Religious lies. Why do so many knowingly accept them?

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I agree with your last and you will know that God is not telling us anything, so by your description, he does not love us.

If he did, he would not be a deadbeat dad.

Regards
DL
He tells us what we need to know in the Bible, he stopped speaking from heaven a very long time ago. Even when he did speak from heaven people still wouldn't believe and listen so he's done his part and continues to do it but it's up to US to LISTEN.

He tells us what we need to know in the Bible, he stopped speaking from heaven a very long time ago. Even when he did speak from heaven people still wouldn't believe and listen so he's done his part and continues to do it but it's up to US to LISTEN.
Thanks for sharing your fantasy. Try facts next time instead of your faith of fools.

Regards
DL

People, I hope, are not foolish or gullible enough to reallybelieve in the talking serpent and donkey of the bible nor the 72 virgins otthe Qur’an. I also hope their gullibility is not broad enough to have themswallow all the other supernatural ideas floated by religions. The ancients intelligentlyknew that nothing could be known of the supernatural.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Modern priests, preachers and imams ignore the unknowabilityof the supernatural constantly while lying to us about the Gods.

I do not want to believe that we are as gullible as some peopleseem to be.

Why then do you think we knowingly pay and support priests,preachers and imams, perpetual liars in my view, to lie to us?

Regards
DL
People believe the lies because it applies order to a chaotic universe. It’s just a crutch to get through the day, a way for the weak and stupid to get through the day instead of doing something to change the way the world is.

“What's it say about life, hmm? You gotta get together, tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day. Nah. What's that say about your reality, Marty?”

- Rust Cohle

Have you not heard of our selfish gene?

Of course we are greedy by nature as we are born wanting to survive and thrive and that is why we compete to win, not to lose. In evolving, we must both cooperate and compete or we would go extinct.

True that we default to cooperation as that does not create a loser the way competition does. It is a better road to survival but as we all seek to be the fittest by nature, competition is also a major part of our instincts.

Regards
DL

http://libcom.org/library/mutual-aid-peter-kropotkin

We are selfish animals which is the basis of our problems, religion tells us we are not animals and need help from a supernatural source outside of us, instead of understanding our nature, and that my friend is the problem.

That said the social species are most successful and we never would have survived the wild without cooperation.

Indeed.

No.

I'm not in them. Only pointing out the obvious, which is that the statistics prove that their unGodly behaviour will not stay in their bedrooms but negatively affect the world around them, and that they therefore represent an undeniable (statistically proven) risk to vulnerable and innocent children. This is an undisputed, statistically known fact. Some of them even want to adopt children.

Indeed, there is the golden rule in Islam, as as it is found in every Abrahamic Faith.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

That's not my name.
But yes, do unto others.
By keeping the neighbourhod safe for children through making sure that it does not become a comfortable place for weirdos to move into, who might then start lurking the streets and looking for innocent children to groom and prey upon.
Do unto/for others, as you would have them do unto/for you.
Love your neigbour as you love yourself.
By helping to make sure that the neigbourhood stays safe and clean, so that your and your neighbours' children are not unnecessarily being put at risk. Do for others, indeed.
The vast majority of rapes are men on women, the vast majority of child rapes are men on girls.

Your evil stupidity is limitless.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
People believe the lies because it applies order to a chaotic universe. It’s just a crutch to get through the day, a way for the weak and stupid to get through the day instead of doing something to change the way the world is.

“What's it say about life, hmm? You gotta get together, tell yourself stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamn day. Nah. What's that say about your reality, Marty?”

- Rust Cohle
I think Rust copied his ideas from Freud

That science is extremely hard to accept for most, even near 2020 ..
You would be surprised how many Christians don’t know that men and women have the same number of ribs, so accepting that life starts out as female and a mutation makes males is surely out of the question for those whose brains are corroded by religious literalism.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What exactly do you mean by “all life is inherently female”?
As I understand it, it is the way evolutionists try to explain the leap from asexual organisms to male and female. As the story goes, the male side comes from a mutation in a chromosome that then gets passed on and is somehow compatible with the corresponding “female” which would previously have been asexual. I’m not quite clear how that mechanism is imagined to work!

A variant suggests that female and male compatibility arose simultaneously but this would provide further difficulties as chances of both precise changes happen together must be a flat zero.

http://libcom.org/library/mutual-aid-peter-kropotkin

We are selfish animals which is the basis of our problems, religion tells us we are not animals and need help from a supernatural source outside of us, instead of understanding our nature, and that my friend is the problem.

That said the social species are most successful and we never would have survived the wild without cooperation.
Absolutely. We, in fact, default to cooperation as that is the best choice for survival as compared to competition.

If we compete a loser is created and that is not good. When we cooperate, we make friends and that is good.

Regards
DL

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I mean he didn’t exist as an individual, it’s a myth. Human life did not start with Adam and Eve, it’s metaphor not fact.

Life started in Africa and every human traces their origins to one African female.
Thank you for clarifying :) That makes me think of two things -if that was true, then wouldn't most of humanity be black? I don't mean to sound ignorant or sarcastic but aren't African natives black?
another thing - how was this female able to reproduce without the sperm of a male?

DevaWolf

Veteran
Thank you for clarifying :) That makes me think of two things -if that was true, then wouldn't most of humanity be black? I don't mean to sound ignorant or sarcastic but aren't African natives black?
another thing - how was this female able to reproduce without the sperm of a male?
North African people like Egyptians and Morrocans for example are African natives and not black.

Deadlylady

Established

People, I hope, are not foolish or gullible enough to reallybelieve in the talking serpent and donkey of the bible nor the 72 virgins otthe Qur’an. I also hope their gullibility is not broad enough to have themswallow all the other supernatural ideas floated by religions. The ancients intelligentlyknew that nothing could be known of the supernatural.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Modern priests, preachers and imams ignore the unknowabilityof the supernatural constantly while lying to us about the Gods.

I do not want to believe that we are as gullible as some peopleseem to be.

Why then do you think we knowingly pay and support priests,preachers and imams, perpetual liars in my view, to lie to us?

Regards
DL
I think you perceive every religion as hinduism. People that the only one that worship animals.
- The snake represents satan in all the Abrahamic religions.
- Coming to the cruedly translated "virgins". It's call "huri" which means a beautiful woman or man who awaits the devout Muslim in paradise. But it doesn't mean they will have "relations" like your mind thinks of. Those people can be your servant, guide or friends. People with dirty minds have presumed it's going to be as sexual partners only. But there isn't anything written in the Quran indicating they are going to be for this purpose. Nobody knows actually what the are going to be for.

By supernatural what do you mean? The demon/jinns? Believe it or not they do exsist. Magicians are the best example because they have sold their soul to them for fame. Most of the "tricks" they make is by the assistance of those "supernatural" beings.

There is only one god by the way. People are born believers. It people around them an society that changes that.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/3512686/Children-are-born-believers-in-God-academic-claims.html

I'm guessing here, but since your religion is money/materialism. Giving money to other people hurts? You can always read and learn from holy books for yourself, you don't always need a priest, preacher or imam.

Correct me if I'm not understanding but do mean that Adam was also somehow female?
Check the Jewish history of Yahweh and you will note that he is an androgynous god and if you have him fathering Jesus with that really stupid Trinity concept, Jesus would have been genetically female all of his life.

That is always the case with parthenogenetic births.

Regards
DL