Why The World Hates True Christianity

Michi

Established
That's why they stoned Stephen. He told them about themselves. No wonder pastors are wary of rebuking.

Telling anyone about himself usually ends badly because people are generally self-righteous and arrogant. In other words they believe their own bull#&$t.

Its amazing what lengths people will go to justify their sins. And they separate themselves from the destruction that stems from their actions.

Lyfe

Star
That's why they stoned Stephen. He told them about themselves. No wonder pastors are wary of rebuking.

Telling anyone about himself usually ends badly because people are generally self-righteous and arrogant. In other words they believe their own bull#&$t.

Its amazing what lengths people will go to justify their sins. And they separate themselves from the destruction that stems from their actions.
Its hard for fallen man to accept the notion of being accountable to a holy God that hates the very things that his sinful heart takes pleasure in. I remember playing an online video game a while back and someone put their mic next to a speaker playing a sermon on hell and repentance. You would not believe the reaction it got. People lost their minds. You could tell they were under the conviction of the holy spirit. These people were just screaming and hissing at the person to shut it off. It reminded me of the passage in Hebrews that says the word of God is sharper than any two edge sword. These people were absolutely cut to the heart and gnashing their teeth.

phipps

Star
I've been called a legalist here for saying we should obey all God's commandments not just some of them. This was on the Sabbath thread where I was saying most Christians break the Sabbath commandment because the actual sabbath day is Saturday not Sunday the first day of the week.

Of course those are just words and nothing compared to the persecution the prophets, Christ, apostles, Christians during the dark ages etc faced and face around the world.

As humans we don't want to be told we are wrong in anything we do. All throughout the Bible we see how God's people were persecuted for telling people God's truth. The Pharisees and Sadducees plotted Christ's death for telling them the truth. They did not like being told they were wrong in what they did. The truth either brings genuine change to people's hearts and lives or it evokes hatred in people.

Jesus Christ said, “In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Tribulation happens because we are in the middle of the ultimate war between good and evil. “All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution” (2 Timothy 3:12), the Bible tells us. The devil is on the attack, “seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8), and his targets are those “who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ” (Revelation 12:17).

Again, Jesus said, “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. … If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you” (John 15:18-20).

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
There needs to be an exposure of the epidemic of these dead imposter churches. Its the only way the culture will see that what they represent is not truly of God. It is not real Christianity. Allot of the people who attend these churches see no need for evangelism and preaching the gospel. No true assembly of Christ will fail to see the absolute need there is for the world to know the only salvation of God through Christ. Its all that matters. I really believe that if a church doesnt actively evangelise or encourage its flock to evangelize then its a dead church. Sadly if you warn people of hell and their need to repent you are viewed as a fanatic or accused of being hateful or unloving. This is how deceived the world is.

phipps

Star
There needs to be an exposure of the epidemic of these dead imposter churches. Its the only way the culture will see that what they represent is not truly of God. It is not real Christianity. Allot of the people who attend these churches see no need for evangelism and preaching the gospel. No true assembly of Christ will fail to see the absolute need there is for the world to know the only salvation of God through Christ. Its all that matters. I really believe that if a church doesnt actively evangelise or encourage its flock to evangelize then its a dead church. Sadly if you warn people of hell and their need to repent you are viewed as a fanatic or accused of being hateful or unloving. This is how deceived the world is.
Sadly if you warn people of hell and their need to repent you are viewed as a fanatic or accused of being hateful or unloving.
True Christians are seen as fanatics. They always have been. They have been called cults and worse. Sadly the truth of God is strange to the world and even within Christendom.

And that is because most Christians are used to getting a diluted gospel in their churches. Some pastors are scared of preaching the truth because they know people do not want to hear it. Instead of warning the lost to turn from their sins, many false teachers tell people to be at peace in their sins because God is too full of grace to expect them to change. This gives people a false sense of security. Other pastors water down the gospel to be popular, for pride or money, want to draw away disciples after themselves for power and influence etc.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
I've been called a legalist here for saying we should obey all God's commandments not just some of them. This was on the Sabbath thread where I was saying most Christians break the Sabbath commandment because the actual sabbath day is Saturday not Sunday the first day of the week.
The pharisees obsession with the sabbath caused them to hate Christ... because Jesus did good work on the sabbath.

And as He said... The sabbath was made for man !

That means God ordained a weekly day off from work.

