LIKE a transvestite when I dressed and tried behaving like a girl.

I gave myself many chances to think long and hard as an adult if I could give living as a woman a chance. I was deeply disturbed every time I tried. I even almost quit testosterone therapy a few months in because I still wasn't sure I gave myself enough time to figure out if it was the right thing to do.

I'm 9 months along now and I don't regret it at all.

But, I would be interested if there were ever successes in the future of "curing" someone feeling the way I have my whole life.

I don't think gender is something nurtured into us however. It is innate to ourselves, whether it's in our soul,spirit,mind whatever.

As the author of the article in the OP said, you cannot "make" someone a boy or girl by raising them as such.

So why do they think you can do this for transgender people??

mecca

Superstar
If an intersex individual can percieve their gender, even after being "incorrectly" assigned male or female at birth, and find it incongruent later in life to their gender identity...
I believe it is just as innate how a transgender person can be sure of their internal sense of gender.
However, I would never rule out the possibility that someone is genuinely confused about "how" they "should" feel about their gender.
I don't think gender is something nurtured into us however. It is innate to ourselves, whether it's in our soul,spirit,mind whatever.
As the author of the article in the OP said, you cannot "make" someone a boy or girl by raising them as such.
So why do they think you can do this for transgender people??
I agree.

Aero

Superstar
The only way someone could actually change their subconscious gender identity is with some serious hypnosis. Like the type of hypnosis that cuts your brain in half. And I think there are some ethical concerns with that. I mean how do you know you are really helping them?

JoChris

Superstar
Does anyone know if intersex people find out if they're genetically male (XY) or female (XX) before they start hormone therapy and gender reaassignment?

Trenton

Veteran
Does anyone know if intersex people find out if they're genetically male (XY) or female (XX) before they start hormone therapy and gender reaassignment?
They can do a genetics test to find out the karyotype.

However most intersex people have xxy chromosomes.

Hardly any intersex people lack a Y chromosome.

It can also be hard to test for these karyotypes. Sometimes there is a genetic chimerisms where some tissues will contain a Y chromosome and other tissues that lack Y chromosomes.

manama

Star
I encourage reading the article below to better understand my questions for this thread.

https://bible.org/article/transgender-truth-and-compassion

" Dr. Paul McHugh, former director of the department of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Hospital, candidly regrets his institution’s complicity with sex-change surgeries. He believes, as the field of medicine has known for a century, that being transgender is not a healthy state. “We psychiatrists… would do better to concentrate on trying to fix their minds and not their genitalia,” he writes. “We have wasted scientific and technical resources and damaged our professional credibility by collaborating with madness rather than trying to study, cure, and ultimately prevent it.”  7"

I want to ask here, hoping to read others thoughts or ideas...

If there was a way to make a transgender person feel mentally like their biological sex's gender, how would this be achieved?

Do you think it is possible?

Do you think it's not possible?

If you do think it is possible, how can it be accomplished?

Another question, do you believe the supposition of this chart is accurate?

View attachment 238

And if so... Regarding transexual individuals... How can you change a concious and subconscious perception someone has of their gender?
This can be achieved by not raising snowflakes. None contradicts their beliefs more than transgenders/sexuals, shows how flawed their "feelings" are.

manama

Star
Well it's been proven that you can't turn a homosexual into a heterosexual so I don't think it's possible to turn a transgender person into a cisgender person. But idk.
because its a personal preference not a biology thing. You can't force someone who loves chocolates and hates vanilla (not sex) to love vanilla more than chocolate. its called their preference.

manama

Star
I'm not sure if sunconcious/concious identity is real or not. But it does sound plausible. So it could be accurate.

I highly doubt homosexuals can be changed to heterosexual. I haven't seen anyone change into a heterosexual before, nor read about any success that seemed genuine.

However I wouldn't go so far as to say it's been proven they cannot change.

In my heart I don't believe it's likely though.

I honestly do wonder if there would be some kind of (obviously non coercive or cruel) way to coach or therapy someone I to being comfortable being born male or female.

