Tori Kelly

bellakim333

Rookie
As a Christian, I looked to her for more pure songs, and I really liked the gospel songs she did. So I was surprised when I just saw the recent stuff she's been doing. I don't want to judge, but I'm just kind of confused about what's going on and why this is happening. It's definitely not the kind of content or image that I would expect, and ngl I'm kind of disappointed because I was hoping that she would put out more Christian stuff after four years, but this new stuff seems like a totally different person and I really don't understand why someone decided to do this...Of course, I know she's probably still a Christian, but again, I'm just really confused and not sure what to think....

BananaLaser

Veteran
She's also someone that I regarded as one of the more pure musicians in the music industry today, so I was also a bit surprised by the sudden change in her image. Perhaps she wanted to transition from Christian music over to Pop music again, because she thought she'd have more success as a singer that way. But she was always controlled even before this new era of hers.
1681766566000.png

Last edited:

BananaLaser

Veteran
As a Christian, I looked to her for more pure songs, and I really liked the gospel songs she did. So I was surprised when I just saw the recent stuff she's been doing. I don't want to judge, but I'm just kind of confused about what's going on and why this is happening. It's definitely not the kind of content or image that I would expect, and ngl I'm kind of disappointed because I was hoping that she would put out more Christian stuff after four years, but this new stuff seems like a totally different person and I really don't understand why someone decided to do this...Of course, I know she's probably still a Christian, but again, I'm just really confused and not sure what to think....
I can certainly understand your disappointment. There were singers that I once admired, that later on did things that weren't wise, which then made me feel quite disappointed in them. It's important to remember to not put your faith in celebrities. I don't mean that as a confrontation, just some advice so you don't feel disappointed.

Last edited:

bellakim333

Rookie
I can certainly understand your disappointment. There were singers that I once admired, that later on did things that weren't wise, which then made me feel quite disappointed in them. It's important to remember to not put your faith in celebrities. I don't mean that as a confrontation, just some advice so you don't feel disappointed.
Yes, I think I need to look to Jesus Himself more as a role model, instead of celebrities. Thank you for your advice!

BananaLaser

Veteran
On her YouTube channel she made a preview, of this new era of hers. The video gives off mildly unsettling energy. It seems to be symbolizing her going from an innocent lively persona, to a more edgy persona. Her fans in the comments are all like "Ooo how exciting, she's making a comeback!", but unfortunately there's more to it than her just making a simple comeback. :/