Is God Particular?

TokiEl

Superstar
I understand the intent of the fourth commandment and I posted more on it in my thread about the Sabbath. I don't want this thread to become about the Sabbath so I've not gone deep into it. If you reject that the seventh day of the week is the Sabbath of the Lord, you reject God, not me.
What a farcical pharisaical statement.

And I will never discuss the false doctrine of evil angles procreating with people to have hybrid people ever again with you.
You are lacking in knowledge.

No one's knowledge is perfect and I've never claimed mine is, but it won't change the fact that you're wrong on these two subjects.
No im not wrong.

God Bless too.

phipps

Star
Bible questions answered about the importance of sound doctrine

Does it matter what one believes so long as they are sincere?

"But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth." 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

What advice was given to Timothy while preparing for the gospel ministry?

"Till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership. Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all. Take heed to yourself and to the doctrine. Continue in them, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you." 1 Timothy 4:13-16.

What similar instruction was given to Titus?

"But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine: in all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility." Titus 2:1, 7.

Warning against false doctrines.

Of what kind of doctrines should we be aware?

"That we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting." Ephesians 4:14.

"Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them." Hebrews 13:9.

What is a "wind of doctrine"?

"And the prophets become wind, For the word is not in them. Thus shall it be done to them.”" Jeremiah 5:13.

What danger attends the teaching of false doctrine?

"And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ” Matthew 15:9.

By what doctrines are some to be misled in the last days?

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons." 1 Timothy 4:1.

"But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction." 2 Peter2:1.

To what would men turn their ears?

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables." 2 Timothy 4:3-4.

The test of true and false.

How may we determine the truthfulness of any doctrine?

"Test all things; hold fast what is good." 1 Thessalonians 5:21.

By what should we test and prove all doctrine?

"To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20.

Note:-
The Bible is the test of all doctrine. Whatever does not harmonise and square with this, is not to be received.

For what is all scripture profitable?
"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16.

What will sound doctrine enable the faithful teacher to do?

"Holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict." Titus 1:9.

Maldarker

Star
False doctrine of fallen angels? genesis 6 is wrong? When JESUS said that as in the days of NOAH so to shall it be... & now they are already trying to create hybrids again. hmm... Don't be shocked then when those freaks do it again.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
False doctrine of fallen angels? genesis 6 is wrong? When JESUS said that as in the days of NOAH so to shall it be... & now they are already trying to create hybrids again. hmm... Don't be shocked then when those freaks do it again then.
I'm going to respond to this topic once in this thread because this is not the place for it.

Nowhere in the book of Genesis does it say fallen angels married and procreated with humans. Nor is it possible since angels are spirits and do not have sexual organs or human DNA. They do not procreate with each other let alone with humans. None of them were born either. They are created beings. Its a false doctrine to believe fallen angels married and procreated with humans and those who believe in it don't get it from the inspired Word of God, they go outside of it to the book of Enoch which is not of God.

Genesis 6:4 does not indicate that the sons of God were fallen angels. If they were fallen angels God would never refer to them as "sons of God." Whenever God calls people His sons or children it always refers to either righteous angels or people. For example the phrase “sons of God” refers to angels when it is used in Job 1:6, 2:1, and 38:7. Its a phrase used for unfallen angels, those still loyal to God.
That point is made clear in Job 1:6 and 2:1 where there was a meeting in heaven and the sons of God came before the Lord. Satan appears at both meetings but not once is he called a "son of God." Both verses make it a point to say, "and Satan also came among them" and "and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord." Satan was not called a "sons of God" because he isn't one. He is fallen.

Scripture teaches that the fallen angels, those that Satan took with him when he fell are also called demons. They have never been called "sons of God" in their fallen state and never will be.

God also called righteous people His sons.

Jesus is God's son obviously - Luke 1:35, John 3:16.

Israel was God's Son - Exodus 4:22-23.

Solomon was called God's son - 2 Samuel 7:14, 1 Chronicles 17:13, 1 Chronicles 28:6. This was before he abandoned God later.

