Judged by the law and works

phipps

Star
1704463227653.png
Matthew 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

phipps

Star
1707223905102.png
THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE JUDGMENT AS REVEALED!.

We have summarized the good news for you below ...

A. God and His manner of handling the sin problem will be vindicated before the entire universe. This is the central purpose of the judgment (Revelation 19:2).

B. Judgment will be decided in favor of God’s people (Daniel 7:21, 22).

C. The righteous will be safe from sin for eternity (Revelation 22:3–5).

D. Sin will be eradicated and will never rise a second time (Nahum 1:9).

E. Everything Adam and Eve lost by sin will be restored to the redeemed (Revelation 21:3–5).

F. The wicked will be turned to ashes—not tortured endlessly (Malachi 4:1).

G. In the judgment, Jesus is judge, attorney, and witness (John 5:22; 1 John 2:1; Revelation 3:14).

H. Both the Father and Son love us. It is the devil who accuses us (John 3:16; 17:23; 13:1; Revelation 12:10).

I. The heavenly books will be helpful to the righteous because they will show God’s leading in their deliverance (Daniel 12:1).

J. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ. The judgment will make that truth evident (Romans 8:1).

K. Not one soul (man or angel) will complain that God is unfair. It will be unanimous that God has been loving, fair, gracious, and kind in dealing with all (Philippians 2:10, 11).

God promises to acquit us in the heavenly judgment if we invite Jesus to enter our lives and permit Him to remain in control.

Maldarker

Star
And you can't keep them all thats the point...I bet you have broken one or another of them just today alone...(even knownly trying to not sin and thats the point) Someone cuts you off in traffic you get mad you sinned...you look at another male/female and have a twinge of wow thats a smoking hotty and you sinned even if it was a fleeting thought and your ugh dang! You sinned...will there be consquence yes... but losing salvation no!

If that was the case then GOD should have removed us from this world the minute we excepted HIM as LORD and saviour be sincere realize we suck humans suck we really do! We need HIM every minute every sec of every day.

But im sure you will go on a rant how im so wrong...Just be careful bro! You might be sinning.

phipps

Star
@Maldarker
And you can't keep them all thats the point...I bet you have broken one or another of them just today alone...(even knownly trying to not sin and thats the point) Someone cuts you off in traffic you get mad you sinned...you look at another male/female and have a twinge of wow thats a smoking hotty and you sinned even if it was a fleeting thought and your ugh dang! You sinned...will there be consquence yes... but losing salvation no!
All of us have sinned and will sin. Does that mean we should give up and accept that we can never stop sinning? As Christians we know that sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2). Is the Bible that tells us we can have victory over sin lying to us? Does God ask us to do anything that we cannot do?

If that was the case then GOD should have removed us from this world the minute we excepted HIM as LORD and saviour be sincere realize we suck humans suck we really do! We need HIM every minute every sec of every day.
We can get to the point of not sinning intentionally even in thought but its a gradual process. As we get closer to God, as we surrender more of ourselves to God everyday we sin less and less. Jesus did not sin and He is our example. He was fully human and yet did not sin and this proves we can do it but only with full submission to God.

During the life long process of sanctification, we will fall but then we confess our sins, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). Jesus is always aware that we are working with Him to achieve a Christ like character. Paul describes this like a race we run for our entire lives (Philippians 3:12-15; 4:1; 1 Peter 1:14-15; 2 Chronicles 15: 7; Hebrews 12:1; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27; Colossians 3:1-4).

But im sure you will go on a rant how im so wrong...Just be careful bro! You might be sinning.
You are wrong. You know you are because as a Christian you don't believe God's Word on this subject. We can all do it through Jesus Christ but if you forget about Jesus in the equation then of course being obedient is impossible.

We are not left to fight the battle against sin on our own, thank God.

And me being sinful doesn't mean I don't tell the truth of God's Word either. God's truth doesn't change and will never change whether we accept it or not.

God bless.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
This is from a post on my "What is sin according to the Bible" thread.

Made Free From Sin.

The Bible says that we can be made free from sin:

"Being then MADE FREE FROM SIN, ye became the servants of righteousness"
(Romans 6:18).

"But now being MADE FREE FROM SIN, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life" (Romans 6:22).

