George Floyd/Protests/Peace/Riots/Chaos

LittleLady

Established
Well, all 4 police men are officially arrested, but none of them haven't got convicted yet. I'm starting to think that people will stop protesting once they get convicted, but until then...the protest continues.

Maes17

Superstar
Team B......look into it (cranking up the numbers)

I understand. There's hardly anyone who hasn't been fed anti-commie propaganda (except those who haven't been exposed to American cinema) but it takes will to move past it. It puts my mind in a knot reading those things in conspiracy circles. The MSM can say it because they are beholden to a higher power and have an agenda to push but it's hard for me when individuals still cling to those biases/propaganda despite all the evidence building up around them.
Russia isn't the one building FEMA camps. It isn't the one signing executive orders and drafting terrorist lists that will as soon include belief in conspiracy (theories) facts. Russia isn't the one declaring the whole world a battlefield and that you can be picked up anywhere around the world and locked up without trial. Russia isn't the one militarizing the police. The list goes on and on...

TPTB (in america) keep pushing the narrative of the external enemy seeking to undermine American democracy as a way to deflect from the real enemy within. But those gullible enough (not you) will continue to swallow it until their neck is on a chopping block in an internment camp that Russia/China/Iran didn't build. There is a reason that entertainment perpetuates the enemy image of Russia.

You are a smart and reasonable guy, so i was thrown off balance reading your post. I even thought you were joking.

The only thing that concerns me in this case is that....is it possible for this scene in Divergent to play out in real-life? The soldiers were given a serum that turned them into robots, marching out and prepared to kill on order. Because the reality is that for the guard to refuse to deploy would definitely be a huge blow to "their" plans.
Like I said. I’m open minded. And diving into conspiracies evidence does seem to add up. I come to the board more so to see the perspective of two sides. Vancity and jess make good arguments in their corner. Lurking009 and them also have a solid stance.

I’m not coming in to persuade the arguments. I’m coning in to study and make the best possible solution that fits me and my family.

Not joking in that I am a proud American. But I can also put my pride aside. A lot is to learn to adapt. When I was young. I was resistant to change, almost set in my ways. And I do support that mentality.

But I also think in order to grow as person. I need to have an open mind. I have a lot of success in my life away from the forum cause I feel these subjects give me that ability to think quickly on my feet. And to better understand people better.

Case short. Stand by your beliefs but also have an open mind. We don’t have to agree, but in order to see progess of some sort out in our communities etc. We have to learn to be tolerant

Maes17

Superstar
Well, all 4 police men are officially arrested, but none of them haven't got convicted yet. I'm starting to think that people will stop protesting once they get convicted, but until then...the protest continues.
If it shows justice. Then yeah I can see the protest dying down.

Now question is will this spark another covid outbreak. Regardless of our beliefs on the virus, now is a ripe opportunity to enforce closures again.

The president of the United States inciting violence on his citizens for executing their constitutional right to protest is not awesome. It’s dictatorial.
Not inciting violence. Clearing the way to send the message he needed to, that churches are off-limits to arsonists and looters. Fuck those protesters. No justice no peace, right? They should've been supporting that church, not chanting their misinformed slogans like NPCs.

Trump said he’s mobilizing the military to vaccinate 100 million people by the end of the year.
Never gonna happen. By the time they get to vaccinating, Corona will be a thing of the past. He's just appeasing certain interest groups.

LittleLady

Established
If it shows justice. Then yeah I can see the protest dying down.

Now question is will this spark another covid outbreak. Regardless of our beliefs on the virus, now is a ripe opportunity to enforce closures again.
This will likely spark another covid outbreak.

My theory is a lot of people are gonna blame the protesters when we get to wave 2, well over where I'm at, at least. Dr Fauci is obviously going to talk about it, and he may tell us like he's been saying before, "It's best we remain closed." I feel like we will remain closed at least until Winter or until the vaccine comes out. Everything is just going to worsen.

For those who are hanging on to the hope of going back to "normal" newsflash, we aren't. Things are only going to get worse and worse, and I don't say this with negativity, I say this as a way of accepting the inevitable. People are saying, "Oh so and so month was horrible than the other," well that must mean this month will be full of worse events, followed by other months later.

justjess

Superstar
I think it’s spiraled into something bigger then this case tbh.

justjess

Superstar
Never gonna happen. By the time they get to vaccinating, Corona will be a thing of the past. He's just appeasing certain interest groups.
Come on man... most of his voters are anti vax - he’s never given a rats ass about appeasing anyone outside his base before.

if he stood on a podium and announced he’s the antichrist would you believe him? Isn’t this site about symbolism? He was holding the Bible upside down in the event you missed that.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Not inciting violence. Clearing the way to send the message he needed to, that churches are off-limits to arsonists and looters. Fuck those protesters. No justice no peace, right? They should've been supporting that church, not chanting their misinformed slogans like NPCs.
That’s a very weird take on it considering the clergy in the church has denounced what he did. So violence is ok if it supports your own view then? They were peacefully protesting - as is their constitutional right.

The message he was sending is he has no problem unleashing violence on people who don’t agree with him even if they aren’t doing anything wrong.

Lyfe

Star
You dont believe all the recorded arson, vandalism, and brutality is enough to justify a greater security presence?

Even if we take things at face value and pretend for a moment there isnt an elite manipulating things behind the scenes, what government would allow all of these things to continue unchecked? Its no surprise there are troops to be deployed on the streets.

justjess

Superstar
You dont believe all the recorded arson, vandalism, and brutality is enough to justify a greater security presence?

Even if we take things at face value and pretend for a moment there isnt an elite manipulating things behind the scenes, what government would allow all of these things to continue unchecked? Its no surprise there are troops to be deployed on the streets.
You absolutely can not ignore the evidence of police agitation spurring these things. It creates an entirely false dialogue.

Lyfe

Star
You absolutely can not ignore the evidence of police agitation spurring these things. It creates an entirely false dialogue.
Who gave the order for the police to act as provocateurs or did they just take it upon themselves to do it?

justjess

Superstar
Who gave the order for the police to act as provocateurs or did they just take it upon themselves to do it?
That remains to be seen. I’m not an Oracle. I’m sure there was someone giving them the orders, who - idk but the president just greenlit them to boot. And I’m sure some of it was on their own. Same can be said for the protesters. It’s group psychology. Doesn’t take much to set off a spark.

ex Defence secretary Mad Dog Mattis came out and said "Trump tries to divide us" and he opposes deployment of troops.

Mad Dog Mattis ?

Mad Dog Mattis is the voice of reason.

This guy is not a good guy, BUT EVEN HE CAN SEE, Trump is a psychopath. These guys know Trump is taking America down the gutter.

They need to do a coup and get rid of his ass.

I think these are very dangerous times. I really dont see an election in 2020.

Maes17

Superstar
This will likely spark another covid outbreak.

My theory is a lot of people are gonna blame the protesters when we get to wave 2, well over where I'm at, at least. Dr Fauci is obviously going to talk about it, and he may tell us like he's been saying before, "It's best we remain closed." I feel like we will remain closed at least until Winter or until the vaccine comes out. Everything is just going to worsen.

For those who are hanging on to the hope of going back to "normal" newsflash, we aren't. Things are only going to get worse and worse, and I don't say this with negativity, I say this as a way of accepting the inevitable. People are saying, "Oh so and so month was horrible than the other," well that must mean this month will be full of worse events, followed by other months later.
We’ll get through all this mess.
But there will be some social change going forward.

This covid lockdown brought out some ugliness to people and the riots boiled over what was left.

We have these discussions to come to an agreement. To bridge these differences that instigate hostility.

Again despite our beliefs on this. Whether it is a set up by a dictator to implement martial law or it is a bunch of angry liberals.

One fact is we’re being suckered into hate, and such.
But just like I said, when you grow up conditioned and believing a certain way, it’s hard to bring those walls/perceptions down.

Tikawanda

Established
That's very optimistic of you, but I personally don't think it'll be that simple; the riots will probably continue for another week or so until they simmer down, although that would require a lack of further escalation by many parties involved. There's still too much hatred and fuel being added to the situation such as the looters who are taking advantage of the chaos to steal, Antifa fanning the flames with their own agenda, alt-right groups infiltrating the protests to incite more division and subterfuge, and of course Trump pitting Americans against each other every day with his daily rant tweets and threats to sic the military on people.

Maes17

Superstar
That's very optimistic of you, but I personally don't think it'll be that simple; the riots will probably continue for another week or so until they simmer down, although that would require a lack of further escalation by many parties involved. There's still too much hatred and fuel being added to the situation such as the looters who are taking advantage of the chaos to steal, Antifa fanning the flames with their own agenda, alt-right groups infiltrating the protests to incite more division and subterfuge, and of course Trump pitting Americans against each other every day with his daily 50 tweets and threats to sic the military on people.
If the protest get their wanted justice. Then I can see this dying off.

There will still be riots and such on the scale of Charleston. But I think it’ll eventually settle.