All those that obey Him are His sons, Children - Matthew 5:9, John 1:12, Romans 8:14, 19, 1 John 3:9-10, Revelation 21:7.

So the sons of God in Genesis 6 are righteous people who married the daughters of men, unrighteous people, they had disobedient giant children (who were completely human). Giants had also existed before the sons of God married the daughters of men. After the mixed marriages (2 Corinthians 6:14-18), sin increased in this world that God regretted ever creating man. God gave them 120 years to repent while Noah built the ark but all of them except Noah and his family rejected God. The flood came and killed them all except Noah and His family.

I like how amazing facts puts it, "Even if they wanted to marry and have babies, they couldn’t; they don’t have human DNA. It would be easier for a jellyfish to marry a mountain goat than for angels to marry and procreate with people. It doesn’t make sense to believe that Genesis 6 refers to the marriage of angels, fallen or holy, to humans."

This is the truth of God's Word.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
...whats critical to understand is that ALL sin is chalked up as failure to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. It is a failure to keep the first commandment. Sin is transgression from the law and when we sin we break the law and as result we break the entire law(as James points out). If you follow the logic of scripture then this is the ultimate conclusion. Even according to the 10 commandments if you commit any sin and sin in your heart/attitude you are failing to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. If you act in pride you are failing to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength and you break the entire law and the most important commandment. If you dont believe God will provide for you and waver in unbelief/doubt you are failing to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength for whatever is not of faith is sin. Zechariah became mute until John was born, because he didnt believe in the angel of the lord. That is how great of a sin unbelief is. If you know to do right and don't do it, it is sin and you fail to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. That means if I feel God calls me to pray and dont do it then it is sin, because I failed to love God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength and didnt do what I knew to be right. How many times in just ONE day do we fail to love God with all our hearts and sin against him in our actions. Even omission and the act of omission is sin and a failure to love God with all heart, mind, soul, and strength. What is keeping the Sabbath if we break the entire law all over again everyday anyways through other sins? The law is so holy, the commandments are so holy and they show no partiality. Can you honestly say you even keep the most important commandment everyday? You are an even bigger sinner than you realize even according to the 10 commansments. Do you agree or disagree @phipps ?

TokiEl

Superstar
Nowhere in the book of Genesis does it say angels procreated with humans.
Genesis 6 1Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

Nor is it possible since angels are spirits and do not have sexual organs or human DNA.
Nor is it possible for angels to eat meat since they are spirits and do not have a digestive system.

For example the phrase “sons of God” refers to angels when it is used in Job 1:6, 2:1, and 38:7.
That's right.

Lyfe

Star
...to further add to my last post. Do you know how many times God has put something in my heart to do, but I did not do it? I was either too tired, too lazy, too afraid, or too stubborn. To him who knows to do right, but doesnt do it, it is sin. Do you know how many times I have questioned Gods love and goodness in my heart? How many times I have wavered in faithlesness in unbelief? I sinned against God and failed to love him with all my heart and in this one sin of the attitude and heart I broke the entire law all over again. Whatever is NOT of faith IS SIN! Remember how Israel was wiped out when they took census of how many soldiers there were? They failed to trust in God for thr victory and put misplaced trust in themselves.

Do we not realize how holy and impartial the law and commandments are? Do we not realize how utterly sinful we are apart from the perfect righteousness of Christ?

Maldarker

Star
I'm going to respond to this topic once in this thread because this is not the place for it.

Nowhere in the book of Genesis does it say fallen angels married and procreated with humans. Nor is it possible since angels are spirits and do not have sexual organs or human DNA. They do not procreate with each other let alone with humans. None of them were born either. They are created beings. Its a false doctrine to believe fallen angels married and procreated with humans and those who believe in it don't get it from the inspired Word of God, they go outside of it to the book of Enoch which is not of God.