The Bible tells us why it is necessary to be made free from sin:

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

The Bible tells us what sin is:

"...sin is the transgression of the law"
(1 John 3:4).

The Bible tells us what it means to be free from sin:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you..."
(Romans 6:14).

The Bible tells us we are not free to continue sinning:

"What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid"
(Romans 6:15).

The Bible tells us that when we sin we are serving Satan, but when we obey God's 10 Commandments, we are serving God:

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?"
(Romans 6:16).

The Bible tells us that we can stop sinning, stop serving Satan, and start serving God.

"But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you"
(Romans 6:17).

The Bible tells us that servants of God are free from sin.

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life"
(Romans 6:22).

Maldarker

Star
@Maldarker

All us have sinned and will sin. Does that mean we should give up and accept that we can never stop sinning? As Christians we know that sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2). Is the Bible that tells us we can have victory over sin lying to us? Does God ask us to do anything that we cannot do?

We can get to the point of not sinning intentionally even in thought but its a gradual process. As we get closer to God, as we surrender more of ourselves to God everyday we sin less and less. Jesus did not sin and He is our example. He was fully human and yet did not sin and this proves we can do it but only with full submission to God.

During the life long process of sanctification, we will fall but then we confess our sins, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9). Jesus is always aware that we are working with Him to achieve a Christ like character. Paul describes this like a race we run for our entire lives (Philippians 3:12-15; 4:1; 1 Peter 1:14-15; 2 Chronicles 15: 7; Hebrews 12:1; 1 Corinthians 9:24-27; Colossians 3:1-4).

You are wrong. You know you are because as a Christian you don't believe God's Word on this subject. We can all do it through Jesus Christ but if you forget about Jesus in the equation then of course being obedient is impossible.

We are not left to fight the battle against sin on our own, thank God.

And me being sinful doesn't mean I don't tell the truth of God's Word either. God's truth doesn't change and will never change whether we accept it or not.

God bless.
Ugh see there you go! I do know GOD's word on this subject and the walls of text you post i get it what i am saying is don't discourage people YES the only way to overcome is throught CHRIST it all hinges on HIM everything does. What i am getting at and granted i dont have time to post text walls like you do or others but that can be a eye roll for some who struggle and then decide that i've sinned and thats it GOD hates me again etc type of thought process. And what i meant by my last statement is check everything even something you don't think is a sin could be for you. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. And btw reread what i wrote i'm talking about losing salvation or not. Not about just sinning as long as you and i can agree we are works in progress...as a christian we do hate sin do we want to sin no! but if we do we can go to the FATHER and ask for help (maybe should have asked for help prior but thats part of growth)forgiveness etc. So i think we are on the same page brother GOD BLESS!

phipps

Star
@Maldarker
Ugh see there you go! I do know GOD's word on this subject and the walls of text you post i get it what i am saying is don't discourage people
If you don't like my responses then perhaps you should stop responding to them. I am not going to change how I respond for you or anyone else because you don't like it. I don't respond to you most times anyway.

So posting the truth about God on the subject of obedience and disobedience is discouraging people? Why would it discourage anyone?

YES the only way to overcome is throught CHRIST it all hinges on HIM everything does. What i am getting at and granted i dont have time to post text walls like you do or others but that can be a eye roll for some who struggle and then decide that i've sinned and thats it GOD hates me again etc type of thought process.
Why would anyone feel God hates them because of what I post which is God's truth. I also post how God forgives and how we can get back on track too in here and in other threads.

God loves us all but He hates our sin. We live in a sinful world so He tells us how we ought to live and what we have to do to be saved and a huge part of that is obedience through Jesus Christ of course.

And what i meant by my last statement is check everything even something you don't think is a sin could be for you. Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Again this is the implication that because I post what I post I am implying I am perfect and don't sin. Well I have and do sin and I will try and work out my own salvation with fear and trembling as should you and all human beings with God's help. While I am doing that, I will continue to post God's truth too.

And btw reread what i wrote i'm talking about losing salvation or not. Not about just sinning as long as you and i can agree we are works in progress...as a christian we do hate sin do we want to sin no! but if we do we can go to the FATHER and ask for help (maybe should have asked for help prior but thats part of growth)forgiveness etc. So i think we are on the same page brother GOD BLESS!
If we are on the same page why do you and some others on here have a problem with what I post on this subject?

