Jen Lawrence ≃ Red Sparrow

Major Blood

Rookie

Dominika Egorova is many things: A devoted daughter determined to protect her mother at all costs. A prima ballerina whose ferocity has pushed her body and mind to the absolute limit. A master of seductive and manipulative combat.

When she suffers a career-ending injury, Dominika and her mother are facing a bleak and uncertain future. That is why she finds herself manipulated into becoming the newest recruit for Sparrow School, a secret intelligence service that trains exceptional young people like her to use their bodies and minds as weapons.

After enduring the perverse and sadistic training process, she emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow the program has ever produced. Dominika must now reconcile the person she was with the power she now commands, with her own life and everyone she cares about at risk, including an American CIA agent who tries to convince her he is the only person she can trust...

Aero

Superstar
It's probably real, @Aero. I don't think I have the resources to make up a fictitious movie by myself
Lol well it can be done on the cheap. People do make up spoofs all the time.
Was Bourne a mind controlled murder-slave?
Well he goes rogue, so the mind control doesn't really work. Plus it's eventually discovered he volunteered for the whole thing. I think that was kind of a lame attempt at making the theme more digestible for the masses.

They can't be making the government look too terrible. Even in a movie where they are the only villains.

Karlysymon

Superstar

Dominika Egorova is many things: A devoted daughter determined to protect her mother at all costs. A prima ballerina whose ferocity has pushed her body and mind to the absolute limit. A master of seductive and manipulative combat.

When she suffers a career-ending injury, Dominika and her mother are facing a bleak and uncertain future. That is why she finds herself manipulated into becoming the newest recruit for Sparrow School, a secret intelligence service that trains exceptional young people like her to use their bodies and minds as weapons.

After enduring the perverse and sadistic training process, she emerges as the most dangerous Sparrow the program has ever produced. Dominika must now reconcile the person she was with the power she now commands, with her own life and everyone she cares about at risk, including an American CIA agent who tries to convince her he is the only person she can trust...
What i see here is...Spooks took a page out of the Navy's book.

"Numerous critics complained that the movie largely amounted to a Navy
recruitment film. The U.S. Navy stated that the film's popularity resulted in a 500 percent increase in the number of recruits wanting to enter into their aviation program. Paramount offered to include a
Navy Recruitment ad on the initial home video release in exchange for debits owed the
U.S. Navy for their cooperation.
However, the ad agency who produced ads for the U.S. Military informed the Pentagon that the movie itself was enough of a propaganda tool,
and that an official recruiting ad would be redundant."

So, the economy is bad where you are. Are your parents out of a job? Don't know where your next meal is going to come from? Well, there is an intelligence outfit waiting with open arms. Viewer Beware...

Last edited:

Major Blood

Rookie
What i see here is...Spooks took a page out of the Navy's book.

So, the economy is bad where you are. Are your parents out of a job? Don't know where your next meal is going to come from? Well, there is an intelligence outfit waiting with open arms. Viewer Beware...
I hope you're not suggesting Jennifer Lawrence is a compromised individual in some way. :confused:

And if she were... clearly it wouldn't have anything to do with The Fappening.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I hope you're not suggesting Jennifer Lawrence is a compromised individual in some way. :confused:

And if she were... clearly it wouldn't have anything to do with The Fappening.
Well, she could be compromised. I mean, we have a precedent...

...with the Fappening having nothing to do with it. In these cases, life very often imitates art (Jolie in Salt and Jen Garner)

My point was, if you are going to sit down and 'enjoy' this movie, keep in mind that it is to me, as a female, what Top Gun was to an 18-25yo male back in '86, a recruitment tool. From the synopsis, bleak prospects made her vulnerable. Obviously, there are lots of struggling females in real life and this will speak to them. TPTB are going to need a lot of snitches during the collapse. To add, this appeal to females is interesting because recent dystopian tv shows/movies depict males as weak....(alpha females and beta males).

If you think that this isn't propaganda/for recruitment, the tv show ALIAS is an example.
New C.I.A. Recruiting Video Features’ Alias’ Star

and
https://us.hellomagazine.com/film/2003/08/29/jennifergarner/

Major Blood

Rookie

My point was, if you are going to sit down and 'enjoy' this movie, keep in mind that it is to me, as a female, what Top Gun was to an 18-25yo male back in '86, a recruitment tool. From the synopsis, bleak prospects made her vulnerable. Obviously, there are lots of struggling females in real life and this will speak to them. TPTB are going to need a lot of snitches during the collapse. To add, this appeal to females is interesting because recent dystopian tv shows/movies depict males as weak....(alpha females and beta males).

If you think that this isn't propaganda/for recruitment, the tv show ALIAS is an example.

and
https://us.hellomagazine.com/film/2003/08/29/jennifergarner/
All within the realm of believability. I just wouldn't be so sure that the Fappening was unrelated... as opposed to yet another means to humiliate, threaten and take otherwise influential people off their pedestals enough to still be under someone else's control.,

mecca

Superstar

Wtf...

Major Blood

Rookie

BBC: Jennifer Lawrence swaps acting for activism

She's an Oscar winner and one of the world's highest-paid actresses but now Jennifer Lawrence is turning her back on Hollywood - for a year, anyway.

The Hunger Games star is taking 12 months off acting to get more "young people engaged politically". Lawrence was speaking to ET about her upcoming film Red Sparrow - her last before she takes a sabbatical.

Karlysymon

Superstar