Genesis 6:4 does not indicate that the sons of God were fallen angels. If they were fallen angels God would never refer to them as "sons of God." Whenever God calls people His sons or children it always refers to either righteous angels or people. For example the phrase “sons of God” refers to angels when it is used in Job 1:6, 2:1, and 38:7. Its a phrase used for unfallen angels, those still loyal to God.
That point is made clear in Job 1:6 and 2:1 where there was a meeting in heaven and the sons of God came before the Lord. Satan appears at both meetings but not once is he called a "son of God." Both verses make it a point to say, "and Satan also came among them" and "and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord." Satan was not called a "sons of God" because he isn't one. He is fallen.

Scripture teaches that the fallen angels, those that Satan took with him when he fell are also called demons. They have never been called "sons of God" in their fallen state and never will be.

God also called righteous people His sons.

Jesus is God's son obviously - Luke 1:35, John 3:16.

Israel was God's son - Exodus 4:22-23.

Solomon was called God's Son - 2 Samuel 7:14, 1 Chronicles 17:13, 1 Chronicles 28:6. This was before he abandoned God later.

All those that obey Him are His sons, Children - Matthew 5:9, John 1:12, Romans 8:14, 19, 1 John 3:9-10, Revelation 21:7.

So the sons of God in Genesis 6 are righteous people who married the daughters of men, unrighteous people, they had disobedient giant children (who were completely human). Giants had also existed before the sons of God married the daughters of men. After the mixed marriages (2 Corinthians 6:14-18), sin increased in this world that God regretted ever creating man. God gave them 120 years to repent while Noah built the ark but all of them except Noah and his family rejected God. The flood came and killed them all except Noah and His family.

I like how amazing facts puts it, "Even if they wanted to marry and have babies, they couldn’t; they don’t have human DNA. It would be easier for a jellyfish to marry a mountain goat than for angels to marry and procreate with people. It doesn’t make sense to believe that Genesis 6 refers to the marriage of angels, fallen or holy, to humans."

This is the truth of God's Word.
WAIT your so wrong....how did the giants become? How about the story of Lot? Angels where present at sodom & they wanted to have sex with them so....BTW amazing facts guys doctrines are wrong (SDA)

fotw

Established
After working for six days... God took a day off.

That's it.

Blessed Rest.
And we are Commanded to do so in the same way. Christ made it clear we are to follow the Commandments which includes the Sabbath. Christ also made it clear it was good to do good deeds on the Sabbath, because it was made for man. Christ never said not to follow the Sabbath. Both you and @phipps are correct. The point is that Christ never said not to follow the Sabbath, and change the day of rest to a pagan holiday known as Sunday, which is the day that pagans worship the sun.

recure

Established
The point is that Christ never said not to follow the Sabbath, and change the day of rest to a pagan holiday known as Sunday, which is the day that pagans worship the sun.
The day of rest was never changed to Sunday; the Sabbath ceased to be observed by Christians but is now being pushed by Judaizers who loathe the ancient Christian tradition. The Bible says that the disciples came together on the first day of the week (i.e. Sunday) to break bread (Act.20.7). Despite this practice being commanded by Christ at the Last Supper, and all external evidence indicating this refers to the weekly observance of the eucharistic meal on a Sunday, phipps tried to explain it away by claiming it was just an ordinary meal you would have on any day of the week, and also claimed that the Lord's Day (Rev.1.10) is referring to the Sabbath; proof that he is ignorant of the matter. It is as Christ said, "you are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures." While trying to avoid anything that you perceive to be pagan, you become Jews in the process, as if that is better for you.

"The new law requires you to keep perpetual sabbath, and you, because you are idle for one day, suppose you are pious, not discerning why this has been commanded you: and if you eat unleavened bread, you say the will of God has been fulfilled. The Lord our God does not take pleasure in such observances: if there is any perjured person or a thief among you, let him cease to be so; if any adulterer, let him repent; then he has kept the sweet and true sabbaths of God." - Justin Martyr, Dialogue ch. 2

phipps

Star
@recure

Since you mentioned me in your post on a thread I started I will respond to this post.

