Kpop Satanic/Illuminati Influence

arhur12

Star
Oh yeah, i used to read a lot of manga and watch anime and even tried some webtoons. The quality between good manga and webtoons is still quite big although webtoons can be enjoyable. There are lot of korean dramas on streaming services nowadays. I notice a lot of repetitive plots in both their webtoons and their dramas. Unrealistic romance with a very rich handsome dude that somehow is still a virgin and some random girl. It gets old and the plot quickly loses its charm after you’ve seen enough. In addition, .a lot of manga and especially korean webtoons are heavily inspired by European rennaisance and
Victorian culture. I don’t know how many times anime has appropriated Christianity and gotten away with it. Now if it were the other way around, the mob would be screaming at the top of their lungs.

There are a few good kdramas and movies out there, i give credit where it is due, ones from more introspective and talented writers. The Glory and Squid Game for example although overhyped were original stories that talked about their societal problems without sugarcoating it. Hollyweird used to produce some quality stuff in the past (along with the trash) such as the old Simpsons. Lately been tanking for the most part. Remakes where they race and gender swap characters to just to be woke. How many times do they plan on releasing and the 100th remake of Spider Man ijbol. Thank god there is more space for work from other parts of the world including Britain, Europe, Asia latin America etc. But overall it seems that many have ran out of original ideas or they are delibrately putting out trash and shallow work for quick profit ( and keeping the masses dumb).
The first K-drama I watched was IRIS. That show was a crime, thriller and the plot was really good but it never became as popular as these other rom-com shows. A lot of Korean shows that became popular globally were influenced by Japanese Manga and western dramas. That's why it irritates me when Koreaboos pretend like Korea is the greatest country in the world. Their pop culture is very derivative and shallow.

As someone, who was into Anime during my teenage years I have tried to get into webtoons quite a few times but I can't because most webtoons, even the famous ones, are not that good compared to Mangas. I dislike the Japanese because of their colonial past and their government but I have to admit they have more originality than Koreans.

RecievingA

Star
There are a few good kdramas and movies out there, i give credit where it is due, ones from more introspective and talented writers. The Glory and Squid Game for example although overhyped were original stories that talked about their societal problems without sugarcoating it. Hollyweird used to produce some quality stuff in the past (along with the trash) such as the old Simpsons. Lately been tanking for the most part. Remakes where they race and gender swap characters to just to be woke. How many times do they plan on releasing and the 100th remake of Spider Man ijbol. Thank god there is more space for work from other parts of the world including Britain, Europe, Asia latin America etc. But overall it seems that many have ran out of original ideas or they are delibrately putting out trash and shallow work for quick profit ( and keeping the masses dumb).
That's mainly why people have been fleeing to K-Culture. It's like back in the 80's and 90's when anyone could appropriate a culture and it was seen as an homage or stylistic choice and not "stealing". There was no need for quotas. People wanted to watch hot people get together in escapism. Not be reminded of real life.

Truthteller

Veteran
The first K-drama I watched was IRIS. That show was a crime, thriller and the plot was really good but it never became as popular as these other rom-com shows. A lot of Korean shows that became popular globally were influenced by Japanese Manga and western dramas. That's why it irritates me when Koreaboos pretend like Korea is the greatest country in the world. Their pop culture is very derivative and shallow.

As someone, who was into Anime during my teenage years I have tried to get into webtoons quite a few times but I can't because most webtoons, even the famous ones, are not that good compared to Mangas. I dislike the Japanese because of their colonial past and their government but I have to admit they have more originality than Koreans.
The Japanese definitely have way more originality, by a large margin and I have said before that they have maintained more cultural integrity. There is nothing wrong with being inspired by other cultures or copying aspects of them as long as you bring something new to the table, not just outright copying whatever is trendy in the west. However that may have been the reason they were export their stuff so well, because western culture is dominant, it cannot be denied. The symbolism in stuff from kpop to dramas and movies coming from SK is extreme as seen on this website, they have totally bowed down to the global elite that desire a ”one world rule.”

Why do people glorify SK? Life there seems like hell for the average middle class person and even worse for poor people:
Highest suicide rate in the world
High rates of lonely deaths in young people
People working insane hours to make ends meet or because they have a toxic work culture. Same goes for Japan. Nobody likes working in those countries.
One of the highest alcholism rates
Spending the most money on plastic surgery and luxury goods while being to afford .
Lowest fertility rate in the world meaning they will die out soon cause nobody is having kids.

