The push for a cashless society

DevaWolf

Veteran
_104398792_money2_getty.jpg
In the UK, but also elsewhere in Europe the banking elite are pushing for a cashless society. More and more cash collection points are being removed, and remote communities often only have one ATM or none at all since recent years.

How's this push for a cashless society affecting you? Is it happening in your country too?
This thread is meant to gather news on the cashless society program and the effects it has on people doing without cash.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
View attachment 72892
In the UK, but also elsewhere in Europe the banking elite are pushing for a cashless society. More and more cash collection points are being removed, and remote communities often only have one ATM or none at all since recent years.

How's this push for a cashless society affecting you? Is it happening in your country too?
This thread is meant to gather news on the cashless society program and the effects it has on people doing without cash.
On the one hand, their agenda is clear for those who wish to see... on the other, moments such as these provide opportunities for us to break free/drop out of their control systems... opportunities to confront and dismantle those systems. Hopefully we seize the opportunities when they present themselves!

clambot

Veteran
If you are receiving U.S. SSI (as am I) then you know that SSI is now "cashless". I'm not sure about SSDI. But when I started receiving my SSI, I was surprised by how it works now. (For those not familiar, SSI is Social Security Income, to which one is entitled at a certain age for having contributed FICA taxes when you were young, frisky, and gainfully employed. SSDI is Social Security Disability Income for the "disabled".)

As I recall, U.S. SSI was once paid as a check and one cashed it or put that in your bank. It is now just an electronic "transfer of funds". You don't get a check. You get electronic "somethings". There are narrow exceptions and you can still get a physical check if you appeal and are granted the exception. I forget what the exceptions are (there are two). You can look up that information on the government web site.

Anyway, for now I can still GET cash out of those "somethings" ... but the ways that I can do so are limited, and I foresee the day when the access to "cash" will be curtailed. I'll be dead by then and I won't care.

In the U.S., Medicare and MedicAid (the two government health providers) are (to my knowledge) practically cashless and rely heavily on the electronic transfer of the "somethings" that are now replacing cash. OH, but of course, your "co-payments" to those programs must be made in cash or check.

The days of U.S. physical currency "good for all debts, public and private" are quickly fading. I give it about three more generations. Call it 100 years. By then all the codgers will be gone and SkyNet can commence enforcing the New World Order.

Don't get me started on "food stamps". Those too are now just electronic somethings (but you can trade those for drugs or cash, as many people do in the U.S.).

Cash still works on laundry machines although they put new machines in that you can use a phone app to pay. As part of the Covid psyop it was hard to get more than 2 rolls of quarters at a time. The other day the guy let me have 4 rolls without complaining so I thought I guess Covid is finally over. Also for a while I was getting a few Canadian quarters in my rolls which was extremely irritating as they would jam the machines and I think the queen was on them too. Plus they cheaply made as if they made out of aluminum.

clambot

Veteran
Yes, a few places are still cash-dependent (laundromats, the car wash, postage stamp machines, and soda machines are some that I can think of) and then I recall ... pay phones, which have disappeared, as will coin vending machines etc. They will be converted to "pay by phone" or pay by card and eventually all cash / coins will be obsoleted (I predict w/in 100 years.) After that, phones / ecards etc. will eventually be obsoleted and newborns will get their SkyNet Chip implanted at birth, then neonatally (sp?) and then .... who knows? I give cash another 100 years. There will be no freedom left in 500 years. By that time, you WILL own nothing, and LIKE it ... OR ELSE.

I recall a sci-fi story by ... PKD, phillip dick ... wherein all the gizmos had to be fed coins to operate (as in ALL the gizmos, your front door had to be coined to operate, you paid to get your mail out of the mailbox, had to pay the coffee machine to work, had to pay the radio to work, etc. etc.) I can't recall the title. Was it the Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch? I think it was another story. Something about time going backward and cigarettes? <sigh> guess I'll have to reread that one. And now I'm sad because I know that there are adults who have never read a book ... as in, a thing with paper pages imprinted with ink ... they've grown up just staring at little electronic screens.

As part of the Covid psyop it was hard to get more than 2 rolls of quarters at a time. The other day the guy let me have 4 rolls without complaining so I thought I guess Covid is finally over.
Yeah we were resorting to getting quarters for laundry by buying a .25 water bottle at the costco vending machine and paying with a 5 dollar bill lol

On an unrelated note, why does costco always have to assume that everyone who shops there owns a house? So annoying lol

newborns will get their SkyNet Chip implanted at birth, then neonatally (sp?) and then .... who knows?
They'll start making all babies be created in a lab and grown in incubators before that. No children allowed without a permit.

To implant the chips at birth on all they would have to first outlaw out-of-hospital birth, and they have a surprisingly strong lobby to keep it legal...

Edit: i just realized they would make only unassisted out-of-hospital birth illegal, while still allowing licensed midwives to implant the newborns, perfectly legal.

Last edited:

clambot

Veteran
They'll start making all babies be created in a lab and grown in incubators
I believe this is a premise in Huxley's Brave New World which, like Orwell's 1984, also foretells many of our modern ills. Or did they just take babies after natural birth, "classify" them and then put them in their assigned "education" track? Memory's faint. I haven't read BNW in quite a while. Too many books. I'm about 6,000 pages behind schedule.

Yeah we were resorting to getting quarters for laundry by buying a .25 water bottle at the costco vending machine and paying with a 5 dollar bill lol

On an unrelated note, why does costco always have to assume that everyone who shops there owns a house? So annoying lol
Best place to get rolls of quarters is at your bank. They always gave me at least two even at the height of the so called coin shortage. The other day he let me have four and probably would have given me more but they are pretty heavy. As far as Costco goes I can't stand that place and only went there once with my brother because he had a membership. Their prices were not that great and it was extremely crowded and parking was almost impossible. I would never go again plus too many plastic people. Best place for me is a place called Grocery Outlet. Their prices are cheaper than Walmart and you can find deals nobody else has.

They'll start making all babies be created in a lab and grown in incubators before that. No children allowed without a permit.

To implant the chips at birth on all they would have to first outlaw out-of-hospital birth, and they have a surprisingly strong lobby to keep it legal...

Edit: i just realized they would make only unassisted out-of-hospital birth illegal, while still allowing licensed midwives to implant the newborns, perfectly legal.
Amber Heard's baby who she named Oonah is from a lab or a surrogate. She carts it around for publicity and photo shoots.