BTS discussion thread

theartbook35

Veteran
For a group that's on 'hiatus' they're very active! They've learned from other groups and are not making any mistakes I guess. They know their influence on the fandom and the industry would crumble without all these recent releases.
As more of them enlist in the military, they'll become less active. Aside from YG, nobody else in the group is really doing anything right now, and I have a "believe it when I'll see it" attitude toward JK's solo album. They're gonna be doing the military service until 2027/2028 is my best guess. I think it's 18 or 20 months they have to serve, so at the most that's nearly two years. They'll become progressively more inactive over time, and I'm pretty sure if they have a comeback not many people will care.

e-Enoch

Superstar
For a group that's on 'hiatus' they're very active! They've learned from other groups and are not making any mistakes I guess. They know their influence on the fandom and the industry would crumble without all these recent releases.
Assuming they'll reconvene by 2025 in December, at the latest, that means everyone else in the group will have to enlist by May or early June 2024... to complete the 18 month- military service...

Jin will be discharged by June 12, 2024 and will be the ONLY member active by then, followed by Jhope in October, 2024.

If they're aiming at a 12th anniv comeback, then the rest of the members should enlist by Dec 2023...

Otherwise...

Teresa

Rookie
I'm not the supernatural type but I get what you're saying. It's there forever. It's about as foolish as when people get someone their dating or even someone they're married to tattooed on them. I'm cool with people tattooing their kids' names or faces on them, or tattoos of/about certain family members, though. But man is it weird when it's a celebrity. I guess people don't think much of it because it's a famous person, but it'd be no different than a stalker getting their victim tattooed on them.
I think it's ultra weird to do that. Flea of the Red Hot Chili Peppers has a tattoo of Jimi Hendrix's face on his arm but at least Hendrix is a legend and died before Flea got the tattoo done. It's one thing to do that but fans of some bands are getting the faces of band members on their limbs and not just text and symbols associated with those bands. You could go off the music or a celebrity. What if you had tattoos of Rolf Harris's name or face on you only to find out later he was a child abuser? Coldplay were considered cool at one time when they were on BBC Radio 6 and then after they won Brit awards you weren't supposed to like them anymore. Same with Nickelback.

These days it's not just the clothes, accessories and hairstyles and colours that fans of certain Britpop, emo or indie bands had in the 90s and 00s but tattoos. Clothes wear out, accessories can be put away or thrown out and hair grows but tattoos remain on your skin forever. It rankles with me because I started dating someone when I was seventeen and he threatened to get my name tattooed onto his back. I was shocked into silence but my friend talked him out of it. It put me off dating him anymore.

Teresa

Rookie
It's the "parasocial relationship" that makes these people "feel more intimate" with celebrities...even more than they feel with their own real-life friends and blood relatives...plus all the "delusions" that "control" them, thereby ascribing allegiance, loyalty, dedication, and "overwhelming" support to these actual, complete strangers...thus, having them tattooed on their bodies comes very easily... because they've already been "tattooed on their minds" in the first place...

Also, it's something that they "brag" amongst themselves...in the fandom...that those fans who have the tattoos of their stans on their bodies project a higher level of "fanaticism" (read: obsession)...which is considered "admirable" in the world of the fanatics...again, a more twisted case of delusional thinking...
I am now seeing it with Rammstein fans on Facebook. I never like the posts of their latest tattoos. It's super gross. By all means buy or make t-shirts with those designs on them but not get tattoos. T-shirts can be thrown out, put away or given away but tattoos are marked on your skin forever.

These are the same fans who listen to the music by only one band constantly or at least the music in the same sub genre. I get very bored if I listen to music in the same genre all the time. I did as a teenager listen to the same albums over and over again then wondered why I was so either depressed or hyped up. But then again my father would be having classical music on the radio so I wasn't hearing the same kind of music all the time. Once I was in my twenties I listened to a variety of music so would often listen to pop music on the same day as I listened to rock music.