How can there be free will when there is universal will?

Zakat

Star
It is logical that all the beauties, pleasures, people, moments, etc, combined can never compare to Him.

It is because of Him that all desires are imaginable.

And even then, such a scenario such as latest technology, women, unlimited wealth, power, etc, can never purchase the faith of a simple believer in God simply because CERTAINTY OF FAITH dictates that the Countenance of God is the aim of anybody simply awaiting death.

Haich

Superstar
Ya, it kinda does. It's a non-comprehensible paradox.

"God sleeps in the rocks, stirs in the plants, dreams in the animals, and finally awakens in man." -- Vedic Quote

"God is real, the universe is unreal, God is the universe." -- Shankara
do you always communicate in quotes? What do you base your claims on?

Flarepath

Star
..Our Creator...He has already seen everything that has ever happened...and that will ever happen (the future)..
That raises the puzzling question as to why God put Abraham to the test by ordering him to kill his son if God already knew that Abraham would pass the test?-
Genesis 22:1-19: "God tested Abraham and said to him, “Take your son, your only son Isaac....and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”....Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son.
But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham...“Do not lay your hand on the boy...for now I know that you fear God..”

rel-Abraham-son.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, if God already knows whether every human will pass our own personal test, what's the point of the test in the first place?
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

Zakat

Star
That raises the puzzling question as to why God put Abraham to the test by ordering him to kill his son if God already knew that Abraham would pass the test?-
Genesis 22:1-19: "God tested Abraham and said to him, “Take your son, your only son Isaac....and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”....Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son.
But the angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham...“Do not lay your hand on the boy...for now I know that you fear God..”

View attachment 95030
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, if God already knows whether every human will pass our own personal test, what's the point of the test in the first place?
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)
It is so that the human may endure simply and draw closer to God over time.

It is His Way of doing things.

Him Already Knowing does mean that we do not know what lies ahead and that we need to persevere, obey, and succeed as your quotes suggest.

God Surely Does Like to see us progress, interact with each other, witness His Goodness and exercise patience over His Trials.

Alanantic

Star
It is either you don't want to complicate your own life or you are too proud, given your advanced age, to think that there could be a better way to follow than the one you are currently on.

That, or you think we are fools to be advising you to delve deeper.

Or what you are on is actually good for you because you are you and everybody is different.

Remain a good soul at all costs.
Sometimes it makes sense to change directions. I used to be a devout Christian.
do you always communicate in quotes? What do you base your claims on?
On the wisest voices this earth has produced, and personal experience.

Flarepath

Star
..God Surely Does Like to see us progress, interact with each other..

If ever I want to "interact" with nonchristians the shrinks can measure me up for a straitjacket..:)
"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Proverbs 13:20)

Last edited:

Haich

Superstar
Sometimes it makes sense to change directions. I used to be a devout Christian.

On the wisest voices this earth has produced, and personal experience.
are you just another atheist lurking on the religious threads?

Alanantic

Star
That makes about as much sense as somebody saying they used to be an Elvis fan but not any more..:)
You seem rather devout. Imagine what it would take for you to change that devotion. For me, it took decades to free myself from that way of thinking.

Flarepath

Star
You seem rather devout. Imagine what it would take for you to change that devotion. For me, it took decades to free myself from that way of thinking.

I simply like Jesus, so why on earth would I ever want to ditch him? If you know anybody better than him please let us know;)

Alanantic

Star
I simply like Jesus, so why on earth would I ever want to ditch him? If you know anybody better than him please let us know;)
I admire Buddha for his intelligence.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path." -- Buddha
I admire Krishna for his straightforwardness.
"When goodness grows weak,
When evil increases,
I make myself a body.
In every age I come back
To deliver the holy,
To destroy the sin of the sinner,
To establish righteousness."
-- Krishna, Bhagavad Gita
They also speak about things much deeper than Jesus was able to. You'd have to read the Gospel of Thomas to hear his deeper teachings.

Flarepath

Star
..They also speak about things much deeper than Jesus was able to. You'd have to read the Gospel of Thomas to hear his deeper teachings.
Ah, but Buddha and Krishna were just ordinary blokes giving us their best guesses and hunches, some of which were okay but others were wide of the mark, but Jesus was giving us GOD's word..:)-
Jesus said - "I only say what my Father tells me to say" (John 12:49)

Alanantic

Star
Ah, but Buddha and Krishna were just ordinary blokes giving us their best guesses and hunches, some of which were okay but others were wide of the mark, but Jesus was giving us GOD's word..:)-
I realize you need to believe that no matter what I say. :cool:

Flarepath

Star
I realize you need to believe that no matter what I say. :cool:

Mate, you can listen to tranny lookalike Krishna instead of Jesus if you like, but include me out..:)
rel-Lord-Krishna.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Spock will you listen to Jesus?
"Affirmative, I'm all ears"
st-Spock-ears.jpg