A Letter to Trump

Kung Fu

Superstar
JFK didn't get whacked for his Executive Order 11,110. Don't worry, I used to believe that too.

Executive order 11,110 was a temporary measure to continue to allow silver certificates to be issued by the Secretary of Treasury in a transition towards Federal Reserve notes exclusively. So JFK's end goal was complete exclusivity for the Fed to issue money.

JFK received the bullet because he wanted to open up Israel's nuclear program to international scrutiny.

I think it's highly unlikely that Trump would dismantle the Fed during his 2nd term. If he did, even I would be baffled. But you can compare Trump's position on Fed policies to that of previous presidents, and you will notice a sharp difference in critique and awareness of what the Fed is doing.
Exactly, JFK went up against both beasts and he paid the price. But at least it showed us that he wasn't a puppet at least not at the end.

It's like I've said before if you want to know who is a puppet just look at their policies in regards to money and Israel. Trump fails in both regards.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Is this aimed at me? Follow him on Twitter and see for yourself. Here's an idea:

Trump has tweeted about the Fed 100 times since nominating Jerome Powell

During the Federal Reserve’s policy pivot in 2019, President Donald Trump relied heavily on his Twitter account to call for more aggressive rate cutting, later demanding that the central bank push rates into negative territory.

A majority of the tweets (53%) were sent before 10 a.m. ET. Trump also sent almost 30% of his tweets during the 11 days leading up to a policy decision referred to as the “Fed blackout,” when policymakers are not permitted to make public remarks.

Forbes shares a study that claims Trump's influence on the Fed is endangering capitalism.

How Trump's Tweets Killed The Fed's Credibility

Observers have long suspected that President Donald Trump's jawboning of the Federal Reserve may hurt the central bank's credibility with investors.

Now they have proof in the form of a recent study from the National Bureau of Economic Research.

"Our results suggest that markets do not perceive the Federal Reserve Bank as a fully independent institution immune from political pressure," states the paper titled "Threats to Central Bank Independence: High-Frequency Identification with Twitter" by Francesco Bianchi, at Duke University plus Howard Kung, and Thilo Kind, both at the London Business School.

To study whether investors believed that the Fed would act independently of White House jawboning, the professors observed market reactions to the President's tweets. Trump is famous for using twitter to send messages urging change.

What they found was disturbing.

"The collected tweets ardently pressure the fed to lower interest rates," the report states.
They found that the President's tweetstorms worked and resulted in lower expectations of the cost of borrowing money than would otherwise be the case. The conclusion got reached after looking closely at the price of Fed Funds futures contracts along with the tweets and analyzing what changed.
"The cumulative effect of the collected tweets implied our estimation is around negative 10 bps over the past year, with the effect growing over time and horizon," the report continues.
For clarity, 10 bps is equivalent to one-tenth of one percentage point. While that may seem like a nominally small difference when it comes to central banking that is a large figure. The current target Fed funds rate is 1.75% to 2%, so a difference of 0.1% is meaningfully lower than they would have been if the President hadn't tweeted.

"Our findings suggest that market participants believe that the erosion to central bank independence is significant and persistent," the report continues.

Put simply, investors have lost faith in the ability of the Fed to withstand influence from the White House.

Trump's tweet killed the Fed's credibility? How is that going to do anyone any good? Also, if I can recall didn't the Fed basically tell Trump to f off and that they'll do what they want to do? Did they listen to Trump?

Trump's tweet killed the Fed's credibility? How is that going to do anyone any good? Also, if I can recall didn't the Fed basically tell Trump to f off and that they'll do what they want to do? Did they listen to Trump?
Your answer is in the Forbes article.

Exactly, JFK went up against both beasts and he paid the price. But at least it showed us that he wasn't a puppet at least not at the end.

It's like I've said before if you want to know who is a puppet just look at their policies in regards to money and Israel. Trump fails in both regards.
No, JFK didn't go against one beast (the Fed) is the point I was trying to make. He went against the interests of Israel and got whacked. So if Trump wants to stay alive, it's best to pander to Israel and get your country back on track. Still a defining marker of Trump is that he hasn't launched a new war or campaign of destabilisation in the Middle East on Israel's behalf, despite him being the "biggest pro-Zionist" puppet in the White House ever.

Aero

Superstar
Is this aimed at me? Follow him on Twitter and see for yourself. Here's an idea:

Trump has tweeted about the Fed 100 times since nominating Jerome Powell

During the Federal Reserve’s policy pivot in 2019, President Donald Trump relied heavily on his Twitter account to call for more aggressive rate cutting, later demanding that the central bank push rates into negative territory.

A majority of the tweets (53%) were sent before 10 a.m. ET. Trump also sent almost 30% of his tweets during the 11 days leading up to a policy decision referred to as the “Fed blackout,” when policymakers are not permitted to make public remarks.

Forbes shares a study that claims Trump's influence on the Fed is endangering capitalism.