I think the problem is that many Christian churches preach false doctrines on this subject (I have mentioned this in more detail in other threads especially the "Does God Place Conditions on His Gift of Salvation?" one) and those that don't, don't make it as serious a subject as it is in the Bible. Literally the Bible tells us there are books in heaven that everything we've ever said and done is written down in. We are going to be judged from those books.

I don't see what I've done wrong in posting what I did. Its a continuation of everything else I've posted in this thread. If you have a problem with the message I posted, perhaps you should ask yourself why you do.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Obedience is the acid Test of a valid Religion.

The first point we must understand is this: Religious activity is quite useless if we are not doing the will of God. Christ declared that calling on God’s name, and even leading out in great selfless humanitarian programs, will be wasted if obedience to God’s will is excluded.

Mark this fact upon the table of your mind and never forget it—the Scriptures exalt OBEDIENCE as the distinguishing test of a valid religion. Those who engage ever so fully in the preaching of the name of Jesus—with time, talent, and money—and do not keep His commandments, cannot meet the approval of God. In fact, because they are not obeying Christ, such worshippers actually open a door by which Satan can enter unrecognised and work miracles through them, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, which they ascribe to the power of God. The plaintive plea, “Have we not prophesied . . . and in Thy name cast out devils?” is proof positive that their miracles had been done by some other power than that of Christ, albeit in His name. If Jesus never knew them, who else could work such miracles? Only Satan. The Bible speaks of “the spirits of devils, working miracles” (Revelation 16:14).

By the way, what did Jesus mean when He said, “I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity"? How does one really come to “know” the Lord? The beloved John tells us, “Whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him” (1 John 3:6). “He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him” (1 John 2:4). Knowing Him means we obey Him.

Biblically, it is impossible to be a true child of God while refusing to obey the commandments of God. Willful disobedience cuts off the relationship, drives away the Holy Spirit by which we are sealed, and effectively removes the individual from the position of grace.

Now we begin to see how simple it is to test the religious spirits that are in the world today. It is time that we look past the stimulating music, the spellbinding oratory, and even the exciting witnessing programs and apply the test set up by the great Author of all truth—Jesus Himself.

He made it exceedingly clear that the original requirements of God have remained unchanged. The condition of obedience which would have kept man in Eden becomes the condition for his restoration to Eden. “If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15).

Maldarker

Star
@Maldarker

If you don't like my responses then perhaps you should stop responding to them. I am not going to change how I respond for you or anyone else because you don't like it. I don't respond to you most times anyway.

So posting the truth about God on the subject of obedience and disobedience is discouraging people? Why would it discourage anyone?

Why would anyone feel God hates them because of what I post which is God's truth. I also post how God forgives and how we can get back on track too in here and in other threads.

God loves us all but He hates our sin. We live in a sinful world so He tells us how we ought to live and what we have to do to be saved and a huge part of that is obedience through Jesus Christ of course.

Again this is the implication that because I post what I post I am implying I am perfect and don't sin. Well I have and do sin and I will try and work out my own salvation with fear and trembling as should you and all human beings with God's help. While I am doing that, I will continue to post God's truth too.

If we are on the same page why do you and some others on here have a problem with what I post on this subject?

I think the problem is that many Christian churches preach false doctrines on this subject (I have mentioned this in more detail in other threads especially the "Does God Place Conditions on His Gift of Salvation?" one) and those that don't, don't make it as serious a subject as it is in the Bible. Literally the Bible tells us there are books in heaven that everything we've ever said and done is written down in. We are going to be judged from those books.

I don't see what I've done wrong in posting what I did. Its a continuation of everything else I've posted in this thread. If you have a problem with the message I posted, perhaps you should ask yourself why you do.
the reason i say what i say is you come off as a pious sanctimonious ass sometimes holier then thou... we someone comes with scripture saying no thats wrong WALLS OF TEXT come up is what i am saying maybe take a step back is all because prior to what you just wrote i actually thought you where a robot with no sin issue seriously no faults no etc. I come showing my faults etc i know what i am a sinner saved by the grace of GOD so that no man can boast. I come needing a saviour. The law doesn't save you the law condemns. Thats probably why some of us question you you sure like clinging to the laws when what did CHRIST say? What was the most important laws that sums it all up? Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Thats all i am saying...btw i dont mind most of your responses a little long winded sometimes thats discouraging when trying to read what your saying but its a very long post...but i will keep pointing out its not the law that will save you the law will condemn you. Its JESUS and only JESUS.