Glorifying effeminization of men while having no gaydar because fruity celebs are so normalized there.
No words
1701686749351.jpeg
1701686999836.jpeg
Is this is man or a woman?
Looks like gender non binary lord Farquad
1701687506674.jpeg
Who is this appealing to?

1701687813650.jpeg

Last edited:

RecievingA

Star
Why do people glorify SK? Life there seems like hell for the average middle class person and even worse for poor people:
South Korea is glorified by the West because it's more controlled by the West.

Think of Jungkooks recent releases. In relation to the US, it's ancient. It harkens back to the 90's, 2000's, 2010's. Did you know most of Jungkooks releases have a version with the US guest artist removed? Even when K-pop artists go to America, most don't want to even listen to current American artists. Most of the BTS fans loved the Jungkook song without any guest artists the most.

Truthteller

Veteran
South Korea is glorified by the West because it's more controlled by the West.

Think of Jungkooks recent releases. In relation to the US, it's ancient. It harkens back to the 90's, 2000's, 2010's. Did you know most of Jungkooks releases have a version with the US guest artist removed? Even when K-pop artists go to America, most don't want to even listen to current American artists. Most of the BTS fans loved the Jungkook song without any guest artists the most.

What is your point? The songs I have heard sound a collection of rejects from JB, the Weeknd etc that $cooter Braun collected for him after all his clients left. Cheap gimmick of Justin Timberlake and Bieber. Bt$ fans will eat anything up, though this guy has lost all respect for excessive chart manipulation and fraud by everyone else in a failed attempt to make him the next Timberlake.

Last edited:

RecievingA

Star
What is your point? The songs I have heard sound a collection of rejects from JB, the Weeknd etc that $cooter Braun collected for him after all his clients left. Cheap gimmick of Justin Timberlake and Bieber. Bt$ fans will eat anything up, though this guy has lost all respect for excessive chart manipulation and fraud.
Yes, and K-pop homages are still better than what's offered currently in the top 40 from the US.

Truthteller

Veteran
Yes, and K-pop homages are still better than what's offered currently in the top 40 from the US.
Top 40 is more meaningless than ever and doesn’t even reflect what most people actually listen to with more options being available than ever before. You do realize that 40+ Americans that make those top 40 songs wrote and produced the songs for this guy as as well ijbol. Still kpop is not even better than those top 40 otherwise they wouldn’t be spending millions buying songs from US UK and Scandinavia.

Last edited:

RecievingA

Star
Top 40 is more meaningless than ever and doesn’t even reflect what most people actually listen to with more options being available than ever before. You do realize that 40+ Americans that make those shitty top 40 songs wrote and produced the songs for this guy as as well ijbol. Still kpop is not even better than those top 40 otherwise they wouldn’t be spending millions buying songs from US UK ans Scandinavia.
When did I say Kpop was better than every music genre? That's asinine.

Truthteller

Veteran
When did I say Kpop was better than every music genre? That's asinine.
What makes J K low quality generic pop music that is mass produced by 40+ American/western music writers & producers any different or perhaps better than the current top 40?
There is good pop, but this ain’t it.

Last edited:

arhur12

Star
Does it matter if they are homages? They aren't bringing anything new to the table. SK built its entire music industry by stealing from other cultures. The songs these idols sing are written by American and European producers, the choreographers are black people, the songwriters too are often western people and the only thing Korean is the lyrics. However, now most groups are starting to release songs in English too so soon K-pop will become pop like Bang PD said. These idols get way too much credit. A lot of them like BT$ are worse singers than popular American singers. They don't contribute in production of their albums and they lip sync most of their live stages. The only thing they are good at is dancing and fan service. I would argue even dancers in K-pop are quite overrated. Sure, most idols can dance better than most western singers but the best Kpop dancers cannot compete with best black dancers like MJ, Janet Jackson etc.

