how to stop autowatching threads?

i dont know if this is how to explain it but

every other random thread i comment in means i have to click unwatch bc it automatically watches it then i get notfis every time someone else posts in it even if i have stopped posting in it for awhile. its quite annoying to the point i just log off if theres nothing worthwhile to post or comment about. we also cant delete accounts either so if i want to use this site less due to there being barely anything new or noteworthy to discuss we cant.

clammertoe

Established
Re your first question: near the top of this page, you should see your username/pic; next to that is a little envelope picture, and a bell icon. Click the bell icon. You will then be in your "ALERTS" options ... uncheck the options. The "auto-watch" option should be self-evident.

As for your second question, you might try creating a new account. I do not know how to delete an account.

I hope that helps!

Re your first question: near the top of this page, you should see your username/pic; next to that is a little envelope picture, and a bell icon. Click the bell icon. You will then be in your "ALERTS" options ... uncheck the options. The "auto-watch" option should be self-evident.

As for your second question, you might try creating a new account. I do not know how to delete an account.

I hope that helps!
thanks very much for the reply! the settings are not that clear on this site its badly designed imho