Sexualization in Kpop

minnie82

Superstar
If Kpop just turns into American pop. Both musically and visually, I wonder if people are gonna start leaving. The conservative style of the US 90's boy/girl groups of which Kpop is based upon is what drew people in.
That kpop was inspired by American pop music too, but yes it was way more conservative..

minnie82

Superstar
If you go back to the most popular group in South Korea and China in 1997. The difference is night and day. Someone else has stepped in.

the one that i posted aren't a girl group , but two girls that doing many dance covers videos, that's not the only one where they acting sensual..i agree groups didn't do that back then ..

Last edited:

RecievingA

Veteran
the one that i posted aren't a girl group , but two girls that doing many dance covers videos, that's not the only one where they acting sensual..i agree groups didn't do that back then ..
Well look at the girl groups that aren't allowed to succeed. I think this group got three comebacks and thats it. Watch their choreo.

minnie82

Superstar
Well look at the girl groups that aren't allowed to succeed. I think this group got three comebacks and thats it. Watch their choreo.

yes i think of the many others girl groups and even boy ones that disbanded shortly .. maybe they refused to do certain things ..also others more succesfull girl groups like Clc, Everglow etc ..

RecievingA

Veteran
yes i think of the many others girl groups and even boy ones that disbanded shortly .. maybe they refused to do certain things ..also others more succesfull girl groups like Clc, Everglow etc ..
South Korea is very harsh, In an attempt to remain relevant and maintain the lifestyle they are used to. Some former idols become "sexy" streamers.

Ahn Somyi did not participate in promotions with her girl group, DIA, for three years before the announcement came in January 2022 that her contract had been terminated. Despite her company stating that it was due to health reasons, many believe that the real reason might be due to her participation in adult content creation.
2022011505373966.jpg
D_a_PL8JB3zF_gAl.jpg