RecievingA

Star
Does it matter if they are homages? They aren't bringing anything new to the table. SK built its entire music industry by stealing from other cultures. The songs these idols sing are written by American and European producers, the choreographers are black people, the songwriters too are often western people and the only thing Korean is the lyrics. However, now most groups are starting to release songs in English too so soon K-pop will become pop like Bang PD said. These idols get way too much credit. A lot of them like BT$ are worse singers than popular American singers. They don't contribute in production of their albums and they lip sync most of their live stages. The only thing they are good at is dancing and fan service. I would argue even dancers in K-pop are quite overrated. Sure, most idols can dance better than most western singers but the best Kpop dancers cannot compete with best black dancers like MJ, Janet Jackson etc.
I think thats very black and white thinking. As if other cultures or races are just inherently inferior and could never create anything of worth. Even if they had inspiration from musicians of the past. As if every Western artist just ignored their forebears and instantly came up with their own original stuff,

It feels quite ignorant.

arhur12

Star
The Japanese definitely have way more originality, by a large margin and I have said before that they have maintained more cultural integrity. There is nothing wrong with being inspired by other cultures or copying aspects of them as long as you bring something new to the table, not just outright copying whatever is trendy in the west. However that may have been the reason they were export their stuff so well, because western culture is dominant, it cannot be denied. The symbolism in stuff from kpop to dramas and movies coming from SK is extreme as seen on this website, they have totally bowed down to the global elite that desire a ”one world rule.”

Highest suicide rate in the world
High rates of lonely deaths in young people
People working insane hours to make ends meet or because they have a toxic work culture. Same goes for Japan. Nobody likes working in those countries.
One of the highest alcholism rates
Spending the most money on plastic surgery and luxury goods while being to afford .
Lowest fertility rate in the world meaning they will die out soon cause nobody is having kids.

Glorifying effeminization of men while having no gayday because fruity celebs are so normalized there.
No words
View attachment 97654
View attachment 97656
Is this is man or a woman?
Looks like gender non binary lord Farquad
View attachment 97659
Who is this appealing to?

View attachment 97663
They just look at what is trending in America and then try to make Korean copies of it. Most K-pop idols do queerbaiting to pander to the LGBTQ community.

I am South Asian and we don't have a concept of cultural appropriation. When someone wears our traditional clothes or hairstyles we think its cute and more like cultural appreciation and the same is true for other Asian countries I believe. However, what is happening in K-pop is different. These companies are not just taking inspiration. They are literally making carbon copies of western songs but then cry when Grammys snub them and music critics call K-pop unoriginal. There is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from other cultures as long as they are adding something original to it.

Truthteller

Veteran
I think thats very black and white thinking. As if other cultures or races are just inherently inferior and could never create anything of worth. Even if they had inspiration from musicians of the past. As if every Western artist just ignored their forebears and instantly came up with their own original stuff,

It feels quite ignorant.
Yes they don’t care about western validation despite trying to become western artists, yet keep releasing remixes and versions with western artists to chart

Even south korean music critics are ashamed of Kpop copying other artist’s identity

They just look at what is trending in America and then try to make Korean copies of it. Most K-pop idols do queerbaiting to pander to the LGBTQ community.

They are literally making carbon copies of western songs but then cry when Grammys snub them and music critics call K-pop unoriginal. There is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from other cultures as long as they are adding something original to it.
As I said wise Koreans are not happy about this, see the review i posted. Having no identity or originality of your own is not good.

Last edited:

arhur12

Star

It feels quite ignorant.
The problem is not them taking inspiration. 2nd Gen kpop was literally copy paste of western songs. A lot of "classic" kpop hits of the past were songs written by Western artists which were bought by Korean companies. Then, they made some changes in instrumentations and translated the lyrics to Korean while keeping the same melodies. There is nothing legally wrong with this but it does come off as cheap because why can't they make their own songs??Not only that, a lot of K-pop groups are basically Korean versions of western bands and artists. I posted a twitter thread about it earlier. Let me repost it here.

We aren't saying Koreans can't make good music. There are talented Korean musicians who make really good music. But, most of these people are not K-pop Idols. If you want to listen to good Korean artists who make their own music you can check out the likes of Baek Yerin, AKMU, IU, etc. I have also praised Japanese for taking inspiration from western music but not blatantly copying everything. I have listened to some Jpop and Japanese music does not sound like western music. They have different chord progressions and instrumentations. There is nothing wrong with taking inspiration. What is wrong is giving kpop idols too much credit for doing the bare minimum while shitting on other country artists.