The day of rest was never changed to Sunday; the Sabbath ceased to be observed by Christians but is now being pushed by Judaizers who loathe the ancient Christian tradition.
Why would Christians cease to observe the Sabbath if God nor His Word say so? What reason do they have for not observing it? Can you quote scripture please?

The Sabbath was given at creation, was observed by the prophets and patriarchs in the Old Testament. It was observed by Christ, the apostles and all those they preached the gospel to in the New Testament including Gentiles until the Catholic changed the day of worship later on.

So me and @fotw are judaizers for pointing out that the the fourth commandment which is part of the eternal and perfect law of God is still relevant and the Bible tells us will be for all eternity? My beliefs are as far away from judaizing as they can possibly be. I even have threads against dispensationalism for example which teaches Zionism which is not biblical.

The Bible says that the disciples came together on the first day of the week (i.e. Sunday) to break bread (Act.20.7)
Coming together on the first day or any other day of the week does not mean the Sabbath was changed. It just meant they met on the first day.

Despite this practice being commanded by Christ at the Last Supper, and all external evidence indicating this refers to the weekly observance of the eucharistic meal on a Sunday, phipps tried to explain it away by claiming it was just an ordinary meal you would have on any day of the week, and also claimed that the Lord's Day (Rev.1.10) is referring to the Sabbath; proof that he is ignorant of the matter. It is as Christ said, "you are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures." While trying to avoid anything that you perceive to be pagan, you become Jews in the process, as if that is better for you.
The last supper itself was not even held on the Sabbath nor Sunday, it was just before Jesus was sacrificed which would have been a Friday. The first part of it anyway. Nor does Jesus command that the last supper be done on the Sabbath let alone the first day of the week.

This is what happened and what Jesus said when He instituted the Lord's supper, "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” Then He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father’s kingdom” (Matthew 26:26-29) I don't see where Jesus says you can only do it on Sabbath let alone the first day of the week.

I will re-post what I posted to you about breaking bread in the other thread with one or two additions:

Yes bread was broken during the communion service that was instituted by Christ as a commemoration of His death on the cross. However the word's "breaking bread" were used to also mean having a meal together too, "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart" (Acts 2:46). If we assume that “breaking bread” means having a communion service every time, then the believers in the above verse were celebrating every day! They broke bread everyday in the above verses. Since this is the only record of a Christian meeting on the first day of the week (it would have said Sabbath if it was the day of rest in the New Testament), would it not be mentioned if it was a communion service? But the key point of this story was the resurrection of a dead believer. The full Lord's supper or communion service can be held on any day of the week. We are not told that it can only be held on one day.

The Lord's day is the Sabbath. There is no verse in the entire Bible that refers to Sunday as the Lord’s Day. Rather, the Bible plainly identifies the seventh-day Sabbath as the Lord’s Day. The only day the Lord has ever blessed and claimed as His own is the seventh-day Sabbath, Saturday.

"Call the Sabbath a delight, the holy day of the Lord” (Isaiah 58:13).

“The Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath” (Matthew 12:8).

Anyone who believes in God should have nothing to do with paganism or idolatry. This is mentioned in the New Testament as well (Romans 1:23; 1 Corinthians 6:9; 10:7, 14; 1 John 5:21). Its better for everyone to avoid paganism which those who observe the false sabbath don't, because they observe a pagan day of worship brought in by Catholicism.

"The new law requires you to keep perpetual sabbath, and you, because you are idle for one day, suppose you are pious, not discerning why this has been commanded you: and if you eat unleavened bread, you say the will of God has been fulfilled. The Lord our God does not take pleasure in such observances: if there is any perjured person or a thief among you, let him cease to be so; if any adulterer, let him repent; then he has kept the sweet and true sabbaths of God." - Justin Martyr, Dialogue ch. 2
This whole statement is wrong and not based on God's Word therefore there is no truth found in it. There is no new law about the Sabbath. As long as it is part of the ten commandments, it will always stand forever. I told you before the Sabbath will be celebrated in heaven too after this sinful world has passed away. I will post the scripture in full.

