the banning of argumenatitive users

out of the whole week I have had two users try to disway me from having my own opinions, seemingly not allowing me to voice the opinion that disagrees with theirs and I dont care if they do or dont agree its more so the fact that they have kept coming after several users comments for no literal reason and I beg to wonder why so many accounts are allowed if they are behaving like that towards other members? its very annoying and should be delt with promptly

the report button doesnt seem to do much and if the user wont back down and dial down their insults what else is there to do but avoid sharing what we want to say?

Haich

Superstar
Why don’t you message the user directly and sort it out in private?

Haich

Superstar
The report button doesn’t do much. There was a user named Lisa who for years trolled the hell out of people. It seems she’s gone now so probably has been banned but it took ages. Wouldn’t hold your breath, people don’t get banned easily.

Why don’t you message the user directly and sort it out in private?
they had their profile hidden so couldnt do that, it seems like they are on a break or taking a nap for now but honestly it was ridiculous especially when all i was doing was using the the thread for its main topic and whomever it was went off one on at me bc i didnt agree with them or some other woke nonsense sjw bs? idfk. hopefully that user stays off this site if they have any sense in them cause i kept askinf them that if they were denying what was said on the threadys why were they even on the site? they didnt answer so eventually i just had to give up on replying to them

Daze

Superstar
The report button doesn’t do much. There was a user named Lisa who for years trolled the hell out of people. It seems she’s gone now so probably has been banned but it took ages. Wouldn’t hold your breath, people don’t get banned easily.
Lisa was banned. VC banned her and Kung Fu at the same time. Idk if it was to send a message or because they both kept reporting each other.

out of the whole week I have had two users try to disway me from having my own opinions, seemingly not allowing me to voice the opinion that disagrees with theirs and I dont care if they do or dont agree its more so the fact that they have kept coming after several users comments for no literal reason and I beg to wonder why so many accounts are allowed if they are behaving like that towards other members? its very annoying and should be delt with promptly

the report button doesnt seem to do much and if the user wont back down and dial down their insults what else is there to do but avoid sharing what we want to say?
Well, there is only one mod here and i don't think he visits the forums every day. If you report something expect it to take time to get an answer, if you get one at all.

Reality is you don't have more of a right to be here then anyone else. Nor do they have a higher claim then you to be here. So VC is not gonna ban them for arguing with you. If they are abusive that's a different story. No one here is superior over another. No one here has authority over another other then VC himself because he owns these forums obviously.

I used to get along with a guy on these boards and back in June i swear he wanted to fight about everything. I just got sick of it and put him on ignore. Ignore is probably your best option as it completely removes the person from your point of view. If nobody quotes them its easy to forget they are even here.

Just click on anyone's name on the left and then click ignore. Really makes the boards a better place.

ig.jpg

You can take ignore off if you want to at any point.

There's is also a link at the bottom right that says "show all ignored content". Its temporary and will not take someone off of your ignore list. Its for that page only.

1697044136956.png

For me this defeats the purpose, but I guess if you don't know whats going on in a thread then its probably because of someone in your ignore list.

The problems with ignore is you won't see any thread they've made in the "whats new" column. The thread will also disappear if someone you ignored commented in it last.

But New Posts will show it if you know a thread should be there due to it being active.

np.jpg

1697044587658.png

Its a great tool. I suggest you use it. I'm certain there are people here who have ignored me and a good way to tell is zero engagement, where they don't interact with you at all.

In the end you can't please everyone so why try?

Haich

Superstar
I didn’t know Kung Fu was banned, I don’t remember him being problematic. It’s a shame his contributions were always interesting to read.

Yeah and then the trolls that get banned come back unfortunately, like celestree/eldesande
its makign the point of these threads pointless tho, its just dumb dramas and arguments like reddit. i tried using muttr for awhile but that too was troll infested in the end every site is awful as the next one