RecievingA

Star
We aren't saying Koreans can't make good music. There are talented Korean musicians who make really good music. But, most of these people are not K-pop Idols. If you want to listen to good Korean artists who make their own music you can check out the likes of Baek Yerin, AKMU, IU, etc.
That's why it's called K-Pop though, and not K-Contemporary or K-Alternative Rock

Journal atlas

Rookie
What is your point? The songs I have heard sound a collection of rejects from JB, the Weeknd etc that $cooter Braun collected for him after all his clients left. Cheap gimmick of Justin Timberlake and Bieber. Bt$ fans will eat anything up, though this guy has lost all respect for excessive chart manipulation and fraud by everyone else in a failed attempt to make him the next Timberlake.
I was just thinking about how it's obvious scooter is trying to recoup his losses after loosing ariana and demi who may have sold their likeness or plan to sell their catalogue's like justin did and use the money and retire. Kpop idols are more plentiful, take way less money to fund and are doing deals where they take up to 90 percent of all earnings that's worse than rappers in america. The upfront money even top companies give out isn't known due to secrecy but it's most likely not what american labels give. Super m inked a 5 million dollar w capitol records1701715975395.png (spearheaded by Lsm and his nephew)

which is kinda normal for an american artist but it was framed like something crazy, idols get money from sponsorships and what not, but music is known to not pay well for them. They don't write, produce, choreograph and even when they do it's not really that good so they aren't making tons of money off it. Justin has writing credits on some of his most popular/ critically acclaimed songs, whereas most idols do not. A large majority of their music is rehashed from a rehash they aren't getting much if anything off of it. Jk's music sounded like jb rejects cause most likely they were. Could of been songs justin had a hand in writing himself but labels can use anything made and unused by their artists. Jordin sparks once wrote a song for herself called the way and ariana wanted it so she got it and it became a big hit. This happens all the time. Idols do not spend much time working on their craft and are most likely discouraged by their managers/ owners from doing too much of anything. They want them to be as reliant on the label as possible.

Journal atlas

Rookie
That's why it's called K-Pop though, and not K-Contemporary or K-Alternative Rock
But even american pop artists have made and contributed to their own music the genesis of pop music started in america and even the cookie cutter pushed by the industry people were without a doubt talented and able to compose or at least actually sing and perform well. The difference is the social and politcal structure in Korea and the overbearing dominance of the chaebols,
1701719590902.png
kids from wealthy families come first no doubt and there is no room for other people who don't have connections or funding from those families.

Fact is it's a very small pool of people who are barely able to do high school theater level performances because unlike america which is huge and has lots of people who are genuinely talented in everyday life so they know they have to make stars that can SING acapella on point nobody can question their talent. It's why they had a baby justin beiber singin on the street like a pauper they had to prove he could actually sing.

they have no competition nada, zilch, none at all and they know it. Not because they don't exist but because of the chaebol system nobody is above them and there's and after the economic crisis they don't want them to leave Korea and go somewhere else so their family and their picked apples will always be treated well. As simply as mommy's little boy/girl wants to be a star. Make them a group and I'll invest in this worthless company. It's really and truly as simple as that. This explains why some idols don't work for years but are still millionaires and don't look stressed but in america if an actor doesn't work for a few years you'll see them doing any and everything. If these idols were as poor as they claimed to be as children they wouldn't be so lazy, so comfortable so unbothered by anything and everything. They pick and choose what they want to do. I've seen people wonder how an unbooked and not busy idol could reject stuff they don't feel like doing. Because it's not for the money it's a play circus for them. Their worries as an idol is the most worried they've ever been or ever will be in their lives.
1701719770264.png
(The high rate of lipsynching and poor choreography amongst idols when live make no sense when they train for sometimes over a decade in some cases unless it's just something to make people think they fought to get their spot in these coveted companies when the reality is they are chosen from wealthy families.)

It's a smaller country than America is and very proud of it's originality despite historically taking a lot from even their own neighbours while swearing to the heavens they did not. This attitude persists even to this day. So much so that they feel they can take from others while giving little to no credit because they've been doing it for so long. They genuinely feel that since they or their puppets in their mind are doing it better that there is no need to ever credit anyone beside the obvious in which they'd get sued if they didn't.