Because no one can be assigned wrong sex vs brain thing at birth. Its just not possible. Most people who do "claim" that they are wrong body/brain have absolutely childish and pathetic arguments like.
"i didn't like being feminine and girly" so just because they don't like wearing dresses and prefer pants suddenly they are in wrong body?
"i didn't like having a dick/vagina" you are not supposed to find it visually appealing anyways.
"i always wanted to play with boy toys/ i always wanted to play with dolls" this is the point i slice my throat because stupidity is on the rise.

my personal favorite "Period made me be disgusted at myself" yea because blood coming out of vagina every month for four-seven days is sooooo visually appealing and beautiful and hot and sexy.

The problem isn't really with the gender or sex. These people need serious psychological help like therapy etc, to accept themselves. We tell someone who is fat to accept himself, how the look, their personality etc in everything then why do we not tell people to accept their biological gender.

How do you even define gender?

JoChris

Superstar
They can do a genetics test to find out the karyotype.

However most intersex people have xxy chromosomes.

Hardly any intersex people lack a Y chromosome.

It can also be hard to test for these karyotypes. Sometimes there is a genetic chimerisms where some tissues will contain a Y chromosome and other tissues that lack Y chromosomes.
For people are actually intersex this is an area that IMO can be quite a grey zone. A quick Google search suggests 1 in approximately 2000 people.

But the fact that you need to take male hormones to achieve what you want shows that biologically you are not XY.

What are the long-term affects of taking hormones of your opposite sex (according to your current readings of hormones etc)?

Aero

Superstar
Jungian psychologists identify gender with archetypes. Anima and animus mainly, but that is the short answer. If we look into our history we see certain roles always being either male or female. Like Kings, and Queens. But also a lot of archetypes that don't have any gender identity at all. In fact most archetypes seem to be gender neutral or intersex. And people can end up identifying with any of them. The subconscious is a murky subject, and I think Jung would say a heterosexual is just as sick.

If you don't get the picture, I suggest learning some of the terminology. The most important things for this discussion are all the Cs and As and what they line up to. According to Jung we all have complexes and they all come from archetypes. And there is a lot of territory to cover there.

Etagloc

Superstar
Jung was an occultist. He was a smart guy, sure, but he is not to be trusted.

Etagloc

Superstar
There is help for transgender people. They can be cured. There's been people who found ways to help them but such knowledge contradicts the official narrative and thus has been suppressed.

Etagloc

Superstar
But also, God loves you REGARDLESS. Even if you never manage to acquire the peace and healing you deserve, GOD LOVES YOU UNCONDITIONALLY. There is no one who is not guilty of sin. We all have fallen short. There is no need to feel ashamed. Just repent when you know you've sinned and do yiur best to do what you know is right. GOD LOVES YOU. THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT. GOD LOVES GAYS, TRANSGENDERS, ETC. I don't think he loves their choices but GOD LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, FOR YOU ARE GOD'S CHILD.

rainerann

Star
I think this is a soul searching experience for people who are experiencing it. That's why I usually don't participate in these sort of discussions because I don't have this experience. I have difficult souls searching experiences, but not this one. The answers to these questions are out there, I just don't think people who don't share this experience will find them. Maybe the openness of the subject is because god wants them to have the freedom for this time of soul searching. I do think He can call people for this to serve others with this experience.

For lack of a better comparison, it is like alcoholism. Doctors tried for years to "cure" alcoholism but weren't able to do this. Then, an alcoholic starts a meeting group for alcoholics, and this has become the most effective treatment for alcoholics in history.

I think it will end up something like this and I hope for better solutions for people who experience this than we have now.

Trenton

Veteran
For people are actually intersex this is an area that IMO can be quite a grey zone. A quick Google search suggests 1 in approximately 2000 people.

But the fact that you need to take male hormones to achieve what you want shows that biologically you are not XY.

What are the long-term affects of taking hormones of your opposite sex (according to your current readings of hormones etc)?
Well I for instance was born with a penis and a vagina. No testicles. My womb is severely malformed and I can most likely not carry a child.

I take horemones because I do not have testes.

It makes sense I've always felt like a boy because I am one. I take horemones to give my body vitality it lacks.

Since I started my mood disturbances and psychosis I suffered from has been all but completely erradicated.

I did not know not making sufficient sex horemones in my body could cause mental problems, but this has helped. When traditional antipsychotic medications never helped.

So it is a medical issue which I found a medical treatment for.

I respect xx, and xy, transgender people who choose the same treatment.

I have not had a DNA test personally, because I cannot afford it. But it's pretty obvious I'm not XX since I have a phallus.