Assorted biblical topics.

phipps

Star
Only the service that is performed in sincerity, with a humble, contrite heart, is acceptable to God. ~UL73.5

Flarepath

Star
Only the service that is performed in sincerity, with a humble, contrite heart, is acceptable to God. ~UL73.5

On the other hand, we shouldn't overdo the 'humble' bit or we'll come across as wimps and likely to get Christianity a bad name..;)
"The Lord made my mouth a sharp sword, an arrow in his quiver" (Isaiah 49:1/2)
"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,...pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should" (Ephesians 6:19/20)

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of selfdiscipline" (2 Tim 1:7)
"I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I won't spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others" (2 Cor 13:2)

Flarepath

Star
I don't know who wrote that, but i've highlighted in red the bits that I don't like because it tells us to blindly "accept others".
If that means blindly accepting GLBT's, peedos, perverts, corrupt politicians etc, include me out.
As for us having a "better than thou" attitude, OF COURSE we're better than them because we're the children of God himself..:)
"What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?..Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord, I will be a Father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters" (2 Cor 6:14-18)
My New Year resolution is to go on hammering the unbelievers just as i've always done, and I hope others will do the same because our voices are needed more than ever in these sick depraved corrupt times because if we don't speak out against it, who will?..:)
"The Lord made my mouth a sharp sword, an arrow in his quiver" (Isaiah 49:1/2)

1704045086250.jpg

phipps

Star
"I looked for the church and I found it in the world; I looked for the world and I found it in the church." ~ Horatius Bonar.

We don't want a Church that will move with the world, we want a Church that will move the world. Owen Strachan rightly said that: "Our biggest problem today is not that the Church is in Babylon, our biggest problem today is that Babylon is in the Church."

May our church and ways of righteousness be found in the world not the world sinful behaviors to be found in our church. We live in the world but not for the world. May we influence the world instead of the world influencing us. Dear God, help us so that the world should find its rightful place in this sinful and disobedient world. Transform us into the Church and a people who lead an exemplary lifestyle and make a positive difference. Amen.

Last edited:

clammertoe

Established
Pardon my ignorance, but a chap hereabouts has been quoting as Scripture the Book of Enoch, which (as far as I know) is not commonly accepted as Canonical; so my question is, which translation is this coming from? Does not seem a part of any translation that I know of ... any help? Must be a new translation I have not seen. Thanks in advance.

phipps

Star
Pardon my ignorance, but a chap hereabouts has been quoting as Scripture the Book of Enoch, which (as far as I know) is not commonly accepted as Canonical; so my question is, which translation is this coming from? Does not seem a part of any translation that I know of ... any help? Must be a new translation I have not seen. Thanks in advance.
Proverbs 1:7 is the same in most English translations of the Bible.

clammertoe

Established
Proverbs 1:7 is the same in most English translations of the Bible.
That may be, but my question remains: which biblical translation accepts Enoch (the book of, that is) as part of its canon? I ask because there is a user of these forums who cites chapter and verse as Scripture, which, to my knowledge, it is not. I post that question here as an "assorted Biblical topic." If the question is out of place or inappropriate here, just ignore it.

phipps

Star
Oh, this was about the book of Enoch. I thought you were referring to the above verse.

I don't know any biblical translations that accept the book of Enoch as part of its canon. It is not in harmony with the rest of Scripture and therefore cannot be inspired by the Holy Spirit.

I actually posted more on the book of Enoch in my thread, The Giants/Nephilim in the Bible here, here and here.

Last edited:

Flarepath

Star
Speaking of gospels, there are about 58 not found in the bible, but most are only mickey mouse so-called "gospels" (like the Book of Mormon) and therefore not to be taken seriously..:)

List of Gospels - Wikipedia