But i will say i do love most of what you post...
Just some sticking points is all God Bless bro! :)

phipps

Star
@Maldarker
the reason i say what i say is you come off as a pious sanctimonious ass sometimes holier then thou... we someone comes with scripture saying no thats wrong WALLS OF TEXT come up is what i am saying maybe take a step back is all because prior to what you just wrote i actually thought you where a robot with no sin issue seriously no faults no etc. I come showing my faults etc i know what i am a sinner saved by the grace of GOD so that no man can boast. I come needing a saviour. The law doesn't save you the law condemns. Thats probably why some of us question you you sure like clinging to the laws when what did CHRIST say? What was the most important laws that sums it all up? Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
I have never represented myself as holier than thou. I have even told my story of how I left Church for years. Plus I struggle with sin like everyone else. So I am not boasting by posting what I do. I know I am saved by grace through Jesus Christ. However I do not come here to talk about myself. I come to talk about God.

I also think that my being confident in the Word of God and directness is off putting to some people here. Maybe that is why I come across as a "pious sanctimonious ass". I can't help that. I know I am not one.

I am not going to step back and change how I post. You and others are free to choose what you read and respond to.

I have made it a point to make it clear that the law cannot save anyone. We are saved through grace by Jesus Christ. The law points out our sin, then Christ cleanses us of that sin if we surrender and submit to Him.

I have made it clear too by posting actual biblical passages that obedience to God proves that we love Him because Jesus Himself said so, "If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15). Jesus has made it clear to that to know Him is to obey His commandments, "He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:4).

This is why we are going to be judged by the law and works. They prove if the law is written in our hearts and whose precepts we adhere to. A saved person, a person under grace naturally obeys Christ because they walk in His ways being guided by the Holy Spirit.

Christ focussed on the law too. He spoke about it a lot and He obeyed it too.

I post on many other things here and have other different threads on different subjects. When I post on the law I do so because I am aware that many Christians believe in the false doctrine that the law was done away with (I have been told so in my threads and others in this very forum). Jesus came to fulfil the law which means to uphold it. To obey and live according to God's precepts and to show us how to do the same through Him.

Many Christians also believe and are taught that if they sin a little it won't count against them because they already gave their lives to Christ. This is the "once saved always saved" false doctrine. They believe they cannot lose salvation. This is in direct contradiction to the teaching of God in His Word.

Thats all i am saying...btw i dont mind most of your responses a little long winded sometimes thats discouraging when trying to read what your saying but its a very long post...but i will keep pointing out its not the law that will save you the law will condemn you. Its JESUS and only JESUS.
Again I have never posted that the law saves anyone. It can't, can it? Only Jesus can and does save us.

Yes the law condemns us if we are not under grace. I just tend to focus on obedience rather than the law condemning people who aren't saved or who've turned their backs on God (though I have posted on it too). The way I've explained how the law condemns us is by using our human courts. If a person is caught committing a crime and is investigated and taken to court, if the person is found guilty, its because they have broken the law of the land. So the law condemns that person. Those under grace are innocent through Christ and the law does not condemn them because they obey it.

The Bible makes it clear those who will be saved when He returns the second time will be those who keep His commandments because they loved Him, “He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him” (Hebrews 5:9). God's people rather die than disobey Him.

I actually don't think I post long posts. I read a lot and most long posts that people post here aren't too long for me. And I think as Christians we have to read a lot seeing that we are supposed to read and study the Bible daily. In my church we study biblical lessons that call for Bible study every week then we discuss what we've studied and learnt every Sabbath.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Law is love, Its a mirror of God's Holy Character.

When we say the law is love, we're really saying it's a mirror of God's character. So, when Lucifer questioned the law up in heaven, he wasn't just questioning rules; he was questioning love, questioning God and His character.

This same law of love, the core of God's character, was meant to live in the hearts of Adam and all of us. It's a call to remember that at the heart of every guideline is love, a reflection of the divine.

1711125573691.png

Last edited:

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
Grace is not to be seen as a license to break God's law.
View attachment 102871
Again I have never posted that the law saves anyone. It can't can it? Only Jesus can and does save us.

In the meme above you did exactly that.
Think about it ➛if the Law can't save you, then it cannot condemn you, either.

If I understand correctly, you believe God or Jesus (?) helps people obey the law so they will qualify for heaven. You don't believe in the indwelling Holy Spirit-- which kind of explains the running insult: "You just want a License to Sin!" toward those who disagree.

From another perspective...
Possession
Would anyone question the likelihood of EVIL becoming the sole pursuit of someone possessed of a demonic spirit? No.

Yet when someone speaks of the indwelling Holy Spirit, detractors are quick to say, 'You just want a license to sin!" -- as though it would be possible. It's a great way to put someone on the defensive to avoid further discussion, though.
-

phipps

Star
@Maldarker

Here is another of my walls of text.

More on who the law condemns according the Bible.

The doctrine of law and grace is misunderstood by many Christians today. There are two groups: Those that say that ‘Salvation is by grace and grace alone and Christians are no longer required to keep the law’; and those that say, ‘Salvation is by grace, but Christians are still required to obey God’s Law’ (I am one of these).

Grace is God’s benevolent kindness that is given based upon His goodness without regard to the worthiness of the recipient. Grace is God choosing to save and bless us rather than destroy us as our sin deserves. Ephesians 2:8 says, “For by grace are you saved, through faith, and that not of yourselves.”

When we have Grace, we are surrendered to God. We've repented and God forgives us and enables us to obey Him through His power. We cooperate with God through the working of the Holy Spirit. Grace transforms us from disobedient sinners to obedient saints. The law cannot condemn us because we obey it. We have already accepted the gift of salvation and are allowing God to restore us by His love daily.

As we draw closer to Christ, He shows us how we can live the life He created us for, a life of selfless love that reflects Him. This kind of obedience will lead to the greatest freedom and joy rather than bondage. “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3).

On the other hand, the law condemns law breakers. Why? Because, “Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness” (1 John 3:4). If the law breaker/sinner does not repent and accept Jesus as their Saviour they will be judged guilty and lose their lives eternally because the wages of sin death. They did not accept Jesus' death on their behalf and did not allow God to come into their hearts and take control.

That is why Paul wrote, "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit" (Romans 8:1). Those who are walking in the Spirit are in Christ and are spiritually minded and subject to the law are not under the condemnation of the law for transgressing it.

That's why I keep saying, we keep God's commandments because we are saved. It's the natural response to God's saving grace.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
@Maldarker

I have never represented myself as holier than thou. I have even told my story of how I left Church for years. Plus I struggle with sin like everyone else. So I am not boasting by posting what I do. I know I am saved by grace through Jesus Christ. However I do not come here to talk about myself. I come to talk about God.

I also think that my being confident in the Word of God and directness is off putting to some people here. Maybe that is why I come across as a "pious sanctimonious ass". I can't help that. I know I am not one.

I am not going to step back and change how I post. You and others are free to choose what you read and respond to.

I have made it a point to make it clear that the law cannot save anyone. We are saved through grace by Jesus Christ. The law points out our sin, then Christ cleanses us of that sin if we surrender and submit to Him.

I have made it clear too by posting actual biblical passages that obedience to God proves that we love Him because Jesus Himself said so, "If you love Me, keep My commandments" (John 14:15). Jesus has made it clear to that to know Him is to obey His commandments, "He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:4).

This is why we are going to be judged by the law and works. They prove if the law is written in our hearts and whose precepts we adhere to. A saved person, a person under grace naturally obeys Christ because they walk in His ways being guided by the Holy Spirit.

Christ focussed on the law too. He spoke about it a lot and He obeyed it too.

I post on many other things here and have other different threads on different subjects. When I post on the law I do so because I am aware that many Christians believe in the false doctrine that the law was done away with (I have been told so in my threads and others in this very forum). Jesus came to fulfil the law which means to uphold it. To obey and live according to God's precepts and to show us how to do the same through Him.

Many Christians also believe and are taught that if they sin a little it won't count against them because they already gave their lives to Christ. This is the "once saved always saved" false doctrine. They believe they cannot lose salvation. This is in direct contradiction to the teaching of God in His Word.

Again I have never posted that the law saves anyone. It can't, can it? Only Jesus can and does save us.

Yes the law condemns us if we are not under grace. I just tend to focus on obedience rather than the law condemning people who aren't saved or who've turned their backs on God (though I have posted on it too). The way I've explained how the law condemns us is by using our human courts. If a person is caught committing a crime and is investigated and taken to court, if the person is found guilty, its because they have broken the law of the land. So the law condemns that person. Those under grace are innocent through Christ and the law does not condemn them because they obey it.

The Bible makes it clear those who will be saved when He returns the second time will those who keep His commandments because they loved Him, “He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him” (Hebrews 5:9). God's people rather die than disobey Him.

I actually don't think I post long posts. I read a lot and most long posts that people post here aren't too long for me. And I think as Christians we have to read a lot seeing that we are supposed to read and study the Bible daily. In my church we study biblical lessons that call for Bible study every week then we discuss what we've studied and learnt every Sabbath.
So you actually do come off as pious & its as elsbet said. "Yet when someone speaks of the indwelling Holy Spirit, detractors are quick to say, 'You just want a license to sin!" -- as though it would be possible. It's a great way to put someone on the defensive to avoid further discussion, though."

Who said we want a license to sin but you!? I despise sin to i hate the fact i have thoughts or do some action where you go why did i do that i guess i'm to much a realist and not going to lie to myself in thinking i can do it all as CHRIST did when GOD finishes HIS work in me then yes and thats our blessed hope.

phipps

Star
Some Christians are uncomfortable with the thought of keeping God's law. They find it burdensome and legalistic, as if drawing multiple lines carefully so as not to cross any of them. But scripture teaches us a better way:

Hebrews 8:10 says, "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."

Psalm 40:8, "I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.”

God wants to put a new heart and a new spirit in us. The reason for this is that our old heart of stone and our old spirit had looked upon God's law as something burdensome and legalistic. Not so with our heart of flesh and our new spirit that God gives us.

In Hebrews 8:10, the writer says that God will write His law into our heart and mind. To have God's law written in our heart and mind is to have His law deeply ingrained in our thinking process (mind=heart, where we make our decision). Every decision we make, no matter how big or small, is made with the principles of God's law (commandments) in mind. As a result, our lives are blessed. God's promises that what previously appeared elusive to us can be realised in our lives.

Therefore, the issue concerning keeping God's law is not so much with the law itself but with our heart and spirit. Our old heart and old spirit needed changing. Furthermore, immediately after scripture talks about the mark of the beast, it says, "Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

1711136697855.png

Last edited:

elsbet's cat ^. .^

Established
The law doesn't save you the law condemns. Thats probably why some of us question you you sure like clinging to the laws when what did CHRIST say? What was the most important laws that sums it all up? Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. [38] This is the first and great commandment. [39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

That's right. ☺

The Gospel | M. Heiser
We are by nature sinners—self-absorbed and rebellious. “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Rom 3:23)... the good news of the gospel story is that God knew all that and loved us anyway - It’s what makes the gospel entirely different than any other religion’s teaching about salvation.

Every other religion either denies sin is a problem or says the solution is human performance— repeating rituals, saying prayers, observing religious days, or otherwise being good.

The gospel is the only truth that tells you God had to provide the solution and did.
The Gospel | What Does God Want?

But i will say i do love most of what you post...
Just some sticking points is all God Bless bro! :)
I agree with you on this, also.
Love most of the posts by @phipps ... but those sticking points. >.<

I would like to believe we are all motivated by the desire to see everyone on the other side. If that's the case, then it's worth discussion without the all the usual hypersensitivity.
We all fall short on this point, occasionally. ☺
As iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens [and influences] another [through discussion].
It's also worth noting the UCG and the SDA have very different beliefs concerning the nature of God, sin and salvation, which is why we disagree on these points.

Back to salvation...
The best example I've heard recently is from the Old Testament: Naaman the Syrian and the widow of Zarapheth. Jesus cites these two in the Temple to point out the error of the people (unbelief), and they tried to throw Him over a cliff...
... both Naaman and the Widow were Gentile PAGANS. It has always been about faith. ☺
Luke 4:16-30

This is a great video.
You can go to the 19:00 minute mark for the story, though.

Abbreviated version.*
Do You Know Why Naaman wanted DIRT?

* I'll post the link to the rest of the conference if you like.
-