That's all.

TokiEl

Superstar
Except the part that says remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
What does it mean to keep it holy?
Set apart.

In this case set apart for rest... just as God rested after six days of work.

i've studied the bible, old and new testaments. I've read various books written by christians. For example St Augustine's confessions and 'on the trinity'. I've also understood perfectly that St Augustine's trinity book was largely influenced by his earlier learning of greco-persian philosophies and esp the work of Plotinus, who despite not being christian formulated a trinitarian type belief. The problem was that st augustine was just a confused guy (proven by his book, confessions, he was not complete in knowledge and was searching for deeper truth).
The fundamental idea plotinus learned from persian-hindu philosophy was effectively that there's a single Trancendent Essence/power that is Immanent/expressed on the macrocosmic level and then the microcosmic/post causal level. He simply connected them to the christian Father, Son and Holy Spirit and hence he really found christianity through his philosophical leanings. christianity was a proper religion rather than just a philosophy, build around ideas he deeply believed in.

I've read some material from Madam Guyon who was a christian mystic. I found her book by accident and the best part was, it absolutely covered topics i was already immersed in from an islamic/sufi perspective. it was fascinating to see the same ideas expressed in depth using ambigious 'christian centric' terminology.

the Quran has a chapter named after Mary. It has a chapter named after the christian sleepers of the cave. prophet Mohammad spoke of a certain 'juraij' of palestine (st George) as an awliya/friend of Allah, who performed a karamat (one short of a miracle).
so certainly, islam doesnt hate christianity.

i do however lack respect towards new age xtian types who are far removed from authentic christianity and are just ego worshipping knobheads, like david wood and his kind. these muppets are a shit stian on christianity and should be silenced by better christians. there are some christians ive seen on youtube who are opposd to these kind of people and likewise they insist that christianity doesnt need them. i agree with that.

as for the rest, bolshevik JEWISH ASHKENAZIS (children of gomer, of the gog and magog camp) mass murdered 20-40m eastern orthodox christians.
but you guys are really only in your feelings cuz of us online muslims.

btw, if i was around st augustinem speaking his language with the knowledge i have, as a muslim, id have converted him easily. simply, he would have been taught the meaning of Bismillah and that would have been enough to understand the actual unity in the 3, as in a uniterian belief that absolutely understands the heirarchy of God and the position/nature of the son and holy spirit.
although i do think St Augustine understood this, just couldnt express it.
his understanding/material became the foundation upon which the roman church founded the trinitarian doctrine, but they misinterpreted him anyway.

phipps

Star
Except the part that says remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
What does it mean to keep it holy?
I know this question was not meant for me but I hope you don't mind if i answer it.

God set the seventh day apart and asked us to keep it holy. To keep the Sabbath day holy means to dedicate the whole day to God unlike the other six days where we are working and have other people and things we are thinking and worrying about. There are many texts in the Bible about the Sabbath but the one in Isaiah 58:13-14 explains beautifully how we are to keep the Sabbath holy. It says, "If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, From doing your pleasure on My holy day, And call the Sabbath a delight, The holy day of the Lord honorable, And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways, Nor finding your own pleasure, Nor speaking your own words, Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord; And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth, And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father. The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

God wants the Sabbath to be a delight for us, to be the happiest day of the week. A day that we can fully rest in Him, worship Him as our Creator, fellowship with other believers, and reach out to others in Christian love.

recure

Established
God wants the Sabbath to be a delight for us, to be the happiest day of the week. A day that we can fully rest in Him, worship Him as our Creator, fellowship with other believers, and reach out to others in Christian love.
The only people who observe the Sabbath, in the New Testament as now, are the Jews. The Bible says that the disciples assembled together on Sunday to break bread (Act.20.7). Moreover, the Didache says to observe the Lord's Day and says nothing about keeping the Sabbath, but it does say "do not be like the hypocrites" (i.e. the Jews) and says to have different fast days to them. Telling Christians to keep the Sabbath is seeking commonality with those who said of Christ: "This man is not of God because he does not keep the Sabbath." (Joh.9.16) But this is not surprising coming from those who also deride Christian feast days like Pascha and the Nativity.

