Assorted biblical topics.

phipps

Star
1711880576127.png
A Sinful Woman Forgiven.

Luke 7:36-50:

"Then one of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with him. And He went to the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to eat. And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he spoke to himself, saying, “This Man, if He were a prophet, would know who and what manner of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner.”

And Jesus answered and said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.”

So he said, “Teacher, say it.”

“There was a certain creditor who had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. And when they had nothing with which to repay, he freely forgave them both. Tell Me, therefore, which of them will love him more?”

Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.”

And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” Then He turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has washed My feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head. You gave Me no kiss, but this woman has not ceased to kiss My feet since the time I came in. You did not anoint My head with oil, but this woman has anointed My feet with fragrant oil. Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.”

Then He said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

And those who sat at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

Then He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you. Go in peace.”

Flarepath

Star
Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned, and for revealing them to little children" (Matt 11:25-27)
"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus" (Acts 4:13)
"The law of God makes the simple wise" (Psalm 19:7)
"The law of God protects the simple-hearted" (Psalm 116:6)
"Become a fool by the worlds standards in order to become wise" (1 Cor 3:18 )
"Gods words give light and understanding to the simple" (Psalm 119:130)
"I love the law of God because its made me wiser than all my teachers" (Psalm 119:97-100)
"We don't speak in words taught by mans wisdom,but by Gods" (1 Cor 2:13)
"I may not be a trained speaker but I do have knowledge" (2 Cor 11:6)
Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned, and for revealing them to little children"(Matt 11:25-27)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)

rel-Jesus-teacher.jpg

phipps

Star
Faith in God does not mean that God will do what I want, but it means that God will do what is right for me.

phipps

Star
1713952714286.png
God is all-wise; he knows what we need, what we desire, and what is fit for us. Let us never suppose our heavenly Father would bid us pray, and then refuse to hear, or give us what would be hurtful.

phipps

Star
1714039924731.png
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD” (Isaiah 54:17).