Sundering the Union + Constitution in "Crisis" + Convention of States(Article V)

Karlysymon

Superstar
When voices on the Left are suddenly calling for a Con-Con, it means something's up. There are forces behind the scenes that want this to happen.

We Need A New Constitutional Convention!': Dem Lawmaker Goes Off After Recent SCOTUS Decisions

Is a New Constitutional Convention a Good Idea? | Brennan Center for Justice
For years, understandable concerns over the risks of an Article V convention have led to nearly universal opposition on the left. But now, a growing number of progressive scholars and reformers are asking whether it’s wise to take the convention option off the table completely, particularly given the dim prospects for change in a Congress that has dragged its feet on democracy reform. Speaking for the “convention curious,” Columbia legal scholar David Pozen asks whether a convention might offer progressive reformers “a chance to rethink our institutions and make them more democratic.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Well,....isn't this interesting! Why is Canada making these contingency plans unless there is a major event in the works? Iam not seeing or reading Trump into any of this like Zerohedge hints at. He is pretty much irrelevant at this point. Something big is going to happen to America and this Canadian official seems rather tight-lipped. "Far right, authoritarian shift" is just code word for something else. The big question here is what would happen to Canada or how would it respond to a balkanized America?

The other person quoted in the National Post article made an interesting observation:
University of Ottawa national-security professor Thomas Juneau said....
“Frankly, Canada better have a plan for a decline in American democracy.” Meanwhile, Juneau said he hasn’t heard of other countries saying publicly that they have contingency plans if Uncle Sam takes an authoritarian turn.
“This is very sensitive for any democratic ally of the U.S.,” he said. “My guess is that any ally will be very, very discreet about this.”

Joly added that Ottawa’s close political and economic ties to the U.S. means that “we must certainly prepare several scenarios.”
She suggested Canada has a game plan in mind but wouldn’t get into details.

“In general, there is our game plan, precisely to be able to manage what could be a rather difficult situation,” she said.

Karlysymon

Superstar
"This spring, Harper’s Magazine invited five lawmakers and scholars to New York University’s law school to consider the constitutional crisis of the twenty-first century. The event was moderated by Rosa Brooks, a law professor at Georgetown and the author of How Everything Became War and the Military Became Everything: Tales from the Pentagon."

I bolded this part in the article because people may have forgotten all about the Transition Integrity Project (T.I.P) or that they probably didn’t even appear on some peoples’ radar back in 2020 but considering Rosa Brooks (co-founder) is a [constitutional] law professor coupled with her views on the constitution, i seriously considered that the TIP wasn’t just created and somehow brought in to play an instrumental role for the 2020 election. Who’s to say they aren’t meant to play an even bigger role in regard to the Convention of States (if & when that does happen)?
1692699597076.png

At the start of each academic year, Rosa Brooks asks her freshmen students what they think of the US constitution. Almost all express pride that — at 233 years of age — America has by far the world’s oldest constitution. Brooks, a professor at Georgetown Law School in Washington DC, then asks: “Presumably you think it would also be great if our surgeons worked off the oldest neurological manuals, or if our ships steered by the oldest navigational charts?” The question usually stumps her students. What, she probes, is so special about the oldness of a document as opposed to its usefulness? Clear answers are rarely forthcoming.

The first is the break-up of America. This year there has been a flurry of books with titles such as American Secession and Divided We Fall. The two largest putative new countries often mentioned would be Cascadia, which would include the West Coast states, notably northern California, and the mountain west, and the older idea of the Republic of Texas, which would incorporate much of the south and Midwest. “Americans are used to thinking of secession as a violent act because of the civil war,” says Levinson. “But you have plenty of examples around the world of peaceful divorce, including Scotland’s possible departure from the UK, the split of the Slovaks from the Czechs in the 1990s and Norway from Sweden in 1905.” A minor hitch is that most scholars believe the constitution forbids secession, which is why America went to war with itself over slavery. Levinson’s second outcome is civil war. Much of the blame for America’s 1861-65 civil war came from the notorious 1857 Dred Scott ruling, which said that black Americans could not be treated as citizens even if they lived in non-slave states. Black people, including Scott, a slave who claimed he had been freed after moving from Missouri to Illinois, where slavery was illegal, “are not included, and were not intended to be included, under the word ‘citizens’ in the constitution”, wrote Roger Taney, the chief justice.

