Vegan agenda

Mrs Dimble

Rookie
Yes- in the Bible meat was only allowed after the flood.

We have the same digestive system as a herbivore, the same digestive enzymes, and the same teeth. Look at the teeth of an omnivore e.g. a bear. We have no carnassial teeth! In other words we are designed (by God) to eat plants.

shankara

Star
God likes meat eating.
That is clear in the bible.

The story of Cain and Able shows how much god likes meat and doesn't like farming.

Also there is something during the exodus where god really, really likes the smell of meat.

Furthermore, god (or evolution) has given us the bodies, digestion and dentition of omnivores.
In the same way he made dogs as carnivores, and sheep as herbivores.
On the subject of Cain and Abel, Rene Guenon has this to say.

Cintra

Star
Once again I'd like to mention Genesis as a mythic retelling of the neolithic revolution.

Cain and Able are the conflict between the nomadic hunter-gatherers and their gods, and the new city building farmers and their gods.

And if you are a christian, the bible says that god loves meat. He loves the smell of it. It pleases him.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Once again I'd like to mention Genesis as a mythic retelling of the neolithic revolution.

Cain and Able are the conflict between the nomadic hunter-gatherers and their gods, and the new city building farmers and their gods.

And if you are a christian, the bible says that god loves meat. He loves the smell of it. It pleases him.
Ok, but where does it say that not eating meat is bad in the monotheistic faiths? Jewish peoples, Christians and Muslims aint supposed to eat pork, but other than that I aint too sure.....

Cintra

Star
Ok, but where does it say that not eating meat is bad in the monotheistic faiths? Jewish peoples, Christians and Muslims aint supposed to eat pork, but other than that I aint too sure.....
I don't think anything says that not eating meat is bad.

Or that eating meat (apart from prohibited species) is bad.

Sorry, weird sentence structure...

I suggest a varied and balanced diet is probably best, and how you make that happen should be up to the individual.

morita

Veteran
Willingly could be subjective though..... many simply dont know how to eat properly.
Nutrition should be taught at school that's for sure. That being said, grown adults who have the means to eat healthy but choose to drink only sodas and no water and eat junk food only are making a conscious choice.

Mrs Dimble

Rookie
Most mammals have molars. However, meat eaters have very short digestive tracts so the meat can pass straight through. We have long, winding digestive systems like other plant eaters. When we eat meat it can get wedged in our digestive tract, rotting away and building up toxins, eventually causing disease.

'The China Study' is the biggest scientific study ever done on the effects of diet on health. It was done over twenty years, involving American and British universities. It concludes that a plant- based diet leads to better health and longevity.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Nutrition should be taught at school that's for sure. That being said, grown adults who have the means to eat healthy but choose to drink only sodas and no water and eat junk food only are making a conscious choice.
I agree. But it is heartbreaking that so many grown adults truly dont know any better, and even sadder to see this passed on to their children.

Cintra

Star
Nice!

I'll just nip out for a bit of grazing.
Lucky I've got all these stomaches to digest it with.

And remember!!! God loves you best if you bring him dead animals!

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Nice!

I'll just nip out for a bit of grazing.
Lucky I've got all these stomaches to digest it with.

And remember!!! God loves you best if you bring him dead animals!
I dont think kitties see humans as God, but they sure do be leaving them dead bunnies, birdies and rats/mice for their peoples to see eh?

TruthSucker

Established
I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if I repeat a point already been made.

The problem of today is:
1. People eat too much meat
2. People eat bad meat

Mrs. Dimble said the right thing: our teeth are mainly for plants, but we still have teeth for eating meat. So we can eat both.
I think 90/10 or 80/20 vegetables/meat should be an "Okay" state of eating food. Just my 2 cents.

Cintra

Star
I didn't read the whole thread, so I apologize if I repeat a point already been made.

The problem of today is:
1. People eat too much meat
2. People eat bad meat

Mrs. Dimble said the right thing: our teeth are mainly for plants, but we still have teeth for eating meat. So we can eat both.
I think 90/10 or 80/20 vegetables/meat should be an "Okay" state of eating food. Just my 2 cents.
Standard hunter-gatherer diet.
The women gather the veg every day.
The men bring in the meat when they are lucky.

Tidal

Star
Food for thought-
God said- "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything" (Genesis 9:3)

So if anybody should know what's best for our bodies, he should.. :)

Personally I've eaten everything all my life including veg, meat and "junk" food because I simply give my stomach what it's asking for.
Right now it's asking for a packet of brussel sprouts that it knows I've got in my fridge, so I'll microwave them later with some sausage and mash and lashings of thick brown gravy.

Caveman- "I'd like to invite you to dinner Charlie, you'll be the main course"