How Trump's Tweets Killed The Fed's Credibility

Observers have long suspected that President Donald Trump's jawboning of the Federal Reserve may hurt the central bank's credibility with investors.

Now they have proof in the form of a recent study from the National Bureau of Economic Research.

"Our results suggest that markets do not perceive the Federal Reserve Bank as a fully independent institution immune from political pressure," states the paper titled "Threats to Central Bank Independence: High-Frequency Identification with Twitter" by Francesco Bianchi, at Duke University plus Howard Kung, and Thilo Kind, both at the London Business School.

To study whether investors believed that the Fed would act independently of White House jawboning, the professors observed market reactions to the President's tweets. Trump is famous for using twitter to send messages urging change.

What they found was disturbing.

"The collected tweets ardently pressure the fed to lower interest rates," the report states.
They found that the President's tweetstorms worked and resulted in lower expectations of the cost of borrowing money than would otherwise be the case. The conclusion got reached after looking closely at the price of Fed Funds futures contracts along with the tweets and analyzing what changed.
"The cumulative effect of the collected tweets implied our estimation is around negative 10 bps over the past year, with the effect growing over time and horizon," the report continues.
For clarity, 10 bps is equivalent to one-tenth of one percentage point. While that may seem like a nominally small difference when it comes to central banking that is a large figure. The current target Fed funds rate is 1.75% to 2%, so a difference of 0.1% is meaningfully lower than they would have been if the President hadn't tweeted.

"Our findings suggest that market participants believe that the erosion to central bank independence is significant and persistent," the report continues.

Put simply, investors have lost faith in the ability of the Fed to withstand influence from the White House.

Investors lose faith or get spooked by any old thing. So I take that article with a grain of salt.

Anyway, spooking investors and presenting Trump as some kind of Trojan horse seems to have worked on you. Maybe that's the whole point and your lost in a room of smoke and mirrors.

Investors lose faith or get spooked by any old thing. So I take that article with a grain of salt.
You should, but the main point is that the Fed actually reacts to what Trump puts out in the public and that investors and businessmen question the Fed's independence. Isn't that common people's biggest concern about the Fed? That it's completely independent (private)?

Aero

Superstar
You should, but the main point is that the Fed actually reacts to what Trump puts out in the public and that investors and businessmen question the Fed's independence. Isn't that common people's biggest concern about the Fed? That it's completely independent (private)?
I think the biggest concern with the fed is they are self-serving and completely out of touch with the economy as a whole.

Either way, the article and your assertions don't really dive into motivations. Like do you really believe Trump is trying to undermine the fed to benefit any of us? It seems more likely Trump does all of that to save himself money.

Kung Fu

Superstar
No, JFK didn't go against one beast (the Fed) is the point I was trying to make. He went against the interests of Israel and got whacked. So if Trump wants to stay alive, it's best to pander to Israel and get your country back on track. Still a defining marker of Trump is that he hasn't launched a new war or campaign of destabilisation in the Middle East on Israel's behalf, despite him being the "biggest pro-Zionist" puppet in the White House ever.
He did somewhat. Backing up money and taking control or at least partial control away from the Fed is a start. More than Trump has done. And then going up against Israel. JFK's problem was he let his guard down.

Perhaps the reason Trump hasn't launched any new conflict is because all the destabilizing they needed done was done by the previous presidents. Regardless him and Bibi seem to love one another.

In regards to the Fed and Israel he's done nothing but maybe he'll do something in his second term in regards to both of them. We'll see.

justjess

Superstar
He did somewhat. Backing up money and taking control or at least partial control away from the Fed is a start. More than Trump has done. And then going up against Israel. JFK's problem was he let his guard down.

Perhaps the reason Trump hasn't launched any new conflict is because all the destabilizing they needed done was done by the previous presidents. Regardless him and Bibi seem to love one another.

In regards to the Fed and Israel he's done nothing but maybe he'll do something in his second term in regards to both of them. We'll see.
It begs the question of why we need an ever expanding military budget if there’s no intention to use the military in a larger capacity then it’s already being used. Trump continuously increases the military budget for some reason. Anyone’s guess as to why :rolleyes:

Supports what I said about Trump entertaining good relations with Israeli nationalists (like Bibi), but not those Zionist globalists who seek to destabilise Israel's neighbours.

It begs the question of why we need an ever expanding military budget if there’s no intention to use the military in a larger capacity then it’s already being used. Trump continuously increases the military budget for some reason. Anyone’s guess as to why :rolleyes:
What's wrong with having a strong defense?

justjess

Superstar
What's wrong with having a strong defense?
Really? A country that is geographically isolated from its “enemies” needs a “defense” budget larger then the next god even knows how many countries combined? Who’s invading us? And how is it defense when a large proportion of our combat troops areNt even stationed on American soil? Defense of what exactly?

