2020 General Election Thread

Frank Badfinger

Superstar

justjess

Superstar
As long as we can blame Trump for it, I’m sure it’ll all be fine.
Remember the beginning of the lockdown? When the corona virus just started impacting everyone’s lives?

i do. There was a sense of unity around here. Even people that were completely ideologically opposed were finding common ground and dealing with each other in a positive manner. Hell, I even wished Lisa well. Then the George floyd thing, the masks, the riots.... and now you take a look at just this forum and what do you see? Everyone backed into their corners deeper then they’ve ever been, at eachothers throats, incapable of an honest rational conversation without petty barbs and bullshit. Assumptions, othering, demonizing, strawmen, bullshit.. so whatever the hell they got planned coming down the pipeline, if this forum is any indication we are all thoroughly screwed. Congratulations. The majority of you have bought right into their game - hook, line, and sinker.

Lisa

Superstar
Remember the beginning of the lockdown? When the corona virus just started impacting everyone’s lives?

i do. There was a sense of unity around here. Even people that were completely ideologically opposed were finding common ground and dealing with each other in a positive manner. Hell, I even wished Lisa well. Then the George floyd thing, the masks, the riots.... and now you take a look at just this forum and what do you see? Everyone backed into their corners deeper then they’ve ever been, at eachothers throats, incapable of an honest rational conversation without petty barbs and bullshit. Assumptions, othering, demonizing, strawmen, bullshit.. so whatever the hell they got planned coming down the pipeline, if this forum is any indication we are all thoroughly screwed. Congratulations. The majority of you have bought right into their game - hook, line, and sinker.
Lol...maybe you shouldn’t have backed one side against the other and kept those well wishes up? Then at least you could say you didn’t participate in the division?

Thunderian

Superstar

I do remember that. I also remember some people here sounding crazier and crazier, cheering on further lockdowns and more violence in the streets. I also remember when Colonel Valerio/TMT/Whatever said, in a now deleted thread, that he hoped my wife and children would die. The things he said to me were some of the worst words I’ve ever read on this board, and they went on and on, a vicious and hateful stream. I kind of hoped that some of that previous unity and goodwill would cause someone, anyone, even you, to step up and tell him to lay off, as I have done in the past for people who I don’t necessarily agree with, but who are being abused and treated unfairly. But there was nothing from anyone, so that’s how much that unity was worth, apparently.

My position hasn’t changed since this all started. Covid is not nearly as dangerous as they claimed it would be, lockdowns do much more harm than good, and violence and looting during protests are wrong. If those are the opinions that are dividing us, that’s unfortunate, but don’t act like I’m being the unreasonable one here.

Thunderian

Superstar
More proof that Biden will not be let anywhere near a debate stage. He can’t answer simple policy questions without reading straight from the notes that his babysitters prepare for him. It’s not uncommon for politicians to have notes, that’s not the issue. The issue is that he can’t seem to understand what part of the notes are for him to read to himself, and what parts are for him to read aloud. And he still sounds like he has no idea what he’s talking about.

By comparison, Trump has no problem speaking off the cuff and making sense at the same time. Biden can’t make sense even when they put the words right in front of him.

justjess

Superstar
Lol...maybe you shouldn’t have backed one side against the other and kept those well wishes up? Then at least you could say you didn’t participate in the division?
Backed which side? What fucking side did I back? The “abort ship this is a setup side” - how horrible of me!! Your a useful idiot Lisa.

justjess

Superstar
I do remember that. I also remember some people here sounding crazier and crazier, cheering on further lockdowns and more violence in the streets. I also remember when Colonel Valerio/TMT/Whatever said, in a now deleted thread, that he hoped my wife and children would die. The things he said to me were some of the worst words I’ve ever read on this board, and they went on and on, a vicious and hateful stream. I kind of hoped that some of that previous unity and goodwill would cause someone, anyone, even you, to step up and tell him to lay off, as I have done in the past for people who I don’t necessarily agree with, but who are being abused and treated unfairly. But there was nothing from anyone, so that’s how much that unity was worth, apparently.

My position hasn’t changed since this all started. Covid is not nearly as dangerous as they claimed it would be, lockdowns do much more harm than good, and violence and looting during protests are wrong. If those are the opinions that are dividing us, that’s unfortunate, but don’t act like I’m being the unreasonable one here.
I actually did tell him to step off. You wouldn’t know that though I guess cuz u didn’t ask. I told him numerous times to chill out and that he actually liked you and was going nuts. If you were going to hold hard feelings thinking that I didnt maybe you should have started a conversation with me?

my comment wasn’t even about you. Just the extreme division that is infesting every corner of everything. If this forum is a microcosm then what’s playing out on a big scale is clearly evident here on a small scale. I’m sure this was the precise goal of the elite the whole damn time and based on what I’m seeing here they are getting exactly what they want - whatever budding unity was forming in the face of a common enemy quickly and completely evaporated once they convinced us the enemy was actually each other instead.

Lisa

Superstar
They’re desperate. They’ve thrown everything at Trump, including impeachment. Fraud is their only option.
I like how they say it’s gonna look like trump wins big...they already know it’s a blowout..they need to seriously consider conceding now.

Thunderian

Superstar
Driving single mothers who are small business owners into hiding for exposing the hypocrites who would tell Americans what’s good for them. This is a GREAT look for the Democrats.

BC486BF2-FE48-4520-8CEB-D4D6A9244E04.jpeg