Coronavirus

justjess

Superstar
Look at you... repository of all things. Lol, how do you always seem to have something perfectly appropriate on hand? Is that show airing anywhere? I’d like to see it. Not big in tv so I miss a lot.
The Monroe Republic
View attachment 35816

Careful now. This map briefly appeared in the dystopian tv show Revolution (i really liked the show). 7yrs from now as it was set in 2027....

Karlysymon

Superstar
Look at you... repository of all things. Lol, how do you always seem to have something perfectly appropriate on hand? Is that show airing anywhere? I’d like to see it. Not big in tv so I miss a lot.
Hahaha. What enters my brain doesn't leave....until provoked. :) so i don't do horror genre or anything traumatic.

When you said what you did, that's the first thing that came to mind. I haven't watched the show in years. It aired in 2012 but when i rechecked the wiki page now, i can't believe it was set 7yrs from now. Funny how Contagion filmed 9yrs ago was "imitated by life". Now i wonder if life will imitate this art circa 2027.

justjess

Superstar
Hahaha. What enters my brain doesn't leave....until provoked. :) so i don't do horror genre or anything traumatic.

When you said what you did, that's the first thing that came to mind. I haven't watched the show in years. It aired in 2012 but when i rechecked the wiki page now, i can't believe it was set 7yrs from now. Funny how Contagion filmed 9yrs ago was "imitated by life". Now i wonder if life will imitate this art circa 2027.
I sure hope not, but Reality is becoming stranger then fiction rapidly.

Kudos to you for the awesome memory powers!

Karlysymon

Superstar
why I gotta live in the wasteland?
Hahaha. Monroe was brutal, so people would try flee to Georgia and Texas. The Plains Nations were weird. You should watch it. The tech was also impressive. Electromagnetic guns. I've been thinking lately that some states may try to secede.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah, it’s just so much information to wade through and it changes constantly. Just 2 weeks ago Il Duce said 60k then 80k yesterday meanwhile his government is operating on the assumption that it’s going be to 200k. What a freaking mess man and I don’t why this country can’t get it together like others have. It’s either intentional or negligent homicide. Trump and company deserve to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

And if we reopen then this models will be low. We are talking about a very real possibility of millions of people and it seems like it’s just ok. How desensitized are we?
“Useless eaters”

Nothing is more important then keeping the money rolling..

Dalit

Star

Upload (Amazon Prime) predicts Oprah and Kamala Harris running/winning in 2024. Also, self-driving cars being "safe" but they are not safe.

Aero

Superstar
The national shutdown was worth a try. But it seems like we aren't getting any quantifiable results. It also appears like this strain of the virus is simply too unpredictable to fight with social distancing measures. Especially when you consider those social distancing measures were half-baked and inconsistent all across the board.

We are told this was a national emergency, and all I got was a measly government check. Where's my free COVID-19 test kit? Where is the government provided PPE? And more importantly, what the fuck is the plan for future outbreaks? Obviously, another shut down is not going to work. Unless state and local governments enjoy anarchy because that's what we are heading for.

Let me try to make one thing clear. We can't even keep COVID-19 out of Nursing Homes in America. Does everyone know what tenants of nursing homes do every day? They STAY HOME. So how in the fuck does a stay at home order make sense when the people constantly staying home are all getting sick and dying?? I'm sorry but if we can't effectively lock down a nursing home that's literally already mostly locked down than we have no hope of containment here.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Upload (Amazon Prime) predicts Oprah and Kamala Harris running/winning in 2024. Also, self-driving cars being "safe" but they are not safe.
I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Simpson episode predicting a Trump presidency, in a way also predicted a "first, straight-female" president. And all the infomericals or news reports i've seen of 5G mention that the apparatus has to be firmly in place for self-driving cars to become a thing or to be safe.
the Simpsons writers were sounding a warning to America; a harbinger in the shape of a Trump presidency:

'Simpsons' Writer Who Predicted Trump Presidency in 2000: "It Was a Warning to America"
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/simpsons-writer-who-predicted-trump-876295

"It was a warning to America," writer Dan Greaney tells The Hollywood Reporter.

He adds: "And that just seemed like the logical last stop before hitting bottom. It was pitched because it was consistent with the vision of America going insane."

Aero

Superstar
Just a while ago bro you were saying we wouldn’t hit 70k. We’re going to cross that today or tomorrow.

Anyway I think it would be worse without doing this. I don’t think there is anything that we can do to get this under control. The money and means to keep people afloat is there but the political will is not.

This was handled with such ineptitude that it was either deliberate or negligence.

Don’t use anarchy to mean social breakdown. Use chaos. They aren’t interchangeable.

people have to go into those nursing homes bro and they bring it with them. This is out and we can’t put it back.

I think we have to accept the reality that this is going to be mass carnage. Some of us are going to die because we as a species can’t figure out to run the world without “work”. We’re not smart enough to try anything differently so we will trudge back to jobs we hate because we have no other alternative and we will just accept the risk of a potentially horrible death by COVID. People on this board will die and with these numbers we will all know someone personally who has died before it’s over. We’ll weigh the odds and say “we’ll it’s the old and sick, odds are acceptable, it’s just one of the things we live with like murder and cancer“

You’re a good weird guy Aero.
I said 70k by the summer. But it is my bad for expecting some kind of results. I'm still hopeful to see a sharp decline in COVID related deaths any day now though.

Mass carnage is what we already have, so it's not surprising you like the current plan. Also, I'm pretty sure I didn't bring up society breaking down. Nevertheless, I disagree that such a thing is even necessary.

I think that society can transform into a Utopia. Now, in order to do that we need to start eliminating self-serving institutions. The problem with anarchy is it reinforces those institutions. Chaos, on the other hand, can be harnessed in a way that's surgical like
removing a tumor.

The reality is maintaining the Earth and the physicality of living requires work. That's why through my deepest thinking, I've realized work will even be required in a Utopia. At least until technology can do all the work for us. Either way, work has to exist in the same way energy has to exist.

Aero

Superstar
Not with sin in play it can’t.
That all depends on what you consider a sin. And what you consider perfect for that matter.

Surely a Utopia won't have thought police, but a Utopia shouldn't have any crime either. Like the goal shouldn't be to turn everyone into thoughtless robots but expand on their God-given freedoms. As long as that freedom doesn't hinder anyone else.

Lisa

Superstar
That all depends on what you consider a sin. And what you consider perfect for that matter.

Surely a Utopia won't have thought police, but a Utopia shouldn't have any crime either. Like the goal shouldn't be to turn everyone into thoughtless robots but expand on their God-given freedoms. As long as that freedom doesn't hinder anyone else.
You can’t have an utopia when you have sin in people...it just won’t work. Sin is lawlessness and everyone is a sinner.

~JC~

Veteran
Another examination into the c-virus and deep state. The first 5 min are boring stats but then it gets interesting. Pretty good investigative journalism here.

rainerann

Star
Another examination into the c-virus and deep state. The first 5 min are boring stats but then it gets interesting. Pretty good investigative journalism here.

I listened to this cover something similar. He catches good stuff. This is an article from video. I don’t think we have had it posted in this thread yet, but we probably should have.