Karlysymon

Superstar

Business Insider published a poll in October 2020 saying a majority of Americans believed the U.S. was already in the midst of a "cold" civil war. Then last fall, the University of Virginia Center for Politics released a poll finding that a majority of people who had voted to reelect former President Donald Trump in 2020 now wanted their state to secede from the Union.

The UVA data also showed a stunning 41% of those who voted for Joe Biden in 2020 also said it might now be "time to split the country."

Karlysymon

Superstar
What constitution, of any country, is going to survive a centrally controlled, centrally issued, programmable currency?

1696502116549.png

1696502333229.png

Video is 33mins

Karlysymon

Superstar
In the context that is all of us being marched off to a world government scenario, it makes sense that MSM would run with a constitution-trashing narrative just like they got orders in regard to climate change. I chuckled when i saw the title of, now-ex director of the CFR, Richard N Haas' book (Bill of obligations) as the first thing that came to mind was a social credit system. But on a more serious note, what is a world government constitution going to look more so in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution where we are genetically transformed? Do cyborgs retain rights or do those old rights become obligations?

CNN Claims 'Outdated' Constitution 'Puts Democracy at Risk'

Karlysymon

Superstar
1696862039020.png

California calling for a constitutional convention, i think, sets a precedent for other states that don't have active calls. It could be anything; climate change, cbdcs, abortion, mrna injections etc. This move seems to accelerate what has been a slow process. I wouldn't be surprised if all manner of crisis happened and California seceded first

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-09-14/lawmakers-pass-newsoms-call-for-u-s-constitutional-convention-on-gun-control
For Newsom’s proposed 28th Amendment to be considered, legislatures in two-thirds of the states must vote in favor of a constitutional convention.

Robert A. Schapiro, dean of the University of San Diego School of Law, and other scholars note that it’s hard to imagine that the gun control protections would be approved even if a convention were called. Republicans control more than half of the state legislatures, some of which have recently reduced gun restrictions, and amendments to the Constitution must be ratified by three-fourths of the states to become law.

They also contend that if a constitutional conventional did take place, it’s possible for Republican states to propose other amendments to ban abortion or gay marriage, for example, through the untested process.

“It is a valid concern that if a constitutional convention were called, the scope of the convention could not be limited, and so in theory, the convention could propose any kind of Amendment to the United States Constitution, eliminating the First Amendment right to free speech or any other kind of provision,” Schapiro said. “I view Gov. Newsom’s proposal as perhaps having more symbolic value.”

“I support every single policy listed in this resolution; every single gun safety policy, I support,” said state Sen. Scott Wiener (D-San Francisco). “I have a 0% rating from the National Rifle Assn., which I am proud of. My concern is that we cannot have any assurance that calling for a constitutional convention will lead to a limited constitutional convention.”

Floridafoot

Established
Thank you for the info Karly. So does this proposal seem to have support from both sides of the isle then? I wonder what about the Constitution the gentleman in the Kirk Cameron video would like to change. I seem to hear more about the Democrats wanting to change the document for obvious reasons like gun control or free speech. Is the conservative argument for the COS is they want to give more power to the states and less to the federal government? I believe the whole two party system is a complete dog and pony show anyway. So is this just a means for TPTB to get all get together behind closed doors and do whatever they want to the Constitution? Obviously there is endless potential for things to go wrong here.

A Freeman

Superstar
The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution begins with the following words...

"Congress shall make no law..."

And that is where it should have ended.

Our Creator, in His PERFECT Law of Liberty, strictly prohibited mankind from making up their own rules and traditions (Deut. 4:2; 12:8; 12:32), which make the Commandments of God (found in His Perfect Law) of no effect (Matt. 15:3-9).