Kung Fu

Superstar
Supports what I said about Trump entertaining good relations with Israeli nationalists (like Bibi), but not those Zionist globalists who seek to destabilise Israel's neighbours.
Bibi is hardcore Zionist and so he's a part of the Zionists globalists. Iraq, Syria, and Iran well Bibi supported all of that.

Is Trump's plan to be friends with Bibi and let him to continue to kill a bunch of Muslim and Christian Palestinians just so he doesn't get on his bad side?

Either way, the article and your assertions don't really dive into motivations. Like do you really believe Trump is trying to undermine the fed to benefit any of us? It seems more likely Trump does all of that to save himself money.
So I'm saying his motivation is the common good. You're saying it's for self-interest. Unsure why my beliefs are worth less than yours. But if you think Trump is doing this for his own gain, there are numbers you could verify if you want to support that.

Trump's net worth in 2015 according to Forbes: $4.5 billion

Trump's net worth in 2019 according to Forbes: $3.1 billion

That's a drop of $1.4 billion during his presidency.

In comparison, Obama's net worth is 30 times higher than the day he went into office.

Than you could look at the national numbers of the US, if the average citizen has gained or lost during Trump's presidency and compare it to Trump's net worth loss of 30%.

Lisa

Superstar
Doesnt matter. The bankers created an economic system to where they have a stranglehold on the economy and all you can tell me Trump did was give people a better position in the banker's scheme. You must have low standards if you give him props for that....
That’s the strangest thing I’ve heard. Everyone needs a job to make money...if someone is helping though have a better chance at making it...I don’t know how your theory can hold up.

Really? A country that is geographically isolated from its “enemies” needs a “defense” budget larger then the next god even knows how many countries combined? Who’s invading us? And how is it defense when a large proportion of our combat troops areNt even stationed on American soil? Defense of what exactly?
What are we disagreeing on exactly? I want US troops to withdraw from places abroad too. I think the US has little to be afraid of given their geographical position, but none of this takes away from a country's right to build a strong defense against any potential outside threats. The key word here is Defense. As long as it's not Offense, I see no problems.

Oh, money as debt is a ponzi scheme ... Revelatory stuff, mate. So Trump only passes the test if he calls out the banking system? Or is trying to use their own method of compound interest against them good enough? He's publicly denounced the Fed to drop interest rates, even calling for negtaive interest rates to boost US economy. He's even alluded that Jay Powell, president of the Fed, has a more detrimental effect on the US economy than the president of China.

Most people here have understood the parasitic monetary scam that controls our economies since the 2000s, but not many seem to understand realpolitik. Ron Paul was never POTUS. He didn't even come close. Trump won. You'll have to work with that. You think someone can just go ahead and dismantle the money-as-debt system just like that in a mere 4-year term? Politicians have lost their lives for a lot less.

You said Trump was working for bankers. If he was working for bankers, he would not call for negative interest rates on treasury bonds. Burden of proof is on you.
No no no. You cant beat someone at a game they rigged for themselves to win. The only way to win is non compliance. And of course Trump made billions of dollars playing and really became "Donald Trump" playing their game so non compliance isnt an option. Just by participating in their sham of an economy he has to dance to the tune of the feeral reserve.

And so far all I've seen brought to the table as far as good he's done is he gave people a better position in the sham (with low wage jobs of course) or he kindly asked them to lower interest rates on money they're creating out of nowhere. Low standards for props I think....

That’s the strangest thing I’ve heard. Everyone needs a job to make money...if someone is helping though have a better chance at making it...I don’t know how your theory can hold up.
No everyone "needs a job to make money" in this debt based society that has turned the populace into wage slaves. And Trump has done nothing to combat that scam now has he?

justjess

Superstar
What are we disagreeing on exactly? I want US troops to withdraw from places abroad too. I think the US has little to be afraid of given their geographical position, but none of this takes away from a country's right to build a strong defense against any potential outside threats. The key word here is Defense. As long as it's not Offense, I see no problems.
I guess we are disagreeing on describing the current state of the United States military as defensive. It isn’t as hasn’t been in atleast twenty years, if ever. I can see absolutely no good rationale for continuing to increase the military budget and I can’t reconcile trumps anti war statements and his record so far of not engaging in more warfare with his continued support of increasing the military budget... unless there’s another war coming - either internationally or domestic - it makes no sense. It feels to me they are gearing up for a domestic military situation and that’s the opposite of defense.

Typical mantra of an indoctrinated being. The Catholic Church was the anti-slavery PIONEER. Always has been. Just go through their papal bulls. I've linked them like 3 or 4 times in the past, but people care only about their bias being confirmed.
*yawns*

We (the Catholic Church) grant you by these present documents, with our Apostolic Authority, full and free permission to invade, search out, capture, and subjugate the Saracens and pagans and any other unbelievers and enemies of Christ wherever they may be, as well as their kingdoms, duchies, counties, principalities, and other property [...] and to reduce their persons into perpetual servitude

Catholic Church: We give you (Europeans) permission to take everything from them and put them into perpetual servitude

Artful: The Catholic Church was anti slavery....