Michi

Established
Come to think of it the world does not hate true Christianity. It is gentle and kind. True Christianity is to serve, to put others before oneself. To even renounce the self! A true Christian's aspiration is to climb Peter's ladder 2 Peter 1:5-8

phipps

Star
@recure

The only people who observe the Sabbath, in the New Testament as now, are the Jews.
The Sabbath has never been Jewish not in the Old or New Testaments. It was intituted during the creation week by God. "Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made" (Genesis 2:1, 3). Adam and Eve were not Jewish and it would be 2000 plus years before an Israelite existed.

Its also not true that only Jews observed the Sabbath in the New Testament. When the gospel was preached to the Gentiles they too observed the Sabbath. "So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath" ( Acts 13:42). There were many issues within the early Christian Church but the Sabbath was never an issue for both Jews and Gentiles.

Plus Jesus said, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27). So the Sabbath was made for the whole human race not just Jews.

The Bible says that the disciples assembled together on Sunday to break bread (Act.20.7).
Breaking bread simply means having a meal. We can have meals on other days of the week, in fact if we don't we'll starve. This does not mean the disciples did not observe the Sabbath day as we are all commanded to do in God's eternal law. They did.

Moreover, the Didache says to observe the Lord's Day and says nothing about keeping the Sabbath, but it does say "do not be like the hypocrites" (i.e. the Jews) and says to have different fast days to them.
The Didache is not the Bible or any of the other lost books. A lot that is written in those books contradict the Bible. Anything that contradicts the Bible is false.

The Lord's day in the Bible is the Sabbath.

Revelation 1:10, “I was in the spirit on the Lord’s day and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.”

Matthew 12:8, "
For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

God calls the Sabbath “my holy day” in Isaiah 58:13. There is no other day that is designated as the Lord's day in the Bible except the Sabbath. Its Seventh day of the week that the Lord blessed and hallowed.

During the early Christian church no one observed the first day of the week which is Sunday. It came later and the Catholics claim it to be their day. They said:

Question: Which is the Sabbath day?
Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.
—Rev. Peter Geiermann C.SS.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50

"... you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." —The Faith of Our Fathers, by James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, 88th edition, page 89. Originally published in 1876, republished and Copyright 1980 by TAN Books and Publishers, Inc., pages 72-73.

Q. Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority. —Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

"It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church." —Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

Telling Christians to keep the Sabbath is seeking commonality with those who said of Christ: "This man is not of God because he does not keep the Sabbath." (Joh.9.16)
John 9 is where Jesus gives sight to a man who was born blind during one of the festivals in Jerusalem. After the man was healed, the Pharisees asked him how he received his sight. He told them how Jesus had put clay on his eyes and when he washed them he could see. So the Pharisees said that Jesus was not a man of God because he had broken the Sabbath by healing him on it. They asked the man what he says of Jesus and the man said He is a prophet. The Pharisees rejected the healing of the man as well as Jesus. Their hearts had been hardened to the truth of God at that point.

Jesus had clashed with the Pharisees on the issue of the Sabbath before (Matthew 12:10; Mark 3:2). They thought healing on the Sabbath counted as work. The issue was not the Sabbath day because both Jesus and the Pharisees observed it. The issue was what could and couldn't be done on the Sabbath. The Pharisees had made the Sabbath a burden. He pointed out to them certain rules they followed (hundreds of them) were not given by Him. He also pointed out to them that He is Lord of the Sabbath, a.k.a the Creator.

But this is not surprising coming from those who also deride Christian feast days like Pascha and the Nativity.
We deride celebrating Easter and Christmas because they are not Christian. Their origins are pagan but how they are celebrated changed and Christian themes were added to them. They are man made traditions. Biblically we are not obliged to celebrate them. Jesus' death should be something we always remember as Christians. We are saved because of His sacrifice for us if we accept it.

Last edited:

recure

Established
Its also not true that only Jews observed the Sabbath in the New Testament. When the gospel was preached to the Gentiles they too observed the Sabbath. "So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath" ( Acts 13:42). There were many issues within the early Christian Church but the Sabbath was never an issue for both Jews and Gentiles.
The Apostles went into synagogues on the Sabbath to preach the Gospel because that is when and where Jews congregate, though there were also Gentiles (non-Jews) among them. Can you point to any instance of churches observing or being instructed to observe the Sabbath after the Ascension?

Plus Jesus said, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath" (Mark 2:27). So the Sabbath was made for the whole human race not just Jews.
My take-away from this is that the Sabbath was not made so that man would be obligated to observe it, but you seem to think it means that all people should observe it. I guess it's a matter of perspective.

Breaking bread simply means having a meal. We can have meals on other days of the week, in fact if we don't we'll starve. This does not mean the disciples did not observe the Sabbath day as we are all commanded to do in God's eternal law. They did.
Breaking bread refers to the Eucharistic tradition instituted by Christ as a sign of the New Covenant: He took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and gave to them, saying, "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in memory of me." (Luk.22.19) Jesus therefore said to them, "Most certainly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you don't have life in yourselves." (Joh.6:53)

The Didache is not the Bible or any of the other lost books. A lot that is written in those books contradict the Bible. Anything that contradicts the Bible is false.
The Didache is a very ancient document which contains the teachings of the Twelve Apostles and doesn't contradict the Bible in any way. But what you consider to be the Bible is also based on a tradition of the early Church which sometimes included the Didache, the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistle of Barnabas etc. in the canon. For instance, the first time we have a New Testament list which matches the accepted canon is in an Easter letter of St. Athanasius from the 4th century, and in it he includes the Didache as a book to be read, though not in the canon proper.

The Lord's day in the Bible is the Sabbath. Its Seventh day of the week that the Lord blessed and hallowed.
No, it isn't: the Lord's Day is the day of the Resurrection. If you translate the word Sunday into Greek you will see that it is Kyriake, which means "lord's day".

During the early Christian church no one observed the first day of the week which is Sunday. It came later and the Catholics claim it to be their day.
I showed you a passage from the Bible which proves they did but you dismiss it by reinterpreting what it means to "break bread" to suit your beliefs.

Lyfe

Star
Come to think of it the world does not hate true Christianity. It is gentle and kind. True Christianity is to serve, to put others before oneself. To even renounce the self! A true Christian's aspiration is to climb Peter's ladder 2 Peter 1:5-8
I think the majority draw this conclusion by default by believing in mans testimony about himself, but mans testimony about himself is very different from the reality and the Bibles verdict of man.

When I wasnt saved the kind of entertainment I preferred bore witness against my self professed goodness. I listened to allot of gangster rap and was into super vile video games like grand theft auto. I watched movies that were rife with violence and killings. The truth is that my inner man did not prefer or rejoice in the good. It was only satisifed in evil. Now if my heart was truly good then how was it that I found satisfsction and pleasure in these things? If I was truly good my heart would have broke and I would have wept with all the violence and evil I was immersing myself in. It just goes to show that men love and prefer evil by default. They may express a superficial homage and recognition of good deeds, but man doesnt truly regard good in the way that he thinks he does. Man is by nature jealous and envious. If you do good long enough in the sight of people it will indict them and they will be moved with the same emotions against you that Cain was.

1 John 3:11-13
King James Version

11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

1 Peter 4:2-4
King James Version

2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:
4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you:

phipps

Star
@recure

The Apostles went into synagogues on the Sabbath to preach the Gospel because that is when and where Jews congregate, though there were also Gentiles (non-Jews) among them. Can you point to any instance of churches observing or being instructed to observe the Sabbath after the Ascension?
So now that you know both Jews and Gentiles observed the Sabbath in the New Testament, you've come up with another reason why the congregated at the synagogues apart from observing the Sabbath?

Yes the apostles preached in synagogues on the Sabbath but they were not the only places they preached the gospel. The apostles preached the gospel on other days and brought many people to Christ including Gentiles. So they went to the synagogue to hear them preach and to obey the fourth commandment about the Sabbath. Biblically we are to congregate on the Sabbath together. "Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work on it; it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings" (Leviticus 23:3). Convocation means a public meeting, assembly, or gathering. Here God added a detail about the Sabbath: It's also to be a time for worship services.

They didn't all worship in synagogues on the Sabbath though, "and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days. And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met there" (Acts 16:12-13).

Here are some verses about the Sabbath in Hebrews 4:4-10.

My take-away from this is that the Sabbath was not made so that man would be obligated to observe it, but you seem to think it means that all people should observe it. I guess it's a matter of perspective.
Its not a matter of perspective. If you're a Christian its a matter of doing God's will or following man made tradition.

The commandment to remember the Sabbath day is in the middle of the moral law of God (Exodus 20:8-11). Jesus said of the ten commandments, "For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled" (Matthew 5:18). We know Jesus observed the Sabbath just as He obeyed all the other nine laws because the Bible tells us it was His custom to worship on Sabbath (Luke 4:16).

The Bible tells us, " For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all" (James 2:10).

John 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.

Revelation 22:14, "Blessed
are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city."

Plus Jesus said the Sabbath was made for man. It was made for all of us to rest and get closer to Him. The Scriptures also teach that we will continue to keep the Sabbath in the new earth (Isaiah 66:22-23)!

Breaking bread refers to the Eucharistic tradition instituted by Christ as a sign of the New Covenant: He took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and gave to them, saying, "This is my body which is given for you. Do this in memory of me." (Luk.22.19) Jesus therefore said to them, "Most certainly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you don't have life in yourselves." (Joh.6:53)
Yes bread was broken during the communion service that was instituted by Christ as a commemoration of His death on the cross. However the word's "breaking bread" were used to also mean having a meal together too, "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart" (Acts 2:46). If we assume that “breaking bread” means having a communion service every time, then the believers in the above verse were celebrating every day! Since this is the only record of a Christian meeting on the first day of the week (it would have said Sabbath if it was the day of rest in the New Testament), would it not be mentioned if it was a communion service? But the key point of this story is the resurrection of a dead believer.

Also there is no command in the Bible to have the communion service on the Sabbath. We should have communion often but it can be on any day of the week.

The Didache is a very ancient document which contains the teachings of the Twelve Apostles and doesn't contradict the Bible in any way. But what you consider to be the Bible is also based on a tradition of the early Church which sometimes included the Didache, the Shepherd of Hermas, the Epistle of Barnabas etc. in the canon. For instance, the first time we have a New Testament list which matches the accepted canon is in an Easter letter of St. Athanasius from the 4th century, and in it he includes the Didache as a book to be read, though not in the canon proper.
The Didache contradicts the word of God on the Sabbath and on more subjects, so its not the inspired Word of God. I reject it therefore and all Christians should too.

No, it isn't: the Lord's Day is the day of the Resurrection. If you translate the word Sunday into Greek you will see that it is Kyriake, which means "lord's day".
No it is not. It doesn't matter what Sunday translates to in Greek, the first day of the week (Sunday) the day Jesus resurrected on is not called "the Lord's day."

The Sabbath is mentioned about 58 times in the New Testament and the first day of the week is mentioned only eight times (Matthew 28:1, Mark 16:2, 9, Luke 24:1, John 20:1, 19, Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 16:1-2) and not once is it called the Lord's day.

I showed you a passage from the Bible which proves they did but you dismiss it by reinterpreting what it means to "break bread" to suit your beliefs.
That is NOT proof of observing the Sabbath. No where does the Bible show that part of observing the Sabbath is the breaking of bread.

There is not a single hint in the Bible that the Sabbath was changed from the seventh to the first day otherwise it would have been mentioned. The Catholics know this fact and say so.

Last edited:

Michi

Established
@Lyfe

Great points! Thank you. Jesus found me in very poor condition, very poor. He is reforming me as well.

What of the examples over time, people who have demonstrated Jesus' grace? The martyrs, Mother Theresa, the entire school that shaved their heads for one student with cancer. It can be contagious!

There is something about grace that is considered a novelty this day and age, akin to "a puppy gets a home" story. It makes the evil heart pause for a second and try to comprehend.

But I suppose that's not enough. Maybe that's why Jesus comes to us individually instead of collectively.

Lyfe

Star
@Lyfe

Great points! Thank you. Jesus found me in very poor condition, very poor. He is reforming me as well.

What of the examples over time, people who have demonstrated Jesus' grace? The martyrs, Mother Theresa, the entire school that shaved their heads for one student with cancer. It can be contagious!

There is something about grace that is considered a novelty this day and age, akin to "a puppy gets a home" story. It makes the evil heart pause for a second and try to comprehend.

But I suppose that's not enough. Maybe that's why Jesus comes to us individually instead of collectively.
It is because we are made in the image of God that we still retain the inner faculty to know what is good, but knowing what is good and knowing that we should celebrate and acknowledge good(according to our conscience) is not the same as acctually being good or doing good. Its not the same as loving good from the heart. The difference between us and God is that God loves righteousness and righteous deeds. Humans know what good is as their conscience bears witness, but for the most part they remain relatively indifferent to it. People do good as obligatory when good is Gods very nature. Christ came as a light and shined brightly exposing man for what he really is.