Sm was forced to give Louis Tomlinsin credit after the similarites to his song back to you and loveshot were found but there are many times
1701719988714.png
This has happened many times and I believe if Louis wasn't a member of one direction his name wouldn't of been added. Why?
1701720212752.png

1701720398224.png
Now one may be able to write this off as simply cultural sharing and just a cute source of inspo. But looking at sm artists long history of just ick towards poc's of pretty much every diaspora it's in very poor taste. Even down to the choreography which feature a variety of black originated dance moves that have never and will never be copywritten because most black people don't even think of copywriting something that's simply just a form of expression yet these companies don't hesitate to copyright material that's known to originally someone else's. But people think it's simply cute and them being pro black but it's not they are pro money. Where energy flows money goes. All to seem cool and make money yet they did not start this it's simply a case of copying worked for the people over there so let's try it.

1701719539194.png
Elvis for example it's very well known and even shown in his bio film w austin butler his musical inspiration/ dancing style overall persona came from encountering negro spirituals as a child. The reason why they can say this in a 2022 film and not in say in the 1970s,80s, 90s or even really talk about it in recent years in such a broad display of truth not simply hinting at it or talking about it for 2 seconds as a joke. Is because the political and social climate did not call for that conversation to be had back then. Similar to how K-pop seems to have amnesia concerning the history of where got the hallyu wave got it's inspiration, american pop music icons for decades were mentioned without any notions that their inspiration being black musicians at least not just as a passing comment but a real think piece way like the elvis movie portrayed. It's not really about saying a whole race being untalented there are talented people everywhere it just so happens in Korea it's just a different ball game. They are homogenous in pretty much all ways and not only don't want to have a plethora of different types of people in their country they are very much against it. Which is fine because that's their choice.

But seeing that they also when they are running low on ideas seem to think peeking over at either black musican's work/ or white musicians/dancers(oh god the dance move theft is so real in korea) who are more open minded and able to come up with ideas inspired by other cultures and write a little check and make a thinly veiled carbon copy that they will look back on as fully their creation never inviting or showcasing to the world any good relations with these artist they take from.

It leaves a poor taste in everyone's mouth seeing that many were desperate to use racism guilt tactics to get kpop to the top, telling people to lower their defenses and show love to this other culture but they culturally historically time after time after time, not only do they not extend that same respect but show disrespect after they have gotten the clout, views, attention that they desire.

It makes everyone a lot more judgmental of their work retrospectively because of the large contradictions present when you look at the art and impact of kpop coupled with the campaigns of love peace and global acceptance when bullying culturally is a massive problem in asia. So of course idols brought up in asia will bully and pick on one another even as adults for something as simple as skin color. Resulting in fans feeling gaslit and confused how their nice meow meow could be so cruel.

There's a large underbelly to why people pick apart kpop so meticulously and it is somewhat to do with music but also deeper. 1960s music is fine and dandy, catchy and nice to listen to but knowing many of those songs were taken whitewashed and promoted over black musicians who made the original it's distasteful when looking at the full picture. The movie hairspray displays this wonderfully. The main character Tracy catapulted to fame by copying a dance style popularized by black people, when they could only dance one day a month on negro day. A special day set apart just for them just to prove the company wasn't racist and blacks and white would both watch the show giving them money.

I feel like the black idols kpop pushes in particular the 1 per group is very similar. Back in the day it was the 1 or 2 tan member but due to globalization they are trying to maximize profits totally biting off of what japan did decades ago which is bring in half black/half white/south american people to improve their catalogue I believe on jpop group in the 90s had a half peruvian member. So Kpop is only doing what similar business ventures have done in the past.

1701718586573.png

So I do understand the feeling that people may not give other races enough credit being that anyone can make art. This is true. But historically black people have put a large emphasis on creativity, music, dancing, even when it was a danger to their own lives, they made a way to encorporate spirituality into everything. Native americans at one point could of been taken off the planet if they did certain spiritual dances they still did it. So now that it makes money and other cultures are doing it half for fun and half to make a profit, it's important to go into the history of it and think before it made money who was still doing it passionately, with devotion.