Isaiah 66:22-23, "For as the new heavens and the new earth Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord, “So shall your descendants and your name remain. And it shall come to pass That from one New Moon to another, And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the Lord."

Do you remember I posted about who thought to change the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday? It was the Catholic Church and they claim they did publicly too. Its no secret. I will repost what I posted in that other post to you in case you've forgotten.

Question: Which is the Sabbath day?
Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Question: Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.
—Rev. Peter Geiermann C.SS.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50

"... you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." —The Faith of Our Fathers, by James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, 88th edition, page 89. Originally published in 1876, republished and Copyright 1980 by TAN Books and Publishers, Inc., pages 72-73.

Q. Have you any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?

A. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her; —she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority. —Rev. Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism; New York in 1857, page 174

"It is well to remind the Presbyterians, Baptists, Methodists, and all other Christians, that the Bible does not support them anywhere in their observance of Sunday. Sunday is an institution of the Roman Catholic Church, and those who observe the day observe a commandment of the Catholic Church." —Priest Brady, in an address, reported in the Elizabeth, NJ ‘News’ on March 18, 1903.

They say much more than this. No one has the right to Change God's law. No one is above God and there is scripture that makes it clear that tampering with God's law is wrong.

"You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you” (Deuteronomy 4:2).

“Every word of God is pure. … Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar” (Proverbs 30:5, 6).

And I know you remember I pointed out because its biblical that the Sabbath is not Jewish. God instituted the Sabbath during the creation week with Adam and Eve, they were not Jewish. Abraham would not live until 2000 years later. Then Jesus made it clear that the Sabbath was made for all mankind ( not just Jews Mark 2:27). In the New Testament the new Christian Gentiles kept the Sabbath just as Christ and the apostles did. You remember I told you the early Church had many issues as recorded in the Bible but the Sabbath was never one of them.

Sunday worship is a man made tradition not based in God's Word. What did Jesus say about man made tradition? "You have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. … And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men” (Matthew 15:6, 9).

You're the one who doesn't understand the scriptures on the Sabbath or you do, but reject them because you have observed the first day of the week instead of God's true Sabbath for a long time and can't see yourself changing. Its hard for us to change our ways on our own. Only God works in us to accept His truths. I pray God will let your heart be receptive to His truth.

Last edited:

fotw

Established
The day of rest was never changed to Sunday; the Sabbath ceased to be observed by Christians but is now being pushed by Judaizers who loathe the ancient Christian tradition. The Bible says that the disciples came together on the first day of the week (i.e. Sunday) to break bread (Act.20.7). Despite this practice being commanded by Christ at the Last Supper, and all external evidence indicating this refers to the weekly observance of the eucharistic meal on a Sunday,
Understood, thank you for clarifying. So Christians ceased to keep the Sabbath and continued the breaking of bread on the first day of the week, which so happens to be on the same day that pagans worship the sun. Just a coincidence, I stand corrected. I was not aware this is what the argument among Christians and Christians that are considered Judaizers was all about. Seems it would be better for Christians to continue to keep the Sabbath on the seventh day of the week in obedience to all of the teachings of Christ, and continue to come together on the first day of the week to break bread and continue the tradition. Rest on Saturday, keep it holy, remember how God created the universe, and do good deeds in obedience with the Commandments. Next day, break bread with their friends on Sunday like the disciples, and back to work on Monday. Seems fair to me friend.

EDIT:
I NOW REALIZE THAT I WAS WRONG ABOUT CONTINUING THE TRADITION OF BREAKING BREAD ON SUNDAY AS THE TRADITIONS OF MEN CAUSE THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD TO BE OF NO EFFECT. FURTHERMORE, TO CONTINUE WITH THE TRADITIONS OF THEIR FATHERS WHILE OBSERVING GOD'S COMMANDMENTS CAUSES DUALITY(DOUBLE THINK), WHICH IN TURN CAUSES CONFUSION BETWEEN WHAT IS GOOD AND EVIL, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED IN THE GARDEN WITH THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE.

It is as Christ said, "you are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures."
I understand Christ was mentioned saying this in the book of Matthew in different context.

Matthew
22:16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest The Way of God in Truth, neither carest thou for any [man]: for thou regardest not the person of men.
22:17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, [ye] hypocrites?
22:19 Show me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose [is] this image and superscription?
22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.
22:22 When they had heard [these words], they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.
22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection (or Hereafter), and asked him,
22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
22:27 And last of all the woman died also.
22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.

22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the "Dead", have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the "Dead", but of the Living.
22:33 And when the multitude heard [this], they were astonished at his doctrine.

It is as Christ said, "you are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures." While trying to avoid anything that you perceive to be pagan, you become Jews in the process, as if that is better for you.
Where was Christ mentioned in scripture saying this in relation to what he said in Matthew verse 22:29? Where was Christ mentioned in scripture saying anything about trying to avoid anything being perceived to be pagan, and becoming Jews in the process, as if it was better for them?
Who created and adopted this new law, I do not recognize it. The early Christians? Where in the Bible has this been written?

Last edited:
Cain offered the works of his own hands which represents works salvation, of course God rejected it Able offered the lamb which represents Jesus Christ meaning his sacrifice is the only way, by grace through faith.
So Able murdered a poor little lamb. While Cain used his carpentry skills to produce items that would benefit the community. The last time I looked blood sacrifice was used by devil worshippers. What kind of God demands a poor little lamb to sensessly be killed to satisfy his megalomaniac power? I just hope that they ate the lamb so food wasn't wasted. Waste not want not. No wonder Cain became a rebel.

TokiEl

Superstar
The Lord's day is the Sabbath. There is no verse in the entire Bible that refers to Sunday as the Lord’s Day. Rather, the Bible plainly identifies the seventh-day Sabbath as the Lord’s Day. The only day the Lord has ever blessed and claimed as His own is the seventh-day Sabbath, Saturday.

Pulpit Commentary

On the Lord's day. The expression occurs here only in the New Testament, and beyond all reasonable doubt it means "on Sunday." This is, therefore, the earliest use of the phrase in this sense. That it means Easter Day or Pentecost is baseless conjecture. The phrase had not yet become common in A.D. , as is shown from St. Paul writing, "on the first of the week" (1 Corinthians 16:2), the usual expression in the Gospels and Acts (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2; Luke 24:1; John 20:19; Acts 20:7; comp. Mark 16:9). But from Ignatius onwards, we have a complete chain of evidence that ἡ Κυριακή became the regular Christian name for the first day of the week; and Κυριακή is still the name of Sunday in the Levant.

"No longer observing sabbaths, but fashioning their lives after the Lord's day" (Ignatius.,
'Magn.,' 9.).

Ignatius of Antioch (/ɪɡˈneɪʃəs/; Greek: Ἰγνάτιος Ἀντιοχείας, Ignátios Antiokheías; died c. 108/140 AD),[3][4][7][8][9] also known as Ignatius Theophorus (Ἰγνάτιος ὁ Θεοφόρος, Ignátios ho Theophóros, lit. "the God-bearing"), was an early Christian writer and Patriarch of Antioch. While en route to Rome, where he met his martyrdom, Ignatius wrote a series of letters. This correspondence now forms a central part of a later collection of works known to be authored by the Apostolic Fathers. He is considered to be one of the three most important of these, together with Clement of Rome and Polycarp. His letters also serve as an example of early Christian theology. Important topics they address include ecclesiology, the sacraments, and the role of bishops.

Nothing is known of Ignatius' life apart from what may be inferred internally from his letters, except from later (sometimes spurious) traditions. It is said Ignatius converted to Christianity[10] at a young age. Tradition identifies Ignatius, along with his friend Polycarp, as disciples of John the Apostle.[11]

TokiEl

Superstar
Just because someone keeps the Sabbath as Jesus did doesn't mean they are a Seventh Day Adventist. Any religious organization can claim whatever they want, doesn't mean they own it. Just as the Old Testament doesn't belong to Jews, the New Testament doesn't belong to Christians and the Quran doesn't belong to Muslims. God's word is for everyone that wishes to read it, or abide in it.
Are you under the impression that the quran is of God ?

fotw

Established
My position on the Quran is irrelevant and would only serve to derail this thread. There are many which believe the Quran to be of God, that was my reason for pointing this out. If you wish to know, you can search my profile history, I have nothing to hide.

Besides, we know your position on the Quran. Anyone can search your profile history to find out if they are interested.

Last edited:

fotw

Established
Seems the argument of keeping the Commandments as Christ said to do, has somehow shifted to the letters of Ignatius. I thought this thread was about God being particular as written in the Bible? So now the argument has shifted to a certain form of Christianity vs. Judaism? I think I'm getting it now. Seems it is you people that are posting strange doctrines in an attempt to derail this thread.

How can anyone with an honest heart imply that the letters of Ignatius somehow supersede the words of Christ as written in the Gospel? Are you people calling Christ a Judaizer? Do I need post again what Christ said about keeping the Commandments and how to follow the day of the Sabbath?

Be not seduced by strange doctrines nor by antiquated fables, which are profitless. For if even unto this day we live after the manner of Judaism, we avow that we have not received grace. ...If then those who had walked in ancient practices attained unto newness of hope, no longer observing Sabbaths but fashioning their lives after the Lord's day, on which our life also arose through Him ... how shall we be able to live apart from Him?
— Ignatius to the Magnesians 8:1, 9:1–2, Lightfoot translation.

Let us therefore no longer keep the Sabbath after the Jewish manner, and rejoice in days of idleness. ...But let every one of you keep the Sabbath after a spiritual manner, rejoicing in meditation on the law, not in relaxation of the body ... and not eating things prepared the day before, nor using lukewarm drinks, and walking within a prescribed space. ...And after the observance of the Sabbath, let every friend of Christ keep the Lord's day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days [of the week]. Looking forward to this, the prophet declared, "To the end, for the eighth day," on which our life both sprang up again, and the victory over death was obtained in Christ.
— Letter to the Magnesians 9, Roberts and Donaldson translation, p. 189.

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
The rich man asked this question to Jesus Christ in Matthew 19:16, "Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?”

Jesus Christ answered in Matthew 19:17, "So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.
This is quoted out of context, though.
All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”​
*** THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART ***
Jesus told him, “If you want to be​
perfect, go, sell your possessions​
and give to the poor, and you will​
have treasure in heaven.​
Then come, follow Me.”​
--> IN OTHER WORDS... GIVE UP YOUR ATTACHMENTS TO THIS WORLD, ALONG
WITH YOUR RIGHT TO YOURSELF, AND
FOLLOW ME.

When the young man heard this,​
he went away in sorrow, because​
he had great wealth. Then Jesus​
said to His disciples, “Truly I tell​
you, it is hard for a rich man to enter​
the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell​
you, it is easier for a camel to pass
through the eye of a needle than for
a rich man to enter the kingdom of
God.”​
When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked,​
Who then can be saved?”​
Jesus looked at them and said,​
With man this is impossible, but with God
all things are possible."
According to Jesus (God), eternal life cannot be inherited without the keeping of the commandments. Obedience to God is a condition of eternal life.

LOVE - FAITH - OBEDIENCE AS A RESPONSE TO GOD'S LOVE THROUGH JESUS.

Jesus Christ is our Saviour, not the Commandments.
When we truly love Jesus Christ and have faith in HIM because of HIS love toward us, we would then in return love HIM, have faith in HIM, and keep HIS Commandments. Our keeping of God's Commandments in here will not be a means of salvation, but as a response of love, faith and obedience toward God's love in sending Jesus Christ to die for us, and to save us from eternal death.

"Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him" (1 John 2:3-5). God was the One that first loved us (John 3:16,1 John 4:19).

Romans 5:8, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

We do not obey God's Commandments as a means of salvation.
We love God and we are happy to obey Him since He first loved us. Our love comes as a response toward God's love. So when God asks us to obey Him; obedience should not be a burden if its out of love (1 John 5:3). Without obedience, salvation is not going to be assured.

When faith is exercised strong enough to the point of obedience, eternal life will be assured.

One cannot have eternal life without the keeping of the Commandments. Love and faith is manifested by obedience. Obedience becomes the fruit of love and faith.

A False Teaching:

Beware of the teaching that says, "One is saved by faith alone." This teaching is saying that one is saved by faith without obedience
From your post--

Jesus Christ is our Saviour,
not the Commandments.

We do not obey God's
Commandments as a
means of salvation.
** BUT **
--> ... eternal life cannot be
inherited without the keeping
of the commandments.

It can't be both.

"When faith is
exercised strong enough
to the point of obedience,
eternal life will be assured."

The hallmark of a cult.
-

phipps

Star
This is quoted out of context, though.
All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?”​
*** THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART ***
Jesus told him, “If you want to be​
perfect, go, sell your possessions​
and give to the poor, and you will​
have treasure in heaven.​
Then come, follow Me.”​
--> IN OTHER WORDS... GIVE UP YOUR ATTACHMENTS TO THIS WORLD, ALONG
WITH YOUR RIGHT TO YOURSELF, AND
FOLLOW ME.

When the young man heard this,​
he went away in sorrow, because​
he had great wealth. Then Jesus​
said to His disciples, “Truly I tell​
you, it is hard for a rich man to enter​
the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell​
you, it is easier for a camel to pass
through the eye of a needle than for
a rich man to enter the kingdom of
God.”​
When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked,​
Who then can be saved?”​
Jesus looked at them and said,​
With man this is impossible, but with God
all things are possible."

From your post--

Jesus Christ is our Saviour,
not the Commandments.

We do not obey God's
Commandments as a
means of salvation.
** BUT **
--> ... eternal life cannot be
inherited without the keeping
of the commandments.

It can't be both.

"When faith is
exercised strong enough
to the point of obedience,
eternal life will be assured."

The hallmark of a cult.
-

I Corinthians 8:2, 3, "And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.”

John 2:3–5, “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His Commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His Word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.”

If we know God, we will love Him, and when we love God we obey Him, so says the Bible. Obedience is a fruit of being saved, of loving Christ.

I John 3:4-7, “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.”

John says he does not sin. That means that he does not sin continuously! If you know Jesus, He knows you, and He will give you the power to live a new kind of life. He gives us His righteousness. If there is not deliverance from sin through Christ, then you can have no confidence in Scripture, and if you cannot have confidence in Scripture, what confidence do you have at all about the future?

Many Christians today think they can know God while disobeying Him. John says that the person who says I know God, but is not keeping His commandments, is a liar! Obedience is not optional in Christ. He wants to come into our lives, but He cannot do it if we are disobeying His instructions.

I will stick to Christ's truth and if you think I am part of a cult because I take Him at His word through the Bible, so be it. What God thinks of me is more important than what you or anyone thinks anyway.

I know what I am posting here is God's truth and I know it comes from a place of wanting to tell the truth of His Word. I also know that it is God who makes us receptive to His truth, so I will pray that God makes you receptive to His truth according to the Bible.

Last edited:

fotw

Established
Romans
3:19 Now we know that what things soever The Law saith, it saith to them who are under The Law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
3:20 Therefore by the deeds of The Law there shall no flesh be justified in His sight: for by The Law [is] the Knowledge of sin.
3:21 But now the righteousness of God without The Law is manifested, being witnessed by The Law and the Prophets;
3:22 Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
3:24 Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
3:25 Whom God hath fore-ordained [to be] an atonement through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins THAT ARE PAST, through the forbearance of God;

3:26 To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth Jesus.
3:27 Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? Nay: but by The Law of faith.
3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of The Law.
3:29 [Is He] the God of the Jews only? [Is He] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
3:30 Seeing [it is] ONE God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
3:31 Do we then make void The Law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish The Law.

Last edited: