Why did Jesus have to die? Isn't that just immoral?

TokiEl

Superstar
That implies a life before that one...how else could he have sinned? Jesus doesn't even correct the suggestion of a previous life in his answer he just says that he didn't sin.
God is on record stating that the consequence of parents' crime can be transferred to their children.

Deuteronomy 5 9"For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

TokiEl

Superstar
.....He can create whatever rules & laws for us that He wishes; He is never bound by them.
God is never bound by His universal laws ?

But that would make Him an absolute despot ! And add fuel to the fire of His enemies who accuse Him of being a tyrannical dictator.

God of course observe His universal laws !

elsbet

Superstar
God is on record stating that the consequence of parents' crime can be transferred to their children.

Deuteronomy 5 9"For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."
-.-

It just doesn't seem to sink in that God atoned with His blood so that man can repent and be forgiven.
Hi TokiEL, The one thing that Christians do not understand is that Christ did not "atone" for our sins. It is an OT word for to "cover" Until the Christ would come and take them completely away, "as far as the east is from the west... The word "atonement" is never used in the NT because our sins are completely gone. Not covered, we are washed as white as snow. Most people do not believe this, but a through study will bring light upon the word.

TokiEl

Superstar
Hi TokiEL, The one thing that Christians do not understand is that Christ did not "atone" for our sins. It is an OT word for to "cover" Until the Christ would come and take them completely away, "as far as the east is from the west... The word "atonement" is never used in the NT because our sins are completely gone. Not covered, we are washed as white as snow. Most people do not believe this, but a through study will bring light upon the word.
Once a year on Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement the High priest sprinkled blood on the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant in the Holy of holies.

This act of covering the mercy seat with blood atoned for the sins of Israel that year... and was a dress rehearsel for the once and for all sufficient blood of God himself sprinkled on the mercy seat of the Ark of the Covenant when an earthquake fractured the ground from the foot of the cross to the grotto below where the Ark of the Covenant is.

Hi TokiEL, God reversed that decision (Ezek. 18:20; 1-32)

TokiEl

Superstar
Hi TokiEL, God reversed that decision (Ezek. 18:20; 1-32)
God is on record stating that generational curses can come upon those that hate Him or break His commandments.

Now the verse in Ezekiel is about the loss of the soul which is a whole nother ball game than generational curses.

God is on record stating that generational curses can come upon those that hate Him or break His commandments.
That is true for all unbelievers. We are under the New Covenant. Hebrews Chapters 8 and 9. It is true that a godless family's evil works will follow and throw suspect on each member, but that is because of men, not God.