There Are No Stupid Questions.....

Carolyn

Star
apparently, so lets have a thread about the most ridiculous, outlandish, random but interesting questions and try and answer them, lets try and keep it lighthearted folks!!

So my first question is, what is humpty dumpty, most people have always assumed he is an egg and even pictures have always shown egg, but its never once said in the original rhyme that he was an egg, so what is he???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humpty_Dumpty

Haich

Superstar
Maybe he was a fragile man?

Maybe the 'wall' is a metaphor for an obstacle in his life which caused a downward spiral, a break up? His wife cheating?

His friends tried to 'put him together again' but he eventually committed suicide.

Poor Humpty Dumpty

JoChris

Superstar

Maybe the 'wall' is a metaphor for an obstacle in his life which caused a downward spiral, a break up? His wife cheating?

His friends tried to 'put him together again' but he eventually committed suicide.

Poor Humpty Dumpty
Are you an ex-psychology student? I blame my mandatory psychology subjects for my nursing degree for having thought that when I heard it repeated on a children's TV show. :D

Etagloc

Superstar

Poor Humpty Dumpty
That sounds serious. What if Humpty Dumpty was about trauma? He was shattered like you describe... it would make sense, I think. All those weird nursery rhymes had to come from somewhere.

Carolyn

Star
wow psychoanalysing humpty dumpty lol I like!! lol what other weird random stuff could we discuss?

JoChris

Superstar
Have other people's favourite colour changed from when they were little? I remember my favourite colour used to be red, now it is blue.
I have my own theory why that has occurred, but what do other out that down to?

Carolyn

Star
I think I mostly liked red but always liked purple a bit too but now its mostly purple, more indigo kinda purple, with that kind of iridescence although I have always liked that irdescense in shells and pearls, holographic kind of looking although is that really a colour? Is iridescence a colour?

mecca

Superstar
Have other people's favourite colour changed from when they were little? I remember my favourite colour used to be red, now it is blue.
For a long time mine used to be yellow… like since i was young. But then I changed it to green and now I've changed it to red but I've decided red will remain my favorite color forever now.

JoChris

Superstar
For a long time mine used to be yellow… like since i was young. But then I changed it to green and now I've changed it to red but I've decided red will remain my favorite color forever now.
My theory is I was a hyperactive child and liked bright colours, so red was the best.
Now I just want peace and quiet. Soft blues especially. :D

JoChris

Superstar
I think I mostly liked red but always liked purple a bit too but now its mostly purple, more indigo kinda purple, with that kind of iridescence although I have always liked that irdescense in shells and pearls, holographic kind of looking although is that really a colour? Is iridescence a colour?
You might like this quiz. http://colorquiz.com
I prefer that pink to the dark blue though.
I am pretty skeptical but no matter how much I mix them around *on purpose* it tells me similar things in the restrained characteristics and problems area.

Haich

Superstar
Are you an ex-psychology student? I blame my mandatory psychology subjects for my nursing degree for having thought that when I heard it repeated on a children's TV show. :D
I wish! I just overthink lol

My background is media, sociology and English and we always overanalyse adverts and general literature

My background is media, sociology and English and we always overanalyse adverts and general literature
I agree with you, Haich. Replace sociology with psychology and our backgrounds are very similar.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Etagloc said:
All those weird nursery rhymes had to come from
somewhere.
Lizzie Borden took an axe

And gave her mother forty
whacks.

When she saw what she
had done,

She gave her father forty- one.

JoChris

Superstar

I only had to do one introductory sociology subject and it seemed to be a close relative to psychology.

Violette

Star
My favorite color has always been blue, though the shades have changed :)