Is same sex really same sex?

Lisa

Superstar
I was reading an article about an actress in the news today....Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City. She was talking about how she mostly was with men and had never kissed a woman until she met her wife, Christine.

IMG_4280.JPG

So, this is a picture of two women, but notice how one of the women is trying to be male? Dressing as a male and looking the part of a man. Doesn't it give credence then to the fact that its really about men and women together? Even same sex couples want to be a man and a woman it seems?

Lady

Star
Good point, and one that I make quite often also. It is undeniable that God made two genders to procreate and to complement each other.
Two women together and two men together seem to imitate the heterosexual relationship with one adopting the role of the opposite gender to do so.

Lady

Star
I get what you are saying now. There is a difference between someone attracted to the same sex for the attractions of that same sex. As you stated, if a female were attracted to another female because she was feminine-not masculine-she would be same-sex attracted.

A female attracted to a masculine female is attracted for heterosexual reasons-and is not truly same sex attracted.

Is that what you are stating?

Lisa

Superstar
I get what you are saying now. There is a difference between someone attracted to the same sex for the attractions of that same sex. As you stated, if a female were attracted to another female because she was feminine-not masculine-she would be same-sex attracted.

A female attracted to a masculine female is attracted for heterosexual reasons-and is not truly same sex attracted.

Is that what you are stating?
Yes, that and the fact that someone needs to be feminine and someone needs to be male...its two pronged I guess.

Thunderian

Superstar
What I am finding kind of hilarious is how we are being told that gender is a social construct, but that we should celebrate transexuals. If gender doesn't exist, what is anyone transitioning into? Why fight for equality of the sexes when there is no difference between them? Why feminism?

Also, have you heard about the dude who transitioned and entered a women's weightlifting competition? Nailed it! Or the rapist who got a sex change and has been transferred to a women's prison? How brave! How progressive! How ridiculous!

Lisa

Superstar
What I am finding kind of hilarious is how we are being told that gender is a social construct, but that we should celebrate transexuals. If gender doesn't exist, what is anyone transitioning into? Why fight for equality of the sexes when there is no difference between them? Why feminism?

Also, have you heard about the dude who transitioned and entered a women's weightlifting competition? Nailed it! Or the rapist who got a sex change and has been transferred to a women's prison? How brave! How progressive! How ridiculous!
Ya, I've seen both things. Insanity rules these days and people think it's normal! :rolleyes:

TMT

Star
Yes, that and the fact that someone needs to be feminine and someone needs to be male...its two pronged I guess.
Maybe for Mrs Nixon, or lesbians who are attracted to more masculine women than themselves, find the blend of femininity behind the masculinity appealing?

I have had many friends who are "butch" lesbians, and they are masculine women but they are still women.

Leviathan

Established
I believe that as well. Sorry if it makes me look bigoted, but people say they want to get rid of traditional gender roles like "blue is for boys, pink is for girls, girls play with Barbies, boys play with Hot Wheels, girls can cry, boys have to be emotionless robots, etc." So they change their name, buy a whole new set of clothes, pump themselves full of hormones, get a surgery, etc., to conform to the standards they claim they want to abolish. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I feel like everyone is different and has a different personality. Some women may not care one bit about fashion and some men don't really like sports. It's okay. It doesn't mean those women and men aren't women and men. I think the media has some people fooled into thinking they were born into the wrong body just because their personalities don't necessarily fit neatly into a little box. Though for some it could be legitimate. I suppose everyone has to live their own life and do whatever feels right to them, whatever that may be.

Aero

Superstar
Pretty sure there was someone born male allowed to compete in a wrestling tournament too. And that one was sanctioned by a school. I have strong opinions about cheating and hypocrisy in sports. I'm basically convinced they are all doping, and a lot of sports are fixed for the gamblers.

Imagine if the UFC let someone born male beat up a woman. They might as well with all the doping going on. They might as well just let every athlete do what they want. At least we would know it's actually fair.

Loki

Established
I was reading an article about an actress in the news today....Cynthia Nixon of Sex and the City. She was talking about how she mostly was with men and had never kissed a woman until she met her wife, Christine.

View attachment 13

So, this is a picture of two women, but notice how one of the women is trying to be male? Dressing as a male and looking the part of a man. Doesn't it give credence then to the fact that its really about men and women together? Even same sex couples want to be a man and a woman it seems?
This is a HUGE generalization. Some women prefer to be with other women who are more masculine in how they appear and act, and some women prefer women who look like traditional women. Same goes for gay men, and the same goes for straight men and women. It's personal preference, and everyone's is different.

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
Exactly, she's more masculine...if they were really two same sex interested women, they would still be feminine...is my point. But no, one always needs to be masculine.
Well as I said earlier, one definitely does not have to be masculine. Also some gay ladies might be interested in a masculine woman but not a man because a masculine woman is still just a woman.

mecca

Superstar
Pretty sure there was someone born male allowed to compete in a wrestling tournament too. And that one was sanctioned by a school. I have strong opinions about cheating and hypocrisy in sports. I'm basically convinced they are all doping, and a lot of sports are fixed for the gamblers.

Imagine if the UFC let someone born male beat up a woman. They might as well with all the doping going on. They might as well just let every athlete do what they want. At least we would know it's actually fair.
Yeah that's not fair at all. The whole point of separating male and female tournaments is to make it a fair fight.

mecca

Superstar
people say they want to get rid of traditional gender roles like "blue is for boys, pink is for girls, girls play with Barbies, boys play with Hot Wheels, girls can cry, boys have to be emotionless robots, etc." So they change their name, buy a whole new set of clothes, pump themselves full of hormones, get a surgery, etc., to conform to the standards they claim they want to abolish. It doesn't make any sense to me.
Those things really aren't related. People who want to stop enforcing dumb gender roles like "boys can't have feelings" and "pink is a girl color", don't do it by transitioning into the opposite sex. Gender roles and transgender issues are connected but not really the same thing and they have different solutions.

Loki

Established

A conspiracy theorist who thinks everything is rigged and everyone is cheating?

Just messing with ya! :p

mecca

Superstar
Some women may not care one bit about fashion and some men don't really like sports. It's okay. It doesn't mean those women and men aren't women and men.
Exactly.
just because their personalities don't necessarily fit neatly into a little box.
That's why people want to stop enforcing silly gender roles that make no sense. No one should care if a boy likes the color pink or a girl likes to play with cars. Also I think the social construct aspect of gender people are referring to is the part that says "just because you're a girl/guy you have to do [blank]". And the blank would be filled in with gender roles.