BTS discussion thread

e-Enoch

Superstar
It's interesting that I actually first "discovered" Betees, NOT AS SINGERS... but AS "COMEDIANS." I thought that they were a new bunch of 7 "stooges"... Korean edition...Haha!

Maybe that's why I find them funny even when they "sing..." lol

And Jm's distinctly off key voice...with Jisoo...the singing "dried flower..." Haha!

These idols like PJM actually do not understand what they are doing to themselves. By using too much autotune and relying on technology to make their voices sound good they are making general audience get used to computer generated voices. Soon, we may see companies starting to invest in AI idols. Already there are a few AI groups in KPOP. In a few years when AI technology becomes cheap companies will probably start replacing idols with AI programs. Idols like JM will be the first to get eliminated because of the rise of AI technology because why would a company want to risk their reputation by investing in a guy whose singing voice sounds like a dying goat? Why waste money on trying to make a terrible voice sound listenable when you can use a computer generated voice which will not make mistakes and embarrass you in front of millions of people. Once AI starts to take over the music industry most untalented idols will probably be replaced by AI programs and only exceptionally talented vocalists and performers will survive.
So true. Already Kpop singers are highly manufactured from their personality to their mannerisms. And if they are not talented, why waste efforts? Well this is a scary thing anyway.
Lil Maquela comes into mind

Last edited:

e-Enoch

Superstar
ohh no!! YOU ARE WRONG!! Armchairs are right J1m1n sings like an "ANGEL".......*cough* *cough* he sings like a "dying fallen angel"
Oops...did I hear FALLEN ANGEL? Haha! Jk once referred to him as a fallen angel! Lololol!

Okay then, he must be a "dying fallen angel who sings like a goat!" Haha! Can't let go of the "singing goat" metaphor...lol

The armpits must be having some hearing problems when in comes to Jm...

Last edited:
This is the reality of that billboard no1.

View attachment 85799
Since they arrived in America, they've had an entitled attitude towards a foreign market's charts and awards. Can you imagine a western artist going to Korea and demanding to get an award or be taken seriously? Then when they don't win a Grammy, something even Tae didn't expect, Armys screamed racism. Yes, Hollywood and the music industry have ignored decades of genuinely talented Asian singers and actors of color. No they can't manipulate the charts using mass buying and streams.

This is your chart topper loll. Even the edited version sounds bad.
Low-key, most kpop idols especially fourth gen, can't sing. He was dragged for hours on Twitter, but most of them can't sing or dance. Jm should go the same route as JY.P or Y+G and open his own company. Both were successful musicians, great dancers, and belonged to the first gen of kpop. I think LSM was a singer in the 80s. Bang was a producer and an artist.

He's accomplished a lot. Now he can rest, and help create the groups of tomorrow. Jm is really good with the trainees and younger artists at hive. He could create or manage a subsidiary.

minnie82

Superstar

Rain is one of my favorite songs from Bts, here jm sounds good but instead of improving, he regressed over the years. What happened exactly. One thing is partly that their success makes him lazy, he took it for granted. Seriously company's bias towards him as everyone discusses here.

https://www.bu.edu/lernet/artemis/years/2017/projects/StudentWebsites/Michelle/pages/BTS.html

I don't exactly know the verification of above link, but why jin and tae are referred to as vocalist but jimin as lead vocalist. I think jn has pretty decent voice when compared to jimin. Taehyung has the most unique voice but he ruined it cuz again he got lazy or his smoking.
Yes Taehyung have the potential to be a good singer but he ruined infact for lazyness

arhur12

Star
Low-key, most kpop idols especially fourth gen, can't sing. He was dragged for hours on Twitter, but most of them can't sing or dance. Jm should go the same route as JY.P or Y+G and open his own company. Both were successful musicians, great dancers, and belonged to the first gen of kpop. I think LSM was a singer in the 80s. Bang was a producer and an artist.

He's accomplished a lot. Now he can rest, and help create the groups of tomorrow. Jm is really good with the trainees and younger artists at hive. He could create or manage a subsidiary.
I don't think idols should be dragged for bad vocals because an idol is different from your typical musician. Idols are entertainers and a lot of them even give up singing and shift to acting or modeling after they gain recognition. Look at Ch@ Eun woo or Yoona who barely do any musical stuff outside of their group comebacks.

However, JM is pursuing a solo career and in ratmys' own words "he provided them opportunities to mass stream and mass buy his album". It's pretty clear that Hyb3 and JM were aiming for that No1. If JM truly wants to be considered a global artist he should be taking vocal lessons rn. I know in the past not so talented singers have become popular but even the likes of Britney Spears and Selena Gomez can hold a note live and at least Britney and Selena fans have never claimed that their favourites were vocal goddesses. The reason why most people are hating on him is because ratmys have always overhyped his singing and now some from that fandom are claiming that he is on par with legends like MJ and Beyonce bcz he topped the billboard chart which is just going to make people hate him even more.

e-Enoch

Superstar
Since they arrived in America, they've had an entitled attitude towards a foreign market's charts and awards. Can you imagine a western artist going to Korea and demanding to get an award or be taken seriously? Then when they don't win a Grammy, something even Tae didn't expect, Armys screamed racism. Yes, Hollywood and the music industry have ignored decades of genuinely talented Asian singers and actors of color. No they can't manipulate the charts using mass buying and streams.

Music Industry Secrets: Rigged Charts

Beautiful

Star
Last edited:

Beautiful

Star
. Jm should go the same route as JY.P or Y+G and open his own company.
I don't think he is capable of running company. I saw interview where he said he wants express his life in that song and the next thing in interview you see he partying in club and drinking in mv. The thing is he got fame and money into his head, he just wasting money. He is confused and don't know where to go

e-Enoch

Superstar
I don't think he is capable of running company. I saw interview where he said he wants express his life in that song and the next thing in interview you see he partying in club and drinking in mv. The thing is he got fame and money into his head, he just wasting money. He is confused and don't know where to go
Also, Jm has not shown any kind of management or leadership skills since their debut...