• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

e-Enoch

Superstar
Maranatha! Jesus is coming again!

Revelation 22:6-21

English Standard Version

Jesus Is Coming
6 And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”

7 “And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me,
9 but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

10 And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.

11 Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”

12 “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done.

13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

14 Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates.

15 Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

17 The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book,

19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen

Lyfe

Star
The body of Christ really has to be careful in regards to judging. Paul said that the church only has the right to judge those within while God is the judge of those without. We are called to expose evil on the basis of declaring what is right(and wrong) according to Gods word, but this is not the same as judging peoples character. Its not our place to make judgments against someone based off of their character. Its also not our place to judge whats in the heart of someone else or their motives, especially other saints. If someone is in Christ that means a brother has the right to judge their actions, but they should never attempt to presume or judge their motives and whats in their brothers heart. The Bible speaks about "evil suspicions." Only God can judge a man based off of whats in their heart. In fact its futile to even attempt to presume or judge whats in the heart of another Christian, because the same heart that can only be sanctified by the word of God and prayer is in them . The same heart that is still very much prone to patterns of the old man( if not subdued by prayer) is at work within them. The truth is that the only good and righteousness any of us have is Christ. There is absolutely nothing good within us apart from him and if you go a day or two without prayer that old self and his bad attitude will remind you of that. You cant judge another brother for struggling with pride thinking yourself more spiritual when there is bitterness or self righteousness in your heart.

If I go a day or two without prayer my attitude is always bad. Its a reminder that Christ and Christ alone has the power to sanctify and clean the heart(through the power of the holy spirit and prayer). You can only ever be motivated by the flesh apart from prayer and seeking God for spiritual provision. If you can only ever be motivated by the flesh apart from prayer then why act as if good intentions or motivations come from you and not God working in you? This is why we need to pray for God to create within us a clean heart, and renew within us a right spirit often. Its very easy fot pride or unfortiveness or bitterness to slip in! The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately evil, who can know it?

Lyfe

Star
STRUGGLE WITH SIN – A HEALTHY SIGN

"He who is really honest with himself and has had his eyes opened in some degree to see the awful sinfulness of self, and who is becoming more and more acquainted with that sink of iniquity, that mass of corruption which still indwells him, often feels that sin more completely rules him now than ever it did before. When he longs to trust God with all his heart, unbelief seems to paralyze him. When he wishes to be completely surrendered to God’s blessed will, murmurings and rebellion surge within him.

When he would spend an hour in meditating on the things of God, evil imaginations harass him. When he desires to be more humble, pride seeks to fill him. When he would pray, his mind wanders. The more he fights against these sins, the further off victory seems to be. To him it appears that sin is very much the master of him, and Satan tells him that his profession is vain. What shall we say to such a dear soul who is deeply exercised over this problem?

The very fact that you are conscious of these sins and are so much concerned over your failure to overcome them, is a HEALTHY SIGN. It is the blind who cannot see; it is the dead who feel not – true alike naturally and spiritually. Only they who have been quickened into newness of life are capable OF REAL SORROW FOR SIN. Moreover, such experiences as we have mentioned above evidence a spiritual growth: a growth in the knowledge of self. As the wise man tells us, ‘he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow’ (Eccl. 1:18). In God’s light we see light (Ps. 36:9). The more the Holy Spirit reveals to me the high claims of God’s holiness, the more I discover how far short I come of meeting them.

Let the midday sun shine into a darkened room, and dust and dirt which before were invisible are now plainly seen. So with the Christian: the more the light of God enters his heart, the more he discovers the spiritual filth which dwells there. Beloved brother, or sister, it is not that you are becoming more sinful, but that GOD IS NOW GIVING YOU A CLEARER AND FULLER SIGHT OF YOUR SINFULNESS. Praise Him for it, for the eyes of the vast majority of your fellows (religionists included) are blind, and cannot see what so distresses YOU!"

~ Arthur Pink, "Studies on Saving Faith"

Lyfe

Star
Jesus had told us to count the cost of following him, but in all honesty I think the cost for not following him is greater, even in this life. It's like choosing a path of heaviness and emptiness over one that provides peace and rest(by the holy spirit) in the hard times. Humans are weak and frail but God sustains every one of his children so they can bear the weight of the cross, whether strong or weak The Lord bears them up and is ABLE to make them stand. It's not by might or by power but by HIS spirit.

Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah Psalm 68:19

It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

For the LORD loves justice and will not forsake His saints. They are PRESERVED forever Psalm 37:28

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Isaiah 40:29

Lyfe

Star
The soul will not always feel gladness and joy living under The Lordship of Christ. The Bible says that The Lord has set apart The Godly for himself. We go through disciplines that are completely unnoticed and alien to the peoples all around us. We are the clay and he is the potter and in our life it has been decreed that his counsel will stand. We go through fires that purge us of the bad seed and of the rotten root so that we may share in his holiness. God allows the children of the world to carry on in their delusions and destructions, but he sets aside and reproves the ones he loves. He opens and closes doors and nobody can stay his hand and ask him what he has done. Job understood this perfectly when he had said "he walls up my way so I cannot pass" as he laid in bed helpless desperate for his affliction to end.

Jonah thought that he would go off and do his own thing and God had sent a storm and swallowed him up by a fish to have him consider his ways. He visited Jonah and once he acknowledged his error and repented God told him to go to Ninevah and proclaim judgment that the people would turn from their wicked ways and be spared. We think this is unfair yet what mother or father doesnt have the final say in the lives of their children? What undeveloped and adolescent mind truly understands all that is entailed in their parents decision making? God is sovereign and oversees all the lives of his beloved and disciplines them in his ways and according to his perfect purposes.

For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life, Proverbs 6:23

JoChris

Superstar
The body of Christ really has to be careful in regards to judging. Paul said that the church only has the right to judge those within while God is the judge of those without. We are called to expose evil on the basis of declaring what is right(and wrong) according to Gods word, but this is not the same as judging peoples character. Its not our place to make judgments against someone based off of their character. Its also not our place to judge whats in the heart of someone else or their motives, especially other saints. If someone is in Christ that means a brother has the right to judge their actions, but they should never attempt to presume or judge their motives and whats in their brothers heart. The Bible speaks about "evil suspicions." Only God can judge a man based off of whats in their heart. In fact its futile to even attempt to presume or judge whats in the heart of another Christian, because the same heart that can only be sanctified by the word of God and prayer is in them . The same heart that is still very much prone to patterns of the old man( if not subdued by prayer) is at work within them. The truth is that the only good and righteousness any of us have is Christ. There is absolutely nothing good within us apart from him and if you go a day or two without prayer that old self and his bad attitude will remind you of that. You cant judge another brother for struggling with pride thinking yourself more spiritual when there is bitterness or self righteousness in your heart.

If I go a day or two without prayer my attitude is always bad. Its a reminder that Christ and Christ alone has the power to sanctify and clean the heart(through the power of the holy spirit and prayer). You can only ever be motivated by the flesh apart from prayer and seeking God for spiritual provision. If you can only ever be motivated by the flesh apart from prayer then why act as if good intentions or motivations come from you and not God working in you? This is why we need to pray for God to create within us a clean heart, and renew within us a right spirit often. Its very easy fot pride or unfortiveness or bitterness to slip in! The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately evil, who can know it?
What you say is exactly why it is so important to keep close to God for spiritual strength and wisdom. Personally I go to and fro, even from one extreme to the other at times. I never seem to do things by halves! Discernment without love, and love without discernment are both dangerous.

In everyday life, if Christians had much closer fellowship and ties to their church overall perhaps it would be easier for people to assess where a fellow Christian is with their walk with God and vice versa. We need encouragement and rebuke at times.

JoChris

Superstar
The soul will not always feel gladness and joy living under The Lordship of Christ. The Bible says that The Lord has set apart The Godly for himself. We go through disciplines that are completely unnoticed and alien to the peoples all around us. We are the clay and he is the potter and in our life it has been decreed that his counsel will stand. We go through fires that purge us of the bad seed and of the rotten root so that we may share in his holiness. God allows the children of the world to carry on in their delusions and destructions, but he sets aside and reproves the ones he loves. He opens and closes doors and nobody can stay his hand and ask him what he has done. Job understood this perfectly when he had said "he walls up my way so I cannot pass" as he laid in bed helpless desperate for his affliction to end.

Jonah thought that he would go off and do his own thing and God had sent a storm and swallowed him up by a fish to have him consider his ways. He visited Jonah and once he acknowledged his error and repented God told him to go to Ninevah and proclaim judgment that the people would turn from their wicked ways and be spared. We think this is unfair yet what mother or father doesnt have the final say in the lives of their children? What undeveloped and adolescent mind truly understands all that is entailed in their parents decision making? God is sovereign and oversees all the lives of his beloved and disciplines them in his ways and according to his perfect purposes.

For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life, Proverbs 6:23
I experienced that with one of my sons visiting me over Christmas. I got eye rolls and face pulling when I said I wouldn't watch the horror movies my husband and him were watching. I cannot in good conscience watch such spiritually ugly and frankly evil things.

It gets very lonely if I forget to remember that God is always there for me.

Lyfe

Star
I experienced that with one of my sons visiting me over Christmas. I got eye rolls and face pulling when I said I wouldn't watch the horror movies my husband and him were watching. I cannot in good conscience watch such spiritually ugly and frankly evil things.

It gets very lonely if I forget to remember that God is always there for me.
Yeah, there is a passage in scripture where it says that they think it's strange that you don't join with them when they give themselves over to their carnal passions. It is very lonely. I think of how everyone paid homage to the idols in Babylon except three people(book of Daniel). Everyone was screaming for their heads... Jesus said we will be hated by all nations for his sake. It is something we really need to prepare ourselves for. We are called to sow seeds, but often it can feel like casting pearls before swine.

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces. Matthew 7:6

e-Enoch

Superstar
Happy New Year to all!

Jeremiah 29:11

New International Version

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Lyfe

Star
Job 36:5-10

English Standard Version

5 “Behold, God is mighty, and does not despise any;
he is mighty in strength of understanding.
6 He does not keep the wicked alive,
but gives the afflicted their right.
7 He does not withdraw his eyes from the righteous,
but with kings on the throne
he sets them forever, and they are exalted.
8 And if they are bound in chains
and caught in the cords of affliction,
9 then he declares to them their work
and their transgressions, that they are behaving arrogantly.
10 He opens their ears to instruction
and commands that they return from iniquity.

Lyfe

Star
"It is the duty of God’s servants to warn men of their danger, to point out that the way of rebellion against God leads to certain destruction and to call upon them to throw down the weapons of their revolt and flee from the wrath to come. It is their duty to teach men that they must turn from their idols and serve the living God, otherwise they will eternally perish. It is their duty to rebuke wickedness wherever it be found and to declare that the wages of sin is death. This will not make for their popularity, for it will condemn and irritate the wicked, and such plain speaking will seriously annoy them. Those who expose hypocrites, resist tyrants, oppose the wicked, are ever viewed by them as troublemakers. But as Christ declared, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake. Rejoice, and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you" (Matthew 5:11, 12)." - Arthur Pink, The Life Of Elijah

JoChris

Superstar
I started New Year with the resolution to read a chapter from Proverbs every day again.
Although I am quite familiar with the subjects throughout the book, each time I read it I notice something different.

Today in Chapter 2:

1672630006841.png

... gives sound wisdom for the RIGHTEOUS... for those who WALK UPRIGHTLY. Am I doing that?

If we wish to be truly wise [not just intelligent or highly educated!] we need to be righteous in God's eyes. That will only happen as a result of believing in Jesus and following Him, repenting of our sins and returning to God when we need to do that.
My prayer is that this year Christians readers here -as well as me - do I what I typed above.

Lyfe

Star
I started New Year with the resolution to read a chapter from Proverbs every day again.
Although I am quite familiar with the subjects throughout the book, each time I read it I notice something different.

Today in Chapter 2:

View attachment 83531

... gives sound wisdom for the RIGHTEOUS... for those who WALK UPRIGHTLY. Am I doing that?

If we wish to be truly wise [not just intelligent or highly educated!] we need to be righteous in God's eyes. That will only happen as a result of believing in Jesus and following Him, repenting of our sins and returning to God when we need to do that.
My prayer is that this year Christians readers here -as well as me - do I what I typed above.
It's The Father's good pleasure to give us the kingdom. Blessed are those who thirst and hunger for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.:)