Isaiah = "The Little Bible"

floss

Star
This is an interesting parallel, 66 chapters in Isaiah and 66 books in the Bible.

Genesis 1:1King James Version (KJV) - Book #1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Isaiah 1:2King James Version (KJV) - Chapter 1
2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

Matthew 3:1King James Version (KJV) - Book #40
3 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

Isaiah 40:3King James Version (KJV) - Chapter 40
3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Isaiah 43:10-11King James Version (KJV) - Chapter 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.

John 8:24King James Version (KJV) - Book #43
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Isaiah 45:9King James Version (KJV) - Chapter 45
9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
Romans 9:20-21King James Version (KJV) - Book #45
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Isaiah 66:22-24King James Version (KJV) - Chapter 66
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Revelation 21:1King James Version (KJV) - Book #66
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

@Kais_1 probably get a kick out of this...

Last edited: