The God Voice

Sen

Established
Bicameralism is when the right hemisphere of the brain take control over the left hemisphere of the brain. Bicameral means two chambers which explains the duality of the human brain. Do the prophets who stated they heard "voice of god" could be under control of their own bicameral mind? Because when right brain demands the left brain what to do, it creates this master-slave model within the mind. Therefore, the so called voice or auditory hallucinations could occur as "voice of god" and demand actions such as "Abraham killing his own son to pledge loyalty to the god".

Helioform

Star
I made a thread on this subject about a year ago:

Reactions: Sen

Lisa

Superstar
Bicameralism is when the right hemisphere of the brain take control over the left hemisphere of the brain. Bicameral means two chambers which explains the duality of the human brain. Do the prophets who stated they heard "voice of god" could be under control of their own bicameral mind? Because when right brain demands the left brain what to do, it creates this master-slave model within the mind. Therefore, the so called voice or auditory hallucinations could occur as "voice of god" and demand actions such as "Abraham killing his own son to pledge loyalty to the god".
How do you explain the animal sacrifice caught in the bushes when God told Abraham not to sacrifice his son? Was that part of the hallucination too?

Sen

Established
How do you explain the animal sacrifice caught in the bushes when God told Abraham not to sacrifice his son? Was that part of the hallucination too?
It very well could be. When god says "no", Abraham would obey him since questioning would be against master-slave model in this hypothesis Julian bringing on. When god asked him to kill his son, he brought his son to kill without questioning cause the logical mind (the left brain) is under control of right brain where logic does not exist. When God said to stop killing his own Child, the master -slave model once again activated and immediately the given order was obeyed.

Lisa

Superstar
So you are saying this is all a hallucination?

Genesis‬ ‭22:9-12‬ ‭
Then they came to the place of which God had told him; and Abraham built the altar there and arranged the wood, and bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.​
‭‭

‭‭My point is was this also a hallucination?

Genesis‬ ‭22:13‬ ‭
Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son.​

‭‭

Sen

Established
So you are saying this is all a hallucination?

Genesis‬ ‭22:9-12‬ ‭
Then they came to the place of which God had told him; and Abraham built the altar there and arranged the wood, and bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.” He said, “Do not stretch out your hand against the lad, and do nothing to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.​
‭‭

‭‭My point is was this also a hallucination?

Genesis‬ ‭22:13‬ ‭
Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son.​

‭‭
This was when man's consciousness was in a primitive state. When man was close to Gods because of his primitiveness or bicameral mind. Thanks to this bicameral mind they did have visual images and auditory experiences in their daily lives because they were much more in a unconscious level than conscious level like us. For instance, when we were infants we did perform actions but do we remember them? No because we were in bicameral state where autopilot took control over our mind.

Lisa

Superstar
This was when man's consciousness was in a primitive state. When man was close to Gods because of his primitiveness or bicameral mind. Thanks to this bicameral mind they did have visual images and auditory experiences in their daily lives because they were much more in a unconscious level than conscious level like us. For instance, when we were infants we did perform actions but do we remember them? No because we were in bicameral state where autopilot took control over our mind.
Abraham was a grown man not an infant...and there was an animal waiting in the bushes to be the sacrifice. Perhaps Abraham had hid the animal there too while he was acting out his unconscious state? Idk..but the simplest explanation seems to be the right one...God told Abraham to sacrifice his son not because God wanted Abraham to do it...but to see if Abraham would be obedient to God and when Abraham showed he would be...God provided the ram. Even Abraham is sure God would provide a sacrifice.

Genesis‬ ‭22:7-8‬ ‭
Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.
‭‭​

Also...in Genesis..when God creates man..he can walk and talk like we do now. Adam and Eve interacted with one another, God and a serpent...didn’t seem like they were in some sort of primitive state..nor does anyone else from the making of man. We were whole right out of the gate. Even children learn and grow rapidly.

Sen

Established
Abraham was a grown man not an infant...and there was an animal waiting in the bushes to be the sacrifice. Perhaps Abraham had hid the animal there too while he was acting out his unconscious state? Idk..but the simplest explanation seems to be the right one...God told Abraham to sacrifice his son not because God wanted Abraham to do it...but to see if Abraham would be obedient to God and when Abraham showed he would be...God provided the ram. Even Abraham is sure God would provide a sacrifice.

Genesis‬ ‭22:7-8‬ ‭
Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” And he said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?” Abraham said, “God will provide for Himself the lamb for the burnt offering, my son.” So the two of them walked on together.
‭‭​

Also...in Genesis..when God creates man..he can walk and talk like we do now. Adam and Eve interacted with another, God and a serpent...didn’t seem like they were in some sort of primitive state..nor does anyone else from the making of man. We were whole right out of the gate. Even children learn and grow rapidly.
Nobody called Abraham an infant. You haven't understood the point. The point being that when person is in infant state they are in autopilot or bicameral state where they carry on actions without logical thinking because they are under development. When one's consciousness is asleep the bicameral mind take control to act out the actions. It was the same to Abraham where his conscious mind or we could call the logical mind was taken under control by the unconsciousness which is vast and limitless. Where logic doesn't exist and Abraham obeyed his "god voice" exactly like bicameral mind would expected him to be. This is a radical hypothesis so take it with caution.

Daciple

Star
Explain prophecy then? How do Prophets foretell Historical Events prior to them happening, if they are not receiving this information from a source that knows future events, which would be a basic understanding of God, Omniscience? Their mind just obeys their mind to write in detail of events that happen hundreds to thousands of years later? Not buying it, they had to receive this information from a source that is able to tell them specific events that will happen so far into the future no human mind could conceive it...

The only logical explanation to fulfilled Prophecy is that they are in communication with some entity that literally knows the exact future before it happens, and that entity literally tells you and I to test it on that, if we can test it and see it then we ought to believe it:

Is 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

And if you read the prior 8 verses what you will come to find is that they are all a Prophecy of this man who came into the World about 680-750 years after that was written. The Bible and the God of the Bible are the only Holy Books and Divine Being that specifically calls for people to test its knowledge of Future Events. The Bible is full of fulfilled Prophecies, hundreds in Christ Alone. It spells out the rise and fall of Nations, the rise and fall of Cities, the rise and fall of Emperors, the rise and fall of specific people, the hundreds and hundreds of fulfilled Prophecies, whether internally confirmed or externally and objectively confirmed in History is proof that a being that knows the Future communicated with these men. To deny so is to deny all logical reasoning with the sole attempt to justify yourself (general you) in rejecting God or the Bible, because to accept these Truths would cause one to have to radically redefine their beliefs and thus must conform to everything else written in the Bible.

Most important to that is the Gospel which the Natural Man hates and loathes. The Gospel that states there is One God and only One Way to that God. That Sin is real and our Sin has separated us from God. That this Sin and the Separation it has caused to be condemned Righteously and the only place we deserve to go because of that Sin is to Hell. However the Good News, the Gospel is that God Himself took on Flesh in the Person of Jesus Christ, was Born of a Virgin, lived Perfectly because none of us are capable of doing so, and then laid down His own life. He went to the Cross where He took upon Himself your Sins and my Sins and then absorbed the Wrath of God that we deserve and shed His Precious Holy Blood to be the propitiation of our Sins. Then 3 days later He rose from the Grave, overcoming Death, Sin and Hell, proving that His Sacrifice was worthy and that all who believe and hope in Him will too share in that overcoming of Death Sin and Hell. And then ascended bodily to the Right Hand of the Father where He now stands making intercession for all who believe in Him.

To believe in Christ, to believe in the Gospel is the only possible path to God, and it is the grounds for most of the Prophecies in the Bible, the Word of God, in which the Creator of all things spoke to men and told them of the Events that would become what we now know as the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your bicameral ideology doesnt explain any of that...

Sen

Established
Explain prophecy then? How do Prophets foretell Historical Events prior to them happening, if they are not receiving this information from a source that knows future events, which would be a basic understanding of God, Omniscience? Their mind just obeys their mind to write in detail of events that happen hundreds to thousands of years later? Not buying it, they had to receive this information from a source that is able to tell them specific events that will happen so far into the future no human mind could conceive it...

The only logical explanation to fulfilled Prophecy is that they are in communication with some entity that literally knows the exact future before it happens, and that entity literally tells you and I to test it on that, if we can test it and see it then we ought to believe it:

Is 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

And if you read the prior 8 verses what you will come to find is that they are all a Prophecy of this man who came into the World about 680-750 years after that was written. The Bible and the God of the Bible are the only Holy Books and Divine Being that specifically calls for people to test its knowledge of Future Events. The Bible is full of fulfilled Prophecies, hundreds in Christ Alone. It spells out the rise and fall of Nations, the rise and fall of Cities, the rise and fall of Emperors, the rise and fall of specific people, the hundreds and hundreds of fulfilled Prophecies, whether internally confirmed or externally and objectively confirmed in History is proof that a being that knows the Future communicated with these men. To deny so is to deny all logical reasoning with the sole attempt to justify yourself (general you) in rejecting God or the Bible, because to accept these Truths would cause one to have to radically redefine their beliefs and thus must conform to everything else written in the Bible.

Most important to that is the Gospel which the Natural Man hates and loathes. The Gospel that states there is One God and only One Way to that God. That Sin is real and our Sin has separated us from God. That this Sin and the Separation it has caused to be condemned Righteously and the only place we deserve to go because of that Sin is to Hell. However the Good News, the Gospel is that God Himself took on Flesh in the Person of Jesus Christ, was Born of a Virgin, lived Perfectly because none of us are capable of doing so, and then laid down His own life. He went to the Cross where He took upon Himself your Sins and my Sins and then absorbed the Wrath of God that we deserve and shed His Precious Holy Blood to be the propitiation of our Sins. Then 3 days later He rose from the Grave, overcoming Death, Sin and Hell, proving that His Sacrifice was worthy and that all who believe and hope in Him will too share in that overcoming of Death Sin and Hell. And then ascended bodily to the Right Hand of the Father where He now stands making intercession for all who believe in Him.

To believe in Christ, to believe in the Gospel is the only possible path to God, and it is the grounds for most of the Prophecies in the Bible, the Word of God, in which the Creator of all things spoke to men and told them of the Events that would become what we now know as the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your bicameral ideology doesnt explain any of that...
Very well, Bravo!

Let's focus on what is a prophecy? Prophecy is a prediction that says there is a probability a certain situation could occur in future time. It is not certain that situation "should" occur but would "probably occur". If the given reality exist at the predicted time period, the certain situation could occur. If the timeline/reality changes the predicted event do not take place because time is an illusion (string theory). Therefore, prophecies are not certain but probabilities.

My ideology on bicameral mind is that it is a radical hypothesis. You certainly don't "have to buy it" nor I'm selling it to you. It is just my opinion and my free will. I respect whatever your opinion is and I certainly do not want to feed you my opinion on it.

Bicameralism and prophecies

Our consciousness is nothing more than a filter and a focusing mechanism. It is very limited or we could say finite. Unconsciousness is infinite and use our consciousness as a tool to function in this material world which is an illusion. Through, meditation, fasting, drugs, extreme pain, extreme prayer people tap into the unconsciousness to get released from conscious mind which more prone to the material world. This is like a orgasm to mind.
One individual who tapped into his unconsciousness successfully is Michael De Nostradamus. This famous individual predicted many events by tapping into his divine self or Jung calls it super consciousness. Super consciousness is where bicameral mind could not function or I would say cannot function at all because it is a critical point where conscious mind and unconscious mind work hand in hand. This is a certainly not what bicameral mind wants because as it was defined bicameralism is when right brain/unconscious mind take control over left brain/conscious mind. In bicameral state the conscious and unconscious is not harmonious. Therefore, one cannot bring forth prophecies in there bicameral state because the mind is tangled. The mind needs to be harmonious or we could say at the zero point to tap into the state where one breaks the space/time barrier and witnesses the different realities in time/space.

Therefore, this radical hypothesis certainly explain that one cannot do prophecies in bicameral mind state.