(it's important to note the effect imperialism had on asia, and it's attitude towards racial purity the mindset behind pushing lighter skin and eurocentricity particularly around the world war two era that has much to do with what you are seeing now and the racism and colorism that persists in asia it's deeper than even I can get into in one post. The capitalism mixed with imperialism mixed in with colorism which ties into racial purity ideas that seeped into asia even deeper than it already was pre the kickstart of globalism via the world wars and whatnot. Black were not only taboo racially, culturally, and possibly even spiritually in asia but afroindigenous/darker people's and their practices were whitewashed heavily to the point of many things that orignated with them in other countries have been rewritten causing a 'we never knew you' attitude from people who may have historically had ties with black peoples and their cultures in the past. This is most seen in how far east asian people treat south east asians when genetically speaking they are cousins basically. But culturally they act like they are the dirt beneath their feat and anyone with features similar to their's should hurry to the plastic surgery office as quickly as can be to fix said features.)

Mainly black and indigenous cultures. It's human to create art but some people do hold it nearer and dearer to their hearts and souls. Pop music in general is the collection of various influences of music mainly rnb, hip hop, rock all of which emphasize heavy beats and drums and rhythms that got its start during the blues era. There is no such thing as POP music it is simply POPular music. Popular music that tends to draw people in would be mainly rhythmic dance music; honestly this could go on for hours going into the genesis of what music really is and why it is used to attract people and who really holds claim to what it's endless.

The truth is the truth though one would have to go to other people and buy something that they can't for whatever reason come up with on their own. Nobody forces these Korean companies to buy black people's artwork and put korean lyrics on it they do it themselves. They could easily do what many other artists in asia do and come up with cord progressions on their own. Nobody forces them to dress of dance a certain way either. They could do something completely different.

The same could be said for western artists as well but maybe the difference at least in modern day is a western artist will actually work with black people openly and be seen in the same room with them.
1701722383806.png

While Korean companies don't want their fans to even think about that happening. Lots of behind the scenes with exo yet few of their fans know how many samples they have used from black artists, how many black artists they have worked with that have to say on their personal instagrams they worked with said artists. Yet these fans could name every song their artists have put their name on for inserting like one lyric.The truth is they typically don't because apart of the illusion is simply never showing their connection to these black artists. So their fans will continue to praise them for making such good music. If those fans cared even slightly about the truth they only need to do a simple google search but most will not. The article I found concerning the kokobop comparison had no comments and a few poc's have discussed it on tiktok but no larger conversation. Because even doing so may hurt the fragile ego many of them have. It is not insulting to anyone to sample or have a producer help you out if you're low on ideas. We all are here to help and assist one another in this life. But it's simply shameful to perpetuate the fraudulent image of being a mastermind like many of these k-producers, ceo's and idols make themselves seem like. Sadly even when they do say where the inspo comes from fans avert their eyes and turn up their noses waiting for the uncomfortable conversation to be over. Nobody needs to bow down to another race or anything but seeing as though their are still legions of fans that will dox or get evidence concerning their idols around black people taken down it's clear there's some type of deep seeded hate their. Completely unwarranted because the average black person doesn't care who copies black people and how much money they make doing it. They have other problems. I understand people being a little harsh on kpop's validity and quality because it's about basic respect. They give none sometimes less than none so they tend to get little to none in return.

Attachments

e-Enoch

Superstar
But even american pop artists have made and contributed to their own music the genesis of pop music started in america and even the cookie cutter pushed by the industry people were without a doubt talented and able to compose or at least actually sing and perform well. The difference is the social and politcal structure in Korea and the overbearing dominance of the chaebols,
View attachment 97692
kids from wealthy families come first no doubt and there is no room for other people who don't have connections or funding from those families.

Fact is it's a very small pool of people who are barely able to do high school theater level performances because unlike america which is huge and has lots of people who are genuinely talented in everyday life so they know they have to make stars that can SING acapella on point nobody can question their talent. It's why they had a baby justin beiber singin on the street like a pauper they had to prove he could actually sing.

