The Social Christ and The Social Transformation Of Humanity

shankara

Star
I translated these books a while back but never got around to posting them both on here. They were written by Samael Aun Weor, an interesting guy who had some very insightful ideas. Basically the books go into some detail about how the abuses of capitalism lead towards communism, though they cover a great deal of different subjects.

Of course as a South American he has the perspective from the countries which have been subject to US imperialist aggression, not as an outsider analyzing but as a person who lived in the places which are being exploited by the capitalists, rather than those from where the exploitation is being conducted.

Anyway, hope you find them useful: https://thesocialchrist.wordpress.com/

shankara

Star
Don’t trust anyone who uses capitalization in such a manner. It’s just like that JAH cult leader.
Yeah he has a somewhat polemical way of writing, that's his style I guess. He also did claim to be an avatar, Maitreya etc., though he didn't claim to be actually Christ and Buddha in person like Msr Anthony Hill. He also didn't have an obsession with completely illogical "etymology" claiming that english words have hidden meanings in them, nor did he state that only 144,000 people exactly would be saved. A lot of his stuff draws on Blavatsky and Gurdjieff, I leave it to you to decide whether he plagiarized or developed it, either way I'd say both of those people were a lot more illuminated and insightful than this so-called "Jah" guy.

He also said things like "don't follow me, I'm just a signpost, seek your own self-realisation", and you see in his books that he supported people thinking however they want to and not imposing their own beliefs onto others. Actually he said that "belief" is just the dualistic opposite of unbelief, if you can get your head around that.

Anyway, though I'm not totally sold on everything about Samael, he definitely has some interesting insights in these books:

"The political and the spiritual must balance themselves in the two dishes of the cosmic scales" (I'm not sure that's word for word, but something very similar).

shankara

Star
Don’t trust anyone who uses capitalization in such a manner. It’s just like that JAH cult leader.
Also he didn't use the same kind of fear tactics as this Anthony Hill guy uses (and the Christians etc also), he spoke about hell realms but these are just places where we are purified of ego before another round of rebirths, not permanent eternal suffering.

Lisa

Superstar
Also he didn't use the same kind of fear tactics as this Anthony Hill guy uses (and the Christians etc also), he spoke about hell realms but these are just places where we are purified of ego before another round of rebirths, not permanent eternal suffering.
Everyone wants to believe that God isn’t going to send people to the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth..we think we deserve better.

shankara

Star
Everyone wants to believe that God isn’t going to send people to the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth..we think we deserve better.
You're right Lisa, no we don't deserve it, I have enough sympathy for my fellow beings to believe that they are not irredeemably evil and in need of absolute suffering and destruction. Furthermore the whole idea of infinite punishment for negative actions ("sins") which can only ever be finite in their negative effects is simply illogical. Only within a worldview founded on the dogma that humanity is somehow "tainted" by the eating of an apple does eternal punishment make sense, a worldview which completely ignores the inner significance of the Genesis story, which is clearly a metaphor for the transition from unconscious bliss and happiness, through the suffering of consciousness and experience of the world in order to finally return to the state of a conscious innocence. That is, for those who engage in the spiritual struggle, overcoming the "lower self" rather than falling back into a lower state of evolution.

When humanity arrives at that state then our "eyes will be opened" and we will truly be "as gods, knowing good and evil" . Until then we will remain within the suffering of Karma, which is likened to "fire".

Last edited: