BTS discussion thread

Sadly the Sh1nee beyondlive was 70-80% lipsynched except for the ballads which were live. They haven't sung DCM or Atlantis live even once yet and only Kind was sung live on music show once. Their previous concerts had more live vocals but still the more energetic and dance heavy songs were largely lipsynched. Key's concert was mostly live and Onew's solo concert was fully live as well but both became super exhausted after the concert. For T@emin's concerts he mostly sings the ballads live and there are some parts in songs he sings live like the chorus part in press your number and danger but most of it is lipped. He tried to do full live singing for offsick and it ended up hurting his voice (not like he permenantly damaged his vocal cords or anything just that his voice became somewhat whispery temporarily). Singing live while doing back to back heavy dance numbers is just very very hard and not healthy at all if you want to have a long term career even Michael Jackson would lip sync a LOT most of the times his heavy dance numbers were lipped . Beyonce is amazing but let's be real her dance routines are nowhere near as technically hard or exhausting as MJ or Britney spears routines and she herself has been caught lip syncing before
Wish a lot more fans would read this. They're convinced that their idols sing live during heavy choreography. Are the vocals prerecorded and then lips synced, or do they use the studio recording, something that's happened with other groups? Thanks!

arhur12

Star
Wish a lot more fans would read this. They're convinced that their idols sing live during heavy choreography. Are the vocals prerecorded and then lips synced, or do they use the studio recording, something that's happened with other groups? Thanks!
Its prerecorded live vocals. It means the artist will record themselves singing while performing an easier version of the dance so it sounds like it is live but its actually lipped.

Berrywon88

Star
h you can't resist it, oh even if you struggle,oh dance through my magic/spell, you cannot supress it, I'm the charmer charmer" charmer means one who manipulates people by its attraction. Same like pied Piper
Wow, they're not even trying to hide it with those lyrics. Very disturbing! The word "charmer" can also be related to snakes..like a snake charmer perhaps.
Txt is less addictive. I wonder if both have same music producer secretly as they may use ghost writer. And i observed spell like baraboom boom some thing like that. BP has this in one song and it became huge hit. Skz also have same thing in their songs. We may think it is catchy but it can turnout like spell whoknows
I agree with you, I think there are spells...the boombayah bp song was a good example.
Some of the lyrics to that song show how dumb it really is,
"Now gotta step on it, what else can I do?
I'm young and fearless, man
Middle finger up, F-U pay me
90's baby, I pump up the jam
Step on it, step on it, oppa-ya lambo
Today yours and mine, our youth's a gamble
Don't dare to stop me, if anyone gets in my way
I'ma go, brrrr, Rambo"

I laugh when fans say kpop songs are deeper and more meaningful than the west..
Most kpop music in general is not very good. However, I'll notice no matter how much you hated a kpop song initially, after a couple of listens you'll like it and after a few more listens you're hooked. Like you said "addictive."

Oh there is song of stray kidzs called charmer. The lyrics are like this"oh you can't resist it, oh even if you struggle,oh dance through my magic/spell, you cannot supress it, I'm the charmer charmer" charmer means one who manipulates people by its attraction. Same like pied Piper
I observed some link between group of skz and txt. They both wore eye patch. Both uses whistle in music. Both put mocking laugh in their music in recent era. Skz has highly addictive music and bgm. Txt is less addictive. I wonder if both have same music producer secretly as they may use ghost writer. And i observed spell like baraboom boom some thing like that. BP has this in one song and it became huge hit. Skz also have same thing in their songs. We may think it is catchy but it can turnout like spell whoknows
Songs as spells using modern music.

Lots of kpop songs use Morse code. Txt was introduced using Morse code at the end of their introduction videos. Music was encoded using Morse code to get messages to and from people.

B*s=SK gov't sellouts, political pawns etc.. And why is this expo being discussed like this when it's years away??
They got used by the last administration. The new President has no use for them and btees away, and then got mad because btees said they were done. All integrity was lost when they jumped and danced when M00n told them to. Real rappers told them they were studio rappers and they took it, so we been knew about them. Unfortunately Armys are catching up. I feel for the ones who really think btees is some progressive group. They're the modern BB with the same types of problems except worse because they're global.

Wow, they're not even trying to hide it with those lyrics. Very disturbing! The word "charmer" can also be related to snakes..like a snake charmer perhaps.
I agree with you, I think there are spells...the boombayah bp song was a good example.
I'ma go, brrrr, Rambo"

Most kpop music in general is not very good. However, I'll notice no matter how much you hated a kpop song initially, after a couple of listens you'll like it and after a few more listens you're hooked. Like you said "addictive."
Fans call it Stockholm Syndrome when they learn to love a song they didn't like before. That's all we need to know about kpop. Really good kpop songs focus on emotions and use a lot of poetic language to talk about feelings. Western songs use metaphors and similes to talk about things that happened, emotions or love. The two cultures focus on different things. It's not better or worse to me.

That said, most pop music is fast food. I don't think the top American songs are deep, and same for kpop. It's fast food to be devoured and thrown away when the next big thing is out.

Its prerecorded live vocals. It means the artist will record themselves singing while performing an easier version of the dance so it sounds like it is live but its actually lipped.
Thanks for explaining this. Hope lurking stans will get it through their heads and stop screeching about oppar and unnies vocals. Have heard that breathing noises are recorded too but don't know if it's true.

arhur12

Star
Thanks for explaining this. Hope lurking stans will get it through their heads and stop screeching about oppar and unnies vocals. Have heard that breathing noises are recorded too but don't know if it's true.
Yup if you watch 2-3 performances of the same song they all have the same mistakes, same breath sounds and high notes always sound the same lol.

Riko

Established
B*s=SK gov't sellouts, political pawns etc.. And why is this expo being discussed like this when it's years away??
I just want to know what the final straw was, it's kind of amazing they actually demanded and got a "break" despite the pressures on their heads.

And that guy said that the other cities that applied don't have BTS and the economic windfall of their deranged fans so Busan should be picked. The concert is in this October to win the bid.

There's no way that in 8 years they don't drag them out by their follicles and make them sing 'Dope' LOL

arhur12

Star
A lot of people say this too. The visuals aren't as good as previous idols either. I think virtual idols will be the future because of this demand for perfection. They're asking for their own replacement and will cheer when it arrives.
Virtual Idols already exist and they are called Vocaloids. Haven't heard of Hatsune Miku before??. A3spa's concept is nothing new its just LSM stealing from Japan's pop culture for the upteenth time.
Here a Japanese singer in 2014 doing what A3spa will probably be doing in the future singing with a virtual avatar. Only thing Korea will do is tweak the concept a little and give the virtual avatars human sounding voices rather than fake Anime like voices and boom a new concept is born. This is what SK has been doing since hallyu wave started to blow up.
I am convinced LSM is nothing more than a hard core Anime Otaku lolll

Last edited:

arhur12

Star
I'ma go, brrrr, Rambo"

This is essem's formula nowadays. N*t and A3spa fans will listen to their noise music on loop until it grows on them and then it becomes one of their fav songs of all time. The fandoms are so blind they will forcefully stream songs on 10 devices they don't even like. Saw Ratmies doing the same when PTD sropped. those ratmies who didn't liked the song were harassed and forced to apologize. These oppalogists are crazy

Yup if you watch 2-3 performances of the same song they all have the same mistakes, same breath sounds and high notes always sound the same lol.
Stans are always in the comments saying slayyyy, and they have the best vocals. I think a lot of fans haven't heard good singing. I've heard excellent singers from many cultures, not just the West. Kpop and pop music just sounds the same, and it's no wonder most people don't listen to it.

I just want to know what the final straw was, it's kind of amazing they actually demanded and got a "break" despite the pressures on their heads.

And that guy said that the other cities that applied don't have BTS and the economic windfall of their deranged fans so Busan should be picked. The concert is in this October to win the bid.

There's no way that in 8 years they don't drag them out by their follicles and make them sing 'Dope' LOL
Sadly, Armys will be there with their families listening to them sing. Most will move on, but some will come back for nostalgia. There were soooo many 45+ people and men at the txt concert.

This is essem's formula nowadays. N*t and A3spa fans will listen to their noise music on loop until it grows on them and then it becomes one of their fav songs of all time. The fandoms are so blind they will forcefully stream songs on 10 devices they don't even like. Saw Ratmies doing the same when PTD sropped. those ratmies who didn't liked the song were harassed and forced to apologize. These oppalogists are crazy
Ptd is one of their worst songs but anyone who says that is harassed and forced back into the hive/fandom.

minnie82

Star
Virtual Idols already exist and they are called Vocaloids. Haven't heard of Hatsune Miku before??. A3spa's concept is nothing new its just LSM stealing from Japan's pop culture for the upteenth time.
Here a Japanese singer in 2014 doing what A3spa will probably be doing in the future singing with a virtual avatar. Only thing Korea will do is tweak the concept a little and give the virtual avatars human sounding voices rather than fake Anime like voices and boom a new concept is born. This is what SK has been doing since hallyu wave started to blow up.
I am convinced LSM is nothing more than a hard core Anime Otaku lolll
yes i posted a video in the kpop thread about an al singer called Adam

There's something wrong with txt's Bg. I noticed his energy was off during the concert. He couldn't finish the interview today and had to leave early.