A CONstitution is a CON. While noble sounding, it was written in legalese, and pretends to provide people with freedom and with rights that only God can give us, a fact that was recognized in the preamble to the Declaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed BY THEIR CREATOR with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Preamble to the Declaration of Independence
While it is great that people are finally waking up to the fact that corporate fictional governments -- including the U.S. government -- are tyrannical, the answer is NOT to amend an already IMPERFECT and UNLAWFUL document, nor to trust in its alleged power or infallibility. It is a piece of paper, with words on it that should never have been written in the first place, to get people to turn to worldly, satanic governments for their answers instead of to God.

If read correctly, THE BIBLE CONDEMNS ALL POLITICAL LEADERS, DIVISIONS AND PARTIES, all of which were created by Satan to divide and conquer/rule over us. God's COMMAND that "ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left" is specifically referring to political parties, which turn people one way or the other from The Straight and Narrow Way that leads to LIFE.

The past 6000 years have brought us to this point to differentiate between the goats, who wish to be ruled over by worldly, satanic rules, i.e. the whims of dictators, or the lost sheep who genuinely desire to be ruled over by God and His Perfect System of Governance and Justice, that TRULY provides Liberty and Justice for ALL.

No man-made CONstitution or legislation, nor any politician or legislator, nor anyone who follows them will survive, exactly as God has been warning us for thousands of years.

Isaiah 3:12 [As for] My people, children [are] their oppressors, and women rule over them. O My people, they which lead thee cause [thee] to err, and lead thee astray, TO THY DESTRUCTION.

Last edited:

Floridafoot

Established
God's COMMAND that "ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left" is specifically referring to political parties, which turn people one way or the other from The Straight and Narrow Way that leads to LIFE.
That is an interesting interpretation I haven't heard before. I've always made a joke when someone tries to pin me down to a belonging to a specific party. I say I'm not right or left, I'm in the middle with the sane people. Of course, now that God has opened my eyes I see it through a more biblical lense. What you've pointed out here is so fitting for our current situation. Thanks for sharing that.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Thank you for the info Karly. So does this proposal seem to have support from both sides of the isle then?
You are welcome.

Seems like it but in this New American report(page 2, post 28), it looks like there are shadowy forces using underhanded tactics to manipulate people, especially conservatives, into calling for a Convention. Mark Meckler showing up on TBN is clearly a move to rally Christian conservatives. It seems to me that Meckler might be honest in his efforts/cause but naive to the idea that he is being manipulated, especially when he talks about his moneyed "conservative" backers.
https://thenewamerican.com/video/convention-of-states-deep-state-plan-to-overthrow-constitution/

Is the conservative argument for the COS is they want to give more power to the states and less to the federal government? I believe the whole two party system is a complete dog and pony show anyway. So is this just a means for TPTB to get all get together behind closed doors and do whatever they want to the Constitution? Obviously there is endless potential for things to go wrong here.
That's the general idea. From CNN
"The effort is being driven by conservative lawmakers and groups, who want a federal balanced budget amendment added to the Constitution (which would limit spending) and a broad decentralization of powers, sending more control to statehouses."

Personally, i thought this was just "Plan B" for the Establishment but iam increasingly convinced they do want a convention to be called....so that the Constitution is torn up/shredded "legally". There are a flurry of articles, especially, after 2020 on this topic.

Floridafoot

Established
Wow I haven't heard much about the conservatives being on board with it so that is interesting. I wonder if this could get pushed through before the 2024 election.

A Freeman

Superstar
That is an interesting interpretation I haven't heard before. I've always made a joke when someone tries to pin me down to a belonging to a specific party. I say I'm not right or left, I'm in the middle with the sane people. Of course, now that God has opened my eyes I see it through a more biblical lense. What you've pointed out here is so fitting for our current situation. Thanks for sharing that.
You're welcome.

Karlysymon

Superstar

Karlysymon

Superstar
The video is 21mins long but a question is asked in the last 4mins and the answer to which may lie in the subject of this thread