they have no competition nada, zilch, none at all and they know it. Not because they don't exist but because of the chaebol system nobody is above them and there's and after the economic crisis they don't want them to leave Korea and go somewhere else so their family and their picked apples will always be treated well. As simply as mommy's little boy/girl wants to be a star. Make them a group and I'll invest in this worthless company. It's really and truly as simple as that. This explains why some idols don't work for years but are still millionaires and don't look stressed but in america if an actor doesn't work for a few years you'll see them doing any and everything. If these idols were as poor as they claimed to be as children they wouldn't be so lazy, so comfortable so unbothered by anything and everything. They pick and choose what they want to do. I've seen people wonder how an unbooked and not busy idol could reject stuff they don't feel like doing. Because it's not for the money it's a play circus for them. Their worries as an idol is the most worried they've ever been or ever will be in their lives.
View attachment 97694
(The high rate of lipsynching and poor choreography amongst idols when live make no sense when they train for sometimes over a decade in some cases unless it's just something to make people think they fought to get their spot in these coveted companies when the reality is they are chosen from wealthy families.)

It's a smaller country than America is and very proud of it's originality despite historically taking a lot from even their own neighbours while swearing to the heavens they did not. This attitude persists even to this day. So much so that they feel they can take from others while giving little to no credit because they've been doing it for so long. They genuinely feel that since they or their puppets in their mind are doing it better that there is no need to ever credit anyone beside the obvious in which they'd get sued if they didn't.

Sm was forced to give Louis Tomlinsin credit after the similarites to his song back to you and loveshot were found but there are many times
View attachment 97695
This has happened many times and I believe if Louis wasn't a member of one direction his name wouldn't of been added. Why?
View attachment 97696

View attachment 97697
Now one may be able to write this off as simply cultural sharing and just a cute source of inspo. But looking at sm artists long history of just ick towards poc's of pretty much every diaspora it's in very poor taste. Even down to the choreography which feature a variety of black originated dance moves that have never and will never be copywritten because most black people don't even think of copywriting something that's simply just a form of expression yet these companies don't hesitate to copyright material that's known to originally someone else's. But people think it's simply cute and them being pro black but it's not they are pro money. Where energy flows money goes. All to seem cool and make money yet they did not start this it's simply a case of copying worked for the people over there so let's try it.

View attachment 97691
Elvis for example it's very well known and even shown in his bio film w austin butler his musical inspiration/ dancing style overall persona came from encountering negro spirituals as a child. The reason why they can say this in a 2022 film and not in say in the 1970s,80s, 90s or even really talk about it in recent years in such a broad display of truth not simply hinting at it or talking about it for 2 seconds as a joke. Is because the political and social climate did not call for that conversation to be had back then. Similar to how K-pop seems to have amnesia concerning the history of where got the hallyu wave got it's inspiration, american pop music icons for decades were mentioned without any notions that their inspiration being black musicians at least not just as a passing comment but a real think piece way like the elvis movie portrayed. It's not really about saying a whole race being untalented there are talented people everywhere it just so happens in Korea it's just a different ball game. They are homogenous in pretty much all ways and not only don't want to have a plethora of different types of people in their country they are very much against it. Which is fine because that's their choice.

But seeing that they also when they are running low on ideas seem to think peeking over at either black musican's work/ or white musicians/dancers(oh god the dance move theft is so real in korea) who are more open minded and able to come up with ideas inspired by other cultures and write a little check and make a thinly veiled carbon copy that they will look back on as fully their creation never inviting or showcasing to the world any good relations with these artist they take from.

It leaves a poor taste in everyone's mouth seeing that many were desperate to use racism guilt tactics to get kpop to the top, telling people to lower their defenses and show love to this other culture but they culturally historically time after time after time, not only do they not extend that same respect but show disrespect after they have gotten the clout, views, attention that they desire.

It makes everyone a lot more judgmental of their work retrospectively because of the large contradictions present when you look at the art and impact of kpop coupled with the campaigns of love peace and global acceptance when bullying culturally is a massive problem in asia. So of course idols brought up in asia will bully and pick on one another even as adults for something as simple as skin color. Resulting in fans feeling gaslit and confused how their nice meow meow could be so cruel.

There's a large underbelly to why people pick apart kpop so meticulously and it is somewhat to do with music but also deeper. 1960s music is fine and dandy, catchy and nice to listen to but knowing many of those songs were taken whitewashed and promoted over black musicians who made the original it's distasteful when looking at the full picture. The movie hairspray displays this wonderfully. The main character Tracy catapulted to fame by copying a dance style popularized by black people, when they could only dance one day a month on negro day. A special day set apart just for them just to prove the company wasn't racist and blacks and white would both watch the show giving them money.

