The Trinity in the Dead Sea Scrolls

Kung Fu

Superstar
With all that archaic language..how do you know it has forgeries?
Answering my question with a question isn't a valid answer. I know you like to deflect but please try to stay on topic. When you answer my question I'll answer yours.

Lisa

Superstar
Answering my question with a question isn't a valid answer. I know you like to deflect but please try to stay on topic. When you answer my question I'll answer yours.
I think it’s a valid question.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I think it’s a valid question.
Lol. Collect your thoughts and read what I'm saying and then come back when you figure things out. Here's a hint. Don't make claims you can't support and then try to change the subject when the going gets tough.

Todd

Star
Lol. Collect your thoughts and read what I'm saying and then come back when you figure things out. Here's a hint. Don't make claims you can't support and then try to change the subject when the going gets tough.
If @Lisa followed your advice here, her daily post count would be reduced by about 99%

Lisa

Superstar
If @Lisa followed your advice here, her daily post count would be reduced by about 99%
I think it could be reduced if people didn’t get upset at the things I said...honestly. But people get upset and keep talking to me...

Todd

Star
I think it could be reduced if people didn’t get upset at the things I said...honestly. But people get upset and keep talking to me...
Because Jesus has called you to upset people and keep responding to them?

Is this your true calling, to expose all the pesky people who don't believe correctly, because they want to base their beliefs on facts and truth?

Lisa

Superstar
Because Jesus has called you to upset people and keep responding to them?

Is this your true calling, to expose all the pesky people who don't believe correctly, because they want to base their beliefs on facts and truth?
I can’t help people’s reactions to what I say or that they keep responding to me.

My true calling is to tell the truth no matter what..and we Christians know that to do that can cause people to be upset because they don’t like what they hear...I don‘t read that we shouldn’t do it..rather Jesus says..
If they hate me, they will hate you.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Gnostic Corruptions in the Critical Text

An interesting paper:-

Introduction

There are a number of reasons for the informed Christian to be distrustful of the so-called "modern" versions of the Bible, such as the New International Version, the New American Standard Version, the Revised Version, the Revised Standard Version, and so on. Despite the claims to the contrary which are put forward by scholars such as Metzger and the Alands, there are indeed some very serious changes, doctrinal changes, which exist between the King James Version and these newer versions. It is often heard that "the differences are very minor" and that they "don't affect doctrine,” but this is simply untrue, as ought to be obvious to anyone who takes the time to actually sit down and compare the King James against the modern revisions.

The reason for the differences, the changes one could say, has to do with the texts behind the translations. Often, when Christians think about the New Testament, they assume that the Greek manuscripts compiled in the editions used to translate various versions are all pretty much the same. This is not the case. The King James Version New Testament is translated from the Textus Receptus, a Greek textual edition which, except for a few notable exceptions (which are justified and supported from external evidences), is very close in form to the Majority text, which makes up roughly 90% of the total testimony of existing Greek manuscripts. The new versions of the New Testament are translated from a textual set which, while having primary representatives which are older than the majority of the texts, is comprised of manuscripts which are very disparate in individual readings and which show all the signs of corruption...

Last edited:

Todd

Star
I can’t help people’s reactions to what I say or that they keep responding to me.
You could stop responding back...then they would likely stop also. So you can help people's reaction to some degree.

My true calling is to tell the truth no matter what..and we Christians know that to do that can cause people to be upset because they don’t like what they hear...I don‘t read that we shouldn’t do it..rather Jesus says..
If they hate me, they will hate you.
I don't think too many people here hate you or get upset by what you say. They are simply confounded that you constantly type things that have absolutely no basis in any facts or logical thinking at all. But keep thinking we are hating you because of your "righteousness in Christ", if that helps you sleep at night. LOL!

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
You could stop responding back...then they would likely stop also. So you can help people's reaction to some degree.

I don't think too many people here hate you or get upset by what you say. They are simply confounded that you constantly type things that have absolutely no basis in any facts or logical thinking at all. But kepp thinking we are hating you because of your "righteousness in Christ", if that helps you sleep at night. LOL!
I get some forceful comments coming back to me...I don’t see why what I say would bother someone so much that their replies would be in my face, except that I think I hit a chord with people and what I say really bothers them.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I don!t think too many people here hate you or get upset by what you say. They are simply confounded that you constantly type things that have absolutely no basis in any facts or logical thinking at all. But kepp thinking we are hating you because of your "righteousness in Christ", if that helps you sleep at night. LOL!
This.