500 Years Of Protestantism: The 38 Most Ridiculous Things Martin Luther Ever Wrote

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
It's a faux debat in my opinion. You can tell a tree by its fruits. A tree can stand tall all it wants, but if it doesn't grow fruits there will be no harvest.
Yet it is in the very make up of a fruit tree to bear fruit. A willow can try all summer to produce an apple, but won't have much success...

If you are born again and in family relationship with the Lord, the fruits follow and are evident in the spirit you display, but people must realise that fruits are an indication of the life of Jesus in a believer, not the thing that creates it.

That is not to say there is no value in fruit - after all, what do you prize an apple tree for the most?

Etagloc

Superstar
The other thing is, I think this thread's treecentrism is just a little plantist.

In the effort to combat the treecentrist menace, I post this cactus- which, although having a harsh and perhaps even prickly exterior.... is beautiful in its own unique and cactusy way :)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The other thing is, I think this thread's treecentrism is just a little plantist.

In the effort to combat the treecentrist menace, I post this cactus- which, although having a harsh and perhaps even prickly exterior.... is beautiful in its own unique and cactusy way :)

At the risk of incurring a copyright strike from @The Zone ...

bu.jpg

Karlysymon

Superstar
Tom Hank's character in Angels and Demons said the Vatican is a corporation. Iam sure they just don't want to list it on the Fortune 100

DesertRose

Superstar
No insult, it takes skill to be "a plant". :)
Why JoChris?.....That statement is mean.:(
I disagree.
I think people can be truth-seeking and have doubts about paths and they may eventually find their true spiritual home.
Besides people gathering info on the members on this forum are wasting time....

Luther had many flaws, nevertheless, thank God the RCC doesn't have to milk us dry for indulgences like the Medieval serf.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence#Protestant_Reformation
I'll post something about these indulgences soon, cause the Protestant's objection to this is really a big joke, especially considering they have allied with the haute-bourgeoisie and bankers against the Church to either destroy, steal or buy European Church property.

The Vatican on Forbes 100? CIA has their economic stats of 2013:

Revenue: $315 million
Expenditure: $348 million

The Vatican is a failing business. And Protestants who now dominate most part of the imperialist US political, judicial and corporate world had and still have a big part to play in it and are rubbing their hands in glee.

Kung Fu

Superstar
The Vatican is a failing business. And Protestants who now dominate most part of the imperialist US political, judicial and corporate world had and still have a big part to play in it and are rubbing their hands in glee.
Let's not forget their support of Israel for the sole reason of wanting the end of the world to come a little sooner.

Of course not.. !

The spirit behind this one is not simple misunderstanding imo. In fact-- and this almost seems too easy-- there's a book that was written with the sole purpose of discrediting Luther, by this man:

Adam Weishaupt was born in 1748 of Jewish parents but grew up in the Catholic faith. When his father, George Weishaupt, died in 1754, young Adam was turned over to be raised by the Jesuits by his godfather, Baron Ickstatt, who was curator of the university of Ingolstadt in Bavaria.

He was initiated as a Freemason in 1774 in either Hanover or

lMunich, but found that no one in his order truly understood the occult significance of the ceremonies. He decided to found his own organization, which he did on the first of May 1776. This organization was first known as "The Order of Perfectibilists" but became famous as the "Ordo Illuminati Bavarensis", or the Illuminati for short.

I find it hard to believe he was a Protestant.
The book: Luther: The Devil's Disciple
o_O
I'm sorry, but the author of this book used Adam Weishaupt as a pseudonym and the book itself dates from 2011.

The real Adam Weishaupt would never have written a book like that, nor would any Illuminati for that matter, because their obsession was to rid Europe of the universalist Catholic morale. Their hatred was for the Church. The Illuminati's descendants after they were banished from Bavaria, spearheaded by Illuminati leader Johann Bode, infiltrated French Masonry and sided with the Protestants against King and Church during the French Revolution. Nicholas Bonneville, one of Bode's lieutenants, founder of a handful Masonic lodges (Social Club, Society of the Friends of Truth, etc) underlined the vision of the Illuminati and the common interest of Protestants in his newsletter the Mouth of Iron:

"When the last king is hanged with the entrails of the last celibate priest, mankind may hope to be happy."

Yes, the Illuminati and Protestants greatly succeeded in that much needed turning point.

Let's not forget their support of Israel for the sole reason of wanting the end of the world to come a little sooner.
That's why I call it an unholy old-testamentary alliance. Catholics have always emphasised the Gospel, not the Old Testament, which is why the Church had never been swayed by Jewish ambitions until after World War 2.