I feel like the black idols kpop pushes in particular the 1 per group is very similar. Back in the day it was the 1 or 2 tan member but due to globalization they are trying to maximize profits totally biting off of what japan did decades ago which is bring in half black/half white/south american people to improve their catalogue I believe on jpop group in the 90s had a half peruvian member. So Kpop is only doing what similar business ventures have done in the past.

View attachment 97690

So I do understand the feeling that people may not give other races enough credit being that anyone can make art. This is true. But historically black people have put a large emphasis on creativity, music, dancing, even when it was a danger to their own lives, they made a way to encorporate spirituality into everything. Native americans at one point could of been taken off the planet if they did certain spiritual dances they still did it. So now that it makes money and other cultures are doing it half for fun and half to make a profit, it's important to go into the history of it and think before it made money who was still doing it passionately, with devotion.

(it's important to note the effect imperialism had on asia, and it's attitude towards racial purity the mindset behind pushing lighter skin and eurocentricity particularly around the world war two era that has much to do with what you are seeing now and the racism and colorism that persists in asia it's deeper than even I can get into in one post. The capitalism mixed with imperialism mixed in with colorism which ties into racial purity ideas that seeped into asia even deeper than it already was pre the kickstart of globalism via the world wars and whatnot. Black were not only taboo racially, culturally, and possibly even spiritually in asia but afroindigenous/darker people's and their practices were whitewashed heavily to the point of many things that orignated with them in other countries have been rewritten causing a 'we never knew you' attitude from people who may have historically had ties with black peoples and their cultures in the past. This is most seen in how far east asian people treat south east asians when genetically speaking they are cousins basically. But culturally they act like they are the dirt beneath their feat and anyone with features similar to their's should hurry to the plastic surgery office as quickly as can be to fix said features.)

Mainly black and indigenous cultures. It's human to create art but some people do hold it nearer and dearer to their hearts and souls. Pop music in general is the collection of various influences of music mainly rnb, hip hop, rock all of which emphasize heavy beats and drums and rhythms that got its start during the blues era. There is no such thing as POP music it is simply POPular music. Popular music that tends to draw people in would be mainly rhythmic dance music; honestly this could go on for hours going into the genesis of what music really is and why it is used to attract people and who really holds claim to what it's endless.

The truth is the truth though one would have to go to other people and buy something that they can't for whatever reason come up with on their own. Nobody forces these Korean companies to buy black people's artwork and put korean lyrics on it they do it themselves. They could easily do what many other artists in asia do and come up with cord progressions on their own. Nobody forces them to dress of dance a certain way either. They could do something completely different.

The same could be said for western artists as well but maybe the difference at least in modern day is a western artist will actually work with black people openly and be seen in the same room with them.
View attachment 97699

While Korean companies don't want their fans to even think about that happening. Lots of behind the scenes with exo yet few of their fans know how many samples they have used from black artists, how many black artists they have worked with that have to say on their personal instagrams they worked with said artists. Yet these fans could name every song their artists have put their name on for inserting like one lyric.The truth is they typically don't because apart of the illusion is simply never showing their connection to these black artists. So their fans will continue to praise them for making such good music. If those fans cared even slightly about the truth they only need to do a simple google search but most will not. The article I found concerning the kokobop comparison had no comments and a few poc's have discussed it on tiktok but no larger conversation. Because even doing so may hurt the fragile ego many of them have. It is not insulting to anyone to sample or have a producer help you out if you're low on ideas. We all are here to help and assist one another in this life. But it's simply shameful to perpetuate the fraudulent image of being a mastermind like many of these k-producers, ceo's and idols make themselves seem like. Sadly even when they do say where the inspo comes from fans avert their eyes and turn up their noses waiting for the uncomfortable conversation to be over. Nobody needs to bow down to another race or anything but seeing as though their are still legions of fans that will dox or get evidence concerning their idols around black people taken down it's clear there's some type of deep seeded hate their. Completely unwarranted because the average black person doesn't care who copies black people and how much money they make doing it. They have other problems. I understand people being a little harsh on kpop's validity and quality because it's about basic respect. They give none sometimes less than none so they tend to get little to none in return.
There is no integrity in what they do...indeed, for the largest part...